Who Can Be The Seele Children?

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Tsuki No Nagisa
Embryo

Who Can Be The Seele Children?

•      
  •      

Postby Tsuki No Nagisa » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:16 pm

Ok so, I am just thinking and thinking..who are the children that are going to have a meeting with Kaworu(also why is he wet?) i also think there will be new charas.

Anything in mind people?

(talking about eva 3.0 preview) [/b]
~Maybe i Was Born To Meet You~
~Maybe i Was Born To Kill You~
~Maybe i Was Born To.....You~

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:23 pm

Rebuild of Evangelion topics belong in the Rebuild of Evangelion forum. They do not belong in Evangelion Chit-Chat.

Tsuki No Nagisa
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Tsuki No Nagisa » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:26 pm

oh, but isn't there just for news and updates?

sorry im new :p
Last edited by Tsuki No Nagisa on Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:28 pm

All Rebuild of Evangelion news, discussion, and chit-chat goes in the Rebuild forum.

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Stryker » Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:08 pm

Most likely the other pilots. If not, maybe the multiple Reis seen?
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

Jornophelanthas
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

Re: Who Can Be The Seele Children?

•      
  •      

Postby Jornophelanthas » Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:32 pm

View Original PostTsuki No Nagisa wrote:i also think there will be new charas.

I do not think there will be new characters. The cast of characters in Rebuild of Evangelion is already too large for each character to receive a fair amount of screen time / story involvement.

Rebuild has less screen time to tell the story, and adds a new major character in Mari. This is stretching things thin indeed.

What am I saying? Neon Genesis Evangelion (consisting of 26 episodes and a feature-length movie - many more minutes than Rebuild) already had too many characters; Kaworu should have been introduced much earlier than episode 24, and Kaji needed more backstory.

So no, no more new characters. Please! Misato, Ritsuko, Asuka and Kaji remain too undeveloped already. (I am grateful, though, that Kaworu will likely finally receive his due attention in Rebuild 3.0.)

(Although it would be interesting to have the Rei clones shown with distinct personalities.)

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Azathoth » Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:16 pm

View Original PostJornophelanthas wrote:Kaworu should have been introduced much earlier than episode 24

Nah. The more time he spends on screen, the more yawnworthy and stock evil bishounen he becomes. So much so that Rebuild just decided to make him ridiculously, mustache-twirlingly evil from the get-go.
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

chaosakita
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby chaosakita » Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:25 pm

There were four children in the preview with Kaworu right? Then it's almost definitely Shinji, Rei, Asuka, and Mari.
Avatar: Shinji and Kaworu get ice cream

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Azathoth » Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:34 pm

The four silhouettes with Kaworu are Reiclones, as confirmed by the storyboards.
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:54 pm

View Original PostAzathoth wrote:The four silhouettes with Kaworu are Reiclones, as confirmed by the storyboards.

Rei clones? I thought they were the pilots. can you provide me with a link to the storyboards?
Current avatar: Shotoku in winter
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be Manners." ~ George Carlin
Wilt Chamberlain answers the infamous question.

gatotsu911
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby gatotsu911 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:36 pm

View Original PostAzathoth wrote:Nah. The more time he spends on screen, the more yawnworthy and stock evil bishounen he becomes.

This is hardly a necessity. Written properly, the character could have had a more proper buildup while still preserving his enigma.
"I am shocked, SHOCKED, that a regular on an Evangelion forum would be a self-hating mess." - Tarnsman, paraphrased

"Jesus Christ, why are we even still talking about this shit?" - The Eva Monkey, summing up Evageeks in a sentence

Avatar: The Frozen Flame ~ Where Angels Lose Their Way

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Stryker » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:16 pm

To backup Gatotsu's statement, just look at Rei. She managed to keep it all up 'till episode 23 (for me, at least).
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

Jornophelanthas
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Jornophelanthas » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:26 pm

View Original PostAzathoth wrote:The four silhouettes with Kaworu are Reiclones, as confirmed by the storyboards.

Interesting. Remember that the 3.0 preview shows exactly FOUR Reis (three naked younger Reis cowering behind a fourteen-year-old Ayanami in school uniform)? Also, remember that the Second Impact flashback shows FOUR halos, FOUR cores and FOUR beings of light?

Perhaps there is some merit to my argument that Rei is not Lilith this time around, but Adam (or 4 Adams to be precise). And this leaves Kaworu to be Lilith.

Remember in NGE, when Rei was distant and cold, and Kaworu's personality was (to Shinji) warm and fuzzy? And remember that in NGE, Shinji was repulsed by Rei/Lilith when he found out her true nature, but still felt warm and fuzzy about Kaworu after he had squeezed his head off for being an Angel?

In Rebuild, Rei becomes all warm and fuzzy (to Shinji), while Kaworu's personality is cold and distant. In fact, his presence on the moon and his ability to survive there make quite cold and distant from Shinji in a very literal sense.

Further clues in support of the Kaworu-is-Lilith theory are:
- The full moon has always been associated with Lilith and, by extension, NGE-Rei. While Rei is again shown against the backdrop of the (white) full moon in Rebuild 1.0, Rebuild-Kaworu is actually ON that moon (revealed in the very last scene of 1.0).
- At the end of 2.0, Kaworu (inside Unit-06) is seen descending from the moon onto the battlefield, with the full moon showing right above his EVA's halo.

I would not be surprised if Rebuild-Shinji will be repulsed by Rebuild-Kaworu, once he discovers he is more than human. Just like he was repulsed by Rei III and GNR.

chaosakita
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby chaosakita » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:39 pm

I find that interesting too. The figures all seemed to have different heights to me, for one thing.
Avatar: Shinji and Kaworu get ice cream

Tsuki No Nagisa
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Tsuki No Nagisa » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:48 pm

Actually , i dont think they are Rei clones, but who knows , the most appropiated thing is to wait till the movie is out *shrugs*

and i DO want more kaworu and Shinji! :D (me no like Rei)

Kaworu clearly wans something with Shinji , even if they dont know who is each other xD (he said he was going to make him happy) (jk)

1 more thing! , : In the moon in eva 2.0 , Wen kaworu says , glad to meet you father, I think that by saying father he is refering to Adam in gendo's palm , (dont know if in this movie he has it)

Screw Shinji and Rei! , i want MORE kaworu in this movie anno!!!!
Last edited by Tsuki No Nagisa on Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SaltyJoe
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby SaltyJoe » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:25 pm

View Original Postbobbyfischer's ghost wrote:Rei clones? I thought they were the pilots. can you provide me with a link to the storyboards?

Here's a link, from gwern's Eva archive.

Just to chime in on the whole Kaworu should have had more screentime/buildup thing: i think the suddenness of his appearaence is a big part of what makes him effective. When the hero is struck by a vision on his journey (a common motif), the fact that the vision came out of nowhere makes it all the more powerful. Kaworu plays the role of such a sudden, overwhelming occurrence in Shinji's life, and honestly, i don't really see any other way the character could be utilized. For Q, this means that his screentime will probably be limited, but every second spent with him will be worthvile. Then again, maybe Anno will show me wrong.
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it is too dark to read."

Tsuki No Nagisa
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Tsuki No Nagisa » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:29 pm

View Original PostSaltyJoe wrote:Here's a link, from gwern's Eva archive.

Just to chime in on the whole Kaworu should have had more screentime/buildup thing: i think the suddenness of his appearaence is a big part of what makes him effective. When the hero is struck by a vision on his journey (a common motif), the fact that the vision came out of nowhere makes it all the more powerful. Kaworu plays the role of such a sudden, overwhelming occurrence in Shinji's life, and honestly, i don't really see any other way the character could be utilized. For Q, this means that his screentime will probably be limited, but every second spent with him will be worthvile. Then again, maybe Anno will show me wrong.

Ok They can possibly Rei clones , but why are they there? , why chosen by faith?
Last edited by Tsuki No Nagisa on Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby 1731298478 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:35 am

View Original PostSaltyJoe wrote:Here's a link, from gwern's Eva archive.

One mistake I made on the storyboard:
Water’s surface: Seele [? - “水面はセル”]

I'm not sure what I was thinking, but セル is not "Seele" but "seru," probably either "cell" or "cel." "The water's surface is [a/the] [cell/cel]." Maybe refers to an animation cel, or something else?

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby symbv » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:48 am

^ 水面はセル means extra animation cel should be used to depict the water surface (not some CG for example).

I am more interested in the storyboard above the Kaworu meeting 4 Rei clones. There is a sex scene between giant Rei and Eva-01 in 2.0 ??? (the storyboard explicitly said it is a SEX scene).
I never thought I would come back to Evangelion after EoE,
But I discovered Re-Take (or it found me?) and
now here I am.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asuka FAN FOREVER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby 1731298478 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:23 am

View Original Postsymbv wrote:^ 水面はセル means extra animation cel should be used to depict the water surface (not some CG for example).

Ah, I see!

View Original Postsymbv wrote:I am more interested in the storyboard above the Kaworu meeting 4 Rei clones. There is a sex scene between giant Rei and Eva-01 in 2.0 ??? (the storyboard explicitly said it is a SEX scene).

It's a strange scene! It wasn't used in 2.0; it was based on the originally scripted finale, which followed episode 23 much more closely and was changed very late in production. Shinji Higuchi drew the storyboard, and made an interesting comment in the CRC interviews; here is the excerpt. The storyboard is a version, I think, of this scene from episode 23 of the series.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”