Eva 3.0/Q Next Time Preview Script & Images

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
gatotsu911
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby gatotsu911 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:38 am

For people unable to watch the preview, allow me to provide a succinct summation:

Asuka is IN SPACE
Asuka HAS AN EYEPATCH
Asuka SHOOTS A GUN
MOE MOE Asuka
The End.

And Misato's narration (note: rough translation): "Enjoy another year of waiting! Whatever, fuckers, I know you'll see it!!"
"I am shocked, SHOCKED, that a regular on an Evangelion forum would be a self-hating mess." - Tarnsman, paraphrased

"Jesus Christ, why are we even still talking about this shit?" - The Eva Monkey, summing up Evageeks in a sentence

Avatar: The Frozen Flame ~ Where Angels Lose Their Way

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:18 am

EVA-02 is tumbling badly in its ballistic trajectory -- I'm guessing trying to orient on some target while at the top of some sub-orbital peek-and-shoot manoeuvre, and before having to hunker down behind that surfboard on the way down.

And talking of surfboarding super-robots -- it looks like someone has started to vandalise the moon with planetary quantities of ketchup.

Either Nigoki's right arm is bare, or it's coloured white, as we see it trying to bring that massing AT rifle thing into line one-handed.

And it looks like the preview cuts out just before the Hallelujah Chorus would start to play.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:21 am

View Original Postgatotsu911 wrote:
And Misato's narration (note: rough translation): "Enjoy another year of waiting! Whatever, fuckers, I know you'll see it!!"

She's talking about Shinji waking up and meeting a boy and a new world

in other words: Evangelion 3.0 Quickening of Homolust confirmed.

As for what we see, to quote myself from other thread:

Hopefully this is not even remotely finished footage because that CGI is FUGLY (seriously Khara wtf you can do better than this, or do we need Production I.G or Satelight here)

Luckily the short bit of delicious VFX animation aka dem explosions look sweet. Very Anno.

Hopefully the role given to Asuka here appeases worries of our Asuka brigade
Last edited by Xard on Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion
Banned

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:24 am

FINALLY! SOMETHING! But now we'll have to wait a full year! :(

BTW is it just me or does anyone else get the feeling that Asuka's gonna be fighting Arael in that scene? Either that or Ary's getting replaced.

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

Postby Azathoth » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:25 am

View Original PostXard wrote:Hopefully this is not even remotely finished footage because that CGI is FUGLY (seriously Khara wtf you can do better than this, or do we need Production I.G or Satelight here)

How is this a surprise? Jo CG was mediocre and Ha was astoundingly ugly. imo this actually looks better than Sahaquiel.
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:26 am

View Original PostTwin Drive Sigma Aquarion wrote:FINALLY! SOMETHING! But now we'll have to wait a full year! :(

If by a "full year" you mean waiting a full year for shitty, eye cancerous camrip, yeah. If you mean getting to see it the film in proper quality you mean two years.

Maybe I should start saving up for another Japan trip next fall/early winter 2013? Hmm.... :hahaha:

Azathoth wrote:How is this a surprise? Jo CG was mediocre and Ha was astoundingly ugly. imo this actually looks better than Sahaquiel.

Sahaquiel was one ugly fucker but I think the CG animation for Eva units on their own was pretty darn good, ditto for the opening fight with Tunniel (Clockiel, on the other hand...was adequate). The first seconds obviously aren't finished model but I don't like the feel and the way how Eva-02 actually spins and moves. It lacks any sense of mass and velocity, as if it was rotating in empty space (ie. it doesn't mesh with the 2D art at all)

I guess Sayonara just spoiled me once and for all as far as action CG goes :lol:

Then again, Satelight's CG for next winter's Aquarion EVOL looks notably better too, and that's tv series....

Well, given that this is Anno we're talking about chances are this was just something they specifically animated for the tv broadcast and this footage will not make it to final film at all :E

gatotsu911
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby gatotsu911 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:53 am

Xard, I really thought you of all people would have a better eye for sarcasm.

WILD SPECULATION TIME: the "other world" that Shinji wakes up in will establish some connection to the original continuity, and explain why Kaworu (the "boy") seems to have extracanonical awareness.

Also, I would like to see Tiffany Grant's reaction to this teaser. Preferably with the volume turned down.
"I am shocked, SHOCKED, that a regular on an Evangelion forum would be a self-hating mess." - Tarnsman, paraphrased

"Jesus Christ, why are we even still talking about this shit?" - The Eva Monkey, summing up Evageeks in a sentence

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:57 am

View Original Postgatotsu911 wrote:Xard, I really thought you of all people would have a better eye for sarcasm.

I knew you were being sarcastic but figured people would like to know what was actually being said. Well, but since that was basically

"Ikari Shinij awakens.
Beside him, a mysterious boy.
Then, a new world awaits him."

aka FUCKING NOTHING

all we can deduce from the focus on Kaworu is that Kaworu is going to get major focus...which is kinda "well duh"

Combine this preview's focus on Shinji meeting with Kaworu with Eva-02 and Asuka promo pics a while ago and now a short teaser focusing entirely on the two reds I think it's fair to say Anno wants viewers to know Asuka and Kaworu are going to play a major role in next film.

3.0's principal characters in terms of development will probably be:

Asuka
Mari
Kaworu (thoug in all honesty it's probably case of Kaworu being used as vehicle for Shinji's development, again)

Focus will shift away from Rei to some extent in any case.

Sephizim
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby Sephizim » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:46 pm

The question about Kaworu is essentially whether or not something analogous to episode 24 will happen in 3.0 or 4.0 (if at all). I’m thinking that 3.0 will go up to some equivalent to episode 24, and 4.0 will be the new EoE, but at this point, anything could happen. They might even work Kaworu into the actual climax of the story in one way or another. I think the fact that the possibilities are so open is what makes this so exciting!

JoeD80
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby JoeD80 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:35 pm

View Original PostSephizim wrote:The question about Kaworu is essentially whether or not something analogous to episode 24 will happen in 3.0 or 4.0 (if at all).

Well they already have shown Eva-6 descending into Dogma in the first Q preview.

gatotsu911
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby gatotsu911 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:35 pm

View Original PostSephizim wrote:The question about Kaworu is essentially whether or not something analogous to episode 24 will happen in 3.0 or 4.0 (if at all).

The preview in 2.22 showed an image of Kaworu's new Eva descending through the shaft to Terminal Dogma, in the same pose and at the same angle as Unit 02 in ep. 24. So I'm going to guess the answer to this question is a tentative "yes". And, hell, a snazzy remake of the famous "Ode to Joy" sequence would make 3.0 worth seeing all by itself.

EDIT: Damn, ninja'd!!

MotionBlue
Embryo

Re: Eva 3.0/Q Next Time Preview Script & Images

Postby MotionBlue » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:47 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:__

Cut-7: (Mentioned in the Storyboards, but NOT in this final script!)

Closeup of a register of names posted on a door with a chain across the front.

__

Since nobody has mentioned it, this sounds like a pretty blatant reference to conclave. The Catholic church practice of when they elect a new Bishop.

Could mean Gendo is out of a job. Or maybe it has something to do with Kaworu/Shinji.

I'm hoping Asuka returns in glorious manner.
"The danger, however, is not less real because it is imaginary; imagination acts upon man as really as does gravitation, and may kill him ( just ) as certainly...."
- Sir James George Frazer

Sephizim
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby Sephizim » Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:32 pm

View Original PostJoeD80 wrote:Well they already have shown Eva-6 descending into Dogma in the first Q preview.

Derp, why did I forget that?

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:43 pm

For archival purposes, I should properly follow the thread's namesake and post the images (from the Internets) alongside the text:

[URL=http://s74.photobucket.com/albums/i267/sailorstardust/Rebuild%20stuff/Q%20Next%20Time%20Preview/?action=view&current=1314367254523.jpg]Image[/URL]

Narrator Misato: "Shinji Ikari awakens. Beside him stands a mysterious boy. And then, a new world waits for him. Next Time: Evangelion New Movie Edition: Q. Next time as well I'll give you service, service~"

Edited above into first post in-thread.

MotionBlue: Well, the original 3.0 Next Time Preview show Gendo and Fuyutsuki out in the desert somewhere, I'm assuming he's either in hiding from Seele or trying to look for something (related to that Key?).
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

Postby Kendrix » Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:03 pm

As long as there is service, I'm pleased. I only hope they will have a bit more *male* fanservice. Kaworu, Shinji, Kaji and Gendo? Remove their shirts.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Guilt & Innocence
Lilith

Postby Guilt & Innocence » Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:28 pm

Glorious! More news!
Will the darkness in their hearts be purified?
"Rawr *Chomp Chomp* RawR *Chomp* *swallow*" - Yui Ikari

"Let's analyze this, if I were to run away, where the fuck would I go?" - Shinji Ikari Gag dub

Xous
Lilith

Postby Xous » Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:31 pm

EVAS IN SPAAAACCCEEEEEEEEE....

Anyway, the Moon appearing behind the Earth so suddenly seemed weird, but aside from that, a very interesting teaser trailer. Of course, there's the chance absolutely none of it may appear in the final product, but it'll be something to chew on for the next couple of weeks, I guess.
Current Eva-related project: Drawing Angels #1 - 17. Progress: Sketching Ireul. [On Standby]

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:17 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:Oh boy -- Shinji x Kaworu homolustan straight out the gate?

YES!!!
View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:And that lass with the eyepatch is looking more like Nono than any other Gainax girl. (no :3 face for you this time!)

It was my impression as well.

EDIT: this "preview" vaguely reminds me of Anima, Asuka flying in space...
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:20 pm

View Original PostOrnette wrote:What exactly is all that red stuff that flies by in the background? It's not the moon (we see that later).

Earth.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Eva 04
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby Eva 04 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:36 pm

Interesting. So Unit 02 get's repaired. Cant wait for this to come out next year.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”