The other countries in NGE and RB

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
mastervampire
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby mastervampire » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:50 am

Wouldnt you think that if they have more Evangelions around they would send them ALL to fight the Angels?

I mean why hold back extra firepower?

Look at zeruel, he took out 00,02, and what if he also took out 01?
Oh no more Evas around to fight because the ones we got here just got destroyed and by the time we fly the others to Japan 3rd impact has already begun!

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:22 am

View Original Postmastervampire wrote:Wouldnt you think that if they have more Evangelions around they would send them ALL to fight the Angels?

I mean why hold back extra firepower?

It's been already stated, world powers simply don't trust each other enough to give them all to Japan.
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

B)

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:40 am

View Original PostAgent_Koopa wrote:An Evangelion is a weapon unstoppable by any force besides another Evangelion, so it makes sense that no country would want any other to have too many

Still, I was impressed by the foresight of that treaty, historically, we haven't been so keen on locking up "Weapons that kick all ass" until well after such a device has been used at least once.

For example, it took over a decade of the Soviet Union and U.S. going through a cycle of stockpiling and building bigger and badder nuclear phallic symbols before saying "Hey, you know what? What were doing here, bringing the whole world to the very edge of catastrophic destruction and what-not? This might just be INSANE! Let's agree to disagree, shall we?"

Not to mention, to this day, biological weapons are still something of a "grey area", but at least after WWI we all agreed "Yeah, that sh*t just ain't cool man".
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

Seph
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Seph » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:01 am

View Original PostReichu wrote:It's probably limited to three because four Evas in one place at one time would carry an above-average risk of Impacty stuff happening. And Seele wouldn't want that to happen before they say "go".

I agree with this. Remember that the number of MPE's present seemed very important when SEELE was trying to trigger 3I in EoE.
Last edited by Seph on Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:25 am

View Original PostSeph wrote:I agree with this .Remember that the number of MPE's present seemed very important when SEELE was trying to trigger 3I in EoE.

This is not necessarily a problem as far as the Evas aren't equipped with the S2 engine (well, for Rebuild we don't have this term and we don't know if the equivalent used in Eva-04 is exactly the same thing, though).
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

Seph
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Seph » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:35 am

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:This is not necessarily a problem as far as the Evas aren't equipped with the S2 engine (well, for Rebuild we don't have this term and we don't know if the equivalent used in Eva-04 is exactly the same thing, though).

For now, I think it's safer to presume that there is no S2 engine, or that the EVAs already have its equivalent.

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:17 am

View Original PostSeph wrote:For now, I think it's safer to presume that there is no S2 engine, or that the EVAs already have its equivalent.

Not all of them, Eva-04 is explicitly mentioned as a testbed unit.
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

Seph
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Seph » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:29 am

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:Not all of them, Eva-04 is explicitly mentioned as a testbed unit.

I don't think they ever say what it is a testbed for though. We still don't have anything to indicate that it is a testbed for the S2 engine, right?

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:44 am

View Original PostSeph wrote:We still don't have anything to indicate that it is a testbed for the S2 engine, right?

Mentions of the S2 engine (as "Pseudo S2 Organ") were present in the storyboard for 2.0, but removed for whatever reason.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:49 am

View Original PostReichu wrote:Mentions of the S2 engine (as "Pseudo S2 Organ") were present in the storyboard for 2.0, but removed for whatever reason.

This is still interesting, though. Effectively they haven't obtained a sample of it like in NGE, if it's still present then it should have been obtained in some other way (which could maybe explain the "pseudo" part).
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:13 am

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:Effectively they haven't obtained a sample of it like in NGE, if it's still present then it should have been obtained in some other way (which could maybe explain the "pseudo" part).

Probably need to look no further than our long, bony friend in the Arctic for answers.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:19 am

View Original PostReichu wrote:Probably need to look no further than our long, bony friend in the Arctic for answers.

My bad, I don't know what's wrong with me today... yet I wonder why they've changed it to "pseudo S2 organ", was it merely to differentiate it from the original one?
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:32 am

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:My bad, I don't know what's wrong with me today... yet I wonder why they've changed it to "pseudo S2 organ", was it merely to differentiate it from the original one?

Heh, no need to apologize.

About the "pseudo" thing, I honestly don't know. I've seen the "pseudo-" prefix (疑似, giji-) turn up a few times in NME-related terminology, and it's baffled me so far. (Maybe there's some nuance to the Japanese that's slipped by me.) CTRL+F "pseudo" here for the other examples.

For more about the S2 organ in the storyboard, see here. Anno's first concept drawings for Tunniel also made tentative mention of the S2; Number-kun's translation is probably in the main CRC thread.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:10 am

Thanks a lot for the links, Reichu. I've missed that thread and it's really interesting. BTW, I didn't know that the weapon used by Eva-05 was called "Anti-Angel Extermination Weapon Spear of Longinus Basic Type (Pseudo-Restoration)", it's really pretty neat (of course I just wasted money on the CRC books since I have never noticed it by myself, I can at least read katakana...), your fake "Explanation of Evangelion 2.22" is really a nice work.
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

Chroma
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Chroma » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:03 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:Mentions of the S2 engine (as "Pseudo S2 Organ") were present in the storyboard for 2.0, but removed for whatever reason.

They don't seem to need the S2 engine in the Rebuild 'verse, if Unit-01
SPOILER: Show
going God-mode with just Shinji and Rei/ an unnaturally high sync rate is any indication

Then again, Nerv did seem surprised at those turn of events, so....
"What we needed were not words and promises, but the steady accumulation of small realities."
South of the Border, West of the Sun - Haruki Murakami

Fics: Ao3 https://archiveofourown.org/users/Sensha_do

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”