What anime are you watching right now? Apr-Sep 11

Old sticky threads from different subfora are preserved here for easy reference

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:04 pm

Watched Kamisama Dolls and Steins;Gate.

Kamisama Dolls was actually real good. Hard to believe this show went from crap to extremely watchable. They'd better keep it up.

Highlight of the episode was seeing the MC go nuts on Aki. I like a MC who will actually throw a puch instead of behaving like a wet noodle all the time.

Steins;Gate was awesome, and even more heart wrenching then last week. I see some serious pain on the road to saving that girls life. And I wouldn't have it any other way.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

Postby cyharding » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:33 pm

All the recent Gundam posts in this thread led me to rewatch F91 for the first time in over two years. The film is obviously very flawed (as it's backstory suggests) but I don't believe that it is a complete mess. The characters weren't bad but weren't exactlly memorable either especially Seabrook. The mecha designs I found to very good with my empathsis more towards the Crossbone mobilesuits than the F91. The story, from what I could make of it, is very good. Too bad the story was expanded/continued in manga and novels that haven't come over here. In the end, I would say that it's not a bad Gundam story, but one that won't rewatch too often.

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:52 pm

View Original PostXard wrote: Oh right, I forgot the effects of TDSA filter...

Actually I read TDSA's posts too. In fact I kind of like his style -- he never tried to get over analytical and he is clear about his idea of quality is a personal preference, even making fun of himself watching Miyazaki's films as an exercise of "being cultured". I read his posts with a smile -- a reaction I definitely do not have reading many of the posts in this forum. Besides his posts sometimes tell me some old anime that even I did not know -- another plus.

Anyway....

Hana Iroha #1 sold for almost 9000 copies of BD/DVD in its first week, more than Denpa Onna but fewer than Azazel-san. Slightly more than many predictions in 2ch and definitely made it a success.

Amazon JP anime BD ranking from last weekend:

- MS Gundam UC came back to claim top spot again
- PMMM (Madoka) #4 goes for sale this week. All PMMM titles rise up in ranking.
- Ano Hana and Tiger & Bunny (T&B) are keeping good sales. As are IS, Steins;Gate, Azazel-san and Blue Exorcist
- PenguinDrum debuts in relatively good position (and other titles of this season like Usagi Drop, YuruYuri , IdolMaster and MayoChiki)
- Dog Days finally came on sales...

01 MS Gundam UC #4
02 PMMM #4
03 Ano Hana #2
04 PMMM #5
05 Steins;Gate #2
06 Sohkyuu no Fafner - Heaven and Earth
07 Ano Hana #3
08 IS #4
09 T&B #4
10 Steins;Gate #3
11 PMMM #6
12 T&B #5
13 T&B #3
14 IS #5
15 PenguimDrum #1
16 OreImo #8
17 Hana Iroha #2
18 Ano Hana #6
19 Blue Exorcist #2
20 Index II #6
21 Ano Hana #4
22 Steins;Gate #1
23 Ano Hana #1
24 Azazel-san #2
25 Ano Hana #5
26 Steins;Gate #4
27 Nintama Rantaro movie -- Ninjutsu Gakuen Zen'in Shutsudou!
28 PMMM #1
29 The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky the animation vol.1 collection
30 T&B #2
31 Index II #7
32 T&B #6
33 Dog Days #1
34 Natsume Yujincho 3 #2
35 YuruYuri #1
36 Idol Master #1
37 Hana Iroha #1
38 Zan Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei BD BOx
39 Mimi wo Sumaseba
40 Usagi Drop #1

Honorable Mentions
45 Uta-no*Prince-sama #1
58 Kimi ga Nozomu Eien BD Box
59 Kimi ga Nozomu Eien ~next season~ BD Box
76 Ro-Kyu-Bu! #1
77 Manyu Hikencho #1
86 MayoChiki! #1
I never thought I would come back to Evangelion after EoE,
But I discovered Re-Take (or it found me?) and
now here I am.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asuka FAN FOREVER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:04 am

not exactly anime but I'm watching nico live stream of Hiroyuki X Moot discussion :D

some Japanese reactions are really amusing... "ikemen w" :lol:

>moot doesn't know wwwwww

"/v/ doesn't talk about video games" hahahahahahaha :rofl:

this is so awkward and funny :lol:

edit: well wasn't that idiotic 40 minutes to spent but now they're constantly kicking me out so might as well stop

Hiroyuki is kinda cool guy

IrkenEvangelion
Pilot
Pilot

Hey, mister. I am mad scientist! It's so cool! Sonuvabitch.

Postby IrkenEvangelion » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:26 pm

Steins;Gate is something to behold. It really is. Another emotionally draining episode to reconfirm my decision to purchase all the BDs. Okabe is just having one hell of a time. Hard decisions to make. At least he does have a goal though. Save Mayuri. I think without that set of mind he would have given up a long time ago. It's like survival, 80% of it is a psychological battle.

EDIT: I really liked when Rumiho looked into Okabe's eyes and received memories from a different world line. It's also interesting to note how SERN exploited the "kidnapping" to get the IBN 5100. I hope Rumiho kept her memories of being with her father from the previous world line..

Bunny Drop is adorable. Another rare show where I watch both the OP and ED and even watch them again. It is better than I had expected the adaption to be, I can't wait to see the hott mother of Rin's friend at the new day care.
Last edited by IrkenEvangelion on Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THIS IS STEINS;GATE'S CHOICE!
----<3 Merchant meets Spicy Wolf <3----
8 YEARS OF EVA, Does it mean something to you?
EvaPedia|Xbox Live|El Psy Congroo

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Re: Hey, mister. I am mad scientist! It's so cool! Sonuvabit

Postby symbv » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:35 pm

View Original PostIrkenEvangelion wrote:Steins;Gate is something to behold. It really is. Another emotionally draining episode to reconfirm my decision to purchase all the BDs. Okabe is just having one hell of a time. Hard decisions to make. At least he does have a goal though. Save Mayuri. I think without that set of mind he would have given up a long time ago. It's like survival, 80% of it is a psychological battle.

Madoka  SPOILER: Show
Yes, it is like watching Homura as protagonist and see things from her point of view and the setting is science fiction instead of mahou shoujo, and a mysterious organization instead of a mysterious alien, and focus put on time travel instead of contract.

Yes, support the anime you love by buying the BDs :thumbsup:
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

IrkenEvangelion
Pilot
Pilot

Postby IrkenEvangelion » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:18 pm

My wallet doesn't like me supporting them but I think I won that round. Posted pictures of them in the Recent Hauls [2].
THIS IS STEINS;GATE'S CHOICE!
----<3 Merchant meets Spicy Wolf <3----
8 YEARS OF EVA, Does it mean something to you?
EvaPedia|Xbox Live|El Psy Congroo

Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion
Banned

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:55 am

As of today I just found out that copyright nazis got to Veoh and took down the channel that had uploaded God Mars. :( I only made it to episode 38; ironic since when that is the exact episode I stopped at with Xabungle when copyright nazis took it down on YouTube until just this Monday. Guess I'll never finish GM, which is a shame because it really is enjoyable. :dejected:
So depressed am I
Missing you I do TK
Gone from paradise

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:16 am

Bumped into this anime shown on my cable TV movie channel - Mai Mai Miracle. Heavy influence of Studio Ghibli and very interesting look at kids' life in rural Japan in the 50s, mixed with a girl's life 1000 years ago. And I did not know there is this anime before seeing it by accident.
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

Banned

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:33 pm

To kill some time and to feed me curiosity I watched God Mars: The Untold Story, aka the 1988 retelling OVA for the first 18 episodes (or 19 since Zeron is the only robot enemy that showed up). Basically it was the story of the series in a darker tone and through the eyes of Marg, which I have to say was kind of depressing until the end; character wise he's more aggressive and has angst. Wahl for whatever reason is reduced to a wuss and Rose becomes quite heartless. The other five gods don't make an appearance outside of light trails, the new Gaia has one weird looking head (as in a goofy matador costume hat), and the new God Mars was actually kind of neat. Zeron didn't change much outside of being jet black and resembling more like a blackbird stealth jet than a robot. What amazed me the most were the production values, for it's time I imagine this would have been a work of art because I haven't seen anything of this level pre-Endless Waltz.
So depressed am I
Missing you I do TK
Gone from paradise

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:26 pm

Watched No. 6, Usagi Drop, and Blood-C.

No.6 was pretty good, Rat is still awesome and even Sion showed some fire.

Usagi Drop was great like usual. And Ren's mom might even show up in the next episode, which should make for some interesting fireworks.

Blood-C was good all the way through for a change. It looks like the night is starting to bleed into the day, and I'm very happy about it.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

SaltyJoe
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby SaltyJoe » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:50 am

Mawaru Penguindrum Ep. 4.:

SPOILER: Show

Oh Dear...

Akira Ishida was just too much. "Oooh, nanto très bien!"

Fun episode overall, and it looks like shit's getting real. "The plot thickens."
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it is too dark to read."

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:00 am

>can't watch penguindrum because internet doesn't work

;__________________;

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:31 am

Just be a man and watch it in the library.

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:37 am

View Original PostInstrumentalityOne wrote:Just be a man and watch it in the library.

no sounds. It just isn't the same without dem penguin noises or ROCK'N'ROLL MAAANNNN

Well, I do have my anime stash of unwatched episodes at home I guess. In fact yesterday I watched Aquarion episodes 14-16

12-13 were pretty damn great, 14 was good but about as LOLKAWAMORIIIII/WHAT THE FLYING FUCK as possible while episodes 15 and 16 were both rushed messes. I really need to post the screencaps from this shit because...well, yeah. I'm getting a terrible, terrible premonition of what's to come (which would explain some of the stuff Dr. Nick mentioned that has been notably...absent so far)

Also continued Zeta Gundam and was immeaditly greeted by some small scale LOLTOMINO as one guy molested balls of his petty officer. Katz continued being really annoying too.

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:58 am

Ah, okay then.

Finished watching The 08th MS Team, now picking up Gandamu Daburu Zeta, Amaado Toruupa Botomuzu and Yuru Yuri.

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:01 am

View Original PostInstrumentalityOne wrote:Ah, okay then.

Finished watching The 08th MS Team, now picking up Gandamu Daburu Zeta, Amaado Toruupa Botomuzu and Yuru Yuri.

so how long did you make it into Macross 7 before giving up? :hahaha:

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:22 am

7 episodes or something.
Still have to finish that some day for completion´s sake :dizzy:
I hate 50 episode shows.

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

Postby Azathoth » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:47 am

View Original PostSaltyJoe wrote:
SPOILER: Show

Oh Dear...

THIS ISN'T KAWAII AT ALL

:derp:
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

Banned

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:07 pm

By sheer luck while looking at a new anime stream site where I intend to watch Devilman Lady, Ryu Knight, and the Zone of The Enders series in coming days I found the special ova episode Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid dubbed. Never getting around to seeing it, I decided to and I am disappointed. It's bad enough the franchise didn't have much of an end to the last series and this really didn't do much. It's basically the Linebarrels specials if they were actually funny (and didn't end on a dumb cliffhanger), but what really made me go "WHAT THE HELL!?" was when they took friggin' arm slaves and MADE THEM DO THE TANGO! WHAT!? I can understand janitorial work or something menial since they were inspired by the machines from Patlabor, but come on! The fan service was also annoying.

Return to “Old Stickies”