Rebuild image scans thread

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Fri May 06, 2011 10:49 am

I think Mari would be the type to just grab something on the way.
Also, she has the most visible body fat out of the pilots, it's just all where it should be (tits, ass, pubic mount). It helps that she is so tall.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Fallingtogrey
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Fallingtogrey » Sun May 08, 2011 4:49 pm

Hopefully.
Last edited by Fallingtogrey on Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Fear. It is something vital to us puny creatures. The instant Man stops fearing is the instant the species will reach a dead end, only to sink to pitiable lows, only to sit and wait apathetically for extinction!"

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Sun May 08, 2011 5:43 pm

View Original PostShogo-Kun wrote:Okay, so HOW THE FLYING F**K DOES MARI KEEP HER FIGURE IF SHE'S DOWNING FAST-FOOD?! Does everyone in the EVA universe have like an ungodly high metabolism?! Explain, Anno! EXPLAIN!!!

I'm 23 years old, 5 feet, 11 inches tall, have a 28 inch waist, weigh 120 pounds, and can eat anything I want. I'm thinking of starting an all Little Debbie diet to see if gaining weight is actually possible for me. Sadamoto based all of his Evangelion characters off of me and my mother, who not only weighs less than I do, but also weighs less then the she did 25 years ago, despite giving birth to 6 kids. Happy Mother's Day, mom! :crush:

So, yeah. That's how it happened.

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Stryker » Sun May 08, 2011 5:49 pm

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:I'm 23 years old, 5 feet, 11 inches tall, have a 28 inch waist, weigh 120 pounds, and can eat anything I want. I'm thinking of starting an all Little Debbie diet to see if gaining weight is actually possible for me. Sadamoto based all of his Evangelion characters off of me and my mother, who actually weighs less then the she did 25 years ago. Happy Mother's Day, mom! :crush:

So, yeah. That's how it happened.

Wow, your small (and underweight). I'm 5'10, 17, Waist at 32, weighing in at 138 pounds. My doc says that I am perfectly normal, and that I am actually healthy. But don't screw up your metabolism, otherwise your going to get real fat. Avoid fast food, and instead of gaining weight, work your way up in muscle. That way, you get heavier, and manlier.
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Sun May 08, 2011 6:00 pm

View Original PostStryker wrote:Wow, your small (and underweight). I'm 5'10, 17, Waist at 32, weighing in at 138 pounds. My doc says that I am perfectly normal, and that I am actually healthy. But don't screw up your metabolism, otherwise your going to get real fat. Avoid fast food, and instead of gaining weight, work your way up in muscle. That way, you get heavier, and manlier.

Yes, I am small. The doctors still can't quite place me, and my current one just gave up and said, "Fuck it. You're just thin."

My brother works out and stuff. It does give him more strength, but after years of pumping lead he's never actually gained any visible muscle mass. I'm not sure why. He's scary in a fight and can take on any one he wants. But he just doesn't look like he can. That's kind of in his advantage in a fight, if you think about it.

That's not to say that I probably shouldn't do the same though. But actually looking more toned probably won't come out of it.

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Mon May 09, 2011 7:13 am

must be some genetic condition/mutation. There have been cases of ppl who literally look like skelletons.

there are huge individual differences - My brother and I both spend our days in front of our computers eating pizza, and while I'm as chubby as you'd expect it, my brother's a living noodle.

Also, a person liking fastfood/eating it SOMETIMES doesn't mean he/she doesn't eat anything else.
I doubt Mari's the type to cout calories and all the extreme sports she seems to be doing probably compensate for it. XD
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Adam
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Adam » Tue May 10, 2011 4:54 am

View Original PostOrnette wrote:"Fast food" in Japan isn't like McDonalds or whatever fatty, processed, high-in-cholesterol stuff you're thinking of. Plus, all the portions are smaller.

Have you ever been in Japan? No offense, but this sounds pretty much like what any random Japan worshipper would say ("They are so much more sophisticated than people in the West") without knowing the facts...

They have more international fast food stores in their bigger and smaller shopping dictricts than you can count, incl. stuff you don't even see in Europe.

I don't know about portion size in the US (if you're living in the US and using that as a stadard), but there's not much difference in size if compared to Europe, if there's any difference at all. I personally don't think the whole variety of burgers is ANY different in either size or calories. I personally don't know about Jumbo sizes in the US, but then, no one is forced to go for the "big one" if one has the choice.

Also "traditional Japanese fast food" (Tempura, and all the fried stuff you find literally all over the place) is high in trans fatty acids, which in most cases can be blamed on the frying-process, and/or a relatively high share of animal fat which naturally sticks to almost any form of fast food-meat that is available. Both of which proving to increase health risks such as coronary heart disease and the likes.

Is is kinda commonly known that young people in Japan find it "hip" to hang out at McDonalds ("Makku"), incl. many girls with surpsisingly low percentages of body fat. And the fact that they are still perfectly slim (or overly slim) can be due to 2 factors:
1) Their generally fast metabolism burns all calories they eat and doesn't allow for any significant increase in body mass. This is also obvious when looking at Japanese male at the gym: most of them don't get even close as big as the guys in the West.
2) Despite eating "trash" they keep their total calories each day below their actual need in calories. If there's no excess energy which can be stored as fat, then there's no increase in body mass possible.

melichan
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby melichan » Tue May 10, 2011 11:32 am

View Original PostShogo-Kun wrote:Okay, so HOW THE FLYING F**K DOES MARI KEEP HER FIGURE IF SHE'S DOWNING FAST-FOOD?! Does everyone in the EVA universe have like an ungodly high metabolism?! Explain, Anno! EXPLAIN!!!.

1) She's an anime character. I'm pretty sure they don't actually have digestive systems or eat real food.

2) Presuming she's a real person, she's clearly shown only holding the bag, not eating the food.

3) Presuming she's a real person, and actually ate the food, maybe it's the only thing she ate all week?

(edited cuz I accidentally quoted the wrong thing. I'm such a noob. *facepalm*)

Moving on, any sign of Newtype scans yet?

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Tue May 10, 2011 11:45 am

View Original PostAdam wrote:Have you ever been in Japan? No offense, but this sounds pretty much like what any random Japan worshipper would say ("They are so much more sophisticated than people in the West") without knowing the facts...

Yes, I've been there to see the premieres of both Rebuild movies, was there for about a month. I've been to a McDonalds there, as well as a Lotteria and a Mos Burger. The sandwiches there are different than what you'd expect in the states, just like when I was in Shanghai, their KFC served chicken feet and everything was fried in a tangy sauce. You don't get napkins and the burgers come in little sleeves and has lots of what I would assume to be a mayonaise based sauce on it. The largest burger that I got was about the size of a Wendy's "Single", if even that. Maybe there were larger ones, I only ordered via pictures. Of course the meat is processed, but it's completely different than burgers in the states.

Also: melichan

I think you misquoted me.

melichan
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby melichan » Tue May 10, 2011 11:46 am

Yep, clicked quote on the wrong post, sorry about that. ^_^;;; I got it fixed.

tomfrom994
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby tomfrom994 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:52 pm

I made this myself (using stills from 2.0). I wasn't sure where to put it, but I figured maybe someone would like it.

fadadio
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby fadadio » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:43 pm

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:Yes, I am small. The doctors still can't quite place me, and my current one just gave up and said, "Fuck it. You're just thin."

My brother works out and stuff. It does give him more strength, but after years of pumping lead he's never actually gained any visible muscle mass. I'm not sure why.
it's because hes not eating enough, let me explain you can pump iron for years and not gain any muscle yet get much stronger. This is actually what happened to me for a long time. I would go to the gym lift lots of weight and would only gain a little muscle while getting a lot more stronger. if you want to gain muscle along with that strength you need to eat more than you burn during a day. for example lets say you need over 2000 calories a day to maintain your current weight, in order to gain muscle you would need to eat around 2200 calories a day after a workout. because in order to create more muscle your body needs the supplies to do so. with more the those calories being based around protein. I could go on and on about this but I think you get the basic idea
I want Rei...GIVE HER BACK

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:30 pm

From Groundwork 2.0: (TMBounty Hunter was the uploader, yay.)

Rei is (not) weak like Hyatt:

Sauce: http://www.animepaper.net/art/206020/groundwork-20

And some Testsuit Asuka Shikinami:

Sauce: http://www.animepaper.net/art/206017/groundwork-20

There's more on the website, but I'd rather not post them all. Browse for yourself. :tongue:
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:08 pm

Oh do post them all, and in full resolution too since apparently I forgot to. No reason at all for anyone to waste time on AP when you can get it elsewhere.

SPOILER: Show
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:15 pm

Photobucket tends to resize things, so yeah.

Thanks!
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Viking
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Viking » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:54 am

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:[..]

This picture reminds me A LOT my SEGA's "Seat Of The Soul".

Bye
俺は素人でもない。スペシャリストだ![ フルメタル

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Stryker » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:57 am

Takashi Honda and Hidenori Matsubara are amazing. Although, I have seen some fan artists that better replicate the "Sadamoto" style.
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

Someone
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Someone » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:09 am

View Original PostShogo-Kun wrote:Okay, so HOW THE FLYING F**K DOES MARI KEEP HER FIGURE IF SHE'S DOWNING FAST-FOOD?! Does everyone in the EVA universe have like an ungodly high metabolism?! Explain, Anno! EXPLAIN!!!

Some people can eat without getting fat.
DISCLAIMER: The above statement might or might not be serious.

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:28 pm

View Original PostSomeone wrote:Some people can eat without getting fat.
There's something called a limit.

Natsuka_Chie
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Natsuka_Chie » Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:36 pm

There is, but eating sometimes won't make any change, if she has high metabolism. For example, me: I used to eat fast food every week (specifically, Mc Donald's), but I never weighted more than 60kg, with my height being 1,70m. My average at that time was 56-57kg, now after I stopped eating it (stomach problems), my average is 55kg. Not too much of a diference.
Asuka's not a bitch, she just denies her innocence in a bitchy way.
Sites I'm in: Deviantart|XFire
Quotes:
"Yesterday, I had the most TERRIFYIN' experience! ...Last night, I was all alone in my room... when outta nowhere... CAME THE SMELL OF A FART THAT WASN'T MINE!"
"The things I possess are my life and soul. I'm a vessel for my heart"
"God isn't home. He's on vacation at Vegas."

"Don't forget. Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you. As long as you remember them, you're not alone."

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”