UPDATE 3: Vote UNIT-01 in the FINALS! WE CAN WIN THIS!!

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Aftershok
Embryo

UPDATE 3: Vote UNIT-01 in the FINALS! WE CAN WIN THIS!!

•      
  •      

Postby Aftershok » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:02 pm

FINALS UPDATE:
It's been quite the uphill battle for Unit-01 and Evangelion fans everywhere, but it's at last time for the final showdown. We've made it too far to lose this against the Zaku-II now. One last hurrah will win the whole thing for Yui-sama, the coveted title of Sai-Mecha Champion!

But it's not up to me or to you. It's up to all of us. This is a collective effort, and I'd like to thank you all for helping to carry the Test Type to the finals. I only ask for one final favor, friends: Vote! Every single vote counts. If you've taken the time to click through to here, please click below and vote for dat purple robot.

[url]http://saimecha.wordpress.com/2011/06/13/it-all-comes-down-to-this-the-final-round-of-the-super-dimensional-robot-tournament-sai-mecha-2011/[/url]

With all of us (and even the noble Xard) working together, we can win this for Evangelion!!

Hurry! Polls close after 11:59PM EST Thursday the 16th!

------------------------------------

UPDATE:
It's crunch time for everyone's favorite purple mecha. Our opponent this time around is the venerable YF-1 Valkyrie. Mutinies will be dealt with harshly. Don't turn your back on Yui, or else Gendou will have a quiet word with you in the back room.

Will the semifinals go as smoothly for Unit-01? YOU DECIDE.

Ready? FIGHT!

[url]http://saimecha.wordpress.com/2011/05/26/nevar-fourget-how-this-awful-pun-is-inversely-proportional-to-how-awesome-the-sai-mecha-semifinals-is/[/url]

UPDATE:
All right, guys, it's round two of the Sai-Mecha Tourney. This time Unit01 is going up against Gunbuster and Unit02 has the VF-10 Valkyrie to contend with.

I think these are pretty tough matchups, but I think the Evas can pull it off. Unit02 in particular is gonna have a hard time considering all the Macrossfags over there.

You know what to do:
[url]http://saimecha.wordpress.com/2011/05/05/sai-mecha-round-2-everybody-hurts/[/url]

Thanks.

Been a long-time lurker on these boards, but thought this was important enough to post to get the word out.

There's an internet-wide mecha popularity contest called the "Sai-Mecha Tournament" where folks vote for their favorite robots in a series of predetermined matchups to end up with a "champion". I just wanted to give the nudge toward this great community to vote for the mechs we all know and love. Unit-01 in particular may need a leg up against the VF-25 from Macross!

Please vote! I love Eva too much to let it lose to some wussy Macross junk. Link: [url]http://saimecha.wordpress.com/2011/04/13/sai-mecha-round-1-earth-side/[/url]

Thanks!

Edit: Fixed Macross mech name thanks to Xard.[url][/url]
Last edited by Aftershok on Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:23 pm, edited 5 times in total.

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:58 pm

What? No 00 or 04?!
*sulky sulky sulk sulk*

Even though Evangelion is the only humungous mecha series I've ever seen - though I do plan to see TTGL and Gunbuster - I went ahead and voted for EVA-01, EVA-02, and Gunbuster, simply because they're Gainax. Yay, Gainax.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

Xard
Banned

Re: Vote Evangelion in the Sai-Mecha Tourney!

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:32 pm

View Original PostAftershok wrote:Unit-01 in particular may need a leg up against the VF-28 from Macross!

Please vote! I love Eva too much to let it lose to some wussy Macross junk. Link: [url]http://saimecha.wordpress.com/2011/04/13/sai-mecha-round-1-earth-side/[/url]

That would be VF-25 Messiah, actually

and I know where to cast my vote. Eva has no GERWALK mode :devil:

(though this is so not cool, since valkyries and evas are my favourites...tough choice but in the end VFs are frickin' transforming fighter jets and jets are cooler than giant robots to begin with. When they're fighter jets, giant robots AND have GERWALK mode...well, choice is clear in the end)

I am voting for Eva-02 and Gunbuster though...

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

•      
  •      

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:24 pm

What?

No YF-19?

Pffffffffft.

Unit 01 all the way.

Aftershok
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Aftershok » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:11 pm

@TehDonutKing
Keep in mind that this is only half the bracket. There's a chance 00 and 04 will appear in the other side of the tournament. There was a nomination process a few weeks ago where you could email in your favorite 15 mechs for stat compilations for seeding and stuff, but it's obviously too late for that :P

@Xard
Thanks for the correction, no thanks for the Unit-01 betrayal.

@InstrumentalityOne
Like I mentioned to Donut, only half the bracket. Great success on the Unit-01 vote.
blog.animeinstrumentality.net

braveheart
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby braveheart » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:36 am

Voting...

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:19 pm

You know, you can vote again by refreshing the page. I wonder how many ballot stuffing programs have been written for this site.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

Aftershok
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Aftershok » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:22 pm

I don't know if you're using a constantly-randomizing proxy, but, actually, you can't. It says "Thank you, we have already counted your vote" if you try to vote a second time.

Highly doubt the voting mechanism lets you do that, but who am I to say? :P

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:13 pm

It lets me vote over and over again, from the same IP. Of course, I never accepted the cookie from the site.

Trajan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Trajan » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:08 pm

I voted for Unit 01 but not Unit 02, because the NZ-666 looks damned awesome (wherever its from).
Movin' Right Along
"Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." - Confucius
"All styles are good except the tiresome kind." - Voltaire

Combs
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Combs » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:38 pm

View Original PostXard wrote: Tough choice but in the end VFs are frickin' transforming fighter jets and jets are cooler than giant robots to begin with.

But, you can have both.

SPOILER: Show
[URL=http://img31.imageshack.us/i/screenshot20110417at932.png/]Image[/URL]
Proud founder, and sole member of A.I.D.S
"Can you bond with someone, over a television show? ...neuuugh?" -Craig Ferguson
"her BREASTS are like THE MAJOR'S from GHOAST In the MACHINE, She is like a person with CYBORG RADIATOR BREATSTS that do not WORK unless EXPOSED or in TIGHT CLOTHING or else the EXPELLED HEAT managed to SET THINGS ON FIRE" -chee, on misogyny

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:15 am

That isn't fighter jet.

That transportation method still looks like SHIT - only harpies do that decently

VFs gonna VF

Rodeo
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Rodeo » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:25 pm

I also think gerwalk looks hilarious.

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:13 pm

View Original PostAftershok wrote:I love Eva too much to let it lose to some wussy Macross junk.

LOL! Win.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Aftershok
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Aftershok » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:57 pm

...aaand the results are in!

[url]http://saimecha.wordpress.com/2011/04/19/round-1-earth-side-results/#more-112[/url]

Good show, all! Looks like we managed to carry through both the Evas this round.

Just a note: Don't vote multiple times! Rallying your fellow Evangelion troops is one thing, but voting more than once is just plain cheating no matter how you look at it.

Here's one for Yui and Kyoko.

toe mash
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby toe mash » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:04 am

:w00:

Even though Xard nearly foiled our plans... you bastard :fistshake:

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Stryker » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:41 am

The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

•      
  •      

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:10 am

Everyone I voted for won.

This is huh... wow.

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:59 pm

View Original Posttoe mash wrote:Even though Xard nearly foiled our plans... you bastard :fistshake:

if I had wanted to do that I would've dropped a link to Macross hangouts (if I went really nasty I would've dropped one to some gigantic latino forum :P)... which I didn't do. All I did is vote against the grain.

Now it does kinda piss me off that the sexiest and sleekiest Valkyrie of them all lost but I expected it because Eva-01 is such icon and going by quite a few comments many people voted it because they could still vote for the original Valkyrie and thus avoid choice between Eva and VF...

This is just now very difficult to me because on one hand Eva-01 and 02 are my favourites still running (with YF-19), but on the other hand I have serious bone to pick with them for dropping my favourite Valkyrie...I'll probably vote against Eva-01 in next round out of grudge :P

second round featured YF-19 from Macross Plus and with any luck it got through with ease. I guess I'm placing my bets on that one from now...and original VF of course :P

Apart from my fellow eva fans being, uhh, eva fans I was happy with end result. Especially happy I was with Giant Robo making it through, didn't expect that at all

Results for Colonies Round are out!

HELL YES YF-19 CRUSHED MAZINGER Z :D

oh yeah, and Bobby is officially the best bridge bunny. Hell yeah :rofl:

Next round:
EARTH SIDE

EVA UNIT 01 vs Gunbuster

Tachikoma vs Giant Robo

VF-1 Valkyrie vs EVA UNIT 02

Gao Gai Gar vs Sinanju

COLONIES SIDE

Big O vs Zaku II

Zeta Gundam vs Escaflowne

YF-19 Excalibur vs Scopedog

Gurren Lagann vs Arbalest

Now we're talking! :emogendo:

Aftershok
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Aftershok » Thu May 05, 2011 8:06 pm

So the round two voting is live! Go vote for Evangelion (or not)!

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”