Puella Magi Madoka Magika

Non-Eva Anime and Manga discussion

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:46 pm

View Original Postcyharding wrote:I haven't seen the series, but I thought it best to bring to your attention some Japanese fans are trying to set up bus tours to Tokyo so they could see the final episodes. http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2011-04-12/madoka-magica-fans-plan-bus-tour-to-catch-finale

Is it that important?

I read that in 2chan too but did not realize it was reported in the west too!

The report in the link was brief. Actually the discussions in 2chan also covered how to take the day off from work and school the next day as the broadcast will go until 4am and then time would be needed afterwards to vent out feelings and discuss it in forums and blogs so it WILL BE an all-nighter. For those in Nagoya the issue is particularly urgent because keeping spoilers out for THREE DAYS is almost impossible (unless you cut off every link to anime and perhaps internet and social life too) and so to avoid spoiler it may be better to watch it in areas where broadcast is quicker. And the closest big city from Nagoya is Tokyo - distance-wise I think it is about Boston - New York so it is not that far, and the public transport is very convenient too, shinkansen and bus service is abundant. I guess the initiative of the bus trip is to gain extra flexibility (and comrades) by chartering a bus with like-minded fans. Anyway, I am glad that this time MBS/TBS is going to broadcast the last 2 episodes at around the same time in Osaka and Tokyo (Osaka is earlier by 20 min) instead of one day earlier in Osaka as in ep.1-10 because Tokyo fans are fed up with spoilers coming from Osaka.....

BTW, thanks to CorporalChaos for typesetting the doujin manga. It is really an adorable one for HomuxMado yuri...

EDIT: I finally decided to buy the latest issue of Otome Anime to read about the PMMM feature. Actually the 80 pages of feature include a general overview of Mahou Shoujo genre (interestingly they put Strike Witches as mahou shoujo too!) so PMMM material made up of just 34 pages. Not bad though because it has interviews with Inu-Curry, Miyamoto (series director), Butch Gen and Kajiura (music), as well as comments on each episode and character design.
I never thought I would come back to Evangelion after EoE,
But I discovered Re-Take (or it found me?) and
now here I am.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asuka FAN FOREVER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:37 am

QB cushions?
http://blog.livedoor.jp/geek/archives/51248284.html

I'd like to see this as well:
http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/893 ... sh-highres

Either way... GLORIOUS PUNCHABLE STRESS RELIEVERS!

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:01 am

View Original PostXard wrote:But they're not as creepy awesome as these guys :psyduck: :psyduck: :psyduck:

what would I do without Nico Nico and Japan...

wat

CorporalChaos
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby CorporalChaos » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:43 am

Madoka meets Team Fortress 2?

I'd play it.
Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation is generally the correct one.
Essel's Corollary: The simplest explanation is never the fanon one.

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:53 pm

M - Ho..Homura-chan..?
H - Why don't you listen to what I told you time and time again?
Let's do it again from beginning....
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:55 pm

Madoka has bought it; she's now Bruce "Ash" Campbell.
http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/895 ... jo_madoka_
Last edited by soul.assassin on Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:36 am

View Original Postsoul.assassin wrote:Madoka has bought it; she's now Bruce Campbell.
http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/895 ... jo_madoka_

Obviously inspired by Haruna in Koreha Zombie Desuka:
Well done!

OMAKE -- PMMM only doujin event in May
http://www.puniket.com/qb/

Interesting to note is that the dojin event is restricted to three themes only:
- MamiMagi - doujin that only deals with Mami
- HomuHomu - doujin that only deals with Homura
- Boku to no Keiyaku (contract that was done with me) - doujin that only deals with QB

SPOILER: Show
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:00 am

Oh god that alternate ending you posted was hilarious, symbv. :clap:
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:21 am

View Original Postchild of Lilith wrote:Oh god that alternate ending you posted was hilarious, symbv. :clap:

yes :rofl:

it's made of win and awesome

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:25 am

Stumbled on a new phrase used to describe a male PMMM fan: Madokabro

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:15 am

^ Thanks, child of Lilith and Xard. This is really funny ED! I forgot to upload it last week but when I found it in my drive I just had to post it :)

Remember the adorably sappy official art I posted here on Homura and Madoka? Someone in 2chan changed it to Sayaka and Madoka, and it is surprisingly well done!! Check it out:

I cannot tell it is a doctored pic.....

OMAKE

now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Electric Sachiel » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:33 am

View Original Postsymbv wrote:Remember the adorably sappy official art I posted here on Homura and Madoka? Someone in 2chan changed it to Sayaka and Madoka, and it is surprisingly well done!! Check it out:

ImageImage

I cannot tell it is a doctored pic...

Honestly when comparing the two......its seemless. I inserted the orignal poster and pic in the spoiler above. Click and it and you'll see just how close it was to the original art. So seamless. Man the people that have time to do all this.....

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:53 am

The locale used in PMMM is all over the world. After the Cologne shopping mall in ep.1, we have Dubai shopping mall identified:

OMAKE - some more Hitomi mahou shoujo designs

ImageImage
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

cramergamer
Adam

Postby cramergamer » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:14 pm

so you know that tree they added to episode 10 and was in the prologue?

I bet Walpurigus hatches from it.

You will see what I mean if I am right.
Representative from /a/ with a mission.

Killer Bee
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Hitomi could reap my harvest any day, if you catch my drift.

Postby Killer Bee » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:39 pm

View Original Postcramergamer wrote:so you know that tree they added to episode 10 and was in the prologue?

I bet Walpurigus hatches from it.

You will see what I mean if I am right.

Yeah, I noticed that too. It reminds me a bit of Howl's Moving Castle. I'm sure it'll have something to do with Walpurgis; it looks too sinister to be a simple prop piece.

View Original Postsymbv wrote:

ImageImage

Looks like Hitomi's got a little Dead Master thing going on there.

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:12 pm

To stop Sayaka from becoming a witch

(cellphone ringing)
S - Oh? That ringtone...

S - Hello, Kyousuke, what's up?
K - Well...yeah...
K - Since Sayaka is not around, I feel a bit lonely... I want to hear you voice...
S - Eh? What? You mean...?
K - It may be a bit of a sudden, but I have things I want to tell you

H - And just say "I LOVE YOU" now.

What does MS stand for? Mahou Shoujo? Mobile Suit?

now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

Killer Bee
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

If my calculations are correct... *adjusts glasses*

Postby Killer Bee » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:36 am

View Original Postsymbv wrote:What does MS stand for? Mahou Shoujo? Mobile Suit?

MS stands for Mobile Suit.

I don't think they use MS as shorthand for Mahou Shoujo in Japan, do they? I know it's used sometimes in the west and so at first glance I thought it might be a pun, but I think that may be unintentional.

User-iel
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby User-iel » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:59 am

@Killer Bee I think you should consider this Hitomi Magica version to be influenced by the design for Maka from Soul Eater, before anything else. In her own plot, however, it is safe to say her personality is such that Kyubey isn't interested. Which is too bad, for speculative viewers.

@symbv ! - That's an awesome 4koma. If there is a 'next loop' in the immediate future, this would even be worth seeing.
This May PMMM doujin event is becoming quite peculiar. Have we really reached the point where there is a schism in the shipping community? Or does the person in authority wish to select only a certain demographic amongst the fan/customers? If the online art galleries are a valid cross-section, the largest topics have been excluded! Is this commented on 2chan?

In older news, if the tour group from Nagoya is going to a public venue hosted party, would you be tempted to make arrangements to go there? Not many 'ending episode' parties around here, but I'm not sure about there. My guess is this rare enough to notice.

@cyharding - Not to presume knowledge of your tastes, but if you do choose to watch PMMM, you will note that it has simplicity but not childishness. It is likely to give you exactly the sort of experience we have been talking about, even with no context of Mahou Shoujo anime. Tour Bus - is it that important? I dunno; the next episode is Definitely Not a trip to the hot springs, or the beach.

@soul.assassin QB Cushions are a sight to behold!

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:29 am

View Original PostKiller Bee wrote:MS stands for Mobile Suit.

I don't think they use MS as shorthand for Mahou Shoujo in Japan, do they? I know it's used sometimes in the west and so at first glance I thought it might be a pun, but I think that may be unintentional.

Actually my question is an introduction to the pic underneath it :)

And yeah MS is more likely to be Mobile Suit if it appeared in a Japanese discussion of anime....

View Original PostUser-iel wrote:This May PMMM doujin event is becoming quite peculiar. Have we really reached the point where there is a schism in the shipping community? Or does the person in authority wish to select only a certain demographic amongst the fan/customers? If the online art galleries are a valid cross-section, the largest topics have been excluded! Is this commented on 2chan?

Actually it is not that uncommon to have doujin event organised on a narrow theme, which in this case not only the anime title is fixed but also the character is also fixed. In fujoshi's doujin, because the seme/uke (who is taking the initiative in the boys' love pairing) conflict could get intense, the seme/uke relationship sometimes also got fixed too.

Because the scale of such adhoc doujin is so small, restricting the theme helps to set the expectation and produce a level of consistency. For example, people who are into Homura would see a reason to go because all the booths in the Homura section will have Homura doujin. If everything is allowed, the limited number of booths may mean only a few will have Homura doujin and Homura fans may not want to take the trouble to go then.

OMAKE 1 - a sweet PMMM doujin (main focus on Mami)

Ganbare, Tomoe Mami!
Mami - friends~~~~~
H - Madoka Madoka hoooo~~~
M - Oh enough, we've been like this all day...
Mami - friends~~~~
S - Hey, you love me? Love me? ~~~~
K - Oh you are getting on my nerve~~~
(Mami crying)
(tap on Mami's shoulder)
(Mami turned around)
M - Mami-san you look alone by yourself. I feel bad for you...
M/H/S/K - We were just joking. Mami-san is never alone.

OMAKE 2 - An example of how sophisticated AA (Japanese text art) can be. It is Kyouko.

now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:02 am

I lol'd on this one, watching the fight boil down to two girls: Homura going up against Victorique. :lol:
http://www.japanator.com/japanator-saim ... .phtml#ext

*writes reminder: Watch Gosick to appreciate more of Yuuki Aoi*

Return to “Anime and Manga”