New Pilots (3.0 speculation )

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby bladerj » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:38 pm

IF there is any new pilots at all, you all know its going to be hikari just so they have another moeblob lolita to pimp money out of, then the harem will be complet, the shy silent type, the hot tempered redhead, the glasses girl and the freckle girl
ANATA BAKA !?

wonderluster
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby wonderluster » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:12 am

Connect this to an Eva.
On the path to Universal Understanding.

beaverteeth92
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby beaverteeth92 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:24 am

View Original PostEvangelion 01 wrote:But hasn't it been stated that only kids can synch with Eva?

Not sure about Rebuild (I'd need to rewatch), but either way, it's a different continuity.

AuraTwilight
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby AuraTwilight » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:45 pm

And even then, it's only because kids have a stronger maternal bond. A creepy basement dweller guy might work.

I want someone to draw fanart of Principal Skinner in an EVA.
J_Faulkner, be warned that some of your statements could be construed as ad hominem attacks. -- Priceless, eternal irony

Anno has perfected the side boob --Gendo'sPapa

LilithInTheBasement
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby LilithInTheBasement » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:59 am

I dont expect to see any new characters taking on a piloting role in Q. The only sensible option for Eva-08's pilot, IMO, is Misato.

She was closely intertwined with Seele's plans all along, and where the hell is her mother anyway? She's also remained out of the action thus far in Rebuild, unable to perform any out-of-character acts of heroism like in episode 7.

I would expect her becoming a pilot to further deepen her relationship with Shinji, and give the audience what they really want as opposed to some watered down nonsense with Asuka or Rei. If the fourth film is anything like EoE, i dont think its out of the question.

Besides, Kaji already alluded to it in Break. :w00:

SaltyJoe
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby SaltyJoe » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:16 pm

View Original PostLilithInTheBasement wrote:unable to perform any out-of-character acts of heroism like in episode 7.

Episode 07 was unusual in that the mecha conflict was resolved by something other than direct combat, but it was totally IC for Misato. She's the closest thing to a hero in the whole crummy franchise.

Besides, it's not like they can't give her an action scene without having to resort to something as, erm, "eccentric" as making her a pilot out of nowhere.
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it is too dark to read."

AuraTwilight
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby AuraTwilight » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:44 pm

I dont expect to see any new characters taking on a piloting role in Q. The only sensible option for Eva-08's pilot, IMO, is Misato.

Problem: She's not a teenager with mommy issues and she's too necessary for her job as Commander.
J_Faulkner, be warned that some of your statements could be construed as ad hominem attacks. -- Priceless, eternal irony

Anno has perfected the side boob --Gendo'sPapa

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:46 pm

View Original PostLilithInTheBasement wrote:I dont expect to see any new characters taking on a piloting role in Q. The only sensible option for Eva-08's pilot, IMO, is Misato.

Are you implying that Eva-08 is pregnant with Misato?
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Azathoth » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:50 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:Are you implying that Eva-08 is pregnant with Misato?

Technically speaking, the PV doesn't say that Unit 08 is quickening WITH its pilot. although i'm not sure what else it could be, i'm sure Anno could come up with an appropriate tweest. like the egg of the new world or something stupid
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

LilithInTheBasement
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby LilithInTheBasement » Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:54 pm

View Original PostAuraTwilight wrote:Problem: She's not a teenager with mommy issues and she's too necessary for her job as Commander.

I think there's a precedent in Japanese SF for the commander to join into the fray discretely as the bestest warrior/pilot ever. It seems to come up in Super Sentai anyway.

And Im not buying any fan speculation about Q just yet. As far as I'm concerned, anything can happen. And I'm just hoping it's Misato in a test plug suit.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:00 pm

View Original PostAzathoth wrote:Technically speaking, the PV doesn't say that Unit 08 is quickening WITH its pilot.

The Japanese might actually be construed to mean precisely that, though I would have to do some checking... which I don't feel like doing now.

View Original PostLilithInTheBasement wrote:And Im not buying any fan speculation about Q just yet. As far as I'm concerned, anything can happen.

Yeah, pretty much, though doesn't your seeming preference/advocacy for Misato-as-pilot kind of imply that you're "buying" your own fan speculation? :p
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:22 pm

I'd bet any new pilots are going to be Rei centric.

I.E. Rei III

I'd lol if the 3.0 version of THAT poster was Shinji sitting on the steps with like 30 naked Rei's just standing about.

Hiten777
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Hiten777 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:10 pm

My few cents:

Anyone thought maybe new pilots can be both new and constant. Definitely pulling for the MP EVAs with (wait for it) all being piloted by Kaworu clones. Not with their own souls mostly Dummy Plug brains and their life is connected to their Evas to sustain them. Dummy plug alone would be overrated, unless they put them under Kaworu's command and he can give them orders.

If everything goes according to most of the preview then Rei and Shinji should still be in Unit-01, so I think Unit 08's pilot should be Mari. Seele probably will force her into fighting an Angel to test out the Eva. Also, has anyone noticed that the Lilith/Rei connection a little off. I think there's going to be a battle within Rei later on to decide which existence she sees herself as, Rei Ayanami or Lilith.

Also, Unit 07 might be possible because of the whole "true evangelion" thing. So far we have 2 already ascended Evas, then counting Unit-08 who is implied to be in the same state. That makes a total of 3 ascended Evas, but if they're going for true eva wouldn't they need a fourth. Speculating but, maybe a connection to the "Four Adams," having 4 awakened powers similar to that of the 4 then fuse them to invoke the full power of Adam as a whole. Lilith may be the 4th power, not necessarily an Eva.

Eva 04
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Eva 04 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:48 am

View Original PostLilithInTheBasement wrote:I dont expect to see any new characters taking on a piloting role in Q. The only sensible option for Eva-08's pilot, IMO, is Misato.

She was closely intertwined with Seele's plans all along, and where the hell is her mother anyway? She's also remained out of the action thus far in Rebuild, unable to perform any out-of-character acts of heroism like in episode 7.

I would expect her becoming a pilot to further deepen her relationship with Shinji, and give the audience what they really want as opposed to some watered down nonsense with Asuka or Rei. If the fourth film is anything like EoE, i dont think its out of the question.

Besides, Kaji already alluded to it in Break. :w00:

It's your opinion but it isnt a sensible one.
1:She isnt a teenager.
2:If she was,she would need to have been born after second impact which she wasnt.

And if Kaji does allude to something,it sure as hell wont be Misato becoming a pilot . All your doing is wishing for something that will only happen in Fanfiction.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:57 am

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:I'd lol if the 3.0 version of THAT poster was Shinji sitting on the steps with like 30 naked Rei's just standing about.

Somebody needs to 'shop this. :lol:

And I agree, there simply isn't any time for "new" pilots. The closest we'd get is something like Rei 3 in another Eva and or the pilots we already know of in new Evas.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”