Asuka is hot!

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

Postby KnightmareX13 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:12 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:
'Oh my virgin eyes!'  SPOILER: Show

I take it this is for those who like Necrophilia
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:02 pm

Damn it, I'm gone for a week and this thread goes kablooey! Well, must comment:

@Light: Asuka is moe. This is a matter of fact, not opinion. To see why go here and be enlightened. Yes, Xard schools the fuck out of me there, but I don't mind linking to it because I finally made him get off his ass and do something useful. :lol:

Also, Asuka is not pure. That is, in fact, the point of the character, and the very thing that makes her hot. Anime redheads are a dime a dozen, but Asuka's issues -- those things that leave her sullied, beaten and broken, even as she's chanting "I'll kill you!" with her final breath -- give her a degree of substance her successors can't hope to match. When you whitewash those issues and reduce her to a wallpaper suitable for fapping you make her boring.

Asuka is real. She's the consequences of every stupid decision you ever made, and every time you whip that picture out (you know the one I'm talking about) she's looking at you going "yeah, thought so." Go ahead and put her on a pedestal, I dare you -- your love letter will join all the others in the dirt, ground beneath her heel. That's Asuka.

@Allemann: Dude, Asuka is the poster child for damaged. Psychological trauma? That's damage. Injuries? Damage. Pathological focus on her pride? Damage.

Does that make her damaged goods? Well, yeah. For a lot of people it does. That's why Light doesn't like acknowledging the seamy underbelly of her character -- it's so much easier to deal with a sanitized virtual waifu than an actual character with issues and shit. But one person's damaged goods is another person's reality check, and IMO if you keep working with her after all is said and done you wind up with a fierce, competent, thoroughly memorable character. Give me that over "pure" any day.

@Symbv: Asuka doesn't have a non-broken bird mode. Even before Kyoko's contact experiment her father was messing the family up something fierce, and after, well...

Then we get the descent arc and she goes from broken to puréed.

@Tines: Sometimes I wish you were more of a bulldog when people are spouting stupid shit in your general direction (he says, knowing full well said canine would bite him on the ass more often than not were it so). Yeah yeah, topic etc, but Asuka isn't hot for pretty pictures alone -- she's hot because of who she is and you know it.

(What's that? You actually have a life and have better things to do that correct stupid shit on teh interwebz? You actually paid attention to what Anno was saying, lo those many years ago?

Fine, be that way. Make the rest of us look bad. See if I care. :biii:

Edit: Also, your insistence that an Asuka/Toji pairing makes any lick of sense based on a cut scene of an AU where Shinji and Eva did not exist (and yet Asuka, who now looks fully Japanese, still winds up in Tokyo for some reason) continues to be charming as all hell. I mean, it couldn't be less relevant if it tried! :lol:

@SSD: I've always really liked those proposal pics of Asuka. Ironically, she looks more like a classic redhead in those than she does in the series, even though she has brown hair! :chinscratch:

@Trajan: True, not all redheads have freckles, but most are either freckled or pale IIRC. Asuka's neither. But then, as I've noted before she's not really a redhead, either; given the way her hair color changes throughout the series her hair's probably better described as auburn (which is paired with a much wider variety of skin tones).

(Yes, I know that not all redheads have really red hair, and that some have hair that looks brown or blonde more often than it looks red (as you can see in the wikipedia entry on the subject), but those sorts typically look more like Hikari or Proposal Asuka than what we actually got in the show.)

(And yes, I know none of you give a shit, but I just wanted to vent, so deal. :tongue: )

@Reichu: So where's that art? You know we're all waiting very patiently to see how you use the fury of Yui-sama to sodomize Light's fantasies of waifu Asuka.

(though it'd be extra special awesome if you used Asuka to do same!)

@Juaxoo: Dude. Seriously, that sort of shit really isn't needed around here. Clean it up or TIT4C.

What's that? Image tax? Fuck, I suck at this. Okay, let's give it a shot:

Someone took the pirate meme a little too far...
SPOILER: Show

I don't care if it's Shikinami, this pic is made of awesome:

The End Goal for Everyone who Really Likes Asuka:

Yes, Light, I know they're on Flickr. Shut up and deal.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:05 pm

One more for the thread.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

Trajan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Trajan » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:18 pm

@Begheera: Let's not start the hair color debate again...

And Asuka looks about nine in that last picture you posted, those pants don't look like they fit very well. The pirate one made me lol though.
Last edited by Trajan on Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Movin' Right Along
"Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." - Confucius
"All styles are good except the tiresome kind." - Voltaire

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:21 pm

View Original PostTrajan wrote:@Light: Let's not start the hair color debate again...

And Asuka looks about nine in that last picture you posted, those pants don't look like they fit very well. The pirate one made me lol though.

I'm not Light. I was ragging on him for half my post!

And those pants are business casual, IMO. To me that pic's Asuka as a business professional of some sort, though what she'd be doing is beyond me. Pretty much anything she wants I suppose.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion

Trajan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Trajan » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:29 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:I'm not Light. I was ragging on him for half my post!

:sorry:

And those pants are business casual, IMO. To me that pic's Asuka as a business professional of some sort, though what she'd be doing is beyond me. Pretty much anything she wants I suppose.

I know what business casual pants are, it still doesn't change that the fact that they make Asuka like even younger than she already is. It's like she's raided Kaji's or Shinji's wardrobe and is wearing their pants for the sheer hell of it.

EDIT: That not there's anything wrong with that.
Movin' Right Along

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:34 pm

View Original PostTrajan wrote::sorry:

Hooray for edits!

And no problem.

I know what business casual pants are, it still doesn't change that the fact that they make Asuka like even younger than she already is. It's like she's raided Kaji's or Shinji's wardrobe and is wearing their pants for the sheer hell of it.

EDIT: That not there's anything wrong with that.

Dunno 'bout that; they're a little loose for business attire, but the length is right. They'd be a lot bigger if they were Kaji's (and I don't think Shinji even has a pair of pants like that). It is a rather loose-fitting ensemble overall. But, you gotta take what you can get!

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:38 pm

View Original PostTrajan wrote:And Asuka looks about nine in that last picture you posted, those pants don't look like they fit very well. The pirate one made me lol though.

I don't think it's so much that her pants look too big than her head looks too big.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:41 pm

View Original PostOrnette wrote:I don't think it's so much that her pants look too big than her head looks too big.

Crap. Good point. Ah well, the intent is good at any rate.

Trajan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Trajan » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:43 pm

^
This.

It looks even worse when juxtaposed with the four pictures to the right which shows a more normal proportion which produces a sort of quasi age gap.

NOW BACK ON TOPIC!
Movin' Right Along

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:48 pm

View Original PostTrajan wrote:It looks even worse when juxtaposed with the four pictures to the right which shows a more normal proportion which produces a sort of quasi age gap.

Left.

And a couple of those are big-headed, too.

NOW BACK ON TOPIC!

We are on topic! We're discussing hot Asuka pics!

If you really want to you can talk about her rocking out or something. Still have no idea what's going on with that one.

juaxoo
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby juaxoo » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:01 am

View Original PostBagheera wrote:If you really want to you can talk about her rocking out or something. Still have no idea what's going on with that one.

I'll tell you what's going on, it's the world's best live concert held at Tokyo-3 in the year 2015, singing you are the only one and other songs from Lila From Ys. DUH

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:02 am

Finally I dug out the UCC cans of coffee and realized that I bought them back in 1998 !!!

The set has five of them but being what I am I only bought the ones with female characters (the other two were Shinji and Kaworu)

Pics here:

I never thought I would come back to Evangelion after EoE,
But I discovered Re-Take (or it found me?) and
now here I am.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asuka FAN FOREVER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

juaxoo
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby juaxoo » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:04 am

that's.. the Coffees of doom (Mixed Diary Beverage! Contains 100% Coffee)

rhfxz1s
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby rhfxz1s » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:22 am

Asuka sures loves her UCC coffee.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:53 am

View Original Postrhfxz1s wrote:Asuka sures loves her UCC coffee.

Ugh. Watching her shill like that is worse than watching her get molested by the likes of Light. Kimochi warui indeed.

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:17 am

View Original Postrhfxz1s wrote:Asuka sures loves her UCC coffee.

That's really nice illustration of Asuka !!!
So UCC is still the sponsor of Eva in Rebuild... Interesting...
It would not be surprising if there were also Eva-themed UCC canned coffee for Rebuild, but since I was not paying attention at that time I did not know if such thing existed...
I never thought I would come back to Evangelion after EoE,
But I discovered Re-Take (or it found me?) and
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

Postby esselfortium » Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:34 am

View Original Postsymbv wrote:Finally I dug out the UCC cans of coffee and realized that I bought them back in 1998 !!!

The set has five of them but being what I am I only bought the ones with female characters (the other two were Shinji and Kaworu)

[url]http://i.imgur.com/eKH2P.jpg[/url]

I like how Misato seems to have mistaken her coffee can for a walkie-talkie, and Rei is staring intently at hers as though trying to destroy it with her mind.

I will beat you, UCC Original Coffee. You will never forget the day that you crossed Rei Ayanami.

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:16 am

View Original Postsymbv wrote:That's really nice illustration of Asuka !!!
So UCC is still the sponsor of Eva in Rebuild... Interesting...
It would not be surprising if there were also Eva-themed UCC canned coffee for Rebuild, but since I was not paying attention at that time I did not know if such thing existed...

They did have canned coffee bundled with a Kotobukiya figure for Rebuild.

ImageImage

Shikinami cans aren´t bad at all, huh.

evafanatic
Adam

Postby evafanatic » Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:38 am

I'm slowly starting to crave for coffee with all this product placement.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”