Maya Is Really Bad At Her Job

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby symbv » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:56 am

View Original PostXard wrote:Unfortunately Shinji in beginning of EoE is closer to typical eva fan than Maya...

Watching Asuka on bed and then ....? That would do too... but that is not conscience though :wink:
I never thought I would come back to Evangelion after EoE,
But I discovered Re-Take (or it found me?) and
now here I am.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asuka FAN FOREVER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

•      
  •      

Postby Oz » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:26 am

Only God knows. Maybe Maya did the same thing off-screen, but it was never stated explicitly.
SPOILER: Show
[URL=http://img196.imageshack.us/i/annofanwanksomething.png/]Image[/URL]
"I'd really like to have as much money as you have, Oz" - robersora
"No you wouldn't. Oz's secret is he goes without food to buy that stuff. He hasn't eaten in years." - Brikhaus

"Often I get the feeling that deep down, your little girl is struggling with your embrace of filmfaggotry and your loldeep fixations, and the conflict that arises from such a contradiction is embodied pretty well in Kureha's character. But obviously it's not any sort of internal conflict that makes the analogy work. It's the pigtails." - Merridian
"Oh, Oz, I fear I'm losing my filmfag to the depths of Japanese pop. If only there were more films with Japanese girls in glow-in-the-dark costumes you'd be the David Bordwell of that genre." - Jimbo
"Oz, I think we need to stage an intervention and force you to watch some movies that aren't made in Japan." - Trajan

Warren Peace
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Warren Peace » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:29 am

Why do we have to be either of them? How about Hyuga? A relatively harmless nerd whose clumsy attempts at flirting with the hot chick get shot down over and over again. For God's sake, when I masturbate over someone, I at least make sure they're awake!

Which is why Maya is really bad at her job.

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby symbv » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:40 am

View Original PostOz wrote:Only God knows. Maybe Maya did the same thing off-screen, but it was never stated explicitly.

Maybe yes maybe no, at least it was not shown.
But regardless of either, it has little to do with what I said about Maya being conscience of the watchers.
I never thought I would come back to Evangelion after EoE,
But I discovered Re-Take (or it found me?) and
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

•      
  •      

Postby Oz » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:50 am

My post was sarcastic. That Anno image is often used as the symbol of "fan speculation gone awfully wrong and insane". :lol:
"I'd really like to have as much money as you have, Oz" - robersora
"No you wouldn't. Oz's secret is he goes without food to buy that stuff. He hasn't eaten in years." - Brikhaus

"Often I get the feeling that deep down, your little girl is struggling with your embrace of filmfaggotry and your loldeep fixations, and the conflict that arises from such a contradiction is embodied pretty well in Kureha's character. But obviously it's not any sort of internal conflict that makes the analogy work. It's the pigtails." - Merridian
"Oh, Oz, I fear I'm losing my filmfag to the depths of Japanese pop. If only there were more films with Japanese girls in glow-in-the-dark costumes you'd be the David Bordwell of that genre." - Jimbo
"Oz, I think we need to stage an intervention and force you to watch some movies that aren't made in Japan." - Trajan

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:00 am

Let's put this in perspective, people. This is a world-at-stake, unlimited budget project with 15 years start-up time... If Maya wasn't better at her job than just about everyone else they could have found she wouldn't have her job in the first place.

Oh, and one other thing... she does still comply despite her questioning of orders, and it apparently doesn't bother her enough to drive her to quit even after seeing the aftermath of that decision. It may not be military discipline but she's still a functioning cog in the great machine.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Warren Peace
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Warren Peace » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:16 am

Maya is the more masculine version of Shinji. She didn't quit... because no one told her to!

gatotsu911
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby gatotsu911 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:25 pm

View Original PostWarren Peace wrote:You obviously haven't read EOE's script. Anno wrote that little tidbit into the margins. In fact, "Nice going, Maya!" is a direct quote from that.

If I told you I loved you, would I lose my Hetero-Cred?
"I am shocked, SHOCKED, that a regular on an Evangelion forum would be a self-hating mess." - Tarnsman, paraphrased

"Jesus Christ, why are we even still talking about this shit?" - The Eva Monkey, summing up Evageeks in a sentence

Avatar: The Frozen Flame ~ Where Angels Lose Their Way

Warren Peace
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Warren Peace » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:15 pm

I'm going to have to ask you to wait until you can legally drink. Man, woman or ?, I've never had any success without that equalizer.

Which is why Maya is really bad at her job.

Fireand'chutes77
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Fireand'chutes77 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:34 pm

View Original PostWarren Peace wrote:Which is why Maya is really bad at her job.

I think we've started something awesome. :)

Looking over the three most recent thread titles all stacked on top of one another, I have to admit there's an odd, though oddly workable, rhythm/meter going on...

"Asuka is hot! / Rei is cold! / Maya is really bad at her job."
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. JSDF attack ships on fire during Operation Yashima. I watched particle beams glitter in the dark near the Geofront. All these moments will be lost in time. Like LCL in rain. Time to die." ~ ANT Pogo
Asuka: founder of

Merridian
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Merridian » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:49 pm

Oh wait, this should have occurred to me sooner: Maya's the moeblob on NERV's payroll. Give her a clipboard and she's more moè than most of the characters from the last ten years combined. If she's really so terrible at her job, it's because she's a clumsy do-nothing that spouts "but, but, but!" every once in awhile just so other people can say "oh god that's so adorable" but then continue to ignore her for the important parts of the plot.

Jessemon
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Jessemon » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:28 pm

I got it! Maya HAS to be the one who questions everything, because otherwise she would would have had time to practice her coding, and episode 13 would have been significantly less dramatic.
"Your truth can be changed simply by the way you accept it. That's how fragile the truth for a human is." Hideaki Anno

gatotsu911
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby gatotsu911 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:30 pm

View Original PostMerridian wrote:Give her a clipboard and she's more moè than most of the characters from the last ten years combined.

Why on Earth hasn't this been memed yet?

Character + Blush + Clipboard = Instant Moe
"I am shocked, SHOCKED, that a regular on an Evangelion forum would be a self-hating mess." - Tarnsman, paraphrased

"Jesus Christ, why are we even still talking about this shit?" - The Eva Monkey, summing up Evageeks in a sentence

Avatar: The Frozen Flame ~ Where Angels Lose Their Way

GAP
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby GAP » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:45 pm

Maybe she wasn't cute enough?
Fall into GAP! Guernsey Adams Pierre

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:56 pm

View Original PostGAP wrote:Maybe she wasn't cute enough?

:fume: HERESY!!! :fume:

GasmaskAvenger
Re-Gyption Strut
Re-Gyption Strut

•      
  •      

Postby GasmaskAvenger » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:51 am

so you guys are suggesting that...Maya is an antagonist?

wow, you guys are about a year or so behind me, because I conceived that idea first (though my idea is very, very different altogether and is kinda a joke to begin with ;) )
Satsuki Kiryuin wants you to turn that frown upside down...
My AU Evangelion Fanfic | My Street Fighter fanfic
XBOX Live: GasmaskAvenger | PSN: GasmaskAvenger
Official "Grindhouse of Evangelion" Discussion, Updates and Cast Sign Up Thread.

Fireand'chutes77
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Fireand'chutes77 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:55 am

View Original Postgatotsu911 wrote:Why on Earth hasn't this been memed yet?

Character + Blush + Clipboard = Instant Moe

Personally, I think she needs some white gloves and shiny glasses to really pull the whole thing together....
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. JSDF attack ships on fire during Operation Yashima. I watched particle beams glitter in the dark near the Geofront. All these moments will be lost in time. Like LCL in rain. Time to die." ~ ANT Pogo
Asuka: founder of

Merridian
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Merridian » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:39 am

View Original Postgatotsu911 wrote:Character + Blush + Clipboard = Instant Moe
They're already part of the database, don't worry.
View Original PostFireand'chutes77 wrote:Personally, I think she needs some white gloves and shiny glasses to really pull the whole thing together....
They're part of the database as well, but adding glasses to Maya would have made it a bit too obvious.

I hope this turns into a "Maya is Kawaii Uguu~" thread.

Warren Peace
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Warren Peace » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:10 am

Maya: the intersection of cute and incompetent. So glad Seele didn't know about her. After what they did to Ritsuko...

maybe I wish they had known about Maya, actually.

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:13 am

Can we ban Warren Peace already for dissing the only decent human being in the series?

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”