What reminds you of Evangelion in your day to day life?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

juaxoo
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby juaxoo » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:08 am

walkman, or any other branded portable cassette players, with black earbuds, such as the WM-DC2

TaintedHero
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby TaintedHero » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:04 am

View Original Postjuaxoo wrote:walkman, or any other branded portable cassette players, with black earbuds, such as the WM-DC2

Anytime someone says "What are you stupid?"

Whenever I see a strawberry blonde, or a yellowish sundress, a combo of the two hasn't happened, but when it does!
"It's frozen, I can't get it to work", "Thats because it doesn't have a touchscreen, it's an ipod classic..."
Danger Please: Do not imitate a rapist!

OndrejTrhon
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby OndrejTrhon » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:31 am

We actually have NERV in Czech Republic :) Its National Economic Government Council or something like that. But when shortened in czech, its official name is NERV ;)
([url]http://www.vlada.cz/cz/ppov/ekonomicka-rada/narodni-ekonomicka-rada-vlady-51371/[/url])

juaxoo
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby juaxoo » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:42 am

View Original PostOndrejTrhon wrote:We actually have NERV in Czech Republic :) Its National Economic Government Council or something like that. But when shortened in czech, its official name is NERV ;)
([url]http://www.vlada.cz/cz/ppov/ekonomicka-rada/narodni-ekonomicka-rada-vlady-51371/[/url])

make sure they dont start making huge humanoid robots and plan to end the world as we know it...

OndrejTrhon
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby OndrejTrhon » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:30 am

View Original Postjuaxoo wrote:make sure they dont start making huge humanoid robots and plan to end the world as we know it...

You know, it looks like that population of thriteeen year old children is getting lower here..

juaxoo
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby juaxoo » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:01 pm

View Original Postjuaxoo wrote:walkman, or any other branded portable cassette players, with black earbuds, such as the WM-DC2

sorry but it seems i've mistaken and Shinji actually uses a DAT player, clearly shown in the rebuild series, "SDAT" branded player, DAT is the media format, which is even mroe rare and exclusive than the cassette players (its like CD vs DVD except CD and DVD is still used and more consuemr friendly)

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:15 pm

DATs were used pretty widely amongst musicians around the time before CD's had completely taken over. In the 90's all the recording that people did in studios had DAT for the digital option and something important to note is CD's (redbook audio found on music CD's), while digitally sampled, have no timing information for the actual samples, the playback relies on the spin of the CD, an attempt to make it impossible to rip the music off of a CD and get an exact copy (note: this is a gross simplification).

A little more about SDAT here: http://wiki.evageeks.org/SDAT

Cody MacArthur Fett
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Cody MacArthur Fett » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:57 pm

So, I'm almost done reading my biography of Calvin Coolidge, and I've found out something interesting. Apparently, Herbert Hoover was basically a genderflipped Asuka (with humanitarianism replacing Eva piloting) who managed to annoy the Rei-like Coolidge a great deal, and as such Coolidge often called him the derogatory nickname of "Wonder Boy" . . . I'll just let that sink in for a moment.
Sic Semper Tyrannus
Carry on.

liquidus118
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby liquidus118 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:07 pm

Philosphy 2 days ago. I bumped into the word "Reification" and have never been so annoyed to be sat in a room of people who don't know what Eva is.
Other than that: Pretty much everything. I must say "It's like in Eva when..." at least once a day, to my friend's despair.

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

•      
  •      

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:16 pm

View Original Postliquidus118 wrote:Philosphy 2 days ago. I bumped into the word "Reification" and have never been so annoyed to be sat in a room of people who don't know what Eva is.
:lol: I've been acquainted with that word for a while and I'm a little annoyed that NGE never even came to mind!
Cinelogue & Forced Perspective Cinema
^ Writing as Jonathan Henderson ^
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

liquidus118
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby liquidus118 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:23 pm

View Original PostEva Yojimbo wrote::lol: I've been acquainted with that word for a while and I'm a little annoyed that NGE never even came to mind!

From what I remember it kinda suited Rei. I shall google it and find out IIRC. If it doesn't say "The process of being tanged" I shall be disappointed.

Huh. "The conversion of an abstract concept into something concrete; a viewing of the abstract as concrete" Reminds me of 3I/ Insrtumentality for some reason...

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Stryker » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:26 pm

Miso Soup, robots/mechas/oversized aliens (hate me), Carrot Soup, and blood.
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

liquidus118
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby liquidus118 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:27 pm

Orange juice. Definitely Orange juice.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:28 pm

View Original PostCody MacArthur Fett wrote:So, I'm almost done reading my biography of Calvin Coolidge, and I've found out something interesting. Apparently, Herbert Hoover was basically a genderflipped Asuka (with humanitarianism replacing Eva piloting) who managed to annoy the Rei-like Coolidge a great deal, and as such Coolidge often called him the derogatory nickname of "Wonder Boy" . . . I'll just let that sink in for a moment.
That sounds like an awesome biography.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

•      
  •      

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:30 pm

View Original Postliquidus118 wrote:Huh. "The conversion of an abstract concept into something concrete; a viewing of the abstract as concrete" Reminds me of 3I/ Insrtumentality for some reason...
It actually DOES suit NGE in general, since the entire series is basically a giant allegory for various abstract concepts.
Cinelogue & Forced Perspective Cinema
^ Writing as Jonathan Henderson ^
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionFan » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:38 pm

It was Kaworu's fifteenth anniversary last sunday, I totally forgot to mention it - and I had it noted down and everything! Still... embrace it if you can.

I guess that is a case of Evangelion not in my everyday life. :(
Voluntary Illusion.

Cody MacArthur Fett
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Cody MacArthur Fett » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:21 pm

View Original Postchild of Lilith wrote:That sounds like an awesome biography.

It is, but it's also more then a little sad. In fact, it contains one of the most heartbreaking passages I've ever read in a corporeal book: the death of Calvin Jr.. :sniffle:
Sic Semper Tyrannus
Carry on.

AshPhoenix
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby AshPhoenix » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:53 pm

EvangelionFan wrote:It was Kaworu's fifteenth anniversary last sunday, I totally forgot to mention it - and I had it noted down and everything! Still... embrace it if you can.

I wasn't aware Kaworu was married. :ting:
Ritsuko: It can't be...an Angel devoured an Eva? That's impossible!
Maya: That's strange. The target's identification signal is turning into Zerogouki's!
~Once again proving...you are what you eat.~

(After adding something sexual to a perfectly normal post) "Fixed." --Apparently everybody on this forum.
It is unnerving to be proven wrong, particularly when you are really right and the person who is really wrong is the one who is proving you wrong and proving himself, wrongly, right. Right?

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionFan » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:59 pm

The 13th marked fifteen years since Episode 24 aired in Japan. That's why I said anniversary.
Voluntary Illusion.

AshPhoenix
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby AshPhoenix » Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:01 pm

Ah. Now that makes much more sense.
Ritsuko: It can't be...an Angel devoured an Eva? That's impossible!
Maya: That's strange. The target's identification signal is turning into Zerogouki's!
~Once again proving...you are what you eat.~

(After adding something sexual to a perfectly normal post) "Fixed." --Apparently everybody on this forum.
It is unnerving to be proven wrong, particularly when you are really right and the person who is really wrong is the one who is proving you wrong and proving himself, wrongly, right. Right?

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”