Commentary: Episode 06

For discussion of and submissions for the EvaGeeks Wiki and Commentary. Open to all posters.

Moderators: UrsusArctos, Board Staff

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby esselfortium » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:53 pm

View Original PostKendrix wrote:Now, whenever Asuka showes her boobs into his face, he NEVER looks away.

Feel free to evaluate this however you want, but it's a fact that Shinji shares somewhat different relationships with these girls which certainly differ in the amount of respect involved.

I'm pretty sure this is inaccurate.

In any case, this theory doesn't exactly reflect well on Mr. Shinji. I don't know about you, but I sure wouldn't want to support getting Rei or whichever girl of choice together with someone you claim to be so selectively disrespectful to his female peers.

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:02 pm

View Original Postesselfortium wrote:I'm pretty sure this is inaccurate.

In any case, this theory doesn't exactly reflect well on Mr. Shinji. I don't know about you, but I sure wouldn't want to support getting Rei or whichever girl of choice together with someone you claim to be so selectively disrespectful to his female peers.

It's not that simple, it has to do with the way the S/A dynamic established itself. Shinji is generally insecure and overly polite.
It's just that Asuka showers him with insults from the beginning - untill halfway into episode 9, their relationship is mostly antagonistic and then, stuff happens, but some, if certainly not all of his restraints are at least.. loosened... by this point because she was once , uh, less than a friend. The kissing attempt is half based on, uh, look, attractive girl directly before my face, and the other half of it is an revenge act.
It's more the combination of the two that produces the problem, or the way they are combinated.
I'll explain it in all detail when we come to episode 9.
It's quite fascinating in an artistic way... I think.
That's just my interpretation anyway. Maybe yours is right. But I think that it's certainly not harmful if different approaches/possible interpretations are present here.
Lets not start a shipping war - both girls are part of the story, you have to look at both to get answers... and even the triangle is only a smal part of the greater whole.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Trajan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Trajan » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:54 pm

001: Ramiel is angry...

004: It's almost like her catch phrase isn't it?

018: Sh*t get blowed-up real good!

038: It's because everything looks more dramatic with steam.

050: This shot always intrigued me, is medical technology advanced enough in Tokyo-3 where robots perform all the procedures? Because even with the sheer multitude of hospital scenes I never see any doctors or nurses milling about.

069: Even the JSDF learns it's lessons after a while...

108: This scene always brings back nostalgic memories of the Godzilla series for me. The radio bulletin, TV announcement, emergency vehicles solitary moving across the foreground is very atmospheric.

137: And now a little something for the ladies...

200: You know, for a world where sea-levels have supposedly risen the coastline looks remarkably similar.

221: It's in the brackets: each leg would have a competitor / team on it, the winner would then move onto the next bracket to face the winner of another bracket and so on until there's only one left. The graph here is slightly similar to such a "tournament style graph"

259: Of course, things never work like they expect them too.

269: And they throw in a pillar of fire reference. It's almost as if Shinji is like Moses, holding off the Egyptians (in this case Angels) in order to save his people. Of course the paradise NGE is moving towards can hardly be called that.

289: Enjoy this moment Rei fans, this one of the few significant things Rei will ever do in an Eva. However, it also one of the most badass things any of the pilots will do and works as character development as well.

305: Requisite in pace, Ramiel. Most of the Angels after you will fail to live up to your lofty standard.

311:
Ishido - Another cross, really?
Anno - Why not?
Ishido - It just seems a little excessive...
Anno - I'm in charge here.
Ishido - Fine, but if you keep putting them in people are actually going to think they mean something.

318: Bookends. After Soundtrack Dissonance, it's probably Anno's favorite trope.

333: Shinji should really follow his own advice more often, he'd be happier if he did.

338: This shot makes me smile.
Movin' Right Along
"Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." - Confucius
"All styles are good except the tiresome kind." - Voltaire

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:18 am

015: Boiled pilot to go!
094: To think that I never really noticed this thing 'til episode 22...
136: I never really got that line form Rei... "To show up like that"...
Like what? Naked? Gloomy?
Waitaminit... Was that Rei humour?
312: This scene would allways come back to my mind in episode 18...
338: I think in this scene sometimes... Every time someone is taking me a picture and says "smile", I keep thinking how akward it is to smile for nothing... They have to poke me in the ribs so that I laugh and then, they take the picture...
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

Combs
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Combs » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:05 am

#137: Mai... mai D**ku! "The briefing" indeed.
Proud founder, and sole member of A.I.D.S
"Can you bond with someone, over a television show? ...neuuugh?" -Craig Ferguson
"her BREASTS are like THE MAJOR'S from GHOAST In the MACHINE, She is like a person with CYBORG RADIATOR BREATSTS that do not WORK unless EXPOSED or in TIGHT CLOTHING or else the EXPELLED HEAT managed to SET THINGS ON FIRE" -chee, on misogyny

JC Denton
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby JC Denton » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:48 am

View Original PostJC Denton wrote:just a general comment on ep 6 (don't post this anywhere again):

I consider it a critical flaw that after the last minutes of this episode and especially the ending Shinji never tries to get closer to Rei afterwards (like it happens in the manga) ever again

ep 6 is a huge turning point, it's the closing of a certain state of Eva that never resurfaces and it's always a sad feeling to endure the "filler" (the Asuka-heavy second quarter of the show) after the early greatness

no comments on my observation?
no sig

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:49 am

View Original PostJC Denton wrote:no comments on my observation?

As someone stated before, Anno ran out of ideas.
On my first viewing, it didn't appear tht unnatural to me than after Rei, the other female leads would also get their days in the limelight - Rei got 2 episodes for Shinji to get close to her, Asuka got more or less the same, and Rei definetely stopped being out of focus by ep 11, where we see the team whose components we have been introduced to separately working together.
Sure, it does break the flow of the developement between Shinji and Rei (Which is why they 'fixed' it in Rebuild), but it's not completely forgotten, we're often reminded of it's presence ( Asuka's occassional teasing, Rei effortlessly synching with Shinji's movements etc) and the thing is more or less continuied from episode 14 onwards.

I wouldn't call the action arc 'filler' - It has a central theme (as stated in some DVD commentary, im too lazy to look for the source now but I could look it up if you want me to): "The characters becoming one/working together to defeat the angels" It has nice philosophic sidenotes and lets us enjoy/get to know the characters, their attitudes and relationships to each other, before they are chewed to bits by the plot. You wouldn't really care otherwise.

The prologue Arc (I'm not very sure which Arc episode 7 falls into - on the one Hand, Shinji already has his more willfull, ocassionally snarky 'action arc' personality here, but it is still part of Shinji establishing a home and connections for himself, as it ends with him and Misato bonding/ the "that's like family' scene. Having a transistion episode rather than a sudden jump is more realistic, tough. Stiill, I think the "this is Lillith" scene is Rebuild is a replacement for episode 7, as far as the "this is what you're fightinh for" and "bonding with Misato" aspects are concerned) certainly has it's very own atmosphere to it.
this is why they granted it's rebuild counterpart an entire movie: Episodes 1 to 7 are, in a way, a miniature form of the series with most of it's messages contained somewhere in there. They show how our reclusive little Shinji establishes a proper life for himself, with a purpose, a home, friends, a love intrest and a family.
(Asuka's introduction is not part of the 'establishing of the world', she is a foreighn element that crashes into Shinji's already established world. She HAS to be introduced that late, since some of her attributes is 'sex' and 'confusing female ', something that suddenly enters the life of a pubescent boy. She's also 'the other', that which comes from the outside. Asuka needs to be introduced later and introducing a character takes time.)

this is whi I liked how Rebuild stressed Shinji's transistion from the meek, always-sounding-like-a-beaten-puppy Shinji to the more willful Shinji seen later in the story with the "Angel of doom scene".

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:58 am

Helooo!

Here's the continuation:

26o: As before, Rebuild made things more obvious. This is the first time I hear of episode 6 containing any mountain melting.
It helps that the Rebuild mountain was BETWEEN Shinji and Ramiel, while the Anime!Mountain was just some vague lines in the background. I mostly think that the Art style of Evangelion is good enough/still looks great today, but this battle is one of the few occassions where the shiny graphix really helped.
Note that this beam was probably mainly meant to divert Shinjis beam rather than to hit him, and Shinji is STILL barely able to dodge.
This is how precise Ramiel shoots when he is NOT aiming for precision.

262: My devastating pillar of light is bigger than yours!

264: This scene somehow becomes incredibly more epic if you read the script... I mean, can you imagine gripping the very ground because there's nothing else to hang out to, and a large shockwave is comming your way?

269: Ramiel stands (or floasts) completely unfazed. Note how far Shinji's beam was diverted, wheras Shinji himself still had to dodge Ramiel's beam.

273: Misato wastes no time being shocked and immediately orders everyne to try again.

278: Ahh, finally a "villain" who will strike before the heroes are "ready". I guess this beam is directly aimed at EVA 01's core this time...

283: I like this episode's use of all-white screens to reflect power.

284: Teh Epicness!

285: Now for some reaction shots!

286: Ditto. As usual, Ritsuko is more composed.

287: ...and the faces of the higher-ups are unreadable. They might be looking a tiny bit worried, tough, maybe because this is Reis's first participation in a real battle.

288: He is almost shocked at the realisation that he is not alone.

290: ...With a SPACESHUTLE! And look how the white light is surrounding them. You are not alone, Shinji.

291: Was he expecting someone else?

292: A subtle reminder that there's a time limit to the shield action, as badass as it may look.

995: It's all or nothing now, and he knows it. Now he's really under pressure, after all, he doesn't want a person he only just met to get hurt because of his personal shortcommings, and this proves to be an useful incentive to get Shinji to do something. (previously seen in ep 3.) Of course, this is subverted later in ep 18 where his wish not to hurt anyone PREVENTS him from fighthing.

302 Shinji strikes back!

305 Ouch.

307: RIP Ramiel, you will be remembered for your badass.

308: Judging by the state of the armor, Rei shieded Shinji with EVA 00's very body after the shiel melted away for good. She would probably say that she's just 'doing her job' and can be replaced anyway, but man, you gotta admire such willpower.

309: Well done, Shinji! You saved the day! Go claim your reward now! Yes, the chick!

312: ...You might have to unpack her first, tough...

316: It weren't his bare hands, but to make up for it, he gets to expose them to immense heat twice, once through EVA 01's hands and once through the plugsuit.

317: This thing is HOT. So while the plugsuit shielded him from aquiring any burns, grabbing this opening mechanism was NOT confortable.

318: This is pretty much the same animation they used for Gendo, the movements are almost identical Someone once superimposed their images in an amv, and it worked perfectly.

319: SEEMS to be because she is still unconcious at this point.

322: "...And I'll be the first thing you see, and you'll realize that you love meeeeee...." *sing*

324: he couldn't quite think of what to say, and so, he talks of the words that have shocked him so much before the battle began.

325: She does not quite know what to make of Shinji's emotional outburst. She probably does not understand what she did to cause this. That he could be relieved because she is allright doesn't occur to her - in her mindset, she just did her job and there's no point in worrying since she's replacable.

326: Rei never says "farewell" ever again, even if it almost was her catchphrase before. This shows us in retrospective how this occurence has impacted her - It is also an important point for Shinji, as he makes a visible positive influence on someone else's life. If he were to leave now, it wouldn't be as if nothing had happened.

329: She watches the emotional outburst in bewilderment, still oblivious to the fact that she is the cause of it. Note that the confusion itself is pretty obvious on her face - and she has smiled before. It's less that she doesn't know what to do when she's happy, it's that she doesn't get that she should be happy at all. In her mindset, her death should not be a real loss to anyone, so why should she or anyone else be relieved?

330: She hasn't got a clue why he's crying in this very, but she seems to have some idea as to why people cry in general, and Rei, beingnice person, wants to know what's up with Shinji.

332: She even apolpgizes, perhaps fearing that she might have done something wrong that made Shinji cry.

333: Awww, I want my own Shinji *.*

334: This is the point where he cries. Maybe his mention of "smiling" (something she had only done for Gendo untill this point) made her think of his father, maybe it was just the similar pose and strong family resemblance, Shinji is pretty much his old man's spitting image.
Whatever the exact reason may be, Rei didn't realize the similarity of this situation and the activation experiment until now, which is why she is so visibly shocked. She's thinking something amongst the lines of "How could I miss this?!" Note that she's already slightly blushing at this point.

335: He's wearing his new glasses here, so it's not just a flashback to the activation experiment - This is how Rei gets to see him most of the time, how he is imprinted into her memory (compare with the conversation in ep 5), which is, of course, quite the contrast to the looming, dark silhouette Shinji tends to imagine when he thinks of his father.
Note that Gendo, as her father figure, has probably influenced what Rei subconciously looks for in a boy.

336: Rei is has just realized that Shinji was crying because of HER all the time, and she is completely shocked at the fact that a complete stranger would show such a strong emotional reaction for her sake, more so than your average girl since she thinks her life is valueless.
When Gendo saved her, she grew very attached to him as a result, but he is her creator - Shinji has, from Rei's viewpoint, absolutely no reason to worry about her. She has just formed a new bond, a kind of bond that she didn't know before - hence the shocked reaction.

337: The tender expression in his eyes is exactly the same as Gendo's in the flashback before.

338: Congratulations, Shinji! You have been welcomned into the small circle of people who are allowed to see that smile.
The 'blush lines' (The Rebuild and death and Rebirth renderings of that scene make it more obvious that this was meant to be a blush) indicate that this smile is genuine, i.e, she's not doing it just because he told her to, but mainly because the afore mentioned realization.
Needless to say, this is the point where they fall in love. This is, like many other things, emphasized in Rebuild, where they go as far as, for all intents and purposes, holding hands.

339:I wonder if Kaworu is up there. Most likely not, since there have been no indications that Tabgha base ever existed in NGE-Verse. If he already exists, he's probably having a conversation with the SEELE dudes, tough.
Rebuild!Kaworu mentioned Shinji 'entiring the next stange'. I wonder if this is related to the turning point in Shinji's behaviour that follows this event.

Previev: 01: All the EVA girls get their little Day in the lime light! This was Rei's, and next time, it's Misato's turn!

Can't wait for the next one :)
Last edited by Kendrix on Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Szmitten
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Szmitten » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:17 am

086: One of the things I really dislike about Evangelion is the inconsistent art style in the first half of the series. Last episode and the next look fine, but this one suffers from oddly proportioned faces, weird shading and shoddy animation. I find that from this shot onwards it becomes very noticeable. It's understandable to have A and B teams of animators to keep up the workflow (ask anyone who watched Dragonball Z where it often alternated on an episode by episode basis), it's just unfortunate that the B team does a poor job with what is the climax of the story arc.

A.T. Fish
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby A.T. Fish » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:47 am

#66: An example of how much reflection NGE demands.
#313: The still shots make it look like the Eva's are going doggystyle. Hell yeah!
Last edited by A.T. Fish on Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JC Denton
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby JC Denton » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:00 pm

View Original PostKendrix wrote:As someone stated before, Anno ran out of ideas.
On my first viewing, it didn't appear tht unnatural to me than after Rei, the other female leads would also get their days in the limelight - Rei got 2 episodes for Shinji to get close to her, Asuka got more or less the same, and Rei definetely stopped being out of focus by ep 11, where we see the team whose components we have been introduced to separately working together.
Sure, it does break the flow of the developement between Shinji and Rei (Which is why they 'fixed' it in Rebuild), but it's not completely forgotten, we're often reminded of it's presence ( Asuka's occassional teasing, Rei effortlessly synching with Shinji's movements etc) and the thing is more or less continuied from episode 14 onwards.

I wouldn't call the action arc 'filler' - It has a central theme (as stated in some DVD commentary, im too lazy to look for the source now but I could look it up if you want me to): "The characters becoming one/working together to defeat the angels" It has nice philosophic sidenotes and lets us enjoy/get to know the characters, their attitudes and relationships to each other, before they are chewed to bits by the plot. You wouldn't really care otherwise.

The prologue Arc (I'm not very sure which Arc episode 7 falls into - on the one Hand, Shinji already has his more willfull, ocassionally snarky 'action arc' personality here, but it is still part of Shinji establishing a home and connections for himself, as it ends with him and Misato bonding/ the "that's like family' scene. Having a transistion episode rather than a sudden jump is more realistic, tough. Stiill, I think the "this is Lillith" scene is Rebuild is a replacement for episode 7, as far as the "this is what you're fightinh for" and "bonding with Misato" aspects are concerned) certainly has it's very own atmosphere to it.
this is why they granted it's rebuild counterpart an entire movie: Episodes 1 to 7 are, in a way, a miniature form of the series with most of it's messages contained somewhere in there. They show how our reclusive little Shinji establishes a proper life for himself, with a purpose, a home, friends, a love intrest and a family.
(Asuka's introduction is not part of the 'establishing of the world', she is a foreighn element that crashes into Shinji's already established world. She HAS to be introduced that late, since some of her attributes is 'sex' and 'confusing female ', something that suddenly enters the life of a pubescent boy. She's also 'the other', that which comes from the outside. Asuka needs to be introduced later and introducing a character takes time.)

this is whi I liked how Rebuild stressed Shinji's transistion from the meek, always-sounding-like-a-beaten-puppy Shinji to the more willful Shinji seen later in the story with the "Angel of doom scene".

composition and storyline flow might be the meta-reason for what you adress in paragraph 1, but I'm more concerned about the in-story progression - bluntly said the way Shinji treats Rei later is as if episode 6 had never happened

ad "filler": well of course 8-12 are nothing like e.g. Naruto filler (i.e. worthless garbage), but the abundancy of bad (some of those really bad) scenes is noteworthy (more on that when those episode commentaries are due)
no sig

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:11 pm

View Original PostJC Denton wrote:composition and storyline flow might be the meta-reason for what you adress in paragraph 1, but I'm more concerned about the in-story progression - bluntly said the way Shinji treats Rei later is as if episode 6 had never happened

It's not like they had sex or something. Shinji has very natural relationship with Rei II after ep 6 so I'm not sure what you mean.

Anyway, can't anyone illuminate the whole credits deal? Do we have the translators?

BiQ
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby BiQ » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:48 pm

338: And never again could Gainax or Khara top or even reach again this very first rendition of this ultimate heartwarming.

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:19 pm

View Original PostJC Denton wrote:composition and storyline flow might be the meta-reason for what you adress in paragraph 1, but I'm more concerned about the in-story progression - bluntly said the way Shinji treats Rei later is as if episode 6 had never happened

I don't think so. She only smiled, they didn't kiss or anything (they held hands in Rebuild, but Rebuild does NOT have Rei moving out of focus) and even if they lived through huge quantities of character developement in that episode, they are both rather passive people. They interacted a lot in ep 6 because the circumstances drew them together. The forgotten card, the battle and so on.
There is surely some sort of 'gap' there, but at least from ep 14 onwards, they start again where they left off in ep 6 - With Rei musing, amongst other things, about how others have been recently entering her world.
Then, there is that exchange in ep 15, where Shinji asks Rei for advice on something that troubles him. (His meeting with Gendo) The only other people he deliberately talked about his Daddy issues with were Kaworu and Kaji. Misato occassionally supplies advice, too, but it is her who starts mentioning the topic on such occassions.
And when did Shinji grow close enough to Rei to talk with her about such things? Yes, ep 6. They grow even closer over the course of the third act.

ath
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby ath » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:26 pm

View Original PostXard wrote:...even more confusingly the Commentary has storyboards of ep 5 as Shinji Higuchi too, whereas platinum booklet clearly indicates they're by Kiichi Jinme (pen name of Junichi Sato)

Furthermore episode director for Rei I is Keiichi Sugiyama and Hiroyuki Ishido for Rei II in platinum booklets whereas Commentary gives episode director credits in both episodes for Seiji Mizushima

That's mostly my fault. Our translators didn't work on the credits and we just transcribed them from the Platinum EDs. It looks like ADV did a few mistakes there. I remember that I was surprised when I transcribed the credits of #06 from the Platinum DVDs and I found that they were identical to those of #05, except for the additional voice cast.

Thanks for the corrections! Feel free to check the rest of the credits and point out any other inconsistency you might find.

Fireand'chutes77
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Fireand'chutes77 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:46 pm

019: Maybe there isn't a "blooper" with the beam weapon after all. Much like tornadoes aren't all that visible until they begin sucking up dirt (or a light beam until you add smoke), the beam isn't visible until it "ingests" the material in the building and turns it to visible iridescent plasma.

There is the issue of why the air between Ramiel and the building isn't glowing from ionization, but perhaps in the daytime it's a lot less intense than vaporized skyscraper and gets washed out.
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. JSDF attack ships on fire during Operation Yashima. I watched particle beams glitter in the dark near the Geofront. All these moments will be lost in time. Like LCL in rain. Time to die." ~ ANT Pogo
Asuka: founder of

bigbadtyrant
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby bigbadtyrant » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:21 pm

#10. Im'a firing ma lazers!!!

#56. It is obvious that Ramiel does not like balloons...

#94 the positron rifle has never accomplished anything.

#307 After this, Ramiels corpse takes three episodes clean up.
From the shadows i come!!!

ath
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby ath » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:42 pm

Feel free to rewrite and fix my horrible grammar if you need, I know my English still sucks at times. Sorry...

029: As usual, somebody got Ritsuko's eyebrows wrong. I haven't counted (yet!) how many times it happens, but I bet that's the most common coloration error in the show. We need to create a page with a list of those errors one of these days...

----------------------------------
By the way, did nobody point out in the OP commentary that they somehow managed to get them wrong even in the original OP, until they finally fixed them in Renewal?
----------------------------------

045: Well, it's Gainax we're talking about. Their "drills" are know to Go Beyond the Impossible and Kick Reason to the Curb, so...

059: Let's see... Kotono Mitsuishi shouting tsugi! "in a business-like tone"? I could swear I've heard that a lot of times. Too bad nobody was crazy enough to create a similar Commentary project for that series, it would have been amazing.

087: Gendo's office looks different here from all the other times we see it in the series, starting just as soon as next episode. Were did all these lamps go? There's a good thread on the topic (OVERANALYSIS WARNING!), complete with "moving office" theories and Galileo quotes.

176: To be fair, she contemplated the possibility of using the positron cannon for another shot two cuts ago (if I remember correctly she doesn't even talk about it in Rebuild)

185: Damn, I couldn't help but feel ashamed when I was taking these screencaps. But we know it's all for EvaGeeks the Future of Mankind, right?

259: I remember that this scene actually surprised me when I was watching NGE for the first time and expecting one of those cliché Beam-o-War fights. They're actually consistent about the positrons being influenced by the gravitational and magnetic fields (including those generated by themselves), as they said a few minutes ago! Unfortunately we can't say the same for a lot of other technobabble in the show...

304: It's interesting that the positron rifle's beam follows a slightly different trajectory than the one followed by the beam Ramiel is still firing, conveniently avoiding EVA-00 in the process. Has the computer managed to calculate a trajectory which compensates for the presence of Ramiel's beam, in a smaller-scale controlled version of the effect we see in #259?

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:02 pm

087: Either Gendo, Fuyutsuki or Anno & co noticed that it would look much cooler/more surreal without the lamps and quickly removed them, hoping that no one would notice.

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:39 pm

003: I always had the impression that the core was at the dead center of the Angel, and that the outlined circle was just the reactor Ramiel used to generate the beam.

019: Same impression, but I remember seeing a production drawing of the same scene that showed the beam coming from the building rather than Ramiel. Seems like someone goofed up early on, and the animators just carried through with the mistake. Strange.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Return to “Wiki Editing and Discussion”