The Dark Knight Rises

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

The Dark Knight Rises

•      
  •      

Postby Guyver Spawn » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:00 pm

I search for this thread and found nothing. This thread is for the 3rd and final Batman movie from Christopher Nolan.

Tom Hardy (Black Hawk Down, Inception) will be playing as Bane and that Anne Hathaway (The Devil Wears Prada) has been cast as Selina Kyle/Catwoman.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/113998-anne-hathaway-to-play-selina-kyle-in-the-dark-knight-rises

I can't wait to see Nolan's version of Bane will be like. I hope it will look more closer to the comic book version then the version of Bane from "Batman & Robin" (1997).
Xbox live gamertag: Guyver Spawn 27
PSN: Hellspawn28

Trajan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Trajan » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:03 pm

Bane sounds awesome but I'm weary of Catwoman.
Movin' Right Along
"Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." - Confucius
"All styles are good except the tiresome kind." - Voltaire

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Azathoth » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:57 pm

Difficult to think of two Batman villains more different in tone...but we'll see where Nolan's going with that.
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

•      
  •      

Postby Oz » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:31 pm

... Bane? Didn't know who he was until I read a handful of news reports after I found about Tom Hardy's casting. Now that's a damn weird villain for a film that's supposed to end Nolan's Batman trilogy/franchise. Just how will it work with such a second-rate villain?
"I'd really like to have as much money as you have, Oz" - robersora
"No you wouldn't. Oz's secret is he goes without food to buy that stuff. He hasn't eaten in years." - Brikhaus

"Often I get the feeling that deep down, your little girl is struggling with your embrace of filmfaggotry and your loldeep fixations, and the conflict that arises from such a contradiction is embodied pretty well in Kureha's character. But obviously it's not any sort of internal conflict that makes the analogy work. It's the pigtails." - Merridian
"Oh, Oz, I fear I'm losing my filmfag to the depths of Japanese pop. If only there were more films with Japanese girls in glow-in-the-dark costumes you'd be the David Bordwell of that genre." - Jimbo
"Oz, I think we need to stage an intervention and force you to watch some movies that aren't made in Japan." - Trajan

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionFan » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:36 pm

Bane was okay in Arkham Asylum, but I'm skeptical as to how his cinema debut will fare. Also, Anne Hathaway is hot, but I haven't seen her in anything that suggests she could play Catwoman's 'darker side'.
Voluntary Illusion.

Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:37 pm

For those of you who don't remember Bane think back to the hoped-up on steroids masked wrestler from Batman and Robin.
So depressed am I
Missing you I do TK
Gone from paradise

Merridian
Angel
Angel

Re: The Dark Knight Rises

•      
  •      

Postby Merridian » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:44 pm

^that hopped-up on steroids mask wrestler from the Batman movie that was never made wasn't Bane. He was a hopped-up on steroids masked wrestler. Bane was a crazed druggie with the intellect of some kind of super-genius. He also had a grim 90s backstory.

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:45 pm

Bane? Didn't know who he was until I read a handful of news reports after I found about Tom Hardy's casting. Now that's a damn weird villain for a film that's supposed to end Nolan's Batman trilogy/franchise. Just how will it work with such a second-rate villain?

I'd hardly call bane second rate, the dude broke batmans back! Also if done right, and I'm confident if anyone can do bane right it would be nolan he will be badass. See in the comics Bane wasn't just strong he was also a good strategist, a very good opponent for batman.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:46 pm

Who the fuck is this Bane guy? I've never even heard of him and I don't have single recollection of ever seeing him in any Batman shit I watched. Yeah, I never saw whole Batman and Robin...

I don't get it. Dude looks like monstrous, silly wrestler.

LAME

Merridian
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Merridian » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:57 pm

View Original PostXard wrote:I've never even heard of him and I don't have single recollection of ever seeing him in any Batman shit I watched.

any Batman shit I watched.

I watched.

Imagine if Batman was evil, and if he took shitloads of drugs that made him roidrage. The result would be Bane. or Prometheus

I'm surprised Nolan went for Bane, but he should be able to pull it off well enough.

backseatjesus
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby backseatjesus » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:00 pm

To those who are talking shit about Bane, how about you read Knightfall before flapping lip.

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:00 pm

View Original PostMerridian wrote:Imagine if Batman was evil, and if he took shitloads of drugs that made him roidrage. The result would be Bane. or Prometheus

But Batman is already evil!

...ohwait, that was the Miller fanfic...

I'm just surprised they'd go for something like steroid monster instead of, say, Penguin or some other legend. I guess he may be very good character but at the very least he looks like steroid lump of flesh

Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:02 pm

^that hopped-up on steroids mask wrestler from the Batman movie that was never made wasn't Bane. He was a hopped-up on steroids masked wrestler. Bane was a crazed druggie with the intellect of some kind of super-genius.

It was Bane, the movie even said so.
So depressed am I
Missing you I do TK
Gone from paradise

Merridian
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Merridian » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:08 pm

Xard wrote:I'm just surprised they'd go for something like steroid monster instead of, say, Penguin or some other legend. I guess he may be very good character but at the very least he looks like steroid lump of flesh
Well don't worry, because he is a good character. Like backseatjesus recommended, read Knightfall if you're interested (probably have to bear with the grimdark 90s grit, but everything mainstream was like that back then). It's not like we're dealing with Killer Croc.

Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion wrote:It was Bane, the movie even said so.
:lol: Next you're gonna tell me that George Clooney wearing a Halloween costume with rubber nipples on it was supposed to be Bruce Wayne.

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Guyver Spawn » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:09 pm

Bane was also in the 90's Batman and Superman cartoon series as well. I think Bane and Catwomen will just be side villains. I still hope they pick a major villain like "Black Mask" since Nolan said he wanted to pick a villain that has not been used in any of the movies.
Xbox live gamertag: Guyver Spawn 27
PSN: Hellspawn28

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:10 pm

Tom Hardy is a good pick for Bane, though he'll have to either beef up or get used to CG.

While Bane and Catwoman will provide the tools for another great Batman film, I remain skeptical that it'll be able to top the Joker and Two-Face.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:11 pm

Ahh, the fact Bane debuted in 1993 explains why I've never even heard of him. Before Nolan's films only Batman stuff I was familiar with was the old camp show from 60s, Burton's Batman films (though as I said I hadn't seen B and R) and TAS. I hadn't read much Batman comics

I might've seen him in TAS but since I was just a little kid back then I don't remember details very well. Except that art style was wicked

GasmaskAvenger
Re-Gyption Strut
Re-Gyption Strut

•      
  •      

Postby GasmaskAvenger » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:13 pm

View Original PostGuyver Spawn wrote:Bane was also in the 90's Batman and Superman cartoon series as well. I think Bane and Catwomen will just be side villains. I still hope they pick a major villain like "Black Mask" since Nolan said he wanted to pick a villain that has not been used in any of the movies.

I really love to see Black Mask in it as well, since if he gets in too, then i'll get my wish of having Black Mask and Bane as the main baddies
Satsuki Kiryuin wants you to turn that frown upside down...
My AU Evangelion Fanfic | My Street Fighter fanfic
XBOX Live: GasmaskAvenger | PSN: GasmaskAvenger
Official "Grindhouse of Evangelion" Discussion, Updates and Cast Sign Up Thread.

subAtomic
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby subAtomic » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:25 am

Anne Hathaway has been cast as Selina Kyle. There is no mention of Catwoman. Suspicions are that Nolan is taking Catwoman back to her roots, and she will not be dressed in a catsuit, but will be a skilled jewel thief and will never be referred to as "Catwoman" in the movie.

As for Bane, he's not a side villain. He's the villain who broke Batman's back. It makes perfect sense for Nolan to choose him as his final Batman villain. Especially since Nolan likes believable villains, and Bane is a genius on crazy steroids and not a monster or creature.

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:40 am

seeing Bane on the press release, I had flashbacks of Batman and Robin :vomit:

srsly though, I wonder where tf Nolan is going with Catwoman and Bane

I cannot imagine them teaming up at all, maybe either or both of them are the result of some mad scientist's creations gone wrong

I do really like the choice of Anne Hathaway as Catwoman, IMO she is the kind of actress who could carry the Jekyll/Hyde quality of Catwoman with ease, only a few other leading ladies could do that

Hathaway's involvement in this now gives new meaning to the title The Dark Knight Rises (sorry, can't help being a bastard like that)
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

Return to “Film and Video”