The Gainax Cash Cow, or, Why The F*!& Did I Buy That?!

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Ramiel²
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby Ramiel² » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:33 pm

Darn, i want a Ramiel figure or those.. :(

SpearofLonginus
Lilith

Postby SpearofLonginus » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:11 pm

That Adam is too cute.

I have a Lilith cell strap that is near identical to the one above (I think from chara fortune.. I missed the Arael in that set because no one at the convention I went to had him seperate and I hate blind packages). :D I'll have to track that one down, though... XD

Thank you~

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby EvangelionFan » Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:39 am

Two new items of interest have appeared on the Gainax Side Shop. First up is a new Rebuild PSP game with a strange font type and 'Evangelical of the Beginnings' as an Engrish subtitle. I have no idea what kind of game it is. From what I can tell the expected release date is 18 November 2010. Here is a picture of the cover, as included on the product page:

New Rebuild Game Cover  SPOILER: Show

Second up is a new Rei statuette. A PVC 1/7 (115mm) figure, it's Rei in a ballet-ish short dress, with white heeled shoes, plus a dark blue ribbon around the waist and another at the neck. And her head appears to be bigger than her waist. Since my description is poor, you should check out the preview pic I've included below.

TEH Rei  SPOILER: Show
Sadly for TEH Rei collectors, it won't be available until January 2011. In the meantime, I'm going to twiddle my thumbs until the English SIRP Vol 6 arrives in stores >.>
Voluntary Illusion.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:39 am

Pretty cover...

The game looks like one of those Pachinko games. The first pachinko game released for PSP (and DS) was this one: http://www.evageeks.org/2010/04/evangelion-pachinko-game-coming-to-psp-and-ds/

That Rei figure looks cute, too.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Killer Bee
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

I know more than I should about ballet...

Postby Killer Bee » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:50 am

View Original PostEvangelionFan wrote:it's Rei in a ballet-ish short dress, with white heeled shoes, plus a dark blue ribbon around the waist and another at the neck.

I'm not a big Rei fan, but I really like this figure. Also, that's neither a short dress nor heeled shoes; she's wearing a tutu and ballet shoes. The feathers in her hair give the impression she's playing the part of Odette in Swan Lake.

For anyone who doesn't want to spend the exorbitant price, they made a figure in roughly the same sculpt for the newest Portraits series(they also have Asuka in a similar ballet outfit).

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Re: I know more than I should about ballet...

Postby EvangelionFan » Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:41 am

View Original PostKiller Bee wrote:For anyone who doesn't want to spend the exorbitant price, they made a figure in roughly the same sculpt for the newest Portraits series(they also have Asuka in a similar ballet outfit).

Speaking of which Gainax just revealed a new Asuka statuette (PVC 1/7, 220mm) to go with the Rei one. Since they kindly included a photo of the two statues together, it's clear that they are re-makes of two of the figs included in the portrait set. I've included the new statuettes and a photo of the portrait box set in question for comparison below:

SPOILER: Show
^New Statuettes

^This is the Portraits Box which Killer Bee was referring to. The similar statues in question are on the bottom row.
Voluntary Illusion.

Killer Bee
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Asuka in ballet shoes... *drools*

Postby Killer Bee » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:37 am

View Original PostEvangelionFan wrote:

And just when I thought I'd be able to pass this one up. Fuck you, Gainax. :shinji_boohoo:

giuliano
Lilith

Postby giuliano » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:04 pm

There's a new addition to the Evangelion 'Head Collection':

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/goods/goods_detail.html?KEY=NEOGDS-31241

Looks awesome :eva01_roar:
It's GENDO~

Animejunkie
Lilith

Postby Animejunkie » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:55 am

I don't own much eva stuff... however i have bought 4 sets of the original dvd box sets... only 1 is opened and im being an ass and keeping the others sealed, possibly to ebay at a later date lol, and i own 2 copies of death and rebirth and 2 copies of EoE... for the same reason of course.

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:02 am

I just saw this figure in a store:

http://www.play-asia.com/Neon_Genesis_Evangelion_17_Scale_PrePainted_PVC_Figure_Asuka_Bal/paOS-13-71-8x-49-en-70-3zep.html

It was only ~€15.

Should I go for it?

Killer Bee
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Killer Bee » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:13 am

View Original PostInstrumentalityOne wrote:I just saw this figure in a store:

http://www.play-asia.com/Neon_Genesis_Evangelion_17_Scale_PrePainted_PVC_Figure_Asuka_Bal/paOS-13-71-8x-49-en-70-3zep.html

It was only ~€15.

Should I go for it?

That's not due out until February. What you're seeing in the store is the figure from Bandai's newest Portraits series, which is basically the same sculpt except much smaller and cheaper. EvangelionFan posted pictures of it a few posts up.

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:06 pm

Yeah , I just realized when I went to the store a second time today.

Vendor told me that she was a collectible Bandai for €12,90.
(The Unopened cartons cost €12 apiece.)

I´m still considering getting it since I´m unable to fork out that much money for a 1/7 PVC.

I hope they´re getting a Rei Bandai Portrait soon.

Killer Bee
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

She looks a bit like Asuna with her hair like that.

Postby Killer Bee » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:44 pm

View Original PostInstrumentalityOne wrote:I´m still considering getting it since I´m unable to fork out that much money for a 1/7 PVC.

Yeah, I hear you. I ordered the Portraits figure from Ebay, since they finally had the special color version(she's wearing a blue outfit instead of red/pink) for $25. I'd really like the Kotobukiya one, but I just can't justify spending over $80 on it. I have one of the Portraits figures already (Shikinami in her pink top and white skirt) and was very impressed with the quality for such a cheap figure (got it for $14), so I'm hoping this one will look just as nice.

Kubania
Embryo

Postby Kubania » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:53 am

No offense, but I just don't see the appeal in the ballerina figures (other than being cute). From the set they come from, or were based from, I'd prefer the two that are of them as little girls. Those seem much more... I dunno, evocative? Especially juxtaposed they seem to tell more of a story.

But then again, I'm not much for static figures in general, so... -shrugs-

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:26 am

Because Ballerina outfits are kind of a symbol for purity, divinity, elegance and stuff basement-dwellers like.

Killer Bee
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Also, ballet shoes are totally hot.

Postby Killer Bee » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:24 am

View Original PostInstrumentalityOne wrote:Because Ballerina outfits are kind of a symbol for purity, divinity, elegance and stuff basement-dwellers like.

This.

SpearofLonginus
Lilith

Postby SpearofLonginus » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:33 pm

I love the "sets", where Rei and Asuka each get the same outfit at the same time, because my gf and I can each order it and have a match. :D

Kubania
Embryo

Postby Kubania » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:05 am

View Original PostSpearofLonginus wrote:I love the "sets", where Rei and Asuka each get the same outfit at the same time, because my gf and I can each order it and have a match. :D

Daawwwww <3

super_fied
Embryo

Postby super_fied » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:44 pm

I finally completed my RAH collection and picked up a couple of entry plugs to add to my growing collection....

unit450
Adam

Postby unit450 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:15 pm

View Original Postsuper_fied wrote:I finally completed my RAH collection and picked up a couple of entry plugs to add to my growing collection...

Way to go! Still searching for a RAH Shinji myself(although I gotta pick up RAH Mari and Kaworu from my parents place still), but most places are sold-out or have their fall re-release pre-orders closed... Ugh. Have gone as far as asking a favour from a relative to put her name on a waiting list at a Medicom branch brick n' wall store.

Waiting on two more places to email me back if they have it in actual stock, before I start serious consideration on a shop that that has it; just marked up to heck.

Was always curious about those entry plug replicas, but I don't think I can fit them now looking at the box. Still hope I can see your outta the box maybe; they're one of the stature merch items to almost get me to purchase(Well Asuka's really just maybe).

-Last bit- Think your gonna spring for the uniform RAHs next? Not sure on Asuka or Rei myself, most likely will go for Mari. Although will trip over my Watermelon Tang puddle if they make RAH Uniform Shinji Ikari though.
Rei used Smile.
Shinji, Asuk-You know what? EVERYTHING in existence fainted. Even the Fire Hydrant...
Rei defeated Seele!?

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”