Evangelion 1.11/2.22 - this is (not) just a summary

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
visionfactory
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby visionfactory » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:49 pm

Am I the only one who can't see all the images? :/ an error code appears, bandwidth exceded maybe

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

•      
  •      

Postby KnightmareX13 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:19 pm

View Original Postvisionfactory wrote:Am I the only one who can't see all the images? :/ an error code appears, bandwidth exceded maybe

did you try pressing the reload/refresh page button?
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

qu4d
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby qu4d » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:14 pm

So... reuploaded the picturs to imageshack.us. I hope that´s working now better.

Still anything to improve? What do you think about the rebuild-thingy? :P

And 2/3 questions.

The Key of Nebukadnezar. Should I add that it could be Adam?

The chalk-line in 1.11... what is this supposed to be?

I also want to expand the NERV part. What bases do we know now incl. location?

And should I add that picture of Unit 04? From that commercial... since it´s not canon... your opinion?

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Azathoth » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:22 pm

View Original Postqu4d wrote:The Key of Nebukadnezar. Should I add that it could be Adam?

I don't think so. That certainly seems like a reasonable theory but I wouldn't call it something we can safely assume to be true.

View Original Postqu4d wrote:The chalk-line in 1.11... what is this supposed to be?

We actually have no idea - before 2.22 there was talk about how it was the 3rd Angel or something, but aside from the sequel theory banging on about how it's clearly an MP Eva or something, it has yet to be satisfactorily explained or even referred to. I really hope Anno doesn't forget about it.

View Original Postqu4d wrote:I also want to expand the NERV part. What bases do we know now incl. location?

Bethany Base is in Russia somewhere, but crewed by Americans.

Tabgha Base is on/low-orbiting the moon, but unless I'm mistaken I think that's a Seele base and not really under NERV's jurisdiction.

Golgotha Base is apparently the name for NERV HQ in Rebuild...or Matsushiro, maybe? I'm not really clear on that.
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

visionfactory
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby visionfactory » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:58 pm

View Original Postqu4d wrote:So... reuploaded the picturs to imageshack.us. I hope that´s working now better.

Thanks a lot! Everything is working now.

View Original Postqu4d wrote:And should I add that picture of Unit 04? From that commercial... since it´s not canon... your opinion?

I think it's fair to add the picture of Unit 04 because, you know, it wasn't included in the movies but it was redesigned in Rebuild style so this is how it could have been looked like in Rebuild.

skikes
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby skikes » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:41 pm

View Original Postqu4d wrote:

This... where is this from? I demand to know. :rant:
What if I don't want to live in the real world?

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:18 pm

Azathoth: You're getting too worked up in your responses to Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion. Calm down.

skikes: Eva-04 and Kaworu is from one of the (many, there are like 7 of them :lol: ) Pachinko games: http://forum.evageeks.org/viewtopic.php?t=5952

qu4d: Personally, I don't think it should be "included" in anything since it's not really canon for the new films. My two cents.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

AuraTwilight
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby AuraTwilight » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:24 pm

Include it. It's "Canon" enough, since the original design only showed up in figurines and shit and it was taken as canon.
J_Faulkner, be warned that some of your statements could be construed as ad hominem attacks. -- Priceless, eternal irony

Anno has perfected the side boob --Gendo'sPapa

shinji_ryoji_89
Shamshel
Shamshel

Re: q´s "this is (not) just a summary" thread +reb

•      
  •      

Postby shinji_ryoji_89 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:08 pm

Which is kinda the answer. It´s - how surprising - really a rebuild. Not a rebuild of Anime/Manga. It´s a rebuild of the Universe. Right inside the canon. What happened in NGE can´t be directly applied to NME or the Manga, but I´d say it´s all still in the same universe. Like billions of years ago there was the Big Bang. And since that moment, the universe expands and expands... but what was before the Big Bang? What if all the mass that exploded shrunk together before that? And the universe which is expanding will, at some point in the future - in a few billion years, shrink again to one single point and there wil be another Big Bang and it´s happening over and over and over again. But everytime it´s a bit different.

This is a very interesting theory, I think. The most interesting I've heard so far. If that's the explanation for Kaworu's dialogue in the story, I'd rather like it, although I'd hope they'd do something interesting with it.

qu4d
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby qu4d » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:14 am

I´m gonna add the locations later today... but one questions before I do that.

Are we safe to assume the following? So would it be apply what we know from NGE to NME in this case?

The Black Moon
The Black Moon was the egg of Lilith, which landed on the earth 4 billion years ago causing the first impact. Lilith remained there, even when the Geofront was build inside the moon.

Or would that be too much? Reichu? SSD? You have better insight :D How would you write the description?

Fazmotron
Admin Emeritus :-{|
Admin Emeritus :-{|

•      
  •      

Postby Fazmotron » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:00 am

Well, since none of that has been mentioned in Rebuild yet, we can't say for certain any of that is correct. We only know it as "the Geofront" at the moment.

Assumptions are always bad when dealing with rebuild, that's basically what I've been told by Reichu a few times.
[Became a moderator on August 14th, 2011. Became an administrator on September 7th, 2013.]
--Fazmotron--
A.K.A. - Ryan Farrell
How Chaz sees me.
BobBQ - I find your lack of :-{| disturbing.

FAZMOTRON.com

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Azathoth » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:27 pm

View Original Postqu4d wrote:Are we safe to assume the following? So would it be apply what we know from NGE to NME in this case?

Until the name gets mentioned, or at least strongly suggested - I'd say leave it out. We don't really know what's up with the Geofront right now (especially since 2I apparently featured a Black Moon of its own) and all the weird shit Shinji sees in descending to Terminal Dogma (or is it Central Dogma now? Anno, quit changing the fucking names) doesn't help matters.

Although, come to think of it, Terminal Dogma in NGE was weirder than fuck also. A giant hole in a ceiling covered in pink spatterpaint drops you into a sea of LCL filled with sharp spikes of ice or something that never appear in any other cut...wow, when I say it like that it seems like a really obvious metaphor for birth.
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

Hawq
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Hawq » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:18 pm

View Original PostAzathoth wrote:Bethany Base is in Russia somewhere, but crewed by Americans.
I'd say its in the Bering Strait, makes sense with the split of Russian & English signs & screens and American personnel (cant recall if we hear any Russians in the background in that part) also makes sense with it being at sea, not sure who has claim on that territory if anyone

qu4d
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby qu4d » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:29 pm

View Original PostHawq wrote:I'd say its in the Bering Strait, makes sense with the split of Russian & English signs & screens and American personnel (cant recall if we hear any Russians in the background in that part) also makes sense with it being at sea, not sure who has claim on that territory if anyone

Ha, i just wrote about that :P The DVD-booklet says that it´s located at the former North Pole.

So I would add the following...

Evangelion construction sites

NERV branch 01 - Golgatha
The first branch is also the main NERV headquarter. It´s located in Japan and run directly by NERV.
Construction site of Evangelion 00 and 01

NERV branch 02 - name unknown
The second branch is located in the USA and run by the american division of NERV.
Construction site of Evangelion 03 and 04

NERV branch 0X - Bethania
Bethania is located at the former North Pole and run by the european division of NERV.
Construction site of Evangelion 05.

NERV branch 0X - name unknown
Located in Germany.
Construction site of Evangelion 02.

SEELEs secret base - Tabgha
Tabgha is located on the moon and directly run by SEELE.
Construction site of Evangelion 06.

Any mistakes? Something to add?

Killer Bee
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Killer Bee » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:57 pm

I really, really like this thread. It must've taken forever to compile all of those screenshots.

View Original PostTwin Drive Sigma Aquarion wrote:Several things you forgot to mention:

4th Angel - Sachiel
5th Angel - Shamshel
6th Angel - Ramiel
8th Angel - Sahaquiel
9th Angel - Bardiel
10th Angel - Zeruel

For some reason, the Angels aren't given actual names like in NGE(except Lilith and the Adams).

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby bladerj » Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:56 pm

View Original PostTwin Drive Sigma Aquarion wrote:Several things you forgot to mention:

4th Angel - Sachiel
5th Angel - Shamshel
6th Angel - Ramiel
8th Angel - Sahaquiel
9th Angel - Bardiel
10th Angel - Zeruel

There's also no info on Unit 07. Otherwise nice summary.

Rebuild angels do not have names, only numerations.
ANATA BAKA !?

Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:28 pm

We still know it's the classic ones and we know their names so why care?
So depressed am I
Missing you I do TK
Gone from paradise

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:13 pm

Regarding matters of the Geofront, my thoughts are with Faz's:

View Original PostFazmotron wrote:Assumptions are always bad when dealing with rebuild, that's basically what I've been told by Reichu a few times.

Reichu has mentioned the same to me before too. -o-; (Mainly because I personally tend to assume Rei is still Lilith. Which yes, nothing has been said yet, but she does still have hell train/quantum physics wackiness going on. Kaworu I assume he's still Adam in some form--or at least an Angel--given the back of his entry plug having wings and his general...Kaworu-ness so far.)

By the way, NERV branch 02 and Eva-04 blowing up wasn't said or visually implied to have occurred in Nevada like in NGE?

And has anybody been adding this information onto the wiki yet? I haven't been able to find the time for it, but I do think it's all excellent information that should go somewhere... (There should be "in other media" pages for things like Nerv's branches, Angels, Eva and etc if they don't have such already.)
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Dirty Mick
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Dirty Mick » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:43 pm

View Original Postqu4d wrote:I´m gonna add the locations later today... but one questions before I do that.

Are we safe to assume the following? So would it be apply what we know from NGE to NME in this case?

The Black Moon
The Black Moon was the egg of Lilith, which landed on the earth 4 billion years ago causing the first impact. Lilith remained there, even when the Geofront was build inside the moon.

Lilith's moon really looks like an oversized ovum this time around. =X

qu4d
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby qu4d » Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:26 am

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:By the way, NERV branch 02 and Eva-04 blowing up wasn't said or visually implied to have occurred in Nevada like in NGE?

Hmm? I don´t really understand you here - like grammar like. Sorry, English is not my 1st language an I dont know what you are trying to say here :D

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”