Evangelion 2.22, BD/DVD

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:32 pm

The BD doesn't include the special features. You have to buy those separately, which I didn't.
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:50 pm

Whoa, wait wait. The special features are separate for the 2.22 (Japanese) Blu-Ray?! O_o I'm so glad I didn't buy it then.

Wow that's lame. I thought it was just some 2-disc feature, compared to the Hong Kong 2.22 Blu-Ray where they have separate discs.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:53 pm

Oh, I was just referring to the HK BD. Yes, every single trailer and teaser is included on the JP BD, even though many of them are practically identical.

insomniac
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby insomniac » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:58 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Sorry if I asked this before and I'm just having a brainfart: But does the trailers/promos section of the 2.22 DVD and BD contain that 2.22 Promo video (where "Wings NewCD" is playing)?

Thanks!

The R3 DVD has them all. And if you're talking about the 1.5 minute long DVD/BD promo video where the Evangelion 2.22 title starts out blurry, and then gradually goes into focus in the intro, they have that too.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:10 pm

Examining the HK 2.22 on my TV that apparently has better Super Bit Mapping technology than my computer, it doesn't look any worse than the 50 GB version. I'm sure if I were to pause it on certain frames the compression would be noticeable, but I wouldn't advise against buying the HK Blu-ray if you're worried about the 25 GB cut ruining anything. I'd only advise against buying it if you need the subtitles to be perfect.

Orpheus23
Embryo

hmmm

•      
  •      

Postby Orpheus23 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:15 pm

So...not to repeat anyone else...but when do y'all think we'll get an American release date for 2.0?

Killer Bee
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Re: hmmm

•      
  •      

Postby Killer Bee » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:00 pm

View Original PostOrpheus23 wrote:So...not to repeat anyone else...but when do y'all think we'll get an American release date for 2.0?

Probably Summer 2011, about the same time as 3.0 hits theatres in Japan. This is just general speculation, of course; we could be wrong. But I wouldn't expect news before September at the very earliest. Funimation still doesn't have the rights and 1.11 was only released five months ago.

facespace
Lilith

Re: hmmm

•      
  •      

Postby facespace » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:06 pm

View Original PostKiller Bee wrote:The general opinion is Summer 2011. We don't expect anything before then.

Ya rule of thumb is if it comes out in Japan, expect to wait a full year or two before it comes out in US. But if you can't wait you can always order it online and pay the import price.
PEWPEWPEW

flyingeagle666
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby flyingeagle666 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:23 am

Hey

Does the HK version play on UK ps3's

Its just I bought the US Evangelion blu-ray which is meant to be only Region A but is in fact Region AB and so works on my Region 2 UK PS3

I was wondering whether this is the same for the Hong Kong release?

Also I have the Italian LE for Evangeliuon 2.22 but there are no English subtitles, is there a weay of importing them from somewhere online and saving them on ps3, then play the bluray and use the external subtitles together?

thanks
Hello

Warren Peace
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Warren Peace » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:26 pm

Check out the current description of 2.0 on Netflix:

"Although the Second Impact has left the world in the grip of mecha aliens the Angels, Eva robots and their teenage pilots -- led by reluctant but intrepid Shinji Ikari -- maintain a sturdy defense in part two of the Evangelion tetralogy. Shinji faces an ever-advancing enemy and develops emotional ties with co-pilots Rei Ayanami and Asuka Langley Shikinami -- when he isn't mulling over the cosmic consequences of human-machine integration."

WHAT!? :lol: I didn't know 2.0 was a sequel to Battlestar Galactica...

Hatsumi92
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Hatsumi92 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:55 am

As bad as that description is.. It's also a really really good description.

AchtungAffen
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby AchtungAffen » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:51 pm

Well, Anno loved the new Battlestar Galactica. Might explain a few things on that description.
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

- Original activist against the lockers-that-be -

Warren Peace
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Warren Peace » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:23 pm

View Original PostAchtungAffen wrote:Well, Anno loved the new Battlestar Galactica. Might explain a few things on that description.

Oh yeah? Where did you hear that?

AchtungAffen
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby AchtungAffen » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:17 pm

Well, it's old now and I don't know if I'll find that. But I believe it was mentioned on Anno's HP. I got it, not long after BSG stopped airing, through either Minna no Eva fan or Eva Kinkyuu News. If you're that much interested I might try to look for it but might take me some time.
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

- Original activist against the lockers-that-be -

Shogo-Kun
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Shogo-Kun » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:54 pm

Yo! I just saw the US DVD cover art! Looks like we're getting the "near" Japanese treatment. Here's the link:
[url]http://www.amazon.com/Evangelion-2-22-You-Can-Advance/dp/B004EC5IV6/ref=pd_bxgy_d_img_c[/url]
NGE was a damned good anime
EoE was an anime masterpiece
And Rebuild is nothing short of epic
Long live the EVAs!!

AVATAR Oreo Nakamura, Light and Dark

flyingeagle666
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby flyingeagle666 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:57 pm

View Original PostShogo-Kun wrote:Yo! I just saw the US DVD cover art! Looks like we're getting the "near" Japanese treatment. Here's the link:
[url]http://www.amazon.com/Evangelion-2-22-You-Can-Advance/dp/B004EC5IV6/ref=pd_bxgy_d_img_c[/url]

Dont like it

I was hoping it would be similar to the Eva1.11 style. I already have the Japanese first press release and Italian LE. Japanese box is lovely. But I wanted the NA release to go with 1.11

I doubt this is the final design tbh, wait until it gets closer to release. They only released the final design for 1.11 a month before its release

edit: I checked the image out in more detail and it definitely doesnt look like an official package design, more like a GIMP, photoshop job
Hello

Clover
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby Clover » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:33 pm

View Original Postflyingeagle666 wrote:Dont like it

I was hoping it would be similar to the Eva1.11 style. I already have the Japanese first press release and Italian LE. Japanese box is lovely. But I wanted the NA release to go with 1.11

>localization company tries to match the quality of the Japanese release
>people don't like it

If this release has alternate angles, I might actually shell out money for it.

flyingeagle666
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby flyingeagle666 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:41 pm

View Original PostClover wrote:>localization company tries to match the quality of the Japanese release
>people don't like it

I already said I own the Japanese first press release

I love it, its why I payed so much for a brand new copy to be imported to the UK even though I dont understand Japanese

But I want a NA copy which goes along with their first release, they wouldn't look good together if the NA one has the Japanese design.
Also the quality of Eva1.11 NA is really nice, so its not like its still not great quality. I like the foil effect packaging and the card packaging is nice qulaity

I'd like it if most things were released with the special covers/ casing etc the Japanese are but when Funimation have already started something different with the NA Eva1.11 I want them to continue on with it, I dont see why that would be bad? Especially when imo the NA packaging is really unique and looks great.
Hello

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:58 pm

Aoba cheated out of a spot in the booklet yet again, I see. (Just like with the 1.11 booklet. ._. ) What's your film-strip of? :3

Anyway, I saw that cover-art today and I doubt it's the final release, too. The cover-art was only released a month or two before the DVD/BD was out, so that wouldn't change in this case.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

flyingeagle666
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby flyingeagle666 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:26 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Aoba cheated out of a spot in the booklet yet again, I see. (Just like with the 1.11 booklet. ._. ) What's your film-strip of? :3

Anyway, I saw that cover-art today and I doubt it's the final release, too. The cover-art was only released a month or two before the DVD/BD was out, so that wouldn't change in this case.

I wasn't too pleased lol, obviously I wanted a character or an Eva. But I guess I have to be greatful it was not a blank one like some people got lol

This is a screenshot I took

Its Shinji in the Eva-01, ok well you can see his leg lol
Hello

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”