Transformers 3: The Dark of the Moon

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Transformers 3: The Dark of the Moon

•      
  •      

Postby Guyver Spawn » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:37 pm

I search for this thread, and found nothing. Looks like we are getting another Transformers live action movie next year. Looks like Shockwave will be the main villain of the movie too.

Here recent photos taken from the Chicago set of Transformers 3

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/45814
Last edited by Guyver Spawn on Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xbox live gamertag: Guyver Spawn 27
PSN: Hellspawn28

Gamer137
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Gamer137 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:39 pm

I figured Megan Fox would stay. Turns out shes the first of the main cast to grow a brain and leave, much to a friend of mines disapproval. He's lost all reason to watch T3.

drinian
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby drinian » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:07 pm

View Original PostGamer137 wrote:Turns out shes the first of the main cast to grow a brain and leave

Michael Caine wrote:(about starring in 'Jaws: The Revenge') I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built, and it is terrific.

I have to wonder if her bluff got called in a salary dispute -- or whether she's not smart enough to take the money.

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Guyver Spawn » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:20 pm

I never like Megan Fox, and I'm gald she is gone. Looks like the movie is in 3D as well.

Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:58 pm

As long as it's actiony as the second I don't care about the humans.
So depressed am I
Missing you I do TK
Gone from paradise

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

•      
  •      

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:00 pm

View Original PostTwin Drive Sigma Aquarion wrote:As long as it's actiony as the second I don't care about the humans.

^ THIS.

Although, yeah, I'll miss the living eye-candy...
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Guyver Spawn » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:30 pm

The human characters are the key part of the story, but I think they can carry on the story without them though.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:19 pm

As long as it has robots fighting each other it will be good enough for me. Its just to bad Megan Fox is gone.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

MugwumpHasNoLiver
Erotic Humiliation
Erotic Humiliation

•      
  •      

Postby MugwumpHasNoLiver » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:54 pm

I wish Michael Bay would keep his gross, clammy hands off of our fair city. We have enough bad publicity as it is.
"Now, from Nature we obtain abundant information about ourselves, and precious little about others. About the woman you clasp in your arms, can you say with certainty that she does not feign pleasure? About the woman you mistreat, are you quite sure that from abuse she does not derive some obscure and lascivious satisfaction? Let us confine ourselves to simple evidence: through thoughtfulness, gentleness, concern for the feelings of others we saddle our own pleasure with restrictions, and make this sacrifice to obtain a doubtful result." -The Divine Marquis

"I agree Hans, but we have talked about those anal fisting analogies." -Werner Herzog

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:22 pm

View Original PostGamer137 wrote:I figured Megan Fox would stay. Turns out shes the first of the main cast to grow a brain and leave

Actually, she was fired. Then she said something to the effect of "You can't fire me! I quit!" It all depends on whether you want to believe Paramount Studios or Megan Fox. Geez, the pickings are slim!

Gamer137
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Gamer137 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:31 pm

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:Actually, she was fired. Then she said something to the effect of "You can't fire me! I quit!" It all depends on whether you want to believe Paramount Studios or Megan Fox. Geez, the pickings are slim!

Do I pick the media conglomerate or the actress I'm not fond of? Touch call.

tomrule123
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby tomrule123 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:39 pm

:headdesk: NOT AGAIN! After seeing TF2 (inconsistent story, innapropriate jokes and not-so-good acting. Yet, the battles are AWESOME!), there's no way I am going to see the third one. Will the third time be the charm? From the looks of it: nope.

drinian
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby drinian » Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:03 am

Whatever happened to Michael Bay taking time off to do a small art film, anyway?

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:38 pm

It finally looks like Hollywood is going to make a good movie for a change! I can't wait! It looks so awesome!
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Sepulcural Voice
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Sepulcural Voice » Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:26 pm

There is no way this one isn't gonna suck hard. Transformer 2 was hideous in how awful it was (even for a Michael Bay movie), even compared to the first movie - which still wasn't good, for those keeping score.

I anticipate the shitstorm that'll surround the movie, though.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:52 am

Knowing Michael Bay's preference to make awful sequels I can only dread how awful a trilogy capper can be.

So yeah. Fuck. This. Shit.

carla
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby carla » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:44 pm

mind you, if megan fox leaves the transformers franchise to work on stuff like jennifer's body and jonah hex, then i still kind of question her judgement. at least transformers is guaranteed to be big in the box office, regardless of how much the movie itself may suck. meh, it's not like she's that great an actress, anyway. it's pretty obvious exactly which aspects of her appeal to audiences.

personally, i wish they wouldn't make a third transformers movie. i liked the first one, but the second one was pretty blah IMO. admittedly i don't know much about the transformers other than the 80's (90's? i saw it in the 90's) animated series, but i really don't know where they can go after RotF.

is shia lebouf still going to be in this thing?
bittersweet ending: episode 24. the angels are gone and mankind is safe... but tokyo-3 has been ruined; Kaji is dead; toji is a cripple; kensuke, hikari, and their families have moved away, taking pen-pen with them; Asuka is catatonic; ritsuko is in prison; Misato is a nervous wreck; Rei is "the third one"; and Shinji is utterly broken psychologically after having to kill the only person who has offered him unconditional love in the course of the whole series. come the movie? don't worry! it gets worse! ~from the source of all wisdom in the world.

kNET | GAW | my graphics | my fanfics | re-deconstruct: the EVA rebuild fanlisting

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:10 pm

Yes. Shia is in it.

And to be fair, Michael Bay personally wrote the entire script for Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen. He's butchered the scripts other people wrote for him, sure. But in that film he got build on the foundation of his total butchery.

A lot of that was due to the writer's strike the year Transformers was supposed to start cranking out that inevitable sequel. And with no one willing to write something, Bay just thought "Writer just write what they know anyway, right? So it can't be that hard..."

Michael Bay wrote:Pointless up-skirts, seductive robot chick (for the Transformers fans...?), humping dogs (for the Beast Wars fans...?), robot heaven (so we don't feel all that bad for Jazz...?), kitty calendar kitty calendar kitty calendar, ect.

So if Bay hired other writers for 3, it's already a step in the right direction. It just won't make him, for his films, look any better.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:22 am

Don't hold your breath.

Three people wrote Transformers 2. Robert Orci & Alex Kurtzman returned from the original film (one that was specifically speared into production by Steven Spielberg, hence the emotional core of the film- a boy and his first car) and they delivered a script for Transformers 2 that while rushed, was apparently in tone with the first film. Michael Bay wanted to spice it up with more comedic relief characters so he hired Ehren Kruger, a studio yes man who had one decent script back in the 90s (Arlington Road), to come in and make it "BETTER". Hence the several racist new characters and things that just made no sense Orci & Kurtzman actually went public that they did not approve of the Twins from Part 2. They wrote none of their dialogue and those characters in no way appeared in their version of the script. Apparently they argued with Bay about these characters and how pointless and utterly superfluous they were.
Come Part 3 they're suddenly gone. Like Megan Fox they were dumped for having differing opinions. Ehren Kruger, the screenwriter who happily took a paycheck and gave the Twins "life" is now the sole writer of the screenplay.

Expect more of the same crap from Part 2 in this "Final Chapter" (until the Reboot in 2013). Only in 3D!

Shogo-Kun
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Shogo-Kun » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:11 am

I've lost all hope in Hollywood now... :raincloud:
NGE was a damned good anime
EoE was an anime masterpiece
And Rebuild is nothing short of epic
Long live the EVAs!!

AVATAR Oreo Nakamura, Light and Dark