Eva Action Figures (including Rebuild) [1]

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

Postby bladerj » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:27 pm

nice artwork, do you have a deviant page ?
ANATA BAKA !?

Killer Bee
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Everyone likes Mari! ...right?

Postby Killer Bee » Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:06 pm

Here everyone, have some Mari pictures.

dedguy
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby dedguy » Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:29 pm

bladerj: Nope, just the Flickr. I'm a commercial artist so my personal stuff like that I don't do nearly as much as I did. These days 1/6 scale modeling takes up most of my hobby time.

Killer Bee: RT or Figma? I don't have a lot of experience with either so I usually can't tell the difference.

Killer Bee
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Everybody loves Revoltech! ...right?

Postby Killer Bee » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:20 pm

View Original Postdedguy wrote:Killer Bee: RT or Figma? I don't have a lot of experience with either so I usually can't tell the difference.

Revoltech. I don't think the Figma has been released yet; September, I think?

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:35 pm

Question!?
Why are they so happy?

Sorry about the quality of the pic... Took it in a hurry...
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

dedguy
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby dedguy » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:47 pm

Answer: Breakdancing Party?

Shinies
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Shinies » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:16 pm

Answer: New kid on the block????

And I'll have to agree with dedguy, trading a bit of aesthetic from the hips for what I've hear is godly articulation seems like and excelent trade.

Sadly, we still don't have any articulated angel figures aside from the kubrick ones, though they may only be like 3 they would be appreciated.

dedguy
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby dedguy » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:53 pm

Evan the best 1/6 scale nude bodies which have some of the best articulation in figure form can't achieve the "Spider-Man" pose without it looking awkward. This to me is one of the hardest poses to achieve with any figure and is a real benchmark test for neck, shoulder, torso, hip, knee, ankle, and feet articulation.

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

Postby bladerj » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:10 pm

NUDE BODIES ! where can i find them ? no i mean really...i actually mean the blank ones i see acompany bandai suport, i never found manequins like those, only the usual type but i handled those and they are very limited.
ANATA BAKA !?

dedguy
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby dedguy » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:46 pm

I'm talking about sixth scale base bodies by companies like Hot Toys, Soldier Story, Sideshow, etc. They usually run $20-40 just for a body. 1/4 Ball Jointed Dolls often have even better and more natural range of motion, if not more natural body shapes. Those cost hundreds of dollars just for the nude body though.

This is a selection of a variety of different bodies from different manufacturers. I often use them for posing reference when drawing. It's usually faster to work out poses with a figure than yo sketch a bunch of different poses trying to get the right one.

Veering WAY off topic though. To kinda get on topic someone a few pages back talked about the Damashii being too expensive. Well when I'm paying $40 for a body that has no paint other than on the head and hands, and only comes with one extra set of hands as accessories $35 for a heavily accesorized 8" figure isn't too crazy. A boxed full clothed and accessoried 1/6 figure can be anywhere from $100 to well over $200.

insomniac
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby insomniac » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:51 pm

The 1/6 scale bodies sound good on paper, but in all honesty, they really aren't that great. And with the material they use on the plug-suits or certain clothing, the joints always rebounds back. (Or you risk ripping the stitching on the clothing by going too far)

As for the hips on the Robot Damashii's, you don't even notice it when you have it in a non-straight-standing pose.

I haven't tried the Spiderman pose before, I think I'll try it tonight. Too bad with Eva-00 being a Web-Exclusive, the chances of seeing a Unit-03 would be slim. I hope they do a Unit-01 Awakened Version after 'The Beast', I'm having trouble getting the Revoltech to have its legs fall down straight naturally, while floating.

Did anyone who brought the Awakened Revoltech get two of the same hands for the regenerated arm? I didn't notice it at first because most of the hands kind of look the same, but I think I might have gotten a defect...

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:00 pm

'Cuz they have some new toys!

The Bandai F-type Unit 01 and Unit 00 from Rebuild arrived last week, and I decided to assemble them... The A.W. Mastema and the Double Saw are WAY bigger than I though they would be... The Lance of Longinus and the Prog. Daggers are just fine...
The figures...? Well... I assembled Unit 01 without any further paint job... Unit 00, well, I only assembled the Lance...

Now... To more pressing matters: Anyone has a Rei Ayanami Fraülein (the very first one); a digital camera and willingness to cooperate?

insomniac
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby insomniac » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:47 pm

What do you need the first Rei Fraulein for?

ThirdEye
Embryo

Postby ThirdEye » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:12 pm

Thinking about getting the damashii eva 01 on amazon, but i want eva 02 also. Anybody know where to get one where I don't have to pay bullshit prices on ebay?(no eva 02 damashii on amazon)
The All Seeing

dedguy
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby dedguy » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:42 pm

You can still get it on BBTS but it's pre-order.

ThirdEye
Embryo

Postby ThirdEye » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:32 pm

View Original Postdedguy wrote:You can still get it on BBTS but it's pre-order.

Thanks! but i wonder why it's pre-order
The All Seeing

dedguy
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby dedguy » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:11 am

US suppliers, especially the bigger ones like BBTS tend to get their Japanese stock much later.

insomniac
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby insomniac » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:33 am

View Original PostThirdEye wrote:Thanks! but i wonder why it's pre-order

The pre-order would've been for the September re-issue of the figure, as I suspect the original batch in April would've been sold out by now.

Unit-02 is getting re-issued in August also.

I'd suggest pre-ordering them in advance on amiami, if you don't mind waiting and getting them at a more reasonable price.

http://www.amiami.jp/shop/?set=english&vgForm=ProductInfo&sku=TOY-RBT-1005&template=default/product/e_display.html

http://www.amiami.jp/shop/?set=english&vgForm=ProductInfo&sku=TOY-RBT-1046&template=default/product/e_display.html

ThirdEye
Embryo

Postby ThirdEye » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:07 pm

View Original Postinsomniac wrote:The pre-order would've been for the September re-issue of the figure, as I suspect the original batch in April would've been sold out by now.

Unit-02 is getting re-issued in August also.

I'd suggest pre-ordering them in advance on amiami, if you don't mind waiting and getting them at a more reasonable price.

http://www.amiami.jp/shop/?set=english&vgForm=ProductInfo&sku=TOY-RBT-1005&template=default/product/e_display.html

http://www.amiami.jp/shop/?set=english&vgForm=ProductInfo&sku=TOY-RBT-1046&template=default/product/e_display.html

I like that price on eva 02 :asuka_happy: Thanks!
The All Seeing

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:31 pm

I'm trying to make a pic (I couldn't find it) of Rei, covered in bandages, waist deep in orange water; with unit 00 kai behind her holding the Lance of Longinus in a scenario similar to that one of the Rei-Armisael contact with a creepy red moon in the (also red) sky... So I need someone to send me a pic of a Fraülein of Rei in a certain pose so that I can do my magic with my unit 00 and Photoshop... Can you inmsomniac (or anyone) help me?

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”