Interesting little details in 2.XX

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

•      
  •      

Postby ZapX » Thu May 27, 2010 11:41 am

View Original Postbladerj wrote:Anyone noticed Maya is using the same piece of cloth from mari skirt ?
I wonder if it was a lazy copy paste texture or a indication that Maya is a plant.

Yeah, I was talking about it in IRC yesterday, fanwanking about them being the same person. Another similar note of interest is that Mari, Maya, and Makoto all share the same kanji when written in the typical fashion. Likely a coincidence since the names are all written in katakana, but still interesting.

Or maybe, they're the 3 aspects of truth and genuinity (真)! Mari (真理), Maya (真耶), Makoto (真). Think about it. Mari and Makoto both wear glasses. Maya's blanket is the same as Mari's skirt...
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby bladerj » Thu May 27, 2010 11:55 am

Also, even though it was not animated, during the syncro test, Aoba is playing air guitar like in the series.
ANATA BAKA !?

Jinroh
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Jinroh » Thu May 27, 2010 1:05 pm

An "interesting" little detail that sucks, after her landing, in 2.22 they modified Mari's skirt. Looks better, "pantie"full, etc...

But in the previous shots she still has her 2.00 skirt. Looks bad.

Seph
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Seph » Thu May 27, 2010 1:29 pm

View Original Postarael wrote:Version 2.6.21.5 (???????)

Probably just a funny coincidence, but the Linux Kernel is at version 2.6.33 now. The last number indicates a minor patch.

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Thu May 27, 2010 1:53 pm

I'm probably the only here that cares about this.

On the way to the school there's a store that sells plastic models (プラモデル).

[URL=http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/1585/00173m2tssnapshot001938.jpg]Image[/URL]

I really hope Bandai makes more Rebuild model kits after Eva-02 comes out in June.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

hybridsoldier
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby hybridsoldier » Thu May 27, 2010 6:36 pm

On the calendar picture I'd like to play devil's advocate and put out that during the possible time of production (2008) it looks like the calendar would match up with Feb. 2008 :emogendo:

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Thu May 27, 2010 6:46 pm

View Original Posthybridsoldier wrote:On the calendar picture I'd like to play devil's advocate and put out that during the possible time of production (2008) it looks like the calendar would match up with Feb. 2008 :emogendo:

Except that 2008 was a leap year. Assuming that Feb starts on a Thursday, we're looking at Feb 2007 or Feb 2018.

sephirotic
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby sephirotic » Thu May 27, 2010 10:49 pm

I'm pretty sure that most people have noticed this too but no one mentioned in this topic,

Eva Unit 02 has RED blod in the 2.0 instead of BLUE like in the series.

I never really came with a good theory of why ONLY the 02 unit had blue blood on the series tough.

Another strange thing that i tought is how unit 01 has so much energy when goes in berserk/god mode in the movie even tought it needs an umbilical cable thus PROBABLY don´t having an S2 organ.

Ok, theres the theory, that i like in particular, that explain how the unit 01 could move in the series without power: By breathing, energy from oxigen NAD, and FAD decay ATP, etc... after all eva are organics.

However, energy through biochemical reactions shoudln´t be strong enough to generate that many energy that the cores used to expand the eva 01 fields with so much power we see in its awakening. Maybe the unit 01 already have a s2 in the 2.0?
-----------------------------------------------------
Re-watching Eva since 1999
-----------------------------------------------------

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

•      
  •      

Postby ZapX » Thu May 27, 2010 11:57 pm

Rei's invitation to Asuka reads "2号機パイロット様江” (To Ms. Unit 02 Pilot). I though it was a funny touch.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Fri May 28, 2010 12:48 am

Those things that popped out of the ground when the Evas were running to catch Sahaquiel that looked like a banking for Eva-01 to make a sharp turn without losing its momentum:

Originally, I had thought it was pretty corny that Nerv made some kind of banking mechanism that just happened to be used during an Angel attack. Ends up, it was just one of those improvised affairs thanks for Misato's quick thinking. They're actually some kind of (safety?) barriers and their deployment was timed just right so Eva-01 could use them as a banking, just like the raising of the buildings were used so Eva-01 could cover some vertical ground.

SaltyJoe
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby SaltyJoe » Fri May 28, 2010 1:58 am

View Original PostSeele 00 Text Only wrote:The 28th shown falls on a Wednesday; at the top you can see the blurry day-name markers, and knowing Wednesday is the longest one, we can make out the rest. The first column day here is Sunday. The next year when February 28th will fall on a Wednesday is 2018.

Oh poo, there goes my tragic-romantic sobstory. On the other hand, if this is really 2018, then that would mean Yui got sucked into Eva-01 the same year Shinji was born.
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it is too dark to read."

Seele00TextOnly
Phospholipid Bilayer
Phospholipid Bilayer

•      
  •      

Postby Seele00TextOnly » Fri May 28, 2010 2:17 am

Last edited by Seele00TextOnly on Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Legendary » Fri May 28, 2010 2:23 am

Considering how close to detail they've been, I really think the calendar is deliberate. Yui dying shortly after Shinji was born is extra-tragic.

Heromaster111
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Heromaster111 » Fri May 28, 2010 4:52 am

[URL=http://img215.imageshack.us/i/snapshot20100528044523.jpg/]Image[/URL]

This shot was added to right after Asuka's intro didn't notice it til i did a little comparisons with the camrip version. Sorry if this has been posted before.
Currently Playing-Battlefield:Bad Company 2 and SF4

Brutalman
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Brutalman » Fri May 28, 2010 5:57 am

There's (I think) a reference to the Gerry Anderson show Space: 1999 in the shape of the craft that Gendo and Fuyutsuki are in when flying over the Golgotha base. It has a strong resemblance to the Eagle landers from that series, where they were the standard spaceship for Moonbase Alpha.
Not exactly a gentleman.

losername
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby losername » Fri May 28, 2010 6:31 am

Not sure if this has been noted but did they add Pen Pen into the scene that shows Kensuke, Touji and Hikari evacuating to the shelters after the missiles are fired at Zeruel? I can't see him on the cam rip or remember him from 2.0 theatrical but he's certainly there in 2.22:

[URL=http://img401.imageshack.us/i/drawsevangelion222youca.png/]Image[/URL]

Not a detail but this shot of one of my favourite in the movie. The way Touji is shielding Hikari is cute and awesome.

EdZ
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby EdZ » Fri May 28, 2010 7:20 am

The 'Lance tugs' look similar to some of Stewert Cowleys work (remember the old TTA books?), with the large 'flared square' engine cowling being distinctive. Compare this book cover to the tugs. And the inter-orbit shuttle has the distinctive delta-heat-sinks of the 'dragonfly configuration' Discovery One (2001).

Helius
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Helius » Fri May 28, 2010 10:07 am

View Original PostOrnette wrote:Those things that popped out of the ground when the Evas were running to catch Sahaquiel that looked like a banking for Eva-01 to make a sharp turn without losing its momentum:

Originally, I had thought it was pretty corny that Nerv made some kind of banking mechanism that just happened to be used during an Angel attack. Ends up, it was just one of those improvised affairs thanks for Misato's quick thinking. They're actually some kind of (safety?) barriers and their deployment was timed just right so Eva-01 could use them as a banking, just like the raising of the buildings were used so Eva-01 could cover some vertical ground.

Yeah, those are blast shields, to be precise. Makes sense when stuff blows up all the time in Tokyo 3. :P

Personally I thought the EVA underground railway system was quite a cool and practical way to deploy the EVAs to any part of the city and outskirts. Makes you imagine how extensive the Nerv infrastructure is.

"Wars Begin Where You Will... But They Do Not End Where You Please."

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri May 28, 2010 10:34 am

Regarding the calender stuff: Back in 2007/08, Newtype and somebody from Kara (an original Gainax member, I forget his name. Might have been Otsuki or Kazuya.) claimed NME took place in the original series timeline. I'll dig up and post the sauce, though story concepts/ideas DO change with time.

That said, didn't Second Impact still take place 9/13, 2000? Or it wasn't stated yet?
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri May 28, 2010 11:06 am

Split for discussion about time considerations, maybe? There's probably a preexisting thread, too.

I'd do it, but I have to boogie and I know the tangent will escalate while I'm gone.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”