Evangelion Tarot Deck

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

TheMessiah
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby TheMessiah » Thu Jul 08, 2004 10:36 pm

yes actually

what did it for me was that naoko sabtauged(sp?) eva 01 to "kill" Yui
monstrum in fronte, monstrum in animo

Dave
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Dave » Thu Jul 08, 2004 10:40 pm

Naoko didn't get unit 01 to kill Yui, it was an accident. Naoko was just really happy that Yui died.
Beatus vir qui suffert tentationem.

chocomanji
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby chocomanji » Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:07 pm

Nephilim wrote:
chocomanji wrote:I definetly think you should hire Nephilim for anything mecha related...he rocks at that! ^_^

WOW :shock: i haven't posted any mecha drawings quiet, so dont asume that i rock on that, hehe :oops:

Okay....I guess I should have said "stripped" mecha...lol. You know what I mean... :P

Somnius Kenate
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Somnius Kenate » Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:13 pm

chocomanji: The cards that have been used as examples from www.learntarot.com were one of the first decks released. The Eva cards do not have to be mere clones of that deck with the people replaced, but as long as people can identify with the symbolism, you can make room for chances. Such as, Kaworu doesn't have to have a Grim Reaper outfit and Hikari doesn't have to be naked like the classic cards.

The only symbols I can think of are the name of the card, the roman numeral of the card, and the name of the Evangelion character. I have not yet talked to Asuka Langley about borders and the general font used on each card yet.

Nephilim: Naoko's card merely reflects bondage, hopelessness, and ignorance. You can see this in the classic-Waite deck because of the supernatural devil figure chaining two unknowing humans. But that isn't the only way to incorporate that idea. Another would be Naoko with marionette strings attached to Yui, Gendo, and Ritsuko. I wouldn't mind you altering things.

I am glad this forum is getting pretty popular! Also, any of the artists should PM me or IM me on exact ideas.

Asuka Langley
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Asuka Langley » Fri Jul 09, 2004 12:02 am

Aye, yay for Chocomanji who reminded me about the borders for the cards.
I meant to ask about that sooner.
Obviously they'd have to be the same for every card.
But things like that can be overlayed on top of the image after they're done.
We'd just need to find a standard template for the cards and such.

Have you any specifications for a border? It'd be cool if we had one that could just be pimped out to all the artists working on this.
We'll see whachu' got.

http://xrl.us/ccnh

Nephilim
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Nephilim » Fri Jul 09, 2004 12:47 am

I have a question:
All the characters have to be drawn in an usal aspect? or we have to change it for a more characteristic tarot aspect?

I ask this because i don't think that would be fine if some of us draw, for exapmple Shinji in his ordinary clothes, and other artis draw Asuka in a fancy magician costume to fit the card.

I think the best is to draw them with the usual clothing, but trying to fit them with the cards with the use of symbols.
*insert cool signature here*

Asuka Langley
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Asuka Langley » Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:07 am

I think we're trying to make them suit the card a little more.
Not too sure tho, since I only have one sketch done (Rei, The High Priestess) and she's all.... in a weird dress thing.
We'll see whachu' got.

Somnius Kenate
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Somnius Kenate » Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:52 am

Well, Rei would probably wear a blue dress in her real life. I just don't want the costumes to be too over the top to take away from the focus of the card. For example, Shinji dressed like Obi-Wan Kenobi with a big beard and cloak would be a little weird. But if it would be foggy outside and he was holding a lantern (ie searching for truth) that would be a little more acurrate.

Somnius Kenate
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Somnius Kenate » Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:47 pm

So...anyone want to check up on what they are doing?

Asuka Langley
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Asuka Langley » Thu Jul 15, 2004 11:43 am

What else did you want for the background of the Rei card? (Aside from the sky/water.)

I'd post a preview for you here, but unfortunately photobucket wont let me upload, so I'll have to send it to you at some point.

Edit: Scratch that. Here is what is done so far. Let me know what you want for the ground and the rest.
Thanks.
We'll see whachu' got.

Dave
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Dave » Thu Jul 15, 2004 1:30 pm

Wow Asuka that picture of Rei as a high priestess is good. :shock: If I could draw as good as you I'd be quite happy. :(
Beatus vir qui suffert tentationem.

Phaze
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Phaze » Thu Jul 15, 2004 1:36 pm

Judging by that image, I'm guessing you also did your sig pic.
Great work, her eyes seem a tad too high up though, probably just your style.
Not to mention this is the first time I've ever seen an Eva project actually make progress.
Last edited by Phaze on Thu Jul 15, 2004 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!

Asuka Langley
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Asuka Langley » Thu Jul 15, 2004 1:45 pm

Thanks to the both of you.
And the eye thing is probably how I draw. I tend to make smallish eyes for some reason.
(Oh ya, phaze, I did make the sig.)
Altho, if Somnius wants me to change that, I can make it more 'Eva styled'.
We'll see whachu' got.

Nephilim
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Nephilim » Thu Jul 15, 2004 2:30 pm

WOW :shock:
That's really something GREAT.
Oh, you are so good with the coloring !!!
I still have no idea what to draw !!!
I know that i have the talent, but i have no imagination :cry:
I hope that i can post soon some sketches.
*insert cool signature here*

Asuka Langley
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Asuka Langley » Thu Jul 15, 2004 2:39 pm

You? No imagination?? Pft!
I think you'd definately need imagination to draw those armorless Eva's.
You have both talent and creativity. ;)
We'll see whachu' got.

chocomanji
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby chocomanji » Thu Jul 15, 2004 5:58 pm

That is extremely beautiful, Asuka! Your cg coloring rocks! ^___^ Do you use a tablet at all? I was wondering, because I haven't done much with cg coloring, and what I have done was with the mouse. I also have some recent physical problems with my hands and was wondering if a tablet is less straining.

Out of all the cards, I really want to design The Star for a start. Somnius, if you have any opposition against that, or want me to start with another card, please tell me. ^^

With the outfits and scenery, for some characters I think their regular clothes would work the best, while more creative versions may be more appropriate for others. IMO, Hikari would be best in her school uniform because of details like her academic achievements which fit the card's significance. Since Kaworu really doesn't have any really distinct outfits in the series reflecting his real purpose and personality, I think tweaking his outfit with a darker tone may suit the card better (nothing over the top like him in a black hood holding a scythe O_O). As for The Lovers - TACTFUL NUDITY!!!!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Sorry I haven't really been around...some family things have come up...x_x

Asuka Langley
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Asuka Langley » Thu Jul 15, 2004 7:25 pm

chocomanji wrote:That is extremely beautiful, Asuka! Your cg coloring rocks! ^___^ Do you use a tablet at all? I was wondering, because I haven't done much with cg coloring, and what I have done was with the mouse. I also have some recent physical problems with my hands and was wondering if a tablet is less straining.

Thank you for the compliment : D

And yes, I have recently started to use a tablet. I was all about mouse until a few months ago. Depending on the problem with your hands, (I myself have a twitch+shakey problem) The tablet may or may not be better for you.
It does make things a lot less stressful, however.
I, personally, hated mine for a while because it was hard to get used to for me. I still kind of disagree with it. -_-
We'll see whachu' got.

TheMessiah
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby TheMessiah » Thu Jul 15, 2004 8:30 pm

yes, that picture is amazing. makes me want to check out you PB just to see if youve gotten anything else down XD

-another thing for Naoko over Keel in terms of being the devil

Naoko talks about having three faces/side

scientist
mother
woman
monstrum in fronte, monstrum in animo

Somnius Kenate
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Somnius Kenate » Thu Jul 15, 2004 10:59 pm

Heh, no mesages in 5 days, then a huge load of them at once. Okie dokie, that's fine by me.

Asuka Langley: Once again, it is awesome to see the evolution from sketch to fantastic art. Great job so far. I think the eyes look fine, it is like an interesting combination of anime and classic American cartooning. Let's see, I think the classic beach with the unusual rocks, or the NERV Pyramind in the background would be interesting. What do you think would look better?

chocomanji: The Star is traditionally a naked woman leaning over into water which represents purity and inspiration, but I do not think that would work well for her. I wouldn't mind talking to you in private about more ideas, it is just a lot easier that way on a IM service, if you are a member of one. And I agree with you. I am thinking a dark, gothic outfit for Kaworu. And of course they have to be naked!

Nephilim: Maybe you can do The Chariot? You are a very good artist, but if you feel more comfortable drawing mechs, then that would be great for you!

TheMessiah: I think that is another card that perfectly fits its person. Thanks for the idea again.

Asuka Langley
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Asuka Langley » Fri Jul 16, 2004 1:25 am

I'll try and work those ideas in and see which one looks a little more natural.
I'm gearing towards the beach thing tho, since the moon is kinda already in there.
And the bird/swan would be a little better explained near a body of water....
We'll see whachu' got.

Return to “Fan Works”