Share Your EVA Fan Art Here

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

driftking18594
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby driftking18594 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:12 pm

:lol: at Asuka's face.

Aurelian
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Aurelian » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:01 pm

Drift -They look both like upset zombies.

SPOILER: Show
There are two 05 (Gogoki). Although the 2 Evangelions present an appearance completly different with an independant mind, Russia Nerv referes to them as if they were one unique Evangelion, in fact they are part of one project.
Those Evas get called "Gogoki 1" and "Gogoki A", mostly for fun rather than for convenience since each of them have already a Russian name. Not sure how it is in the canon version , but since the Evangelion creation project started in Japan (I guess it is canon) , almost of those monsters receive their number in Japanese as a name so , according to the chronology of their creation all over the world. The Nerv organisations are supposed to keep their activities transparent to each others.
These names sound usually good or funny, and fit the creatures IMO.

In the picture, Gogoki A froze when a child arrived, then an other child came etc... She ended up to be an entertainement for a couple of hours and left when all the kids disappeared. (The funny (yet deserved?) careless side given to Russians.)
Gogoki A produces a lot of heat at certain moment, a welcome heater when it gets cold.
The kid on the ground is just staring at the static monster, wondering if the others are simply too idiot to be affraid of it.

Her design may change to make her fit better the aerial and marin field.This would involve at least shapes shifting. Her body is made to endure high-pressure zones.
Gogoki A is a very sneaky and quick on her motion (some of Sho's caracteristics), she is still capable to handle a fight (against a cat or Ni).

Ssss-

Your Nigoki has a great sense of self estime in batlle as much as Asuka does it seems. <.<
Could it result with some miracles?
To lean on a side , I would go with Nigoki. Being stuch to a plan that does not work? Fuck that. I could side Zero only if she is good to embrace Death's boarder without entering inside.
So many bird names exchanged between those Evas.
I imagine the Evangelions giving an estimation (more or less objective) rather than using insults when they deal with each others. They might use some insults against someone (humans) to make this person doing something specifical (such as living).
That scene where Zero and Ni are fighting was something I thought about yet triggered by different matters.
Note: During such confrontation, Zero would minimise the chance to brain damage Ni for obvious reason. (Just like Mr T never hit Murdock in the face.)
The way you imagine Zero dealing with Ni, this lack of softness is rather how I would imagine her to be/do.
As for the fight Yon / Ni, it is pretty much how I would imagine it. XD Except you made Nigoki very frustrated about her poor melee skills, while in my version, it is Asuka who is ashamed about "her Eva" being weak. I can imagine her beating up Shinji in front of "her" Eva (and Sho), just to show her how to fight. XD
I like the idea where the humans let the Evas dealing their own personal problems (providing they have some). Alpha Zero! What Zero wanted to point out could be learn without being directly...involved. Ni must be addict to day-dreaming, and Zero is her dreams breaker.

"Darling"? You imagine them more human than I do.
That Yon is good with nicknames (his american education I guess, the 2 USA Evas probably have a nickname too. Anyway he gave one for Asuka in my version (you will know later).
"Even your core thinks you deserved to have your ass kicked." Hahahahahahahahahaha! You can expect that from them!
I wonder why you made Sho so defencive for a simple touch (I'm not referring to the scientists' like touch).

You really see San like a caricature of the big, strong, brainless american soldier (hearingheavymetalduringbattletime).
"they are more… meaty than ours" , "they go BOOOM! Splat." Hahahahahahaha!

Thank you for these sequences of fiction!

Crazy eva
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Crazy eva » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:48 pm

Aurelian what would Eva unit 08 and Eva unit 13 look like?!? I can imagine unit 08 with the eight eyes :bigeyes: :lol:

Aurelian
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Aurelian » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:24 am

Asuka and Ni played Mass Effect online for a time. One day Asuka told Ni that she liked very much the Geth, they reminded her the Evangelions somehow.
She also confessed her hope that the Evangelions would never turn against Humans.
When Ni was for a time in Russia, inside their Nerv quarters, she had to participated on the improvement of Gogoki 1 programming (this Eva is partially robotic as it happens in the original version).
The nerd Eva had to quite Asuka for a time, but before this happent, she wanted to do something memorable for her friend. She built a Geth for her, a Geth who is waiting for a name from her.
Unlike the Geth in Mass Effect who are synthetic creatures, Ni's creation is "just" a robot.
Yet, the machine is capable of learning on its own now, it has access to Internet in order to improve its knowledge and therefore, comprehension. (I hope you disabled its access to tard websites such as 4chan, Ni. <.< )
Ni's Geth possesses Legion's original voice, facial expression ability and lack of humour. (Yon's personality is rather close to Legion at some point.)
Asuka is all "Holy-shit!" and Nigoki is very happy about it. She may have forgotten her Eva to suck so many melons in melee combat.

[I really liked Mass Effect for the alien species; Krogans, Salarians, Turians, Geth, even the Batarians, Vorchas and Quarians. It is funny to go for an AU that is also refere to our reality.]

Crazy-
I'm still not at the 8th , even less at the 13th Eva. For Eva 08 I started to think of its face though (and I may made this one a male just to give a pay backfor the ridiculous armor color they gave to him. Poor Eva. XD)

Aurelian
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Aurelian » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:39 pm

After his escape from JP Nerv, Cody* went to the boarder of Alaska where he could find a warm place among a secluded
familly.
His time of peace got interrupted by the arrival of his living nightmare; [s]Globulator[/s] Zero.
The presence of Zero in Alaska wasn't planned by the Nerv organisation at all and her absence had to be as short as possible.
Although she came unarmed, she came by her own to silence Cody; his escape JP Nerv could be done thanks to a discreet move from Nigoki. The nerdish Eva never informed anybody she was the one behind it but Zerogoki could figure out it was her.
Now the organisation is trying to find out who are the traitors, and one of the option is to find the stray Eva and get the information from him. Knowing the lack of bravery from Cody , Zero believed he would easily betray Nigoki.
Cody could feel the wrong intention from Zero and became extremely tense. He unconsciously presses one of his fist against the leg that she broke into pieces with so much delight during the time he was confined into JP Nerv quarters and forced to fight against her .
Zero counts on him to run away as he always do, (which is what he will do XD) so she could hunt him down, out of sight. She intends to make his body disappear without a trace. As for those 3 humans who could see her, she has a very low estime upon humans believe they will do nothing. The coming events will prove her wrong.

*He gets this name later.

[Note 1: If "Goki" stands for "demon"/"great demon" it fits well "evangelion", "angel" it feels so off to use these terms since there is nothing related a the bible event in this AU, as for "Dogma" it feels awkward as well so is the name of the organisation "Nerv".
Note 2: There should be trees all over the protagonists but I'm too much of a lazy fuck to draw them.]

Aurelian
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Aurelian » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:03 pm

Triple post!

Story:

Asuka came to Yon to inform him Ni would need his help within a hour. As answer , Yon gave her a positive sign.
He arrived in the working room where he would met Ni working along a team. He handled her a drink (No pepsi, Ni is a serious worker) and started to ask her why Asuka seemed to ignore that an Evangelion could recognize when someone is lying. (At a certain degre they can). Ni explained that she did warn her but Asuka refused to believe her, and accepted her proposition of a test as proof. A result of 15% of successful answer for Nigoki because Asuka was also cheating with the test by denying Ni's correct answers.

It wasn't hard for Ni to understand what Asuka was up to. She left a big mess on the working space when she moved away tools and supplies from a furniture to an other, to get herself a comfortable space inside "her" furniture. She pierced many holes to improve her chances to get a nice shot of Yon and Ni with the intention to show Shinji "HER" Eva is the one who could date the sole male Evangelion and not "his" Sho. Asuka's mind=>"Closserrr! Closseerr, damnit!"

Yon feels some dislike toward Asuka for being a highy capricious and selfish being and for her dirty habits to try to control other's life, it is what some of his comrades tried to do with him for years and with time it became very irritating for him. (Ssssome's idea of a poor persecuted, (limit) bullied, Yon. XD)
The negative feeling comes also from the fact that even if Asuka lived with one of them for a years, she still manages to show a great ignorance about Evangelions' nature.
Since that day, Yon ironically named Asuka; "The cupid from Hell".

[When I imagine Yon's voice, I'm still keeping to imagine it would like the argonian males of Skyrim. Note: 1) Yongoki's head and color changed a bit. 2 ) The ears are much more apparant on the Evangelions.
It shows a relation type that should have been human rather than alien.
I can imagine Ssssome gushing "still NO ACTION!"

I've created a tumblr* account where I will post my farts.
http://unrealien.tumblr.com/ for who are interested to watch.
I think I will keep to post pics related to NGE here.
*a pain in the ass to use. ]

elemileTLDR
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby elemileTLDR » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:14 pm

@Aurelian

They're all great: very cinematic, with all that framing, angled shots, characters' theatrical placement, scorzo... I could never come up with similar compositions myself. You say you rarely use sources, so: how do you put them together? would you say you've had some major influences?
xϵ{0,1} ; PI: x²=x ; PNC: x(1-x)=0 ; PEM: x+(1-x)=1 —Boole
If our gods and hopes became scientific matters, why wouldn't our love as well?...
I offer you a scientific Eve. Chimere by chimere, sin by sin.
—V. De L'Isle-Adam

Aurelian
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Aurelian » Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:35 am

So far I can tell I almost never used sources for the composition. (Only when I was around 14 years old , I could find several pretty picture I wanted to reproduce). The idea to ease it by using a source in my mind more than once though.
What you see is mostly the result of logic and memory (as I told to Reichu). For the composition and fitting position , effects/intereactions ( clothes way to fold, position, body expression etc).
Sometime I use a model as reference to complete what I wanted to do (such as the details and more accurate shape of the Geth , how many strafes does he have? where? Anything I missed while I used nothing for Nigoki , Asuka and the...is there a background? ).
For the last drawing, I wanted to give Yongoki clothes that a military person would use while they are off duty but still stay in the military base, or close around. Since I don't know much about how it is in there. I ended up to give him what my memory remember from random series/movies (when I still watched TV) where are displayed US army soldiers.

Why it is so cinematic is because an entire scene is produced in my mind allowing me to imagine a moment with a before and after sequence done by taking the "skin" of each protagonists (of course with their personality). This participate on giving some subtil detail (not particulary related with what clothes and co, but the position of the protagonists and some trace of events that happen before, possibly an idea of an after.)
Before to draw I select the most meaningful moment of that scene (or the one I wish to draw , simply) then I choose and angle view that fits best the atmosphear I want to represent.

Not sure if it was clearly explained but now you've an idea of how I usually proceed.

Thank you for your comment.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:09 am

I don't have much to say, Aurelian, but I'm still loving them! Please keep posting them here! :pray:
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Aurelian
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Aurelian » Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:17 am

That would be a shame to let the Lilims dominating this quarter once again!

Ssssome
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Ssssome » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:30 pm

Aurelian. DAMN RIGHT.

elemileTLDR
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby elemileTLDR » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:39 am

@Ssssome

Yet, my milkshake is better than yours.
xϵ{0,1} ; PI: x²=x ; PNC: x(1-x)=0 ; PEM: x+(1-x)=1 —Boole
If our gods and hopes became scientific matters, why wouldn't our love as well?...
I offer you a scientific Eve. Chimere by chimere, sin by sin.
—V. De L'Isle-Adam

EvaBrothers
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby EvaBrothers » Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:33 pm

Aurelian! :D Please keep those wonderful pieces of artwork coming! They're gems... just like your and Ssssome's stories ;)
~ Luana Spinetti ~ [email protected] (Email)
Note: I'm no longer the author of the fanfiction "Eva Brothers from Cybertron". I passed authorship to a friend (Lia Dospetti) who's turning it into her own work, while still maintaining homages to NGE and Transformers, as well as Star Trek. I still draw the artworks, though, and I have some fragments of the old fanfic here.

Aurelian
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Aurelian » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:59 pm

Gogoki 1
(named "Алекса́ндр" , "Alexander" in english) is a semi-robotic creature (just like their OV counterpart), but unlike him, they are not simply a "provisional" element, in the contrary; they are meant to serve for divers tasks thus they're very versatile and their body parts are customizable.
The creature's body requires a huge amount of energy to run, their core is permanently very active and always remains visible. (Cute blood color core).The triangular device on their back is also a source of energy that was installed to support/assist the core on its labor. (Not sure what is its use in the OV.)

This "Evangelion" is probably the closest case to the original ones.
It is unclear if they're sentient for the creature does not show much sign that would demonstrate it. Yet sometime it reacts rather retardly (Made in Russia + Nigoki's touch) in a discreet way.
Aleksandr is the biggest Eva (for now)in this AU. I draw Zerogoki (2.96 m for about 800 kg) near them so you could have an idea of their size.
They have no gender, but were female at the base. Their body has been intensively altered.

[Without to know the country of origin of the OV Gogoki, I chose it to be Russian because those guys are good to make high performant machines with no finition (half-assed) which is quite the caracteristic of Gogoki.
The design was inspired from the arthropode alien "Arachnoid" of Serious Sam 3 but I like the 360° rotational ability of articulation of the original Gogoki limbs.
Note: Gogoki A's name is "Саша" (eng: "Sasha") . "Алекса́ндр" and "Саша" have the same meaning, meaning that fits their purpose.
"Alexander" sounds bulky while "Sasha" sounds sneaky , that was an easy fitting choice of names to me.]

Ssssome: Couldn't go for a bigger police could you ? XD

Elemile: My hair changed to clear blonde, could it be the effect of your reply that I still try to compute or is it my milkshake's cap that was not correctly closed when I used it?

EvaBro: I will. I hope to see some of your drawings too.

Aurelian
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Aurelian » Sat May 04, 2013 1:34 pm

From one of Ssssome's fanfics.
(If you did not read this fanfic , you may not get much from this gibberish below.)

The personality of 4xSome's "Evas" changes a bit from mine so it is an adaptation rather than a faithful "illustration" of that fic.
Zerogoki engages a fight against Nigoki to give her a deterrent punishment rather than a lesson to let Nigoki acknowledge her limits as she already knows hers (in my version).
Zero did not accept that Ni risked her life to save her, for multiple reasons.
Unlike the other "Evas", Ni was not built nor trained to deal with strong physical pain, she can not handle them well at all so what Zero did to her had its chance to reach its goal.

What I like with that duo is that even if they are in complet inadequation they understand each other. It does not prevent them to enter in conflict, they are way too stubborn to avoid that problem.

About that weird looking scar taking the lenght of Zero's neck, it is the result of the "Angel" when it tried to deliver a final blow to Zero. It attempted to break her head off from inside,passing through the weaker paths of her body's structure to reach the vital parts of it. The process was interrupted by Nigoki's "displaced" intervention.
Nigoki may not have expected any gratitude from Zero, but she did not expect such harsh sanction either.

Not much detail on the face of the character behind but it is Misato. Among the "spectators" she was the one who could have stop Zero with a simple order yet she prefered to leave those warriors resolve their dispute their own way.

LeoXiao
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby LeoXiao » Fri May 17, 2013 4:58 am

Time to return some (in)sanity to this thread:

PROJECT: A Rei A DAY
Terms: Draw a Rei picture every day, even if only a sketch, until master of Rei[p].
Why Rei?: I used to prefer Asuka to Rei, but Q changed my mind on this matter.
Why draw so many?: Practice makes perfect.

Without further ado, I present the first in the Rei series:

EDIT: Now in better quality

And an alternate version.

Last edited by LeoXiao on Wed May 22, 2013 4:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Fri May 17, 2013 3:49 pm

View Original PostLeoXiao wrote:Time to return some (in)sanity to this thread:

PROJECT: A Rei A DAY
Terms: Draw a Rei picture every day, even if only a sketch, until master of Rei[p].
Why Rei?: I used to prefer Asuka to Rei, but Q changed my mind on this matter.
Why draw so many?: Practice makes perfect.

Without further ado, I present the first in the Rei series:

And an alternate version. Did I mention that I hate my camera?

Wow, that is pure awesomesauce! I love it when people do fanart the "real" way, with paper and pens as opposed to on the computer (nothing wrong with digital art, just preference). I recommend you get a decent scanner. you'll get better results than you ever would with a camera.

Also, I know it's not really art per se, but I used this programme (shown to me by Lavinius) to do a few custom Evangelions. I know it's really just a digital colouring book, but meh, I like 'em.

Unit 02-Eva Et Salome version:

Unit 03-2 (custom Evangelion invented for Eva Et Salome):

My DeviantART profile is here if you want to leave a comment.

Anyway, what do you think?

Also, I'd be interested to see your results of mucking about with the Eva Maker!
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

GrummanCat
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby GrummanCat » Sat May 18, 2013 10:49 am

View Original PostAurelian wrote:Image

Asuka and Ni played Mass Effect online for a time. One day Asuka told Ni that she liked very much the Geth, they reminded her the Evangelions somehow.
She also confessed her hope that the Evangelions would never turn against Humans.
When Ni was for a time in Russia, inside their Nerv quarters, she had to participated on the improvement of Gogoki 1 programming (this Eva is partially robotic as it happens in the original version).
The nerd Eva had to quite Asuka for a time, but before this happent, she wanted to do something memorable for her friend. She built a Geth for her, a Geth who is waiting for a name from her.
Unlike the Geth in Mass Effect who are synthetic creatures, Ni's creation is "just" a robot.
Yet, the machine is capable of learning on its own now, it has access to Internet in order to improve its knowledge and therefore, comprehension. (I hope you disabled its access to tard websites such as 4chan, Ni. <.< )
Ni's Geth possesses Legion's original voice, facial expression ability and lack of humour. (Yon's personality is rather close to Legion at some point.)
Asuka is all "Holy-shit!" and Nigoki is very happy about it. She may have forgotten her Eva to suck so many melons in melee combat.

[I really liked Mass Effect for the alien species; Krogans, Salarians, Turians, Geth, even the Batarians, Vorchas and Quarians. It is funny to go for an AU that is also refere to our reality.]

Crazy-
I'm still not at the 8th , even less at the 13th Eva. For Eva 08 I started to think of its face though (and I may made this one a male just to give a pay backfor the ridiculous armor color they gave to him. Poor Eva. XD)

WOW! I know I'm late to the post, but your image of Asuka is really haunting yet beautiful! Love the way you draw her!
PLEASE check out my alt-universe EVA fan comic "EVA-303"!
https://eva-303.blogspot.com/

https://www.deviantart.com/eva-303

GrummanCat
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby GrummanCat » Sat May 18, 2013 10:58 am

I have some stuff to share from Chapter 11 of my webcomic. It turned out to be one of the biggest chapters I've done, so a lot of stuff came out.

The chapter itself is now over in the EVA-303 thread in the fanfics section.

Here is the cover page

PLEASE check out my alt-universe EVA fan comic "EVA-303"!
https://eva-303.blogspot.com/

https://www.deviantart.com/eva-303

LeoXiao
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby LeoXiao » Wed May 22, 2013 4:34 am

Here's Rei 2. Reis 3 and 4 are at currently 90 and 30 percent completion, respectively.

Maybe she looks too much like Yui?

Also, I should make the disclaimer that no, these are not my original pictures. I am merely copying the work of prior artists while making small modifications (mostly downgrades). This is a learning exercise.

View Original PostSquigsquasher wrote:Wow, that is pure awesomesauce! I love it when people do fanart the "real" way, with paper and pens as opposed to on the computer (nothing wrong with digital art, just preference). I recommend you get a decent scanner. you'll get better results than you ever would with a camera.

Gotcha, I have incidentally discovered that I had a scanner all along.

Also, thanks. I have a tablet and everything but in my hands it's useless for everything except colouring, which the computer is great for. OTOH, coloring stuff by hand is really fun, it gives me a sort of childish feeling. But it's easy to mess up if you aren't careful and don't check to make sure the color or pencil type is the right one for the job. There is also the problem of not having enough different colors available.

Also, I know it's not really art per se, but I used this programme (shown to me by Lavinius) to do a few custom Evangelions. I know it's really just a digital colouring book, but meh, I like 'em.[/quote]
Hm. I'll have to consider it if I ever do anything with Evangelions in it.

View Original PostGrummanCat wrote:I have some stuff to share from Chapter 11 of my webcomic. It turned out to be one of the biggest chapters I've done, so a lot of stuff came out.

The chapter itself is now over in the EVA-303 thread in the fanfics section.

Here is the cover page

I quite like it. btw, I tried reading your comic but for some reason like half the pages fail to show up. Quite frustrating.

Return to “Fan Works”