(Second) Evas vs. Angels Design Contest! (Afterthoughts)

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

Holy Diver
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby Holy Diver » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:58 am

Hoshikawa-kun...

Thats incredible. I'm blown away by such a unique concept. Hell, even its destruction was pretty impressive. I also like how you took actual science into account when designing your Angel.

Thats gonna be a hard one to defeat, my fellow Eva designers.
Deus Io Vult! (God wills it!)
"Get your ass in gear!" Asuka

"Catdog has an S2 engine in his stomach. He does not need to eat, and whatever he does eat is reacted with antimatter to provide endless energy." Ruthlessly stolen from anon.

Agentomega
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Agentomega » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:27 am

Indeed... That blew me away.
Avatar: Rhoe Amariyo (© 2010-2014 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. FINAL FANTASY X|V)
Karigane Shirou in LoL's RP - Rebuild of Evangelion: We Are (Not) Together
"'I was a nerd before it was cool' ~Agent" ~Lance of LoL

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:36 am

This is probably the most inventive Angel idea I've ever seen on this contest. We've had flaming chainsaw-sword Angels, yin-yang Angels, spectral grim-reaper Angels, multistage super-duper-Angels, jumbo-plant-gro Angels, humanoid Angels, devilish uber-intelligent Angels, super-logical geometrical Angels, but never an Angel that consisted of a neutrino with an electron cloud surrounding it. Simplicity in itself. :smirk:
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

ran1
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby ran1 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:30 am

Hoshi rocks the house

10/10

The attention to detail was tremendous! I honestly felt like I was reading Gainax-endorsed material. Excellent work :)
Punished "Venom" Ran1
Vanity of Vanities
Every post in Evageeks automaticaly becomes masturbatory material. It's nothing new. ~Justcrazyguy
Ran's persistent irony is a coping mechanism he uses to try and create some understanding of his paradoxical attraction to and disgust of the elitist bourgeois slaughterhouse in which he's forever trapped. --Muggy

Formless One
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Formless One » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:32 pm

Well, that's a creative idea. Stopping an angel without the use of an Eva is always good for buisness. A few things to note, though:

1. Nutrinos already travel at near the speed of light, and are notorious for not interacting with matter-- it could fly through lightyears of solid lead without stopping or doing anything to it. Millions of nutrinos coming from the sun fly through your thumb every second and you won't ever notice them. Unfortunately, this means Mazael's main attack shouldn't do anything to an Eva, let alone the geofront unless we assume all the damage comes from its AT field rather than its mass.

It would make more sense if it had been composed of a single atom rather than a single neutrino-- especially since atoms already naturally attract electrons. Atoms accelerated in particle accelerators not only carry tons of energy, but due to e=mc^2 they also have as much mass and momentum as a semi-truck speeding down a highway. That's the difference 7 orders of magnitude makes.

2. With an AT field and a shell of electrons surrounding it, it should be able to fire particle beams made up of electrons, i.e. lightning discharges (was this your intention? I'm not entirely sure).

3. Speaking of AT fields, why didn't Unit 02's AT field disrupt the angel's? I mean, without an AT field this is going to be one fragile little sucker thanks to its small size and mass.

4. One of the most amazing discoveries about neutrinos is that they change type as they travel in a predictable pattern-- that's why all neutrinos detected on earth are of one type (because they change to that type consistently while traveling from the sun to the earth). So defeating it won't be as easy as "fire the right kind of nutrino at it."

5. 300 workers? What, did it set off a nuclear blast or something? You would think Nerv would have safety protocalls for when angels attack. That sounds like one of the worst industrial disasters of all time. Of. All. Time.

6. If you didn't want to use an atom, you could have used some other kind of exotic particle like a mini black hole or a stranglet. Just saying.

7. Lastly, one must wonder how an angel so small is able to think and act at all. Maybe its real body is contained in the Dirac ocean.

So, you have a nice high concept angel here, but a little more research would have done a lot to improve it in my opinion.
[/opinion]
[size=75]My (fan-)fiction [color=blue]

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:59 pm

Excellent work, Hoshikawa-kun! I like the way you think.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Hoshikawa-kun
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Hoshikawa-kun » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:03 pm

View Original PostFormless One wrote:2. With an AT field and a shell of electrons surrounding it, it should be able to fire particle beams made up of electrons, i.e. lightning discharges (was this your intention? I'm not entirely sure).

Those electrons are Mazael's actual thoughts and brain, so firing particle beams made of them would be like cutting open your head and throwing gray matter as an attack.

3. Speaking of AT fields, why didn't Unit 02's AT field disrupt the angel's? I mean, without an AT field this is going to be one fragile little sucker thanks to its small size and mass.

Attacks of sufficient force are capable of piercing AT fields, and Mazael was able to do just that. Lilith's AT Field is known to be one of the two strongest in the series(episode 26, it's the only thing capable of canceling out Kaworu's) so only Lilith was able to break the AT field.

4. One of the most amazing discoveries about neutrinos is that they change type as they travel in a predictable pattern-- that's why all neutrinos detected on earth are of one type (because they change to that type consistently while traveling from the sun to the earth). So defeating it won't be as easy as "fire the right kind of nutrino at it."

Mazael's neutrino is a majorana fermion, meaning it is its own antiparticle. If it meets an identical particle it will annihilate, which is what NERV-02 did when they loaded it into the particle accelerator.

5. 300 workers? What, did it set off a nuclear blast or something? You would think Nerv would have safety protocalls for when angels attack. That sounds like one of the worst industrial disasters of all time. Of. All. Time.

I didn't explain this in the description itself, but at the speeds Mazael is traveling at it's leaving behind plumes of plasma with every movement. Those 300 workers were killed by a combination of the massive plasma plume Mazael is leaving behind in that instance, and its aftereffects(partial destruction of NERV HQ's pyramid structure causing big heavy things to fall on little fleshy people)

6. If you didn't want to use an atom, you could have used some other kind of exotic particle like a mini black hole or a stranglet. Just saying.

Pfffft stranglets are for German biochemists.

7. Lastly, one must wonder how an angel so small is able to think and act at all. Maybe its real body is contained in the Dirac ocean.

Its mind is the electron cloud surrounding the neutrino. This is why I referred to Mazael as being 'lobotimized' after Lilith-Rei broke its AT field and the electrons were conducted away from the neutrino; it's literally just had its brain sawn off, and at this point they're just disposing of a corpse to be safe. Though, I think the Dirac sea has become EGF's version of 'a wizard did it'...

But, thanks everyone! :D It was a real pain to get these finished(my computer got hit with Antivirus Pro in the middle of the design process and had to be reimaged x_X ) but it was worth it in the end.

There's actually a little pun with Mazael in that the mass part of its name can either refer to matter or a liturgical mass, so I threw in the requisite nonmeaningful religious symbolism :D

Formless One
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Formless One » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:40 pm

View Original PostHoshikawa-kun wrote:Those electrons are Mazael's actual thoughts and brain, so firing particle beams made of them would be like cutting open your head and throwing gray matter as an attack.

Uh, kid, that doesn't actually change anything. The same mechanism that holds those electrons together and controls their flow to make a brain (the AT field, I presume?) can still be used to take electrons from the environment/atmosphere and fling them as electrical discharges, all without using the specific electrons that make up its "brain" (we'll ignore for a moment the Uncertainty principle which makes such a brain impossible at these scales). Furthermore, if that mechanism IS the AT field, why doesn't it use that as a weapon? It wouldn't be the first angel to do so.

See, this is why you should have went with an atom, mini black hole, or some sort of stranglet. All three of those should, in theory or in fact, draw together electrons naturally AND have far more mass than a neutrino. Then you wouldn't need to have such a strong AT field to hold the thing together; the electromagnetic force is quite strong enough for your purposes.

Attacks of sufficient force are capable of piercing AT fields, and Mazael was able to do just that. Lilith's AT Field is known to be one of the two strongest in the series(episode 26, it's the only thing capable of canceling out Kaworu's) so only Lilith was able to break the AT field.

Its AT field can only be pierced by Lillith. *dead silence*

Well, that's self congratualtory enough I don't think it really needs commenting on.

Mazael's neutrino is a majorana fermion, meaning it is its own antiparticle. If it meets an identical particle it will annihilate, which is what NERV-02 did when they loaded it into the particle accelerator.

:facepalm: Neutrinos do not work that way. They are THE most stable non-massless particles known to man. That they are their own anti-particle does not mean what you think it means-- they aren't like matter and anti-matter. When a neutrino meets another neutrino, nothing happens because they don't interact with each other. Photons are their own anti-particles too, I should note.

On the other hand, a proton (one of the two particles that makes a nucleous, the other being the neutron which is also its own anti-particle) anihillates when it meets a positron, which is why anti-matter goes boom when it meets matter. Again, a little research will take you far.

I didn't explain this in the description itself, but at the speeds Mazael is traveling at it's leaving behind plumes of plasma with every movement. Those 300 workers were killed by a combination of the massive plasma plume Mazael is leaving behind in that instance, and its aftereffects(partial destruction of NERV HQ's pyramid structure causing big heavy things to fall on little fleshy people)

Again, neutrinos do not work that way. It bears repeating that neutrinos NATURALLY move at relativistic speeds, and that billions of them pass through your body every second. Meanwhile the electron shell could be smaller and less massive than a single cell in your body and work for the purposes you want it to work for (well, not really, but again lets just ignore the Uncertainty principle for a moment), but if it is interacting with the environment enough to make plasma its certainly NOT going to be useful as a brain, and there would be no reason for this thing to not be shooting electrical discharges as a weapon.

On the other hand, an atom/stranglet/mini-black hole surrounded by an abnormally large shell of electrons and an AT field will tend to throw off all kinds of radiation as it zooms through the atmosphere which would indeed kill lots of people-- but not hundreds of them. Any decent military or industrial facility (say a nuclear power plant or Cheyenne Mountain) that is expecting attacks or potentially desasterous accidents will see to that. Nerv counts as both.

Pfffft stranglets are for German biochemists.

Wow, you can't make up ignorance like this.

Its mind is the electron cloud surrounding the neutrino. This is why I referred to Mazael as being 'lobotimized' after Lilith-Rei broke its AT field and the electrons were conducted away from the neutrino; it's literally just had its brain sawn off, and at this point they're just disposing of a corpse to be safe. Though, I think the Dirac sea has become EGF's version of 'a wizard did it'...

So is the AT field and Particle Wave Matter. Point is, it makes sense In Universe because there is a precidence you can fall back on. Your idea... doesn't.
[/opinion]

oOoOoOo
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby oOoOoOo » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:29 pm

Wow, please don't expect this much science from my entries. O_o My brain has been tanged.
~ O-chan is soooo 2D right now.

TheAyanamiOtaku
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby TheAyanamiOtaku » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:38 pm

Formless One wrote:INTENSE CROSS-EXAMINATION

I'M SCREWED
Rei: I'm not your puppet.

The Allied States of Syraneen

BeoX2
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby BeoX2 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:05 pm

View Original PostoOoOoOo wrote:Wow, please don't expect this much science from my entries. O_o My brain has been tanged.

Seriously, cut the guy some slack, Formless. It's for fun. For me, saying "a wizard did it" sounds fine. That's some really complicated shit, and little mistakes don't take away from how cool the Angel is.
"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with his experience."

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:31 pm

Even I was thinking of pointing out how real neutrinos behave in a follow-up post, but considering just how heavily dependent the series is upon rubber science, I decided to cut Hoshi plenty of slack. Evangelion is heavily dependent on using real-world scientific terms to make things "sound scientific" - the talk about Gauge Particles and Proton Decay in the Shamshel fight, and all the markings in Rei's room, for instance.

FO- this series rates as pretty soft on the Science Fiction hardness scale, so being overly critical of the science doesn't really help.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

AyrYntake
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby AyrYntake » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:52 pm

Wow, the debates that go on while I'm away. I haven't read through the whole walls of text, but I will pick you up on this:
View Original PostFormless One wrote:3. Speaking of AT fields, why didn't Unit 02's AT field disrupt the angel's? I mean, without an AT field this is going to be one fragile little sucker thanks to its small size and mass.

We already know that the relationship between ATF strength and size isn't a direct one, and even if you DO subscribe to that opinion we've had more than our fair share of anomalies (Tabris, Matarael, Zeruel; Sahaquiel's was overcome by THREE Evas when it's size could easily have contained ten of them, or more.)
Oh, and uh, Formless One? [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antineutron[/url]
Besides, the name "Majorana fermion does seem to indicate, with my limited knowledge of fermions, that Pauli exclusion is being obeyed and as such this attack will have SOME stopping power (loosely used term is loosely used) rather than just going through stuff without interacting.
Anyway, I'll hold back on criticizing the critic. Hoshikawa-kun, nice work! Good creativity and some BIG ideas that can be developed on there. I do wonder slightly why you immediately downed your own Eva design straightaway, rather than letting it see some action, but that's up to you I guess. :shrug:
What I feel would've been a GREAT addition to this design would be some pictures of the whole sequence. Spontaneously combusting buildings? Railgun-style acceleration attacks? Even...a particle accelerator under NERV? Any one of these, seen as an actual image, would have blown me away and added immensely to your presentation.
As it stands, though, a wonderful notion that ranks high with what we've seen. Well done!
Cirrus, Socrates, particle, decibel, hurricane, dolphin, tulip

Formless One
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Formless One » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:51 pm

Just to be clear, I'm fine with soft sci-fi. But I am of the opinion that trying to pass off soft sci-fi concepts as plausible or getting too far into the details of said concepts shouldn't be covered by the MST3K mantra (watch any episode of Star Trek Voyager and see why). Also, I DID say I thought his idea was a nice high concept angel. I'm not trying to be harsh, debate, or make an ass of myself here, I'm trying to show how he could improve his writing. If he doesn't want the advice, I won't give it. Its his loss.

Besides, think about it: I was suggesting things like "make it a mini-black hole rather than a neutrino" and "just have its main body be stuck in the dirac ocean". Those aren't exactly what you would call "hard sci-fi" suggestions. :)

AyrYntake wrote:Besides, the name "Majorana fermion does seem to indicate, with my limited knowledge of fermions, that Pauli exclusion is being obeyed and as such this attack will have SOME stopping power (loosely used term is loosely used) rather than just going through stuff without interacting.

Right, neutrinos do occasionally interact with ordinary matter. That's how we know they are there. However, we aren't talking about nuclear level energy transfer or anything here. Not by a lightyear.

Also, my mistake with regards to neutrons. :)

@ UrsusArctos: Three words: Particle Wave Matter. Four more words: Department of Redundancy Department. :)

@ oOoOoOo: 1. I won't if you don't. 2. You're welcome.
[/opinion]

Chowwow
Ireul
Ireul

Evangelion Unit-&#8486;

•      
  •      

Postby Chowwow » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:09 am

View Original PostTheAyanamiOtaku wrote:Image

I'M SCREWED

Don't worry man! We all have impressive talents, no need to feel intimidated!

Thanks for another impressive entry, Hoshikawa-kun; it really seems to have resonated with people! I really do appreciate the work you've done on it!

Today, we have another from Holy Diver!

August 17
Image Holy Diver

Holy Diver wrote:Name and Title: Evangelion Unit-Ω
Pilot: There have been numerous test pilots, but there is no official pilot.
Size Measurements: 40 meters tall.
Class Ranking: A-class
Type: Close-Combat AT Amplification Weapon

References: For my Eva, I was inspired by a post on 4chan a long time ago about the theoretical use of soulless Evangelions. I toyed around with the idea for a while before deciding to use that concept in my design.

Personal Characterization / Background History:

Almost immediately after the beginning of the production of Eva 00, the more traditional military minds of the world criticized the Evas as being inefficient as a weapon to use against the angels. Several military contractors proposed creating alternatives for the Evas. Perhaps the most famous of these was the Jet Alone robot produced by Japan Heavy Chemical Industries. However, due to their lack of AT fields, none of these proposed replacements could have ever replaced an Eva in combat against the Angels. Yet, there was one enterprising contractor that sought not to replace the Eva’s, but to improve upon them, by turning them into more conventional weapons. This contractor was the Krone Corporation.

Krone was formed in Germany as a mega-conglomeration of various defense contractors during the international crisis after Second Impact. The subsequent wars and struggles that followed in the wake Second Impact were very profitable for the company. With business in aerospace, pharmaceuticals, electronics, agriculture, and weapons manufacturing, Krone became an industrial powerhouse that was responsible for feeding and arming most of the world’s militaries. Krone gained much political clout after the wars as many nations found themselves in crushing debt to the company. One nasty and persistent rumor is that politicians on the Krone payroll worked towards postponing the signing of the Valentine Treaty in order to continue the profitable conflicts. In the space of one year’s time, they had become the most powerful corporate force on Earth, and they secretly intended to one day becoming the only force on it.

In 2003, Krone received a contract to help manufacture basic electronic components, armor plating, and weapons for Gehirn’s Project E. Krone’s top executives were fascinated by the concept of the Evas, and particularly their AT fields. They easily saw the potential uses of the AT field in combat. Yet, they could not help but notice what they believed to be inefficiencies in their design, especially the use of a soul residing in the Eva as a means of synching with the pilot and generating an AT field. Their top engineers and metaphysical biologists postulated that this was unnecessary. They held that forming a sort of direct neural link between the brain of the pilot and that of the Eva could allow to use the pilot as a direct substitute for a soul, giving the pilot total control over the unit. The executives at Krone were already beginning to have megalomaniacal dreams of using modified Evas as a private army under the control of brainwashed pilots loyal only to the corporation.

After the successful creation of Eva-00 from Adam, Gehirn then proceeded to create another Eva. However, this Eva was to be made using Lilith’s DNA. The first attempt was a failure, but the second was a success and created Eva-01. The failed body was to be taken away to the Eva Graveyard, but the transportation convoy was ambushed by operatives from the mercenary company known as Blackstar who made off with the body.

The body was transported to a secret Krone lab in Laos known as Purgatory. Most of Southeast Asia was hit hard with tsunamis and eccentric monsoon cycles after Second Impact and it is now mostly devoid of any significant population, with only the stubborn hill-tribes clinging on to their ancestral homeland. They fought a day-to-day struggle to simply survive, and they had virtually no contact with the larger world. Krone thought that they could use this to their advantage. Valhalla’s remote location and a desperate labor pool made it a perfect place to begin experiments on the failed Lilith-based prototype that would become Omega.

Production of Omega began early in 2004. The corpse was placed in a vat of LCL infused with special chemicals that helped preserve the Eva’s body. Villagers from the hill–tribes were drafted in droves by Krone recruiters to produce thousands of armor plates and gigantic weapons in massive foundries. However, they were all kept in the dark regarding what their work was for. Some of the workers who openly wondered what they constructing, often did not show up to work the following day or any day after. The workers were all provided with stimulants to keep them working even beyond their natural limits. Many simply died at their posts from overwork, yet there were always more to replace the fallen. This cycle of abusive labor lasted for a long time simply because the construction of the Eva brought tangible wealth to the tribes, and the workers were desperate to hold their jobs.

Omega’s construction reached completion late in 2012. Having to operate in secrecy meant that production moved relatively slowly in comparison to the other Eva units. Krone’s engineers had been busy developing a system to eliminate the need for a soul by using the power of the pilot’s soul as a substitute. The result was the Lazarus Operating System (LOS). In theory, it was so effective that it was even able to utilize the pilot’s emotional energy as a source of power for the Eva. However, the system remained untested. As long as LOS remained untested, then Krone’s executives would be unaware if their investment in developing the Eva was worth it. And to test the system, they needed test pilots, and lots of them. As the LOS was a highly experimental and dangerous system, very few professional test pilots would be willing to take the risk and the cost to pay for those who wanted to take it would have been far more than Krone would have been willing to shell out. Nevertheless, they would soon find the perfect source…

After the Eva was completed, many of the hill-tribesmen found themselves out of work as Krone no longer needed their muscle for manufacturing. The forges and foundries that had been constructed only a few years earlier now sat in rust and decay. The workers who relied so heavily upon the wage slavery of their corporate masters were now once again desperate for money. Once again, Krone swooped down from the clouds and offered them salvation, but at a terrible price. They offered to pay everyone man the equivalent of $1000 (it might not seem like much, but it was more than what the tribesmen were earning while working), in exchange they demanded that they hand over their children to the Krone corporation. A very large number of the tribesmen complied; their children were rounded up like cattle and sent away in flatbed trucks.

The local children proved to be excellent test pilots. The children were kept in cheap cramped barracks, given bland rations that only barely covered their most basic nutritional needs. They were easily manipulated and brainwashed by Krone to be fanatically loyal to the corporation. They were kept under constant surveillance by sadistic guards. Accusations of physical, mental, and sexual abuse were disturbingly commonplace, yet they were ignored. It was painfully obvious that Krone cared little for their welfare and they were seen as being totally expendable. This was even more obvious during the actual testing of the Eva. The pilots were subjected to all sorts of horrors within the grip of the LOS. Their fragile bodies and feeble minds were mercilessly pushed above and beyond their utmost limits. The casualty rate among them was appalling. However, success was being made with LOS, and that was all that mattered to Krone.

Although the children were kept in total isolation, word still managed to slip out to the villagers about the conditions in Purgatory. They were enraged over the horrors that their children faced. The townspeople gathered everything that they could. They armed themselves with old, rusty AK-47s, pistols, kitchen knives, pitchforks, scythes, and whatever else they could muster. They were going to get their children back, even if it meant losing their lives in the process. They marched up to the gates of Purgatory and demanded the return of thier sons and daughters.

Krone’s installation was more than prepared for such a poorly equipped uprising, but instead of using their standard weapons to fight the villagers off, they did something much crueler. They selected a random female test pilot named Raja, and sent her into the Eva. What followed was utter devastation. It was one monstrous killing machine against a few hundred peasants. Those who weren’t crushed under its feet were vaporized by its powerful AT field. No one survived. This final combat test proved to Krone that Omega and its LOS was a success.

Shortly after the failed uprising, the Krone installation came under attack again by Blackstar black ops forces under the command of one Kasuga Yamikaze. They managed to infiltrate Purgatory before Krone could summon a proper response and destroyed the laboratory and everyone within. All of the young test pilots were slain in the crossfire, except for young Raja who managed to be rescued by Kasuga and his forces. Seele had known that Krone stole the failed prototype since the beginning through double agents at Blackstar. Seele knew very well the threat that rival Eva units would have posed to their plans, and they requested that Kasuga find the location of Omgea and reclaim it. Yet he had his own plans. He held some level of interest in the outcome of Krone’s experiments and wanted the unit for himself. So he waited until the unit was completed before he fulfilled his mission. After Purgatory was infiltrated, Krone’s executives were either arrested on trumped up charges of fraud and corruption, or assassinated outright. Without proper leadership Krone eventually dissolved and it was bought up piece by piece by companies that were run secretly by Seele. As for Omega, its fate remains uncertain. In Seele’s eyes it was far too risky to keep, yet far too valuable to destroy. Given their secrecy, it is not likely that its fate will ever be revealed.

Physical Description: Omega lacks the sleeker, humanoid appearance of the other Eva units. Instead, it looks blockier and more like a machine. Its grey-scale scheme also gives the impression of cold, hard machinery that is only briefly interrupted with flashes of white and black. Its head has two neon green eyes and is shaped to resemble that of a human skull.

Abilities: Unlike previous Eva units, Omega lacks both a soul and a power system. While this seems to cripple the Eva unit and make it unfit for combat, the LOS circumvents these needs. A specialized entry plug was created that only contained a highly comfortable recumbent leather chair and a helmet. While reclining in the chair, the pilot would don the helmet. The helmet activates the LOS in the Eva unit. The LOS enables the pilot to use his brain to control the Eva like he would his own body with maximum synchronization. If he wants the Eva to do something, he just simply needs to will the Eva into action. It also amplifies the pilot’s AT-Field to Eva-sized proportions. As long as the pilot can endure the massive amounts of stress and fatigue caused by the system, Omega can also operate indefinitely without the aid of a power source. But, the primary benefit of the system is the ability to keep the Eva firmly under the pilot’s (and by extension, Krone’s) control. But, should the pilot ever decide to rebel against his commanders, then the helmet contains a small vial of highly toxic chemicals that would swiftly kill the rogue pilot.

AT-Field Performance: Omega was designed with the primary goal of maximizing the potential power of an AT-field as a system of attack and defense. As the pilot is using his own AT field, he has greater control over its use than a pilot in a traditional Eva. When it comes to using the AT field, the only limits on the number of its abilities are the imagination and stamina of the pilot. It is important to note that some test pilots over extended the reach of their AT-fields to the point of no return. Many of them met their ends as LCL upon the floor of the entry plug.

Armor Type: As Omega does not have a soul of its own, the armor that it uses was designed for defensive purposes only instead of being a restraining device. The Eva uses a type of Chobham armor that utilizes ceramics made from special clay mined from the waters surrounding what was once Antarctica. The clay appears to be infused with highly charged particles that seem to be a byproduct of Second Impact. The particles help strengthen the ceramics in the presence of a strong AT-field. If the pilot’s AT-field is operating at full capacity, then the armor is impenetrable to all but the Lance of Longinus. However, this AT-field assisted armor places a lot of strain on the pilot, and it can only be sustained for a short amount of time. Even without the assistance of the AT-field, the armor is still very powerful and resistant.

Regenerative abilities: As with most of Omega’s abilities, the regenerative powers are controlled by the pilot. Theoretically, a pilot should be able to regenerate any lost body parts at will. However, all tests have shown that regeneration places an inordinate amount of strain on the pilot, and at least one test pilot died from the stress of attempting to re-growing limbs.

Offenses: The pilot of Omega is capable of manipulating his own AT-field for attack and defense purposes. The AT-field is its primary weapon, but a collection of various exotic bladed weapons were created for use with the Eva. This impressive collection includes progressive knives, katars, smash halberds, and javelins. The Eva also features a type of mega particle cannon in its chest that is similar to Ramiel’s, but it powered by the pilot’s AT-field. The cannon has never been tested, so its usefulness in combat is unknown.

Miscellaneous other abilities: The LOS puts the pilot in total control over the Eva. This also includes the Eva’s senses which include hawk-like hearing and a very wide line of sight. As the unit does not have a soul, the unit does not have a true berserker mode. But, under the circumstance that the pilot is beginning to grow weary from the strain of the LOS, the system injects powerful stimulants into the pilot’s body that can trigger a similarly wild battle-frenzy that has been referred to in official Krone documents as Therion mode. It can only be engaged for so long before the pilot’s soul is consumed by frenzy and is reduced to a useless husk of a being.

Combat skills and strategies: The primary strategy that Omega was designed around is being a close combat unit that could put the full weight of an AT-field down upon its foes. It would deploy to a combat zone and immediately engage the enemy. It would first attack with whatever ranged AT-field attacks the pilot wishes to use. If that fails to do sufficient damage, the Eva will then engage the enemy with its bladed weapons, hacking and tearing away at whatever remained of its foes. As a last resort, and if the pilot grows too weary to continue on fighting, the LOS can inject him with stimulants to engage Therion mode.

I would also like to take the time to make two announcements:

Agentomega's Eva entry will be delayed to the end of the line due to life. He may end up taking D. Tuck or Slammacow's place if they turn out to be no-shows like I suspect. His Angel, however, will go just as scheduled. Until then:

Aug. 15: tehprognoob Eva
    Aug. 16: Hoshikawa-kun Angel
    Aug. 17: Hoshikawa-kun Eva
    Aug. 18: Holy Diver Eva
    Aug. 19: Agentomega Angel
    Aug. 20: Agentomega Eva (Rescheduled)
    Aug. 21: oOoOoOo Angel
    Aug. 22: oOoOoOo Eva
    Aug. 23: NemZ Angel
    Aug. 24: NemZ Eva
    Aug. 25: TheAyanamiOtaku Angel
    Aug. 26: Vegeta 20XX Angel
    Aug. 27: Vegeta 20XX Eva
    Aug. 28: chazthesilencer Angel
    Aug. 29: Formless One Angel
    Aug. 30: D. Tuck Eva
    Aug. 31: Slammacow Eva
    Sept. 1: AyrYntake Angel

Finally, I am making a final, desperate call out to any volunteers to make this years Awards: I've barely been able to work on my own Angel and I've been trying to study for a graduate entrance exam - thus I have little time or creativity to design a dozen of them. Otherwise, they will either be very rushed or not presented at all. Takers?

Next Time: Agentomega
Last edited by Chowwow on Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

AyrYntake
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby AyrYntake » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:39 am

Funny, that...I seem to recall we have a user going by the name of "Omegagouki" on this forum. =D
Cirrus, Socrates, particle, decibel, hurricane, dolphin, tulip

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:11 am

Interesting ideas here, though not without some big damn questions, especially the whole 'stealing the body' part. Both Lilith and the eva graveyard are well within Nerv's most secure facilities, so I fail to see how such a theft is even remotely possible, much less the completely bonkers notion that they could sneak out of the geofront with an eva-sized corpse and expect to go undetected.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

BeoX2
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby BeoX2 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:12 am

View Original PostNemZ wrote:Interesting ideas here, though not without some big damn questions, especially the whole 'stealing the body' part. Both Lilith and the eva graveyard are well within Nerv's most secure facilities, so I fail to see how such a theft is even remotely possible, much less the completely bonkers notion that they could sneak out of the geofront with an eva-sized corpse and expect to go undetected.

*waves hand* This isn't the Evangelion you're looking for.....
"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with his experience."

Formless One
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Formless One » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:14 am

Hahaha, man Krone makes Seele look like a bunch of saints. That's awesome. In a disturbing sort of way. On that note: SWEATSHOPS ARE SCARY.
[/opinion]

Holy Diver
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby Holy Diver » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:04 am

View Original PostNemZ wrote:Interesting ideas here, though not without some big damn questions, especially the whole 'stealing the body' part. Both Lilith and the eva graveyard are well within Nerv's most secure facilities, so I fail to see how such a theft is even remotely possible, much less the completely bonkers notion that they could sneak out of the geofront with an eva-sized corpse and expect to go undetected.

Well, I always imagined that the actual Eva production occured off site and that the failed bodies were transported back within the geofront for secuity and privacy reasons. If this was the case, it could have been a long, ambushable voyage back to the Geofront. Though, I probably could have figured something a little bit more believable.

On that note: SWEATSHOPS ARE SCARY.

Yeah. Nike's got nothing on Krone.
Deus Io Vult! (God wills it!)
"Get your ass in gear!" Asuka

"Catdog has an S2 engine in his stomach. He does not need to eat, and whatever he does eat is reacted with antimatter to provide endless energy." Ruthlessly stolen from anon.

Return to “Fan Works”