(Second) Evas vs. Angels Design Contest! (Afterthoughts)

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

AyrYntake
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby AyrYntake » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:17 pm

You left me out :'(
Cirrus, Socrates, particle, decibel, hurricane, dolphin, tulip

Chowwow
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Chowwow » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:08 pm

View Original PostAyrYntake wrote:You left me out :'(

Sorry, fixed!

Chowwow
Ireul
Ireul

August Update!

•      
  •      

Postby Chowwow » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:33 am

It's now August, meaning that it's time for another round of status updates from each of our Designers!

As of August 1, 1:06 AM EST:

Eva Designers:

Angel Designers:

Judges:

And for another important announcement, I am now taking requests for Presentation dates. As a reminder, Presentations will start on August the 15th, and that each Design gets it's own day.

For this year's Contest, I'm wondering if I should start presenting all of the Evas first, then the Angels? Or should I arrange a mix of them together? It's an interesting question that I have no solution to as of yet.

Get to it guys, we nearing the end of it all!

chazthesilencer
Lilin
Lilin

Re: August Update!

•      
  •      

Postby chazthesilencer » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:25 am

View Original PostChowwow wrote:It's now August
No, it isn't :]

[URL=http://a.imageshack.us/img265/9286/cfl18putdown.jpg]Image[/URL]
http://a.imageshack.us/img265/9286/cfl18putdown.jpg

I’m ready to go when you are, sir.
Considering we have a few designers with two entries, maybe an Eva/Angel/Eva/Angel order to the presentations would work best?

@Formless One, TheAyanamiOtaku + AyrYntake: Let’s kick Slammacow, Holy Diver, D. Tuck and tehprognoob’s asses with our angels.
Us Animay watching evageeks gotta stick together! - Joy Evangelion

oOoOoOo
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby oOoOoOo » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:40 am

Personally, it'd probably be easier on the judges to do all the angels first and then all the evas (or vice versa), so they can be in a certain mindframe when reviewing everything.
~ O-chan is soooo 2D right now.

Formless One
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Formless One » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:06 pm

View Original PostoOoOoOo wrote:Personally, it'd probably be easier on the judges to do all the angels first and then all the evas (or vice versa), so they can be in a certain mindframe when reviewing everything.

Nah, that's not really an issue at all. The LDC is extremely diverse by nature (its about human characters, who knew?), and since every submission comes on a different day you have plenty of time to mentally reset. Besides, I at least don't really get to the "judging" stage until after all the submissions have been sent in so I can C&C. Although I DO like to critique them in the meantime. Usually with a sharp eye. You'll know what I mean. :devil:
[/opinion]
[size=75]My (fan-)fiction [color=blue]

TheAyanamiOtaku
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby TheAyanamiOtaku » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:53 pm

I'll try to cut down on unnecessary verbose this season, probably with spoilers, ha. Time to dance.
Rei: I'm not your puppet.

The Allied States of Syraneen

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:24 pm

Hell, I had to go back and add more to one of mine because it felt too short.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Formless One
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Formless One » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:46 am

Don't worry, you all know mine is going to be 98% prose anyway. :)
[/opinion]

Chowwow
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Chowwow » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:50 am

Based on the requests of your fellow Designers, I've arraigned the dates for Presentations. Below are the assigned dates for each Designer, followed by the particular League (Eva or Angel) that the Designer is presenting for that day:

Aug. 15: tehprognoob Eva
    Aug. 16: Hoshikawa-kun Angel
    Aug. 17: Hoshikawa-kun Eva
    Aug. 18: Holy Diver Eva
    Aug. 19: Agentomega Angel
    Aug. 20: Agentomega Eva
    Aug. 21: oOoOoOo Angel
    Aug. 22: oOoOoOo Eva
    Aug. 23: NemZ Angel
    Aug. 24: NemZ Eva
    Aug. 25: TheAyanamiOtaku Angel
    Aug. 26: Vegeta 20XX Angel
    Aug. 27: Vegeta 20XX Eva
    Aug. 28: chazthesilencer Angel
    Aug. 29: Formless One Angel
    Aug. 30: D. Tuck Eva
    Aug. 31: Slammacow Eva
    Sept. 1: AyrYntake Angel

D. Tuck did not respond to his last request for an update while Slammacow has been gone since the first update request. Therefore there is a possibility that I may have to drop them from the Contest. And Of course, I will be last.

Onward!

EDIT: AyrYntake was added to the end of this list.

Chowwow
Ireul
Ireul

Evangelion Unit 04 HTCP

•      
  •      

Postby Chowwow » Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:17 am

After three months of waiting, we've finally reached the week of Presentations for the Evas Versus Angels Design Contest! And what a long and drawn-out wait it has been. Thankfully, it seems that most of us have delivered, and I'm expecting some new, exciting material this year!

Today is an Eva design from a realtive newcomer to this site, tehprognoob.

August 15
Image tehprognoob

tehprognoob wrote:Evangelion Unit 04 HTCP

(High-Performance Tactical Combat Production Type Evangelion)

Fully deployed with Portable Positron Rifle and Lance Components firing:

An early concept drawing.

The pilot of Unit-04, Miyoko Izanami:

General and Technical Data

Model Type: HTC Improvised Production Type Evangelion

Code Name: Evangelion Unit 04 HTCP

Manufacturer: Seele Remnants

Operator: Seele Remnants

First Deployment: 2024 A.D.

Accommodations: Standard Eva Entry Plug.

Dimensions: Unknown

Power Source: S4 Combined Cores Engine

Attached Armaments: Progressive Knife X2 (Right Shoulder Pylon), Lance Components X4, Heavy Progressive Cutlass, Variable Phase AT Field, AA Mini-Missile Battery (Right Shoulder Pylon.).

Hand Armaments: EX-01 Portable Positron Rifle, Replica Lance (After combining all four Lance Components.).

Equipment and Design Features: Compact Wings X2, Sub-Wing X2, Ankle Wings X2, S4 Combined Cores Engine, Lance Components X4, Variable Phase AT Field, EA-10 Nerve Connection System, Emergency Core Purge System, Backup Battery Reservoir.

Pilot: Miyoko Izanami

Once shy, abuse after Third Impact and Kaji's subtle influence had alienated her from the world. Miyoko sees this world as twisted and hurtful, and is happy that Kaji and the Seele Remnants want to destroy it. Thus, she helps along as best she can by piloting Unit 04.

History

In A.D. 2015, a rebellious faction within Seele seized control of Nerv's Nevada Branch, launched Unit 04 on its A.T. Field using an eligible Child under heavy sedation and the Dummy System, and landed it onto Nerv's Lunar Branch, which was under Seele control. The rebels used Unit 04's S2 Engine to temporarily open a Sea of Dirac, erasing all traces on their presence, and went back into hiding. Later, when Kaji found out the truth about the Eva Series, Nerv, and the Angels, in addition to the fact that 3I could not be prevented, he was persuaded to join the rebels. The hit man sent after Kaji was ambushed by rebel agents, and Kaji, along with the rest of the rebel heads, went up to the Moon on the XL5-1701 while Seele was busy starting Third Impact. After Third Impact, the rebels returned with the intent to use the Dummy System on the returned Unit 01 to start an Impact that would fully complete humanity, completely erasing all memories and feelings in humans, and truly complementing them to each other. (Why Kaji agreed is still unknown, but it can be assumed that the rebels told him something very convincing.) Kaji, by chance, found Miyoko Izanami, an eligible Child who was sexually abused by a gang of ex-military men. Winning her trust, he took her back to the Moon in 2018 to replace the dead original pilot of Unit 04, now revamped into Unit 04 HTCP.

Description:

Unit 04 HTCP contains elements from both the original Eva and the incomplete Mass Production Eva Units. Its wings are all modified versions of MPE wings, and it carries a Replica Lance. Strictly speaking, four Lance Components, stored on the wing pack, that can either launch as mini lances or combine into the entire Lance, which is more versatile than Seele's original Lances, but lacking in penetrative power. It can transform as the pilot wishes, though, and has the ability to separate into a total of nine shards per Lance Component. Since one of the MPEs already had a 90% complete, usable S2 Engine, that Engine was fused to Unit 04's original, flawed one, resulting in the S4 Combined Cores Engine. The S4, however, was only slightly stronger than standard S2 Engines, not to mention seriously unstable due to Unit 04's old, damaged S2 Engine. They were, however, able to produce twin A.T. Fields that can act separately or together. This was later dubbed the Variable Phase A.T. Field for its ability to fuse or separate. The VPAT Field can also be folded, gathered and used in a blast similar to Sahaquiel's bombs but not much stronger than conventional explosives. The VPATF, though flexible, is weak defensively and not much more powerful than the original Unit 00's AT Field. However, the VPATF provides enormous thrust and maneuverability, not to mention versatile. Unit 04 HTCP is basically maneuverable and fast, well-suited to conventional combat, but deeply flawed in its unstable VPATF and S4 Engine, making it extremely fragile and delicate. Thus, one good shot will do enormous damage that cannot be repaired easily with the limited resources of the Seele Remnants.

Great job! More to come!

Next Time: Hoshikawa-kun

Don't miss it!
Last edited by Chowwow on Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chazthesilencer
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby chazthesilencer » Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:31 am

[URL=http://a.imageshack.us/img810/4760/adccfl01protocool.jpg]Image[/URL]
http://a.imageshack.us/img810/4760/adccfl01protocool.jpg

EDIT: Damned imageshack
[URL=http://a.imageshack.us/img90/4760/adccfl01protocool.jpg]Image[/URL]
http://a.imageshack.us/img90/4760/adccfl01protocool.jpg

Looks like Evangelion +1 everything. A few flaws would have been more attractive though, has Otacon taught us nothing about giant mechs?
Last edited by chazthesilencer on Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:32 pm

That's pretty harsh, man, though you've got a point.

I like the design of the wings... like big sails, which goes nice with a cutlass. Too bad the pilot didn't have an eyepatch.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

ran1
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby ran1 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:33 pm

The aesthetics are on target when it comes to the aerial mode, and I imagine those wings must be quite efficient when it comes to short distance gliding/flight. The first picture was shoddy, but I think the attention to detail is quite excellent on thes second picture.

Overall: 7/10

Is the pilot supposed to look so similiar to Rei?
Punished "Venom" Ran1
Vanity of Vanities
Every post in Evageeks automaticaly becomes masturbatory material. It's nothing new. ~Justcrazyguy
Ran's persistent irony is a coping mechanism he uses to try and create some understanding of his paradoxical attraction to and disgust of the elitist bourgeois slaughterhouse in which he's forever trapped. --Muggy

Chowwow
Ireul
Ireul

Evangelion Unit-0X “Lycoris”

•      
  •      

Postby Chowwow » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:42 am

Very impressive idea for an Eva, tehprognoob. It's more Gundam than we are used to, but I would like to see it in action.

Also, are you gonna make a comic for every entry, chaz? Because that would be awesome.

Anyway, on to our second entry, this time an Eva from newcomer Hoshikawa-kun!

August 16
Image Hoshikawa-kun

Hoshikawa-kun wrote:---------------------------------------
General Data:
Name and Title: Evangelion Unit-0X “Lycoris”
Pilot (if applicable): Hotaru Hoshikawa
Size Measurements: 40 meters tall
Type: Weapons test module

References: Inspired by articles from Gundam Sentinel, as well as the mechanical designs of Junji Okubo, Akira Yasuda, and Ikutso Yamashita.

Personal Characterization / Background History: Unit-0X was created in tandem with Unit-02, ditching the production model design in favor of a weapons test model. While Unit-00 and 01 tested the Evangelion concept as a whole, 0X is an experimental model made to test weapons and equipment, and was designed to be expendable when compared to the other Evas.
0X, having been developed within the same time frame as 02, was on at least one occasion mistaken for a competitor to the other unit; on paper it lies outside the traditional numbering scheme of the Evas to differentiate itself from 02, but in reality its number is because 0X serves a secondary purpose, that of developing the technology for the Mass Production Evangelions. The MP Evas are numbered accordingly as 1X, 2X, and so on up to 9X.
0X ultimately proves a powerful contributor to the Eva series as a whole, as by 2018 Units 00-03 have been fitted with improved versions of its equipment. While as an individual unit is tremendously powerful, 0X is also unstable and its real potential is crystallized as the Super Evangelion, piloted by Shinji Ikari in 2018. 0X itself is not refitted or remodeled for the majority of its career, until 2018 when it is re-envisioned as Unit-XX to provide support to the Super Evangelion. At this point XX has very little to work with as an experimental unit, but it does manage to be the test model for an externally-mounted S2 engine.

Physical Description: Image

Abilities:

Defenses:

AT-Field Performance: Unit-0X's AT Field performs similarly to the other Evangelions, capable of stopping most conventional weaponry but unable to stand up to heavy bombardment or assault from Angels like Ramiel and Bardiel. After the battle with Arael, Unit-0X is fitted with a prototype armor that contorts the AT Field around individual limbs to offer better protection; this is taken a step further, warping the AT Field beneath the feet to avoid crushing objects below and later to enhance jumping capabilities. This armor is ultimately perfected as the F-Type armor equipped to the other Evangelions.

Armor Type: ERA - Unit-0X is equipped with Electric Reactive Armour, an experimental armor consisting of multiple conductive plates separated by insulating materials. This creates a high-power capacitor which is charged and discharged at the moment an incoming body impacts the ERA. Normally this vaporizes the projectile, but in some cases a particularly fast object will be diffused into plasma, which can cause extensive damage to the ERA.

Artecarbon armor - Unit-0X's armor is unique among the initial four Evangelions in being composed of artecarbon, an artificial allotrope of carbon that is cheaper and more readily available than titanium, but of being comparable tensile strength. While this design choice was made initially to conserve resources, Ritsuko takes advantage of the material's properties to install conductive circuitry that improves its ERA. Late in 2015 both the artecarbon armor and ERA is built into the reconstructed Unit-02(0X's nearest physiological equivalent), and these enhancements become universal to the Mass Production series.

Positron Field – After the events of Operation Yashima it was determined that future Evangelions should be capable of dealing with the Angel's escalating threats, in particular directed energy weapons. This technology was developed with that in mind; broadcast from 0X's shoulder pylons, this field is used to interrupt and disperse beam-based projectiles before they make contact with the Eva. Ritsuko improves the positron field as time goes on, eventually tuning it to diffuse the plasma from the ERA. Notably, this field does not make it into the final designs for the Mass Production Evangelions, largely due to time constraints, but it does become part of the F-Type Armor.

Option Frame – Preceding Evangelions were designed as a rudimentary organic body enclosed in a layer of binding armor. 0X mixes this up however, as the bindings are grafted directly onto its body, reducing overall weight, increasing joint movement, mobility, and reaction times, and having the added bonus of making it more difficult for 0X to go berserk and escape human control. This Option Frame design is incorporated into Unit-03 and the MP Evas, and retroactively into 02.

Regenerative abilities: For all of its strengths 0X has a very big weakness; as a result of its complex and unstable construction, it takes the longest time to regenerate of all the Evas, healing at 1/10th regular capacity. Thus, while it may take a day or two for Unit-02 to recover an entire leg, for 0X it becomes half a month. Later Evangelions avert this problem by ensuring that the equipment derived from 0X is not integrated directly into their bodies, but for 0X this is a consistent issue until its recreation as XX in 2018.

Offenses: Progressive Knife model-3 – Stored in the left shoulder pylon, the PK-3 features a plug in the handle that connects directly with Unit-0X's internal circuitry to receive electricity for the knife's sonic vibrations. This knife is slightly larger than previous models, and the plug serves as an economical safety system, as if it is separated from the Eva's hand it will immediately stop vibrating and reduce damage to the surrounding area. This is later refined as Eva-01's countersword for use with the F-Type armor.

Thanatos Blade – Stored in Unit-0X's thigh armor, this is essentially an extended version of the Progressive Knife with a guard to prevent the larger blade from meeting with the Eva's body. Like the PK-3 it draws on the Eva itself for electricity, and while there are actually two of them, Unit-0X only ever uses one at a time. Even once the pilot begins using the Thanatos blade one-handed, he does not use both at once, instead using the PK-3 as an offhand weapon. This is refined as the Magorox sword for Eva-01's use.

Impact Emission – Installed just below Unit-0X's shoulder pylons, these twin cannons use the Eva's AT Field to align metal ions picked up from the barrel of the weapon into prism lattice structures. These lattices are then compressed into one massive, electrically neutral particle, a stream of which is then accelerated out of the cannons and into the target. Because this stream of particles is immune to the effects of magnetic and gravitational fields, the Impact Emission weapon does not need to account for local gravity; however, as a side effect of using metal ions from the barrel, the weapon itself gradually erodes with use and parts of it have to be replaced over time.
An improved, less self-destructive version of this weapon is mounted on the F-Type Unit-01.

Miscellaneous other abilities: Unit-0X's final piece of equipment is the MC_Bomber, a file buried deep within its archives that originally activated of the Eva's own volition, and was later appropriated by the pilot for his own use. MC_Bomber interfaces the brain of the pilot, the soul of the Eva, and a complex series of algorithms which cumulatively account for the variables present on the battlefield. Because of how deeply it connects the pilot and the soul of the Eva, MC_Bomber completely eliminates physical control and visual interfaces, drastically improving reaction times to the point of surpassing those of the human brain and its own body.
The computations performed by MC_Bomber combined with observed data make the pilot aware of future outcomes and predicts enemy actions on the fly, giving them superhuman combat abilities. MC_Bomber's potential culminates with the creation of Mobile Support Units, a series of both automated and human-operated machines which gather data on the battlefield from angles far outside the Eva's range; during the battle with the JSSDF and MP Evas, Unit-0X steals remote command of the MSU from the JSSDF and cements itself as a support unit, connecting to the other Evangelions to give them the final data without having to go through all these calculations.
The greatest danger of MC_Bomber by far is overloading the pilot with statistics, calculations and junk data, potentially destroying their psyche altogether. Because of this, the MC_Bomber has a self-imposed limitation of fifteen hours of continuous use. Any longer is believed to surpass the limit of human endurance.
A number of genetic irregularities mean that 0X's core is not located in its chest as per the standard of other Evangelions. Rather, it is located in the 'womb' or girdle of the Eva, and its entry plug falls into a noticeably deeper crevice than the others because of this. An additional affect of these genetic errors is that 0X has a disproportionate count of teeth, creating an 'overbite'. While normally obscured by its face mask, the teeth are markedly obvious whenever 0X berserks.
On top of all of these mistakes, 0X also has a 'single wing' effect present in its body; a fetal wing-like formation is present on its upper back, sprouting from the right shoulder blade. This has no noticeable benefit on the Eva, rather disabling it and weighing it down awkwardly until it is surgically removed after the battle with Mazael. 0X's performance improves drastically after this surgery.

Combat skills and strategies: Initially 0X behaved as a front line unit, fighting as the pointman and attacking Angels with its Thanatos blade and PK-3 while Units-00 and 01 attacked from a distance. While attempts were made to work in tandem with Unit-02, the pilots were not particularly fond of one another and experienced difficulty with teamwork. Once MC_Bomber was unlocked and accessed by Hotaru, 0X's role became increasingly scaled back to information and fire support to give the other Evangelions an edge, and this supporting role on increased in importance as the other Evas were refitted with F-Type equipment and remade into the Super models.

Names of Designer and all contributors: Hoshikawa-kun
---------------------------------------

Stay tuned for tomorrow, when we will see Hoshikawa-kun's corresponding Angel entry!

chazthesilencer
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby chazthesilencer » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:56 am

Image http://a.imageshack.us/img294/6528/cfladctester.jpg

@Chow I'm off work, so I'll see what I can do for this week, at least.
@Everyone Do understand these comics mean no harm, I'm just trying to have fun.
I had something else planned, but realised the text only read "Unit-XX"...

Formless One
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Formless One » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:43 am

I like this. Its nice to see someone look at other possible roles an Eva might play in the development and research of the line, rather than always playing up the main-line defense like Units 0-3 did. It also gives some explanation for where all those "equipment type n" stuff came from, since it would indeed make sense to test it on something before sending it out to the battlefield.

Also, unlike the HTCP its not obviously overpowered. Sorry, tehprognoob, couldn't help myself (since, you know, you've made a unit 04 and everything. You is stepping on my stories!)
[/opinion]

Holy Diver
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby Holy Diver » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:59 pm

Wow, these Evas are pretty good so far. Though, the entries are pretty short. It kinda makes me feel like my entry was far too verbose in comparison.

Anyway, I cant wait to see what the Angel designers come up with.
Deus Io Vult! (God wills it!)
"Get your ass in gear!" Asuka

"Catdog has an S2 engine in his stomach. He does not need to eat, and whatever he does eat is reacted with antimatter to provide endless energy." Ruthlessly stolen from anon.

Chowwow
Ireul
Ireul

Mazael: the Angel of Mass

•      
  •      

Postby Chowwow » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:22 pm

This next entry is also from Hoshikawa-kun, this time an Angel which comes into conflict with his Eva:

August 17
Image Hoshikawa-kun

Hoshikawa-kun wrote:---------------------------------------
General Data:
Name and Title: Mazael the Angel of Mass
Size Measurements: Nonzero; estimated at less than 15.5 MeV
Class Ranking (if applicable): A-Class
Type: Particle-Acceleration Heavy Bombardment

References: Inspired by the US Navy railgun and particle :madscience:

Personal Characterization / Background History: Mazael was first sighted close to Lake Ashinoko; however, it was only two minutes after this that anyone realized it was an Angel. Mazael's initial appearance was heralded only by the immediate destruction of nearby buildings, which appeared to have spontaneously combusted, but in retrospect it was realized that Mazael had destroyed them. While an immediate evacuation order was issued, it was only during the course of evacuation that a Blue Blood Type pattern manifested.
Misato ordered the immediate sortie of Evangelions 0X and 02, but could not secure permission to deploy Unit-01 due to the disaster involving the fourteenth Angel, and Unit-00 was still under repair. Unit-0X was immediately shot down by Mazael, using its AT Field to accelerate its mass through the Eva, and in a moment of panic pilot Asuka Langley Soryu attempted to shoot the Angel using a pallet rifle. Because Unit-02's pilot only had the attack on its comrade to reference for Mazael's location, pilot Soryu accomplished nothing but further wounding Unit-0X and expediting the Eva's recovery.
The fact that it was under attack was not lost on the Angel, as Mazael immediately rendered Unit-02 inoperable, subsequently moving to Tokyo-3's center and penetrating past the initial 22 layers into the Geofront, the entire process taking several seconds. Misato Katsuragi attempted to secure permission to deploy Unit-01, but Gendo Ikari at that time assumed full command and instead chose to bring pilot Rei Ayanami to Terminal Dogma.
While strange, this decision proved prudent as Mazael subsequently broke through the roof of NERV HQ and broke into Terminal Dogma, killing an estimated 300 individual workers in the process. At this point Mazael was literally on top of Lilith— and ironically, Adam, as Gendo was standing in the room— but must have become confused, as it did nothing for a full minute, most likely because it realized that Lilith was not Adam.
Commander Ikari took this time to 'awaken' Rei. Her soul, now that of Lilith, expanded an AT Field that immediately eroded Mazael's. The electron mass composing Mazael's mind and soul was immediately conducted through the metal objects in Terminal Dogma, and grounded in outside layers of debris within the Black Moon.
This effectively lobotomized the Angel; Ritsuko Akagi later located and contained the single Tau neutrino composing its 'body', eventually loading it into a particle accelerator at NERV-02. Experiments to eliminate this neutrino were conducted by Ritsuko over a phone conference with the workers of NERV-02, and once it had been resolved that Mazael's body was a Majorana fermion, a second Tau neutrino was loaded into the particle accelerator. The two particles met, annihilated, and became exotic heavy particles, bringing an end to Mazael.

Physical Description: Mazael consists of a single Tau neutrino surrounded by an electron cloud and AT Field. This electron cloud is believed to be its 'brain', and this neutrino its only semblance of a body.

Defenses: Mazael's size proved advantageous for the duration of its career as an Angel, as it is physically too small to be acquired using visual targeting and requires precision instruments to locate.

AT-Field Performance: Mazael's AT Field ranks as one of the strongest observed, as it proved impossible to penetrate using an Evangelion, and completely cut out all electronic communications within the Geofront once Mazael had reached 0.9 kilometers beneath the Geofront's surface.

Offenses: Mass Driving – Mazael's primary offensive is to use its AT Field to hyperaccelerate its mass through targets, with an observed minimum velocity of 24,810 feet per second. Ritsuko theorizes that Mazael may have been intentionally restricting its own strength to avoid damaging 'Adam', and its maximum output may be 2,481,000 feet/second. It is not known what the absolute range of this attack is, but Mazael voluntarily stopped itself after traveling 3 kilometers.

Combat skills and strategies: Mazael is not known to develop complex strategy, usually estimating the distance between itself and its target and immediately breaking into a hyperacceleration.

Names of Designer and all contributors: Hoshikawa-kun
---------------------------------------

Well done!

Next Time: Holy Diver

Everything looks awesome so far, can't wait to see more!
Last edited by Chowwow on Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AyrYntake
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby AyrYntake » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:32 pm

Funny that the Angel of Mass has several billion times less mass than any of the other Angels...looks like this is the sort of thing CERN and the LHC are bringing us.
Last edited by AyrYntake on Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cirrus, Socrates, particle, decibel, hurricane, dolphin, tulip

Return to “Fan Works”