(Second) Evas vs. Angels Design Contest! (Afterthoughts)

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

Chowwow
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Chowwow » Wed May 12, 2010 12:06 am

View Original PostAgentomega wrote:I do say, I'd like to join both parts of the contest. I've got a few ideas for Evas and Angels, so I might as well develop one of each!

Glad to have you back! I hope you'll be able to handle the work load!

As of May 12, 1:05 AM EST:

Eva Designers:

Angel Designers:

Judges:

Agentomega
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Agentomega » Wed May 12, 2010 9:12 am

Hehe, most definitely! This semester ends shortly, so I'll have plenty of time before I go to work to concentrate on this... (That, and I don't plan on procrastinating so much like last time lol) I look forward to this competition!
Avatar: Rhoe Amariyo (© 2010-2014 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. FINAL FANTASY X|V)
Karigane Shirou in LoL's RP - Rebuild of Evangelion: We Are (Not) Together
"'I was a nerd before it was cool' ~Agent" ~Lance of LoL

Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Avatar of Dreams » Fri May 14, 2010 12:37 pm

Just a quick question for clarification about the Eva design half of the contest.
As it is the Eva itself being judged, would it be safe to assume that the designer could use an existing character as its pilot? For example, making Hikari the pilot of the Eva (cause you know, that would be pretty cool).

Chowwow
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Chowwow » Fri May 14, 2010 11:47 pm

View Original PostAvatar of Dreams wrote:Just a quick question for clarification about the Eva design half of the contest.
As it is the Eva itself being judged, would it be safe to assume that the designer could use an existing character as its pilot? For example, making Hikari the pilot of the Eva (cause you know, that would be pretty cool).

That's a very interesting question, Avatar. The focus of the Contest is to showcase all original Designs, but it has always been the intention for these things to interact with canon in some way. Therefore I'm gonna rule that in the Eva league, pilots can be existing characters or fan-made characters, Designer's choice. Hmm, maybe I should make that a rule.

Though that does lead to one possible snag: that Designers take advantage of this and make Hulk Hogan or themselves as pilot of their Eva...

Chowwow
Ireul
Ireul

Beginning of June 1

•      
  •      

Postby Chowwow » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:22 am

The first month of this Contest is over, and I would like to know the status of our entrants; figure out how everything is going and what progress they are making with their entries.

As of June 1, 2:19 AM EST:

Eva Designers:

Angel Designers:

Judges:

Two announcements to make:

I wanted to know if the rules for the Eva League were clear enough to everyone. So far, they are the same as the ones for the Angel League, but some might want a formal list.

Second, I would like to see if anyone would be interested in producing Awards for this year's Contest. While it would be possible for me to do them again for this year, it would be helpful to have someone assist in this endeavor.

Anyway, registrations are still open. Sign in now!

Formless One
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Formless One » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:59 pm

Awe, hell, I've got some ideas for an angel (of course I do, I'm finally making progress on my fanfic). I might either enter the contest as an angel designer, or at least submit something for posterity. Maybe a scene...
[/opinion]
[size=75]My (fan-)fiction [color=blue]

Chowwow
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Chowwow » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:10 pm

View Original PostFormless One wrote:Awe, hell, I've got some ideas for an angel (of course I do, I'm finally making progress on my fanfic). I might either enter the contest as an angel designer, or at least submit something for posterity. Maybe a scene...

I'm grateful to have you on board! Now it's a party!

As of June 11, 12:06 AM EST:

Eva Designers:

Angel Designers:

Judges:

It's gonna be tough making all of these Awards now that the Contest has doubled in scope. I better get to work!

TheAyanamiOtaku
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby TheAyanamiOtaku » Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:47 pm

Hello, everyone. It's been a while since I've been here period, but I think I have enough time to make an angel. So count me in.

I promise I will keep my entry as succinct as possible.
Rei: I'm not your puppet.

The Allied States of Syraneen

Omegagouki
Shikigami of the Castle
Shikigami of the Castle

•      
  •      

Postby Omegagouki » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:28 am

I haven't really been able to do anything creative in reference to this contest yet, but I will try and have something soon enough.
PSN/Steam: Zentillion | Tum8lr
8luh 8luh
Sill (and always) promoting Homestuck

Chowwow
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Chowwow » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:55 pm

View Original PostTheAyanamiOtaku wrote:Hello, everyone. It's been a while since I've been here period, but I think I have enough time to make an angel. So count me in.

I promise I will keep my entry as succinct as possible.

Great to see you again! I'm looking forward to it!

As of June 14, 11:53 PM EST:

Eva Designers:

Angel Designers:

Judges:

So far, everyone is on track to get their Designs done. Only Slammacow has yet to reply to me about how he's been doing. Still, this year's roster looks quite large!

Holy Diver
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby Holy Diver » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:41 pm

Count me in for the Eva portion. I need a good summer project.
Deus Io Vult! (God wills it!)
"Get your ass in gear!" Asuka

"Catdog has an S2 engine in his stomach. He does not need to eat, and whatever he does eat is reacted with antimatter to provide endless energy." Ruthlessly stolen from anon.

Chowwow
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Chowwow » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:44 pm

View Original PostHoly Diver wrote:Count me in for the Eva portion. I need a good summer project.

Yay! Another old vet appears!

As of June 15, 10:39 PM EST:

Eva Designers:

Angel Designers:

Judges:

We've got an amazing roster this year!

One thing I'd like to know is how people are approaching the Eva design league of this Contest. On one hand it's a lot like the Angel league except now you are making a big robot. On the other hand, it gives you the opportunity to inject some military jargon and equipment into this Contest.

So to the guys who are making Evas, are you military otaku who are approaching this thing as if it were a ship or fighter jet, or are you guys pulling straight out of imagination land?

TheAyanamiOtaku
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby TheAyanamiOtaku » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:59 am

We should get BobBQ as some sort of consultant.
Rei: I'm not your puppet.

The Allied States of Syraneen

D. Tuck
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby D. Tuck » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:53 pm

Put me down in the Eva division. I want to see if these concepts I have are worth anything. :)

BTW, are we encouraged to create pilots for our Eva? If so that would be a big help for me. That, and I want it to be as original as possible.

Formless One
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Formless One » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:49 pm

View Original PostD. Tuck wrote:Put me down in the Eva division. I want to see if these concepts I have are worth anything. :)

BTW, are we encouraged to create pilots for our Eva? If so that would be a big help for me. That, and I want it to be as original as possible.

Mmmmm... sounds more like something for the Lillim Design Contest. I'm what you would call the precident setter here. If you do chose to use an OC (and its not a bad idea) don't focus too much on that particular detail. This is about the Eva itself. The pilot is merely an element of its story.

(I know, understatement)
[/opinion]

D. Tuck
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby D. Tuck » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:51 am

View Original PostFormless One wrote:Mmmmm... sounds more like something for the Lillim Design Contest. I'm what you would call the precident setter here. If you do chose to use an OC (and its not a bad idea) don't focus too much on that particular detail. This is about the Eva itself. The pilot is merely an element of its story.

(I know, understatement)

True, I'll try to keep to the Eva, but I want to show how the pilot influences it's fighting style and defenses.

Chowwow
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Chowwow » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:06 pm

View Original PostD. Tuck wrote:True, I'll try to keep to the Eva, but I want to show how the pilot influences it's fighting style and defenses.

Sorry for the delay in registering you. Anyway, I'm glad to have you on!

Feel free to include a description of the pilot as well, but try to truncate it to the parts which relate to your Eva. I don't want to force you to write what amounts to two entries at once or smother our readers with a sea of text.

Going into this Contest, I knew adding an Eva portion was gonna be dicey because of the added component of the pilot - something you just HAVE to elaborate on in an Eva fan-fiction. I think everyone has a general understanding as to what is necessary and what is excessive in an entry focused on an Eva. However, time will tell how things will actually turn out, and what to do in the future about it.

As of June 29, 12:05 PM EST:

Eva Designers:

Formless One
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Formless One » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:05 am

Chowwow wrote:Feel free to include a description of the pilot as well, but try to truncate it to the parts which relate to your Eva. I don't want to force you to write what amounts to two entries at once or smother our readers with a sea of text.

Going into this Contest, I knew adding an Eva portion was gonna be dicey because of the added component of the pilot - something you just HAVE to elaborate on in an Eva fan-fiction. I think everyone has a general understanding as to what is necessary and what is excessive in an entry focused on an Eva. However, time will tell how things will actually turn out, and what to do in the future about it.

I have some thoughts on this that people may find helpful:

What's the pilot's fighting style? Are they cautious, or reckless? Methodical? Well trained, or were they dozing off while their tactical instructors droned on? Do they like melee combat, or shooting stuff? Explosions maybe? Do they like to show off like Asuka, or are they more reserved like Rei?

What is the relationship between the pilot and their parent's soul inside the Eva? Is the pilot aware of the true nature of the Evangelion project? How strong is the strongest AT field they can generate? How creative are they in using the AT field? Can the Eva go berserk, and if so what sets it off?

How does the pilot relate to the Eva's history? Do they have another (living) parent, and if so why did they get involved with Nerv?

What is the pilot's relationship with Nerv/Seele/their superiors, and how does this relationship show through during operations?

Hopefully this should get people's creative juices flowing and thinking about how the pilot's personality/history relates to their Eva.
[/opinion]

AyrYntake
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby AyrYntake » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:35 am

Hey, I'd like to join the Angel design section please.
Cirrus, Socrates, particle, decibel, hurricane, dolphin, tulip

Chowwow
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Chowwow » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:45 pm

View Original PostAyrYntake wrote:Hey, I'd like to join the Angel design section please.

Already have you on board. Hope you do well again this year!

Return to “Fan Works”