Evangelion Cosplay

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

WonderBug
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby WonderBug » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:05 pm

View Original PostHunter21 wrote:That screams she might be a he you mean? Asuka is rather manish looking as well.

So like, have you ever seen a post-pubescent girl irl?

Butterscotch
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Butterscotch » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:17 pm

View Original PostHunter21 wrote:That screams she might be a he you mean? Asuka is rather manish looking as well.

check their other pics, they have much better ones than the one I posted...I just cba posting them all.

Bloody hell! I mean you can be the best Ayanami and Asuka cosplayer in the whole world, having the exact facial features as them and your costumes are ice to a tea yet they is always someone who will say something odd about it. It is really hard to please you audiences. ;-p

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionFan » Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:57 am

I think it is time this topic recieved a much needed injection of Misato and Ritsuko cosplay.

Misato Cosplay  SPOILER: Show

Plus one pic with an unknown yet excellent Ritsuko cosplayer:

As a courtesy, here is the cosplayers' DA page

Ritsuko with Gendo Cosplay  SPOILER: Show

As a courtesy, here is the cosplayers' DA Page
Voluntary Illusion.

Killer Bee
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

In fact, she makes a better Misato than the real Misato.

•      
  •      

Postby Killer Bee » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:42 pm

View Original PostEvangelionFan wrote:I think it is time this topic recieved a much needed injection of Misato and Ritsuko cosplay.

Misato Cosplay  SPOILER: Show

Best Misato cosplay in the history of forever. Brilliant.

oOoOoOo
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby oOoOoOo » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:50 pm

Both the Misato and the Ritsuko cosplay are glee-inducing. Those characters do not get enough cosplay love. I'm not really a fan of Gendo's costume, though. Maybe it doesn't translate very well in real life, but that guy doesn't say badass to me.

Meanwhile...

View Original PostWonderBug wrote:So like, have you ever seen a post-pubescent girl irl?

I concur. Hunter21, the forums call into question your experience with the 3D world.
~ O-chan is soooo 2D right now.

WonderBug
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby WonderBug » Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:36 am

That Misato looks wonderful, though I think the first Ritsuko's hair was adapted a little too literally. Very good job on the whole, for all of those costumes.

If there's a problem with the Gendo it's that it looks a little costumey. Not that that isn't the point or that you'd see someone dressed like that Ritsuko on the street, but the lining of the jacket, for example, looks a little garish. Hair's good though, and the beard isn't too chin-strappy/jaw-compensating.

Voland
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Voland » Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:54 am

I think in Gendo´s case, his body isn´t what we see in the anime. Granted, not all cosplayers are slender beautiful creatures with perfect proportions that just could be a frigging model...but this Gendo just doesn´t seem right.

Butterscotch
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Butterscotch » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:43 am

View Original PostVoland wrote:I think in Gendo´s case, his body isn´t what we see in the anime. Granted, not all cosplayers are slender beautiful creatures with perfect proportions that just could be a frigging model...but this Gendo just doesn´t seem right.

Yeah, see what you mean abit about Gendo even though I have seen some impressive Gendos. I kinda see that abit with Misato, I really don't think the purple hair transcribes well at all in real life but I do think Amazon Mandy looks amazing as Misato and the purple hair doesn't look too bad but I honestly think she would look better without it. I prefer Misato cosplayers who use their own hair especially when it is black. It looks a lot more realistic giving she is human.

SpearofLonginus
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby SpearofLonginus » Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:20 pm

I'm honestly afraid to post my cosplays... lol but whatever. My gf has also cosplayed Ritsuko and several figurine variants of Asuka (Festival Time, Sundress). We're planning to do a schoolgirl group with our best friend to form Rei Asuka and Mari for AM 2011.

Also, this is just us having fun, not meant to be professional photoshoots or anything. Not everyone's perfect x.x

Me as Misato. I had a homemade Pen Pen that went with it.

Me as Rei-Arael and my gf as Aphrodite Asuka.

My gf and I as Pinky St. Rei and Asuka

WonderBug
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby WonderBug » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:58 pm

SoL, the last picture is adorable! They're like Eva jammies! I especially like the pants on those outfits. Do you guys make your costumes yourself?

The Misato cosplay is pretty cool too, though it looks like you need some higher shapewear for underneath. Overall though, your costumes are very cute and very creative.

SpearofLonginus
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby SpearofLonginus » Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:49 pm

For more complicated outfits like my Arael and Jen's Festival Asuka, she sews them out of frabric. For the Pink St we went out to Goodwill and found matching clothing, adjust it by cutting/trimwork/adding details and its really cheap and looks good when its done as long as you take the time to make things even/well glued/hemmed. :D

GVman
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby GVman » Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:19 pm

You completely misinterpreted what I said. I said that as in "I really like that look on her face." Some about that Rei cosplayer really draws me to her.

Butterscotch
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Butterscotch » Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:50 pm

Spearoflonginus I really like your Misato cosplay. You pull her off nicely. Cute cosplays.

ReiearthBlue
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby ReiearthBlue » Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:12 pm

i'm gonna make Rei's school uniform for anime weekend atlanta, but the question is, Bandages or no bandages ?
"You'll excuse me if I'm not convinced that the motivations of Kaworu from canon are the same as the motivations of Kaworu, slayer of kittens."- Azathoth

GVman
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby GVman » Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:29 pm

@SpearofLonginus: How did you make the SoL?

@ReiearthBlue: I'd say no bandages.

WonderBug
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby WonderBug » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:26 pm

View Original PostSpearofLonginus wrote:For more complicated outfits like my Arael and Jen's Festival Asuka, she sews them out of frabric. For the Pink St we went out to Goodwill and found matching clothing, adjust it by cutting/trimwork/adding details and its really cheap and looks good when its done as long as you take the time to make things even/well glued/hemmed. :D

Well, she does a great job. :> Again, I love the last costumes!

@ReiearthBlue, I would love to see a non-bandaged Rei as well.

SpearofLonginus
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby SpearofLonginus » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:03 pm

Thank you, everyone :D

@GVman: I started with some light, con-safe wood. I made the end tip and the prongs from styrofoam, wrapped it all in red ducktape (layers) and then circled it with red shiny ribbon. Sad to say, it held up for the weekend but the prongs are really loose and broken now X.x I can't wait to attempt another one!

firegirl26
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby firegirl26 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:48 pm

when halloween comes i will post my cosplay
"GOD'S IN HIS HEAVEN.....ALL'S RIGHT WITH THE WORLD." NERV

GrummanCat
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby GrummanCat » Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:49 pm

OOoooooo! Looking forward to some HALLOWEEN contributions in this thread!!!!

'Bout the only kinda cosplay that looks like me is Howard Hughes. Weird, I know.

And totally off topic....
PLEASE check out my alt-universe EVA fan comic "EVA-303"!
https://eva-303.blogspot.com/

https://www.deviantart.com/eva-303

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionFan » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:54 pm

It's... Awesome Cosplay Sharing Time!

Set 1#  SPOILER: Show
As found on DA

Set 2#  SPOILER: Show
As found on DA. This user has several NGE cosplay shoots, instead of just linking one I've linked her profile.

First, a 'Hikari Horaki' Cosplay NERV I.D. Card. The cosplayer is aware that Hikari isn't in NERV (she made the card for fun) and notes that she... "forgot the freckles!"

Second, Rei and Kaworu

Third, Asuka and Shinji
Voluntary Illusion.

Return to “Fan Works”