"Orchestrating the Silence" Doujin (WiP thread)

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

Seele00TextOnly
Phospholipid Bilayer
Phospholipid Bilayer

•      
  •      

Postby Seele00TextOnly » Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:35 am

Last edited by Seele00TextOnly on Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Angel of Will
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Angel of Will » Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:32 pm

I'm certainly going to be doing scans once I finish my second draft because of the rough nature of the first (so presenting them on their own right now isn't worth it.)

By the second draft, it'll at least be fully readable, what with the pages, panels, and correct text.
"Reality exists in a place unknown, and dreams exist within reality. And Truth lies in your heart."

arkiel
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby arkiel » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:34 pm

Know what would be awesome? If, when you get the campsite scene, you stuck a telescope in the background. You know, a prop.

Felt like Shinji's interests didn't get near as much emphasis as Asuka's in the story. Great story though. Good luck, doing it justice.
The Weaver - Shinji and a Mad Spider God.
The Foregone Conclusion - Two years into a seemingly endless Angel War.
Wake Up, Ikari! - Wake. The Fuck. UP.
Branching Paths - Specifically 1B, 3B, 6A. Shinji goes crazy and kills a bunch of chinstrap geese.
Beneath, Shinji deals with a ten-year timeskip.

Der Kommissar
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Der Kommissar » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:06 pm

Still interested in this. The little video blogs are kinda interesting to me because my talents don't lean artistic.

Akujin
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Akujin » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:24 pm

Any updates? Also, keep vlogging about it, it motivates and inspires other people too ;)
If heaven is for good people, then it's empty. - l0cke.

Angel of Will
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Angel of Will » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:01 pm

I had edited a prior post to have an update two weeks ago, since I didn't want people to get a thread notification without there being any new material shown. It was easy to miss if you had already been following the thread without reading through it all recently, so I'll just put it down here.

As of now, I haven't done much more work on it. I'm indulging in some Marathon: Infinity and getting a pace down with my school-work.

August 19th Update: I'm alive, and after enough of a hiatus, plodding through the 2nd draft. I'm done the first doujin chapter, 3 of which make up Volume 1/OtS's chapter 1. Heretofore, I'll refer to the work in terms of the doujin format -Chapters/Volumes. This is pretty much a rough comp in pencil that I'll correct in photoshop (it often happens that a drawing done in the moment turns out well, but the placement or size was not payed enough attention. Drawing well is an emotional thing (for me at least), and the investment isn't always well-rounded.) Quality-wise, it goes above and below that of the 1st draft. The most important thing is that it has cohesion on the page at this step. Most of the time, some magic happened in the thumb-nailing, and it's important to not waste time on subsequent rough drafts trying recapture when I can just pull the original onto the final draft and work over it when the time comes.
"Reality exists in a place unknown, and dreams exist within reality. And Truth lies in your heart."

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:21 pm

Whoa, this is amazing dude. I'd only heard about this project recently but didn't know much on the details. I only read this fic a couple weeks ago as well and enjoyed it greatly.

Just watched the first three progress videos and I have to say, I'm blown away on a few levels. Firstly, I'm hugely into comics/graphic novels/manga, so I'm fascinated by the process itself (Going from these dirty thumbs, to the drafts, etcetera). I'm already curious as to how you're going to colour/ink the panels but that's probably a lot further down the track at this point in time. I realise only some pages will be coloured, i.e. splash pages, covers and that kind of thing but I'm still interested in how that pans out.

Second: I love your art style and appreciate how you're leaving your own mark on the work - Not just imitating Sadamoto as you said in another thread, I believe. Pretty much doing your own thing yet retaining the Eva aesthetic. Also, that composition/panoramic panel of the whole beach shot in the second video was absolutely awesome! I cannot wait to see the final product of that.

And thirdly, I think it's great how you're playing around with, or making use of, a lot of elements not only from EOE but from EOTV too. I think it's going to make something really special having done that. I subscribe to Concurrency somewhat, so it's cool to see nods given to both aspects or channels, if you will.

Just watching the vid now where you're showing the thumb of Asuka's transition guide, which we didn't see in EOE. I like how you've done that. Shinji; but not behaving in the same way as the other 'guides'. I like this in contrast between what Sadamoto's done in the manga, which was revealed recently:
http://forum.evageeks.org/post/555729/MANGA-NGE-New-Manga-Stage-Thread/#555729

I noticed you said you were thinking on using Kaji as well but decided against it.

I've got to get ready for work now but when I get back I'm going to watch the rest of the update videos you've got. Suffice to say, I'm going to be following this project diligently now, haha. Keep up the great work Angel of Will. I'm looking forward to seeing more!

:asuka_thumbsup:
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

Angel of Will
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Angel of Will » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:47 pm

^ Thanks for the interest and enthusiasm.

I've given almost all of my attention to another art project for the past several months that has some official school-related priority to it, but I can't just work on one thing forever. I just finished 2nd drafting Chapter 2, and it looks at the moment like there will be 4 chapters in volume 1, instead of 3. I've decided on the titlings for now:

Volume I: Larghetto
Chapter 1: Re-Birth
Chapter 2: Unfamiliar Sky
Chapter 3: Through her eyes...
Chapter 4: The Beginning of Something Else, or Knockin' on Earth's Door

August 31st Update: 81 pages story-boarded and counting. I estimate that Volume 1 will be around 150.

Gemini011
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Gemini011 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:02 pm

I am 100% behind this. I've thought ever since the first time I read OtS that it had a great "visual" feel that would lend itself well to comics... but alas I lack most of the skills to produce such a thing myself. I applaud you for taking on the task, and look forward to seeing more of the fruits of your efforts!

Good luck and have fun!

Angel of Will
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Angel of Will » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:27 pm

I have just finished 2nd-drafting Chapter 3. The stretch ahead for Chapter 4 is promising enjoyment.

I think I'll have something to show you guys before this summer is done.

Trihexa
Embryo

Nice Surprises Like This Still Exist?

•      
  •      

Postby Trihexa » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:19 pm

I love reading fanfiction and I find it awesome that someone would actually take their time to do something like this.
I wish you the best of luck for this project, and other projects you may consider doing in the future.

Have you read Epilogue of Evangelion and Happy End of Evangelion?
They are a bit old, but they may give you inspiration.

Also, first post.
I've only gotten into the Evaverse relatively recently.
Let me return to nothing,
Where there is no one else,
Where my heart will not tremble,
Where nothing can hurt me.
Come, Sweet Death.

Coldwire
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Coldwire » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:06 am

Wow, one of my favorite fics, it's great that you're doing this, thanks for the effort.
I could hide familiar in my pain
serve my sorrows in vain
or I could step right outside
and show you that I'm alive
I'll leave you behind...

Return to “Fan Works”