Minecraft Evangelion Server

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

Sgt. Griff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Sgt. Griff » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:11 am

View Original Post_Xtracrispy_ wrote:That's awesome! Actually the one I made ended up being too big, yours looks much better but its still too large. When the server opens up, I would love your help in developing the Eva world! Were gona need wuite a few good builders ;)

A few good builders eh? PM me. I'll build the crap out of this server
Leave Shinji alone

Kaminoyouni
Zeruel
Zeruel

Postby Kaminoyouni » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:15 pm

Oh very nice indeed, I can't wait to hop on.
Proud Member of F.A.P.
"A twenty-nine year-old woman having her way with a fourteen year-old boy? This is perversion! This is ephebophilia!"
"Ephebophelia...? This is SHOTA!"

WARNING: Brik is being incredibly awesome

Join the Evageeks discord!

_Xtracrispy_
Embryo

Postby _Xtracrispy_ » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:42 pm

Well the server is coming along, still hoping for the 1-2 month release zone. Whoever wants to build on the server just shoot me a PM reminding me and I'll be sure you get an advanced notice :)
Beserksauce

_Xtracrispy_
Embryo

Postby _Xtracrispy_ » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:33 pm

As an update; The PvP arena is complete and the spawn area just needs to be MCEdited into place. The Donator world is under construction and a few nice maps have been found that will be edited as needed. The server is starting to get close, but I would still expect about a months wait time if not a little more.
Beserksauce

Kaminoyouni
Zeruel
Zeruel

Postby Kaminoyouni » Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:30 am

What kind of update will be needed to access the sever, as it is I'm always running pre-release snapshots to connect my friends private sever, which doesn't let me connect to other public ones.

(On the topic of severs, did anyone think of having a vanilla sever go up for some regular ol' MC via team work?)
Proud Member of F.A.P.
"A twenty-nine year-old woman having her way with a fourteen year-old boy? This is perversion! This is ephebophilia!"
"Ephebophelia...? This is SHOTA!"

WARNING: Brik is being incredibly awesome

Join the Evageeks discord!

_Xtracrispy_
Embryo

Postby _Xtracrispy_ » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:26 am

Personally I'm not a huge fan of snapshots, really only because they're sometimes unstable but I'm hoping to open during 1.2. And after the major construction aspect of the Eva worlds is complete, I was thinking about making them have an RPG or Pvp type direction. It will be vanilla at some point lol

EDIT: I lied about being vanilla. As mentioned earlier I would like to implement certain mod such as the Zeppelin mod should they be released for multi-player, but only things that would enhance the Eva worlds. NOT make them a walk in the park for whoever wants in.
Beserksauce

_Xtracrispy_
Embryo

Postby _Xtracrispy_ » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:25 pm

For anyone who hasn't been keeping up with the Minecraft updates: the regular max world height was doubled. Everyone can thank Jeb for greatly expediting the server. And on the topic of the server, I'm now throwing in all the necessary details for the regular world.

Since its going to be a light RPG type server, I've been kicking around the idea of basing the short background story off of the human instrumentality project. Does that sound awesome? Or way to cheesy/ unoriginal?
Beserksauce

Sgt. Griff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Sgt. Griff » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:27 pm

^Certainly not. As long as you are reasonable with the story. (Keep in mind that using strange buildings as an Instrumentality sequence only works if you're EPIC, and have too much time with redstone)
Leave Shinji alone

_Xtracrispy_
Embryo

Postby _Xtracrispy_ » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:22 pm

Oh so true, I was thinking something along the line of the whole post apocalyptic thing only hundreds of years later but without turning into yet another fallout shelter. It's gonna be kinda cool, the city near spawn will be relatively empty leaving the players to fill it up. Players will be payed to build great buildings in spawn. Oh and you'll actually have to go through dungeons or obstacle courses to unlock high level items and tools such as anything made out of diamonds and buckets.
Beserksauce

_Xtracrispy_
Embryo

Postby _Xtracrispy_ » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:22 pm

Hi again everyone!
Some awesome news with 1.2!
The bad--
-MCEdit has not updated, meaning all my wonderful schematics for the server cant be transfered into 1.2. My laptop also lacks the memory needed to convert the save (With the spawn arena etc.) into the new 1.2 format.
-Now the server is truly on standby until I can build my PC OR if someone knows of another program that can use schematics.

The super awesome news--
-Anvil should make construction of the Evangelion worlds much much easier, without any reliance on mods or plugins.
-The server is nearing completion! I have a few minor things to attend to, however its pretty much there.

The server will be heavily aimed towards the community, I'll be trying to involve players in every aspect of the game. As mentioned earlier; when everything starts out there will be a highly reduced number of game elements. Players will have to explore and work towards unlocking elements that enable an expansive game play experience. Before any single person punches a tree, I need a bit of help deciding the key aspects of the server. There's going to be a new thread where anyone can make a suggestion for the server. I'm looking for any input on any topic on the thread. Help is much appreciated!
Beserksauce

Return to “Fan Works”