Evangelion Fan Art [ 6/23/2004 - 7/8/2011 ]

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

Olin of Xephon
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby Olin of Xephon » Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:04 pm

No friends and neighbors, Nephilim is NOT done making us feel bad with his god like drawing skills! Good grief man, that's awesome!

ADV should talk to YOU about Eva designs and Movie posters for the Live action Eva movie, you give anything Sadamoto does a run for it's money!

And Reichu, YOU'RE the guy reponsible for that naked Evas site?
The one with Beyond Eden's shore fan fic and the drawings of Sammael and the Scions and all that?

Sir, I salute you!
I asked "And where would you take me?"
At this the beast laughed, tears made of my mother's blood leaked from his eyes.
"I will take you to every place you never wanted to be, and you will hate it."
"Then I will take you to every place you've already been, and you will hate that also."
"Last I will take you to the places you have always dreamed of, and that you'll hate worst of all."

Nephilim
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby Nephilim » Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:32 pm

Olin of Xephon wrote:And Reichu, YOU'RE the guy reponsible for that naked Evas site?
The one with Beyond Eden's shore fan fic and the drawings of Sammael and the Scions and all that?

Sir, I salute you!
Man, she's a lady! :roll:
*insert cool signature here*

Dark FireStar
Arael
Arael

Postby Dark FireStar » Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:09 pm

(thought) Damm it I hate it when people draw better then me!(end thought)

Hey thos are beautiful keep'em comeing!^_^
Don't ban me for a limited time! Either ban me for good or let me be. (I only hold grudges for a few years lol)

sadsadshinji
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby sadsadshinji » Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:38 pm

did you do the adam on the egg drawing reichu? the anatomy is amazing...

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:38 pm

Nephilim wrote:REICHU!!! i would love to see more of your fanart!!!! :D
And i am sure that everyone else does!

I suppose pending an update to my poor neglected website, I might as well. I just wanted to make sure it was okay with you, first.

Olin of Xephon wrote:ADV should talk to YOU about Eva designs and Movie posters for the Live action Eva movie, you give anything Sadamoto does a run for it's money!

To be realistic, Nephilim is a mere bean sprout compared to what Sadamoto has demonstrated himself capable of. (And, even then, Sadamoto has expressed discontent with the ongoing development of his own work...) I'm not trying to be mean, but it is extremely rash to compare a trained professional who has worked in the anime field for over a decade to a fan artist who makes some pretty Eva fan-art. (I have no idea what your non-Eva work is like, Neph, so I can't make any further statements there.) Similarly, I feel quite a bit of disdain whenever people have told me that my work is the 'best they've ever seen' -- which only seems to indicate that they have seen remarkably little...

And Reichu, YOU'RE the guy reponsible for that naked Evas site?

Sir, I salute you!

You bet. What gave me away? As it goes, I am still drawing (and occasionally painting/sculpting) naked Evas -- it's some kind of disease on my part, I think -- even though my website implies that I have been dead since last February. The thing badly needs a complete overhaul, and I badly need to register all of the "other" (non-Eva) stuff I've done in the past couple of years with the Copyright Office, which are both preventing me from actually updating the thing. Eh, some day it'll happen.

And, yes, sadsadshinji, the Adam-egg sketch is mine.

Now that I think about it, with the trouble it would take me to prepare some of my pics for posting here, I might as well just add them to my site, however much I hate the current site setup... I'll post the link here whenever it's ready.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hexon.Arq » Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:49 pm

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world... I want to kick someone in the nuts.

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

Nephilim
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby Nephilim » Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:13 pm

Reichu wrote:
Olin of Xephon wrote:ADV should talk to YOU about Eva designs and Movie posters for the Live action Eva movie, you give anything Sadamoto does a run for it's money!
To be realistic, Nephilim is a mere bean sprout compared to what Sadamoto has demonstrated himself capable of. (And, even then, Sadamoto has expressed discontent with the ongoing development of his own work...) I'm not trying to be mean, but it is extremely rash to compare a trained professional who has worked in the anime field for over a decade to a fan artist who makes some pretty Eva fan-art. (I have no idea what your non-Eva work is like, Neph, so I can't make any further statements there.) Similarly, I feel quite a bit of disdain whenever people have told me that my work is the 'best they've ever seen' -- which only seems to indicate that they have seen remarkably little...
It's obvious that no amateur fanartist will ever beat sadamoto's art. But still is always hard to hear the truth :cry: sobsobsob
*insert cool signature here*

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Sat Nov 06, 2004 3:46 am

Nephilim wrote:It's obvious that no amateur fanartist will ever beat sadamoto's art. But still is always hard to hear the truth :cry: sobsobsob

Why should one try to "beat" Sadamoto at all? Respect his work, then go and do your own, refine your own abilities and interests, and find your own place in the world. Preferably one that inspires leagues of imitators whom you can sue for $$$. (Just kidding.)
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Dark FireStar
Arael
Arael

Postby Dark FireStar » Sat Nov 06, 2004 3:49 am

Very honorable Reichu and corney LOL.
Don't ban me for a limited time! Either ban me for good or let me be. (I only hold grudges for a few years lol)

Ayanami
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby Ayanami » Sat Nov 06, 2004 2:08 pm

Gwahaha...

While I'm no Sadamoto myself, here are a couple little deedlies I've done.

[url]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/Faye-Faye/62a29c93.jpg[/url]

I did this little number over the summer. Not too bad, but a lot of things could've been better. Her hand is abnormally small, for one thing. For another thing, her left shoulder should be raised higher, since she's resting her weight on her left arm. Other than that, I really like how it turned out. The coloring job absolutely blows, but that's just because this was more or less an experiment in coloring. -.-;

[url]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/Faye-Faye/asukarei.jpg[/url]

This one I really like. I think Asuka and Rei turned out looking really good. I did this one only a couple weeks ago. Considering how my inking skills are pretty much nonexistent, I kept it in pencil. I did the shading job in like, 5 seconds, but it looks nice. I'm just pissed off about Rei's hanging leg. The damn erased lines are still showing. >_<

Also, beware of giant images.
Close your eyes and listen hard

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby DatDude » Sat Nov 06, 2004 5:42 pm

Nice pics Ayanami but the question begs to be asked the stuffed monkey's name if " Shinji " right?
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

Ayanami
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby Ayanami » Sat Nov 06, 2004 5:56 pm

*Big shrug* I dunno. Go ahead and call him Shinji if you want, though. o_o; The stuffed monkey was supposed to be the one Asuka had when she was little. :P

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Sun Nov 07, 2004 9:09 pm

Dark FireStar wrote:Very honorable Reichu and corney LOL.

What can I say. I'm a corny person. :D
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Cogboy
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby Cogboy » Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:51 am

yeah those are some nice sketches. would you mind if i had a go at colouring the second one? I'd quite like something to play with.

EDIT: You know what, i tried it and i suck so i'll just admire it how it is. :?
"My point? "Sick and Depraved" is a banana." - Soluzar.

"I have those frameless glasses and shit. And emo glasses, but I broke them 'cause I got angry. :( " - Shnooks.

"Old quotes are old" - Cogboy

sadsadshinji
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby sadsadshinji » Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:27 am

how long did they take you? they are pretty good except for some problems with anatomy....and the faces dont seem to resmble the characters quite so much.

Dark FireStar
Arael
Arael

Postby Dark FireStar » Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:15 pm

sadsadshinji wrote:how long did they take you? they are pretty good except for some problems with anatomy....and the faces dont seem to resmble the characters quite so much.

Well that a hell of a lot better than I can do lol.

Ayanami
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby Ayanami » Mon Nov 08, 2004 5:12 pm

sadsadshinji wrote:how long did they take you? they are pretty good except for some problems with anatomy....and the faces dont seem to resmble the characters quite so much.

Well, for the first picture, I honestly don't remember how long it took me. Maybe like, a hour or something to draw it and then clean it up a bit. The second picture took me longer. I think I spent a few hours on each girl separately, then I used my makeshift lightbox (since I'm so poor o_o) to retrace them both onto one sheet of paper. The one that I linked is actually a second version of what I first did. The first one I did, I did more in-depth shading, but ended up screwing it up. So I just retraced it again, and did just a little, quick shading.

As for anatomy, yeah, that's something I have to work on. But if you'd seen some of my earlier stuff (even just from the beginning of the year), I think I've definitely improved. And as for the faces, when I draw fan-art, I don't like to stay absolutely true to the original. I'll do my own thing on the faces, but still try to keep the resemblance there.

Thanks everyone, for the comments. ^_^

Dark FireStar
Arael
Arael

Postby Dark FireStar » Mon Nov 08, 2004 5:27 pm

Ayanami wrote:
Thanks everyone, for the comments. ^_^

You mean worship lol.

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

Postby the_seventh_child » Tue Nov 09, 2004 7:18 am

i just saw this..Ayanami you draw well..good work..
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

Olin of Xephon
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby Olin of Xephon » Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:59 pm

Sometimes there is so much beuty in thw orld I want to kick someone in the nuts

:lol: I'm going to remember that one Hexon! :lol:

I wasn't trying to suggest Nephilim replace Sadamoto, but he's has a very good feel for the Evangelions and could provide better desing concepts IMHO. Of course, Sadamoto didn't design the Evas so that might be beside the point.

I DO however feel tha Nephilim could provide some impressive posters for that fabled Live action Eva movie, there is a lot of emotion in his work.

Sadamoto is at his best illustrating characters and places. Nephilim's work (from what I've seen) is a little more surreal, whimsical, I like it a lot and feel it does give a lot of sadamoto's work compettion, it's not empty praise or rash thoughts, It's my honest opinion.

And my humblest apologies, I didn't know you where a memebr of the fairer sex Reichu. What got you into drawings naked Evas?
Why do they interest you so much? You works are bizzare and disturbing...of course that means I love them a lot! :D
I asked "And where would you take me?"
At this the beast laughed, tears made of my mother's blood leaked from his eyes.
"I will take you to every place you never wanted to be, and you will hate it."
"Then I will take you to every place you've already been, and you will hate that also."
"Last I will take you to the places you have always dreamed of, and that you'll hate worst of all."

Return to “Fan Works”