Considering doing an evangelion parody vid

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

Number 44
Adam

Considering doing an evangelion parody vid

•      
  •      

Postby Number 44 » Mon May 09, 2011 9:52 pm

I've seriously been considering doing an Evangelion parody vid in the same vein as ReDeath. Basically, I have two concepts I'd like to build it around.

First, I hope to produce it so it comes out like a Mockbuster gone very, very wrong.

After all, every film of that type does go wrong anyways.

Thus, my working title Evangelion 5.0: The Rebuild.

Second, I want to base it completely on the 'sequel theory' of the Rebuild movies. I'd actually be banking on 'sequel theory' being proved wrong by the time 3.0, and 4.0 come out to really make this feel like a horrid rip off.

I'm not sure sequel theory is common enough outside this forum to make it the basis for a parody vid though.

I've already got enough ideas to start testing if I can make it work. I need your feed back though. Is it a bad idea? Too hard? Too stupid? Something you would watch?

Need your opinions, thanks.
No matter how many times you watch your copy of End of Evangelion, the ending is not going to change.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Re: Considering doing an evangelion parody vid

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Mon May 09, 2011 10:07 pm

View Original PostNumber 44 wrote:I'm not sure sequel theory is common enough outside this forum to make it the basis for a parody vid though.

The question isn't "how common is it?", the question is "how is the sequel theory funny?". Would you basically be making it a parody set after the events of The End of Evangelion? If that's it, I would just be sure to avoid using too much of retreaded plot from the new films.

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby esselfortium » Mon May 09, 2011 10:26 pm

I agree with TEM that this idea sounds rather poorly thought out, but in fairness I do have to say, the idea of splicing clips together to form a narrative about an angry crowd from another anime chasing after Gendo and Fuyutski for vengeance after Third Impact as the wanted pair escape via donkey... that'd be a movie I'd watch, for sure. Could you make that?

Seele00TextOnly
Phospholipid Bilayer
Phospholipid Bilayer

•      
  •      

Postby Seele00TextOnly » Mon May 09, 2011 10:29 pm

Last edited by Seele00TextOnly on Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Mon May 09, 2011 10:35 pm

View Original Postesselfortium wrote:I agree with TEM that this idea sounds rather poorly thought out

That's not what I was saying at all. I just want to know what the humor is going to be derived from.

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby esselfortium » Mon May 09, 2011 10:38 pm

S-sorry.. :shinji_blush:

Number 44
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Number 44 » Mon May 09, 2011 10:42 pm

View Original PostThe Eva Monkey wrote:The question isn't "how common is it?", the question is "how is the sequel theory funny?". Would you basically be making it a parody set after the events of The End of Evangelion? If that's it, I would just be sure to avoid using too much of retreaded plot from the new films.

Yep after EoE.

You maybe right, sequel theory might be too complex a set up. I'm allready aware I have to remain very flexable to work with clip work footage.

I do have some gags I can set up with sequel theory though.

One example I call the Rei 5+ gag. Where as in the orginal Rei in NGE is a clone of Yui, here it turns out she is a clone of Rei from the original. But they lose the original DNA, and have to make the new clones from Rei 4 DNA, thus all Rei's after 4 are a clone of a clone of a clone. Resulting some close, but not quiet Reis.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FountainOfExpies

Use whatever footage, from whatever series works for this. Theres also Deju Vu humor.

But maybe I wouldn't need sequel theory to set these up.

Thanks for fast response, keep it coming!
No matter how many times you watch your copy of End of Evangelion, the ending is not going to change.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Tue May 10, 2011 7:09 am

Doing humor derived from a sequel setup isn't a bad idea. As with any fan parody, you just need to think about what you have to work with, and how to make it work.

There is plenty of potential in your idea. It's mostly execution.

One thing is for certain, nobody has done something like this yet.

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Stryker » Tue May 10, 2011 3:45 pm

View Original Postesselfortium wrote:the idea of splicing clips together to form a narrative about an angry crowd from another anime chasing after Gendo and Fuyutski for vengeance after Third Impact as the wanted pair escape via donkey... that'd be a movie I'd watch, for sure. Could you make that?

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF---CK YA!!!!

Still waiting for a "Shinji's an everyday normal guy"
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

Return to “Fan Works”