Your Eva fan art and letters are wanted...

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

Carl Horn
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Carl Horn » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:02 pm

Thanks for the inquiries! I'm looking forward to seeing people's submissions. Here's more information:

1.) If you have a letter and/or fan art that you specifically intend for Campus Apocalypse or Shinji Ikari, please mention this and we'll do our best to place it in that particular title (although this can't be guaranteed, depending on schedules). But submissions without a preference, and also, submissions related to Eva in general (i.e., the TV show, the movies, etc., etc.) are fine, too. If you've seen previous volumes, the letters and art (we've also run photos) have been on a wide range of Eva-related themes. We'll also do our best to get back to you once we know where, and in what volume, your letters and/or art will appear.

2.) "Misato's Fan Service Center" is in the b/w section of the book (color is reserved for the color manga pages in the front, usually the first four), so it's either grayscale or line art. Of course, if your piece is in color, we can always run a grayscale version of it (and have already done so for previous submissions). For all art, please send at 300 dpi or higher if possible--as you know, print requires higher quality than the web (the manga itself is originally at 1200 dpi, for example). Image size isn't a problem as long as it's about 10 MB or less.

--C.

oOoOoOo
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby oOoOoOo » Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:54 pm

Geez guys, Carl Horn posts a nice thread you've all gotta be total mega-dorks.

Hopefully we can channel our fannish powers for delicious contributions. I may even stop licking toads for five minutes and join y'all.
~ O-chan is soooo 2D right now.

Carl Horn
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Carl Horn » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:52 pm

Thank you for the response so far! I just wanted to mention that the deadline for consideration in vol. 8 of The Shinji Ikari Raising Project is coming up soon, but there's always future volumes...:)

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:00 pm

View Original PostoOoOoOo wrote:Geez guys, Carl Horn posts a nice thread you've all gotta be total mega-dorks.
Carl Horn has always had such powah, look at Eva Monkey for example
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

Carl Horn
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Carl Horn » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:31 am

I just wanted to say that submissions for The Shinji Ikari Raising Project Vol. 9 and Campus Apocalypse Vol. 4 are now kicking in, so please keep your fan art and/or comments and/or photos arriving to the letters column for these two manga, "Misato's Fan Service Center." Remember, MFSC is for all aspects of Eva--it doesn't have to be about these two manga specifically (although it can be!) If you were thinking about sending in something before, but didn't get around to it...chaaansu, as Asuka would say. Details at the start of the thread!

LiLi
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby LiLi » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:39 am

Just wanted to check something... Are submissions open to non-US residents as well?
"People need more stfu in their diets." (NemZ)
"It was brainf@rt at first sight." [LiLi on Romance, II]

AVATAR - CUPCAKE CAT, SHOPPED BY NemZ

Carl Horn
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Carl Horn » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:47 pm

View Original PostLiLi wrote:Just wanted to check something... Are submissions open to non-US residents as well?

Yes, certainly! So far we've had letters from Canada, Ireland and Greece in addition to the United States.

tehprognoob
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby tehprognoob » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:01 pm

lol oh hai carl wuzzup?
It's the guy who forgot to say his apartment # and didn't get the fan, lol :)

Carl Horn
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Carl Horn » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:39 pm

This is the semi-monthly reminder alarm ^_^ to keep sending in your Evangelion letters and/or fan art to [email protected], or, if you've been thinking about doing something but haven't done it, to do it. Huh-huh, I said "do it."

--Carl

Carl Horn
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Carl Horn » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:56 am

February is here, meaning another request to keep sending in your fan letters and/or art. The Shinji Ikari Raising Project Vol. 8 has already gone to press, but we'd love to see your stuff in Vol. 9!

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:19 pm

Entries for Shinji Ikari Vol 09 are still being accepted, yes? I'm going to buckle down and submit something, that Asuka Shikinami topper has caught my eye for awhile now. :sweatdrop:

Awesome to see that Def's entry made it in for Vol 08!
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Carl Horn
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Carl Horn » Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:53 pm

Sailor Star Dust's post is a timely reminder indeed! Yes, we'd still like to receive your Evangelion fan art to go in the manga, and/or any comments on your personal impressions of the series and how it affected you. Think of it as your own personal Instrumentality Project. :sweatdrop: If you've seen previous volumes of The Shinji Ikari Raising Project and Campus Apocalypse, you'll know that serious and funny are both fine! Details (i.e., where to send it) are at the start of the thread.

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:26 pm

Awesome to see that Def's entry made it in for Vol 08!

:rei_hissyfit: :rei_hissyfit: :rei_hissyfit:

But yes I really should do some more fanart when I get some time
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

tehprognoob
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby tehprognoob » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:54 am

well, it's been a while since my entry (the Asuka fishing one) was accepted, so imma do a new one. you don't mind musume, right?

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:19 pm

My copy of SIRP 8 finnally came in the mail today. As usual Carl had a lot of interesting things to say when responding to my letter. I hope he'll be at acen this year.

Good idea about doing a manga based on the funny evangelion related stuff that happened with me and my friends. Though most of the stories I do for tales and parasite galaxy are pretty far removed from our world so I'm not sure how well that would mesh without being really creative, of course being really creative with it certainly is an option as I'm quite good at that.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:38 pm

I managed to get in Volume 10, as mentioned here and here.

Fun way to give yourself 15 minutes of fame and the prizes are pretty nice as well. Highly recommended! (And Shinji Ikari Raising Project IS pretty hilarious at times, if nothing else.)

Thanks again Carl for the lovely prize! :)
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Tribblepoo
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Tribblepoo » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:15 pm

View Original Postchazthesilencer wrote:You people need to discover the wonders of powerpoint.

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/3202/shadyrei.jpg

Free avatar for anyone who wants.

Did you make this and if so, have you done other characters, Eva's or angels? I think Misato, Gendo, Unit-02 and Zeruel would all look awesome like this.
"Having sex with extreme gas must be how the Scots came up with the idea for bagpipes."

Return to “Fan Works”