Evangelion shit on eBay.

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
IrkenEvangelion
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby IrkenEvangelion » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:02 am

They have the limited edition 2.0 Zippos on there. I'd like to get the Mari one when I find a couple hundred dollars laying around.

I want Mari of course.
THIS IS STEINS;GATE'S CHOICE!
----<3 Merchant meets Spicy Wolf <3----
8 YEARS OF EVA, Does it mean something to you?
EvaPedia|Xbox Live|El Psy Congroo

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:17 pm

Oh look, a lot with volume 9 of the manga:

36 hours to go, and currently only at $2.25. It will probably spike up towards the end. But who knows? Maybe someone will get a good deal.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:51 pm

Anybody looking for a Red Cross Book (EoE Program Booklet)?

http://cgi.ebay.com/HTF-The-End-Neon-Genesis-Evangelion-movie-pamphlet-/220677974515

Seller also has standard issue D&R Booklet available:

http://cgi.ebay.com/HTF-Evangelion-DEATH-Evangelion-REBIRTH-movie-pamphlet-/220677975467

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:45 pm

Naisu! :asuka_happy:

Too bad I don't have any money on hand at the moment, but those look like they're are in good condition.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Fazmotron
Admin Emeritus :-{|

•      
  •      

Postby Fazmotron » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:14 pm

ALL MINE!

Thanks for the links EM.
[Became a moderator on August 14th, 2011. Became an administrator on September 7th, 2013.]
--Fazmotron--
A.K.A. - Ryan Farrell
How Chaz sees me.
BobBQ - I find your lack of :-{| disturbing.

FAZMOTRON.com

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:15 pm

Lucky. Enjoy?

Mind scanning 'em if you can? >_>

Fazmotron

•      
  •      

Postby Fazmotron » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:17 pm

º3º
[Became a moderator on August 14th, 2011. Became an administrator on September 7th, 2013.]
--Fazmotron--
A.K.A. - Ryan Farrell
How Chaz sees me.
BobBQ - I find your lack of :-{| disturbing.

FAZMOTRON.com

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:25 pm

This seller seems to have a lot of manufacturer sealed Evangelion CDs and such, and is in North America. Looks like pretty decent prices for the American kids.

http://shop.ebay.com/animengamemusic/m.html?_nkw=evangelion&_sacat=0&_odkw=&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3911.c0.m270.l1313

AchtungAffen
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby AchtungAffen » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:01 pm

All 3 theatrical programs have already been scanned in HQ, a long long time ago by TheKillingMantra.
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

- Original activist against the lockers-that-be -

Killer Bee
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Can't beat prices like those.

•      
  •      

Postby Killer Bee » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:04 pm

View Original PostThe Eva Monkey wrote:This seller seems to have a lot of manufacturer sealed Evangelion CDs and such, and is in North America. Looks like pretty decent prices for the American kids.

http://shop.ebay.com/animengamemusic/m.html?_nkw=evangelion&_sacat=0&_odkw=&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3911.c0.m270.l1313

Looks like it's time to finally pick up the 2.0 OST.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:37 pm

The ones that cost anywhere from $7-8 (and the ones that are $13 and $18) are probably bootlegs, unless they're just being sold super-cheap (which I'm skeptical of) like Righstuf sometimes does.

I think those S2 Works CDs are bootlegs too, given this: http://forum.evageeks.org/viewtopic.php?p=24486 But uhh..yeah. Not sure there.

It's hard to not be suspicious when the CD number and label (should be King Records) isn't mentioned anywhere.

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

•      
  •      

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:13 pm

There is an eBay seller in Hong Kong as well who sells the NGE OST for super cheap.

I don´t think that they´re bootlegs, but just chinese licensed versions or something.

Killer Bee
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

But it appears they're at least GOOD bootlegs, so...

•      
  •      

Postby Killer Bee » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:31 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:The ones that cost anywhere from $7-8 (and the ones that are $13 and $18) are probably bootlegs, unless they're just being sold super-cheap (which I'm skeptical of) like Righstuf sometimes does.

I think those S2 Works CDs are bootlegs too, given this: http://forum.evageeks.org/viewtopic.php?p=24486 But uhh..yeah. Not sure there.

It's hard to not be suspicious when the CD number and label (should be King Records) isn't mentioned anywhere.

Welp, after reading their feedback it looks as if the CDs are indeed bootlegs, which sucks because I just ordered one from them. DAMMIT AARON I'M BLAMING YOU FOR THIS. :shinji_boohoo:

IrkenEvangelion
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby IrkenEvangelion » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:35 pm

If I had a dollar for every time I bought something on eBay and then regretted it a couple hours after paying... I'd have probably about 12 dollars.
THIS IS STEINS;GATE'S CHOICE!
----<3 Merchant meets Spicy Wolf <3----
8 YEARS OF EVA, Does it mean something to you?
EvaPedia|Xbox Live|El Psy Congroo

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:52 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:The ones that cost anywhere from $7-8 (and the ones that are $13 and $18) are probably bootlegs, unless they're just being sold super-cheap (which I'm skeptical of) like Righstuf sometimes does.

Got them today. Yup. All bootlegs. Every single one. Looked up the companies that manufactured them, not even licensed reproductions. Debating sending them back.

Killer Bee
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

I have, like... moral OCD or something.

•      
  •      

Postby Killer Bee » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:15 pm

View Original PostThe Eva Monkey wrote:Got them today. Yup. All bootlegs. Every single one. Looked up the companies that manufactured them, not even licensed reproductions. Debating sending them back.

I got mine today, too. Why can't legit companies ship this quickly? T_T

I contacted the seller asking for a refund, but they haven't responded yet. As far as bootlegs go, they sure are nice ones, but I'd rather have the real thing.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Re: I have, like... moral OCD or something.

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:56 pm

View Original PostKiller Bee wrote:I got mine today, too. Why can't legit companies ship this quickly? T_T

I contacted the seller asking for a refund, but they haven't responded yet. As far as bootlegs go, they sure are nice ones, but I'd rather have the real thing.

It would be one thing if it was a Chinese edition, but in this case, what I got was manufactured by a company that definitely produces bootlegs, and the original companies do not benefit in any way.

Let me know how it goes for you. Depending on how they respond to you, I'll tailor my own inquiry. I'd like to return for a refund. After all, why buy pirated copies of goods I already have downloaded illegally?

Who would think buying a legitimate product could be such a hassle?

At any rate, I opened the DVDs I got. Might as well rip them will I have them.

Killer Bee
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

The word "refund" reminds me of refried beans.

•      
  •      

Postby Killer Bee » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:11 am

View Original PostThe Eva Monkey wrote:After all, why buy pirated copies of goods I already have downloaded illegally?

Exactly. What's the point of paying for pirated music? That, like, takes all the fun out of it.

View Original PostThe Eva Monkey wrote:Let me know how it goes for you. Depending on how they respond to you, I'll tailor my own inquiry. I'd like to return for a refund.

Okay, just got a reply. They gave me an address and said to simply send the CDs there, and to let them know when I ship it so they're aware it's coming and can refund me as soon as possible.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Re: The word "refund" reminds me of refried beans.

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:29 am

View Original PostKiller Bee wrote:Okay, just got a reply. They gave me an address and said to simply send the CDs there, and to let them know when I ship it so they're aware it's coming and can refund me as soon as possible.

So basically, even though they say "No returns accepted", if I'm firm with them, they'll take it back because they would rather take the occasional return rather than have a bunch of reports/cases and negative feedback about bootlegs?

If that's the case, I'll have to do the same, because seriously, paying money for pirated goods is totally retarded, at least in this day and age, the internet being what it is. I already have soft copies of everything that I bought, aside from the two music DVDs.

Killer Bee
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Mari's dick is bigger than yours.

•      
  •      

Postby Killer Bee » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:27 am

View Original PostThe Eva Monkey wrote:So basically, even though they say "No returns accepted", if I'm firm with them, they'll take it back because they would rather take the occasional return rather than have a bunch of reports/cases and negative feedback about bootlegs?

Exactly. In fact, right on the description page it says: "If for any reason you are not satisfied with your purchase, please contact us before leaving us negative feedback and we will try our best to solve the problem for you."

Seems they're really allergic to negative feedback. I was going to leave them neutral feedback once I got refunded, but I may leave them negative just to be a dick. :nyao:

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”