[Manga] Shinji Ikari Raising Project

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
distopia
Lilith

Re: [Manga] Shinji Ikari Raising Project

•      
  •      

Postby distopia » Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:37 pm

In Italy Shinji Ikari Raising Project #17 will be out in March 2016. We've reached Japanese edition...
Still no news from Japan about tankobon #18 (it was said #18 would be out in summer 2015...)

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:01 pm

It's not like they would've cancelled Vol 18, right? That would just be silly.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

distopia
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby distopia » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:25 am

Alright, alright! Almost done...
The final chapter will be published on Shonen Ace (April issue, out in February)!
Obviously there are no news about the 18th tankobon...

http://distopia.altervista.org/2016/01/ ... raio-2016/

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:40 pm

Shirtpunch had a promo where they were throwing in vol. 1 with all shirt orders a couple weeks ago, which coincided with Rei and Asuka shirt designs. My order came in last week but haven't read it yet.
Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:09 am

Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:50 pm

So I actually had a day off & decided to give this manga a whirl.
The art is VERY well done & I can imagine Hideaki Anno looked at this while writing 'You Can (Not) Advance' & went "Okay, if this is what the fans want let's give it to them..... for now". But, the whole thing is tediously repetitive & (I hate the word) kinda rapey.

I can buy Shinji being a klutz & falling over but his hands & face get EVERYWHERE.

It's okay in the end. I'd be curious to see hear how it all ends.

Shark Knight
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Shark Knight » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:00 am

So is this sort of like Girlfriend of steel?
Let None Find Us Wanting

Shamsiel-kun
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Shamsiel-kun » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:09 pm

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:I can buy Shinji being a klutz & falling over but his hands & face get EVERYWHERE.

Where EVERYWHERE means "especially in the girls' private parts".
The singularity is the rapture for nerds, dude. It's not going to happen. - Chuckman

mammaluser
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby mammaluser » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:25 am

View Original PostShark Knight wrote:So is this sort of like Girlfriend of steel?

It's kind of like it, but of course it has more comedy and more fan service (like any other school life - slice of life manga),
SPOILER: Show
but one thing is that the protagonist of girlfriend of steel (i don't remember her name) appears in this manga.
"I wish that i could turn back time..."

distopia
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby distopia » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:23 am

View Original Postmammaluser wrote:It's kind of like it, but of course it has more comedy and more fan service (like any other school life - slice of life manga),
but one thing is that the protagonist of girlfriend of steel (i don't remember her name) appears in this manga.

Mana Kirishima

mammaluser
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby mammaluser » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:25 pm

View Original Postdistopia wrote:
Mana Kirishima

That was it! c:

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Tue May 17, 2016 5:09 pm

Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Tue May 17, 2016 5:10 pm

Shinji looks so Moe in this pic.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:12 am

I tried really hard to read this manga, I just couldn't get on with it I think the over use of fan service just got on my nerves somewhat. So if you really like fan service then this is right up your street, I also couldn't get on with Angelic Days, I just found it kind of boring. The only manga I liked outside the AU was Campus Apocalypse and from what I've heard Dark Horse have licensed another AU Evangelion series.

Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legend of the Piko-Piko Middle School Students (Shinseiki Evangelion: Piko-Piko Chūgakusei Densetsu) is a gag manga spinoff of Neon Genesis Evangelion. The manga takes place at NERV middle school, which raises kids to be Evangelion pilots in order to combat mysterious giant lifeforms. The school recruits gamers from around the world
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-07-01/dark-horse-licenses-hatsune-miku-evangelion-spinoff-manga-h.p-lovecraft-manga-adaptation/.103841
http://comic-walker.com/viewer/?tw=2&dlcl=ja&cid=KDCW_KS02000021010001_68
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

mammaluser
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby mammaluser » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:27 pm

View Original PostBlueBasilisk wrote:http://neweva.blog103.fc2.com/blog-entry-4524.html
Look, the gang's all here! ^_^

I hope the last chapters get here soon! :c

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:23 am

Oh, how I love this lighthearted take on Evangelion by giving us a few of those pairings we all read and write about.

Shinji and every ship! Rei and Asuka working together to block anyone else from having a shot with Shinji (sorry Mana and Kaworu).
Yui and Kyoko being there also makes it fun, with Yui slapping Gendo for being a pervert, and Kyoko being like a cat and napping all the time (plus her wanting Asuka and Shinji to get married and have kids is awesome!) Shinji and Asuka actually being friends is nice, and seeing the conflict in Asuka as she treis to admit to herself she actually likes (or loves) Shinji is probably the funniest thing ever.

Sure the fanservice is over the top ridiculous (it has more nudity then Wanna be the Strongest in the World [yeah, google that], and it exemplifies Rule 34) which makes it difficult to read outside the house, but the story is still enjoyable, and I can't wait to read the rest of it.

Shinji just needs to stop being a super pervert and landing in every girl's crotch. (I'm sorry!) Bro, learn how to walk, and then ask the girl out on a date first, have some dinner, don't try to steal third base! And poor Rei seems to bear the brunt of his accidents, followed of course by Asuka.

Besides all the nudity, its still a good manga
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

redspectacles
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby redspectacles » Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:04 am

I just got the first Shinji Ikari Raising Project omnibus volume, and I'm right in the middle of part that you cite as homophobic. I suppose it could be read that way, but it's not mean-spirited. Really, all that's going on here is Asuka being wildly jealous about what appears to be a BL situation developing between Shinji and Kaworu. But remember, previously she was just as jealous of Rei. Even though she's always denying that it's 'not like that' between her and Shinji, it really is.

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:04 pm

The lack of news made me curious, so I purchased a copy from BookWalker.

It looks like something happens to Rei during an Eva test and it's up to Shinji and Asuka to save her. Seele is involved somehow. After they get Rei back, her memories seem muddled for a while, but she gets them back in pretty quick order with everyone's help.

As for the ships, it looks like that maintains the status quo and the series ends on a note of friendship all around. Last Stage just has Shinji, Rei, Asuka, Mana, Toji Kensuke and Hikari hanging out together. Shinji faceplants into boobs, of course.

Here are the last couple pages if anyone's curious:

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:38 pm

Gah. If I would've invested proper time and energy into that manga instead of a passing interest, I would've been pretty disappointed by the ending (I mean, 18 volumes?!).
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:47 pm

Obviously this only makes sense in the light of the original (and it leaving you with a craving for these characters doing silly highschool au stuff) & isn't meant to be read in one shot but more as a 'light snack' now and then.

There's the "fumigating Misatos room" chapter that started harmlessly enough but gave us a random Yuri scene...

The author certainly must have a serious face sitting/panty fetish, I guess you just have to filter tit or read it in the right mood.

I appreciate that Rei is still vaguely an introvert in this despite all the silly. See, fanfic writers? Not that hard.

Also, aparently Hikari and Asuka like Sakura:

Though the "Maybe you'll meet her one day" sounds sinister in the light of Q.

Though it's srange/interesting to see Yui acting as NERV's leader in the semi-plotty characters, Kyoko being around, Rei and Asuka being familiar with Yui & Gendo and referring to them as 'auntie' and 'uncle'. There IS a sense of 'what could have been' somewhere in there.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”