Evangelion ANIMA (general)

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Someone
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Someone » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:38 am

View Original Postsoul.assassin wrote:Kensuke has four Reis to choose from. :lol:

Well, 3 actually.

Aaaanyway, are those pics IN the novel?
DISCLAIMER: The above statement might or might not be serious.

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

•      
  •      

Postby soul.assassin » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:00 am

View Original PostSomeone wrote:Well, 3 actually.

You have your original Rei III, and then in this AU, there's Quatre, Cinq, and Six.

And yes, the novel is accompanied with pics, with some healthy dose of service added. :)

Someone
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Someone » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:10 pm

View Original Postsoul.assassin wrote:You have your original Rei III, and then in this AU, there's Quatre, Cinq, and Six.

Yes but one of those i a liiiiiiiittle bit too young.

And yes, the novel is accompanied with pics, with some healthy dose of service added. :)

CRAP then it's no good for school. :headbash:

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:15 pm

View Original PostSomeone wrote:Yes but one of those i a liiiiiiiittle bit too young.

The oldest of them is about three years old. Also, each is inhabited by a fragment of a soul that's at least three billion years old. The two together make your objection seem a little silly.
Last edited by Bagheera on Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

visionfactory
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby visionfactory » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:44 pm

Does somebody know if Eva Mass Production Type-F has been released as gashapon or figure?

Someone
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Someone » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:24 am

View Original PostBagheera wrote:The oldest of them is about three years old. Also, each is inhabited by a fragment of a soul that's at least three billion years old. The two together make your objection seem a little silly.

Rei VI.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:42 am

View Original PostSomeone wrote:Rei VI.

It's still silly. You're talking about shipping Rei; there's no way to do it without being well and truly fucked up. Once you commit to doing it the apparent physical age of one of her bodies is irrelevant.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion

Someone
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Someone » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:02 am

View Original PostBagheera wrote:It's still silly. You're talking about shipping Rei; there's no way to do it without being well and truly fucked up. Once you commit to doing it the apparent physical age of one of her bodies is irrelevant.

That argument wouldn't stand in a court of law. Assuming you somehow get the judge to believe you.

Quick, someone not me change the topic!

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:07 am

View Original PostSomeone wrote:That argument wouldn't stand in a court of law. Assuming you somehow get the judge to believe you.

In a court of law you'd be screwed for doing anything with any Rei. She's a three-year-old, dude. The chibi body is just being honest about your perversion.

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby symbv » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:14 am

View Original PostSomeone wrote:Quick, someone not me change the topic!

You are asking yourself to change the topic? I am waiting now :)

OK, three more characters in Anima (not much new information actually)

日向マコト
ネルフジャパンにてEVAの戦闘官制を担当。
MAKOTO HYUGA
Responsible for EVA combat control at Nerv Japan

青葉シゲル
日向と同じく、ネルフジャパンにてEVAの戦闘官制を担当。
SHIGERU AOBA
Like Hyuga, responsible for EVA combat control at Nerv Japan

碇ゲンドウ
補完計画が阻止された際、リリスの展開した謎の黒い結界に巻き込まれた。現在は生死不明。
GENDOU IKARI
When Instrumentality Project was interrupted, he got swallowed by a mysterious black barrier released by Lilith. It is still not known if he is dead or alive.
I never thought I would come back to Evangelion after EoE,
But I discovered Re-Take (or it found me?) and
now here I am.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asuka FAN FOREVER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Someone
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Someone » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:05 am

View Original PostBagheera wrote:In a court of law you'd be screwed for doing anything with any Rei. She's a three-year-old, dude. The chibi body is just being honest about your perversion.

Apparently you didn't read my first post properly. >.>

You are asking yourself to change the topic? I am waiting now

Apparently you didn't read the tiny letters.

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby symbv » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:19 am

View Original PostSomeone wrote:Apparently you didn't read the tiny letters.

I did read it -- "Assuming you somehow get the judge to believe you."
Right? But what does it have to do with you (someone) asking someone to change topic. You are someone already!
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

Someone
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Someone » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:24 am

View Original Postsymbv wrote:I did read it -- "Assuming you somehow get the judge to believe you."
Right? But what does it have to do with you (someone) asking someone to change topic. You are someone already!

Nono, not those tiny let......waaaaaaaaait a second. :ninja:

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby symbv » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:32 am

View Original PostSomeone wrote:Nono, not those tiny let......waaaaaaaaait a second. :ninja:

Oh, you had some other tiny letters.. In size 2 I thought they were ellipses!! OK, at least I changed the topic with more translation of Japanese wiki about Anima :)
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:01 pm

View Original PostSomeone wrote:Apparently you didn't read my first post properly. >.>

Pretty sure I did.

Anyway, yay for more content! Thanks Symbv.

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:13 pm

Thanks a lot for the translations symbv, finally evil-Kaji makes sense, keep them coming (and personally I'm not worried at all about spoilers, chances that we could read this novel in English are really slim).
View Original PostBagheera wrote:You're talking about shipping Rei; there's no way to do it without being well and truly fucked up.

Shipping itself is completely fucked up, it's common knowledge.
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

more Rei clones and Mari

•      
  •      

Postby symbv » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:00 am

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:Thanks a lot for the translations symbv, finally evil-Kaji makes sense, keep them coming (and personally I'm not worried at all about spoilers, chances that we could read this novel in English are really slim).

Since you guys said you do not mind spoilers, I will translate the part of Japanese wiki that deal with the fate of the Rei clones.

Someone please helps put it in the Anima wiki in evageeks... thanks...

Rei QUATRE

何らかの原因で精神汚染を受け、敵として0・0EVAごと地球に降下。初号機F型を大破させた後に姿を消す。再登場後は、人類補完計画を止めたシンジに憎悪をぶつけ、計画再開のために殺害を図る。シンジを殺害すると宣言しながら彼にキスをするなど、その不可解な行動にはシンジへの憎悪だけでは計り知れない物がある。彼女が精神汚染を受けて以降、他のクローン体にも、本来芽生えるはずの無い独自の人格が芽生えるという異常が出た。

By some reason she suffered mind contamination and descended on Earth as enemy with 0.0EVA. After she heavily damaged EVA-01 Type-F she disappeared. When she re-appeared, she seemed to take her hatred onto Shinji who had stopped Human Instrumentality Project and tried to kill him in order to restart the project. However, her inexplicable behavior like kissing Shinji while declaring she will kill him shows that there is something mysterious inside her besides hatred towards Shinji. Since she suffered mind contamination, something abnormal started to occur in other clones -- Individual personal identity started to emerge and this was not supposed to be possible.

Rei CINQ

対アルマロス戦に赴くアスカの弐号機アレゴリカがロンギヌススフィアに閉じ込められそうになった際、身を挺して彼女を領域外に押し出し、自らは機体ごと空間に呑み込まれ消滅した。

During the battle against Armaros, when Asuka's EVA-02 Allegorica was locked up by the Loginius Sphere, she ventured out and pushed Asuka out of the barrier. She herself and her EVA got swallowed by the space and were destroyed.

And the big surprise may be MARI !!

マリ
ネルフUSAのEVAパイロット。レイ・No.シスと同年齢程度の女児。
米国によって作られた動物の遺伝子融合体で、ヘッドセットの下に猫耳が生えている(人としての耳も別個に存在する)、融合した複数の生物と「一緒にいる」と語るなど不可解な言動を取っており、動物好きのNo.シスからは「羨ましい」と評されている。
ヱヴァンゲリヲン新劇場版:破に登場した真希波・マリ・イラストリアスと同名であり、イラストも彼女を幼くしたように描かれているが、両者の関連性は不明。

MARI
EVA pilot from Nerv USA. A girl who is at the same age as Rei No. Six.
She was created by US from merger of various animal genes and she has cat's ears (nekomimi) under her headset (she still has human ears too). Occasionally she shows inexplicable behavior like saying she is together with a group of creatures that are merged together. Rei No Six, who loves animals, commented "I envy her."
She has the same name as Mari Illustrious Makinami from Evangelion New Movie Edition 2.22 and her illustration also looks like a young Mari from NME, but it is not clear whether the two are related.
Last edited by symbv on Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:22 am

Thanks a lot for your efforts symbv!
I've added these additional infos to the wiki page and I've also updated the page with the last characters that haven't been added yet, I hope that it's fine like this (I've kept the order used in the Japanese wikipedia). Ah, I've changed Loginius to Longinius, I suppose that it was a typo.
EDIT:
actually it looks like it's simply Longinus, I've re-edited it. Please could anyone else confirm that it's the correct romanization?
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby symbv » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:48 am

^ It should be Longinus. Thanks for checking the typo!

Just found 1731298478's translation for the following pic which is great (thanks 1731298478!)

http://imgur.com/HQiLE

View Original Post1731298478 wrote:Here's my attempt at translating the page. On the right is some dialogue which looks like it has been taken from the story proper, and is being emphasized, and I think the regular narrative is on the left. I seperated them here with an asterisk (*). The narrative on this page ends with the first line of "emphasized" dialogue.

The first and third paragraphs of the story cut off suddenly and begin suddenly, respectively. I guess it's for impact??

I was unsure about the line I starred (**).
There will probably be context-related mistakes, as well as regular mistakes ^^;

『そう、碇君は最初からこうすべきだったの。そうしていれば槍は碇君のもののになり、No.カトル《恐怖に絶望する私》とともに持ち帰ることも出来た』

「そうね、あの時ロンギナスを手放さずに0・0エヴァごと《統合する私》No.トロワを槍で突いてしまうべきだった」

『そう、だからいま殺して道を正すのね。
それでいいの。私には何もない。いまさら邪魔になるくらいならそうして欲しい』

「そうね、障害となるのが自分なら排除すべき---
他の"私"でもそう判断するはず」

異常なパワーがソードを直接振り回し。
「---くはッ...! マッ、マズイ意味で想性良すぎる! ---力が...」
制御できなかった。
いまスーパーエヴァ---いや、ソード袈

キャリヤーのシールドに調律されたこのフィールドスプリッタはそれでも無理を通して0・0エヴァ変異体のフィールド内に凶暴な殺意をメリメリとねじ込んだ。

を甘受する諦めた表情。
『そう、碇君は最初からこうすべきだったの。そうしていれば槍は碇君のもののになり、No.カトル《恐怖に絶望する私》とともに持ち帰ることも出来た』

-- Ah, Ikari-kun should have done this from the start. Had he done so, the spear would have been Ikari-kun's, and he would have been able to bring back No. Quatre (the terrified and despairing me) with it.

- Yes, at that time, without abandoning Longinus, he should have impaled Eva 0.0, together with (the unified me) No. Trois.

-- Yes, therefore now [someone] will kill [someone], and correct the path.
That's fine. I have nothing. That's what I want, rather than get in the way, at this late hour.

- Yes, I would have to reject something that became an obstacle ---
I would decide the same, even if it was another "me."

A strange power directly wields the sword.
"Kuha-...! Ma, in an unfortunate way, my destiny is too good! --- This power is..." (**)
[He?] could not control it.
Now, Super Eva --- no, sword [something]

This field-splitter, tuned to the carrier shield, nevertheless did the impossible, ripping into Eva 0.0's mutant shield with a brutal, murderous intent.

A resigned expression, submitting to
"Ah, Ikari-kun should have done this from the start. Had he done so, the spear would have been Ikari-kun's, and he would have been able to bring back No. Quatre (the terrified and despairing me) with it."

Just want to give a few comments:

> そうね、障害となるのが自分なら排除すべき---
> Yes, I would have to reject something that became an obstacle ---

There is also the part of 自分なら that needs to be translated. So my translation would be:
Yes, if what has become an obstacle is myself, [I] should be removed --

> 「---くはッ...! マッ、マズイ意味で想性良すぎる! ---力が...」
> "Kuha-...! Ma, in an unfortunate way, my destiny is too good! --- This power is..." (**)

The translation should have been:
Wahh...! In..in a bad way the match is just too good! .... [my?] strength is..."

> The first and third paragraphs of the story cut off suddenly and begin suddenly, respectively. I guess it's for impact??

It seems that the sentences went on to the next page, so what were translated seem to be fragments of three separate paragraphs that were at the beginning, at the middle and near the end of the installment.

Seems to be the story just after Rei No Cinq was gone...
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:39 am

Ooooooh, this is getting more and more interesting. Thanks!

What happens to Chibi-nami though? That should be the most interesting part D:

On a side note, July raws coming probably later today if I don't get distracted.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”