The Gainax Cash Cow, or, Why The F*!& Did I Buy That?!

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Melchior
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Melchior » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:43 pm

View Original PostAR-99 wrote:Eat Zeruel yourself in pancake or omelet form:

[URL=http://imgur.com/Qvn3AaO][/URL]

http://www.jbox.com/product/MLS298

Congrats... by consuming a zeru-cake, you have taken in the S2-engine.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:37 pm

Damn. I make too many pancakes to not allow myself to purchase that tasty-looking pan.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:37 pm

fucking WANT.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Squigsquasher
Banned

Postby Squigsquasher » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:45 am

Only problem is, Zeruel's face is permanently in an "OH NOES" expression. I think I would feel guilty about eating it. Food isn't much fun when it is aware of its impending demise.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby AR-99 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:28 am

Imagine it about to fire an Angel beam at you.
Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:35 am

I'll cover mine with cherry syrup. For, y'know, realism. I can't eat my fool unless it's dripping red with the blood of conquest. I lie, but still awesome.

Melchior
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Melchior » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:05 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:I'll cover mine with cherry syrup. For, y'know, realism. I can't eat my fool unless it's dripping red with the blood of conquest. I lie, but still awesome.

Make sure to keep one full maraschino cherry for the core.

Squigsquasher
Banned

Postby Squigsquasher » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:41 pm

Or alternatively, do them as savoury pancakes with a tomato sauce (core fluid) and strips of pecorino cheese for the tentacle/toilet paper arm things.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

Postby Kendrix » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:55 pm

View Original PostGrand Duke of Yashima wrote:Bowling with EVA...
SPOILER: Show

Nice.

I like to stockpile semi-official pics (like ads etc) and to a lesser extent, above-average fanart of the Children in civilian clothing.

Partially for fun, partially so I won't have to just make up something that will wind up loooking stu-liciously stupid for the sake of fanfic.

It's like Asuka is the only one of them who ever wears something other than her uniform or plugsuit.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Yaywalter
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby Yaywalter » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:00 am

View Original PostSquigsquasher wrote:Only problem is, Zeruel's face is permanently in an "OH NOES" expression. I think I would feel guilty about eating it. Food isn't much fun when it is aware of its impending demise.

You kill or you die.

kevinlowl
Embryo

Postby kevinlowl » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:59 pm

I've watched anime on and off for a couple of years now. Only thing that I've always wanted to get was an Azusa Nakano Nendoroid. That was, until two months ago. I watched NGE for the first time, and now I've just spent 200 US Dollars on a frickin' Asuka figure. WTF?!! Why am I doing this?!! Take all my money Gainax!!! Take it all!!! :cringe:

ReiAyanami25
Israfel
Israfel

Postby ReiAyanami25 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:29 am

This.
SPOILER: Show
[URL=http://s1130.photobucket.com/user/ReiAyanami25/media/5199771F_zps8fd2f751.jpg.html]Image[/URL]

Why, you may ask? I do not even know myself.
Perhaps it was funny.

However, I purchased plenty of worthwhile items too, such as a Sachi t-shirt, an interface headset, and more clearfiles than you can shake a stick at.
生は、死の始まり。そして再生は、夢の終わり。
"I write only because there is a voice within me that will not be still." - SP

Rei Ayanami's beauty comes from the truth that she has feelings...the struggle to draw your feelings forth, the reconciliation between your surface and your death - that, I believe, is where we truly become alive, truly become human beings." -Hayashibara Megumi

ILUVASUKALANGLEY
Adam

Postby ILUVASUKALANGLEY » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:21 pm

is there a comprehensive database of all merchandise? of everything since it seems to have the most random things. I've got both Rei and Asuka sheets and a friend bought Rei and Asuka in wedding dresses. Who thinks up these ideas and gets away with it? that would be the most awesome job. Is there a toilet set with a picture of Shinji on it?
"If Only Life Was As Simple As Evangelion"

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:15 am

View Original PostILUVASUKALANGLEY wrote:Is there a toilet set with a picture of Shinji on it?

I think he gets enough shit from the fandom (and hatedom) as it is. No need to encourage them.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby AR-99 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:45 am

I thought about starting an Eva merchandise wiki but decided not to as it would pain me to write about all the stuff out there that I don't have, plus it would be a lot of work. Merch has been released for the series since it started and this has gotten better or worse depending on how you look at it, as time has gone on. Also, I lack the Japanese language skills.

The EvaWiki is a starting point and I recommend this book for the older merch. It's the most used Eva book I have. A user who has been on and off sporadically has put his massive collection online at http://evangelion.eu/. It's better as a visual reference since he doesn't caption with details like specific item names, release dates, or manufacturers. My collection isn't as large but I do include the item names and release dates for most of what I have.

The following can be used as general references:

http://myfigurecollection.net/
http://www.hlj.com/
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

Tolwyn
Embryo

Postby Tolwyn » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:39 am

View Original PostAR-99 wrote: A user who has been on and off sporadically has put his massive collection online at http://evangelion.eu/. It's better as a visual reference since he doesn't caption with details like specific item names, release dates, or manufacturers.

Unfortunatly i m way too busy in my jobs. I hope to finish the site before end of the year. Once all is uploaded i ll plan to add infos to the items. At least as far as i have them
www.evangelion.eu

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby AR-99 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:38 am

No offense taken at that I hope, as this is an area where your site can really add value when that information is available.

There's some overlap between what we have, so my site can help you out with those products.

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

Postby cyharding » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:34 pm

More freaking buckets. Are you kidding me?!
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

Fazmotron
Admin Emeritus :-{|
Admin Emeritus :-{|

Postby Fazmotron » Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:44 am

Awesome.
[Became a moderator on August 14th, 2011. Became an administrator on September 7th, 2013.]
--Fazmotron--
A.K.A. - Ryan Farrell
How Chaz sees me.
BobBQ - I find your lack of :-{| disturbing.

FAZMOTRON.com

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby AR-99 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:23 am

Better than the first version. Now we need Wille buckets!

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”