The Gainax Cash Cow, or, Why The F*!& Did I Buy That?!

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
SenorSquiid
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby SenorSquiid » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:56 pm

View Original Postshaneva002 wrote:My crown jewel is my shrine to..........Asuka!

I don't think I bought anything that was eva related that I regreted or that I still own.

I got some more stuff in my album at Collection DX and in the rebuild action figures forum.

That's quite a collection you got there...have you ever thought about perhaps pursuing real girls? Or maybe diversifying your collection of plastic ones? I mean, I love toys and cool shit too, but shrine building is positively creepy, especially when you take it to that level.

(I DO want a ZA BEASTO Unit 02 though. Simply awesome)

On another note, a guy on another forum i post on has a badass SEELE monolith he's sending me. I'll take pix once I get it. I'm very excited. I'd like to find 9 more and hang them from my ceiling in a circle around my desk so I can sit with my hands clasped and scheme my schemey schemes.

Because it would amuse me to do so.
fnord

---
I will never stop trashing Magma Diver.
Ever.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:06 pm

View Original Postshaneva002 wrote:My crown jewel is my shrine to..........Asuka!

All you need now is the figure of Asuka taking a dump.

View Original PostSenorSquiid wrote:have you ever thought about perhaps pursuing real girls?

On another note, a guy on another forum i post on has a badass SEELE monolith he's sending me. I'll take pix once I get it. I'm very excited. I'd like to find 9 more and hang them from my ceiling in a circle around my desk so I can sit with my hands clasped and scheme my schemey schemes.

Because it would amuse me to do so.

It would seem the pot is calling the kettle black.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:08 pm

Already there was a Rei diorama showing her taking a pee in the school's WC.

Oh, the usual pillow-wife stuff:
http://www.animate-onlineshop.jp/special/orenoyome/part2/index.html

SenorSquiid
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby SenorSquiid » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:10 pm

View Original PostSachi wrote:
It would seem the pot is calling the kettle black.

Except I didn't have to pay for the monolith, and I don't want a shrine, I just want to be part of an international millenium old secret society with apocalyptic aspirations.

Don't we all?
fnord

---
Ever.

shaneva002
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby shaneva002 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:05 pm

Well to tell you the truth the Asuka stuff is nothin compared to the collection of evas I got but they all fail compare to my DBZ collection I think I got every one that jakks pacific and bandai(super battle collection)made......

Real girls.....really?Is there such a thing.......

@Sachi Asuka pooping lol those crazy Japanese.....
Last edited by shaneva002 on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Internet elitists suck,ya you know who you are.

Killer Bee
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Say, whatever happened to Smugleaf?

Postby Killer Bee » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:06 pm

View Original PostSenorSquiid wrote:That's quite a collection you got there...have you ever thought about perhaps pursuing real girls? Or maybe diversifying your collection of plastic ones? I mean, I love toys and cool shit too, but shrine building is positively creepy, especially when you take it to that level.

Oooh, another fun new member. Yay. :rei_meh:

I'm being half ironic and half serious. I joined after he did.

SenorSquiid
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby SenorSquiid » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:07 pm

I've been aorund a minute but went away for a few months. Popped back in to see if there was any news about 3.0. None. Goddamn it Anno. Hurry up.
fnord

---
Ever.

Killer Bee
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

ANNO!! *shakes fist at the sky*

Postby Killer Bee » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:48 am

View Original PostSenorSquiid wrote:I've been aorund a minute but went away for a few months. Popped back in to see if there was any news about 3.0. None. Goddamn it Anno. Hurry up.

I know... at this rate we'll have 2.22 out in the US before 3.0 is even announced in Japan.

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby EvangelionFan » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:06 pm

Gainax Side Shop Eva has recently put up a page for what I presume is an official Evangelion 2011 Calender. Three sample pics were included on the page, I've included them below.

SPOILER: Show
ImageImageImage
Voluntary Illusion.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:27 pm

Last year they released like, 3 different 2010 calenders from what I recall. One was Movic (poster-size. 2 months each on one page. I have this one. :3), one was a day-to-day calender, and the other was an official calender released by Kara, month to month I think. Perhaps there was a fourth one I'm forgetting, but anyway, it wouldn't surprise me if there will be a similar setup for 2011, given the cash-cow. >_>

Nice sample pictures.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

SpearofLonginus
Lilith

Postby SpearofLonginus » Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:26 pm

View Original PostSenorSquiid wrote:That's quite a collection you got there...have you ever thought about perhaps pursuing real girls? Or maybe diversifying your collection of plastic ones? I mean, I love toys and cool shit too, but shrine building is positively creepy, especially when you take it to that level.

Wow. Douche comment alert.

Guess you missed my collection XD And I've had a gf for 7 yrs.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:43 pm

What's wrong with a fangirl or fanboy having an anime shrine as long as they keep things in perspective?
Last edited by Sailor Star Dust on Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

shaneva002
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby shaneva002 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:06 pm

I think he(seniorsquid) took "shrine" literally,Asuka is just ONE of my favorite anime characters(and has been for a long time) so no I don't light candles and worship the "Shrine"...........or do I........8D
Internet elitists suck,ya you know who you are.

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Electric Sachiel » Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:45 am

View Original Postshaneva002 wrote:I think he(seniorsquid) took "shrine" literally,Asuka is just ONE of my favorite anime characters(and has been for a long time) so no I don't light candles and worship the "Shrine"...........or do I........8D

Well while he kind of blew out of context....(at least I hope he did -_-), the fact remains that there are Otaku out there that do worship anime girls by building shrines with merchandising themed all around that character. Not only that there are some Otaku that go to such lengths and buying a birthday cake to light with candles to celebrate a character's birthday. This may go the same with celebrating Christmas, Golden Week etc....together in this manner Or go so far as to kiss an LCD screen with the character's face on it, mouth to mouth.....

Yeah.....i really...... Im sure SeniorSquid was just hoping you werent one of those people..... ;)

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:50 am

Not a lot of merchandise in this thread anymore...

I demand somebody tell me the latest piece of Eva merch they bought, now!

In other words, get back on topic.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

unit450
Adam

Postby unit450 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:44 am

View Original PostSachi wrote:Not a lot of merchandise in this thread anymore...

I demand somebody tell me the latest piece of Eva merch they bought, now!

In other words, get back on topic.

Well the latest thing I got was the PG Eva Unit-01 this week. Bandai seems to have tweaked it just enough that the kit actually seems decent now. Most notable changes I noticed is the waist section uses the same black plastic used in the new(2.22) HG kit's inner frame, although the weaker grey plastic is used for the rest of the PG's inner frame. Last one I'll mention is some of the purple armour pieces are bit thicker, so a simple fall off a shelf won't shatter this into a million pieces like the older versions of this kit.
Rei used Smile.
Shinji, Asuk-You know what? EVERYTHING in existence fainted. Even the Fire Hydrant...
Rei defeated Seele!?

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:25 am

View Original PostEvangelionFan wrote:Gainax Side Shop Eva has recently put up a page for what I presume is an official Evangelion 2011 Calender. Three sample pics were included on the page, I've included them below.

SPOILER: Show
ImageImageImage

I like the message on the second pic. :) Third pic reminds me a bit of Ranka Lee's steamed dumplings.

Kubania
Embryo

Postby Kubania » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:08 am

I recently got two sets of little keychain type things. The first is a bunch of phone-strap types that were larger than I had anticipated:
Bet you can guess why I wanted that set in particular... They're beautiful though! I love Mari's pose. I think Rei's actually looks a little odd, sort of a 'oh am I sexy?' model pose, and Risuko is actually frowning quite seriously despite what any pictures show you. But I still really like them all overall.

And the other set is the five pilots (super deformed) along with 8? of the angels. They're SO cute and sorry I don't have pictures!

I was wondering of those of you who've bought the Medicom RAH figures... How poseable are they? I'm kinda interested in getting Shinji & Kaworu, but they are... well, waaaay expensive for me, and it doesn't look like they bend at the waist or can even sit. Just curious.

Also, does anyone know any places apart from Ebay to find the Evangelion@School Gurashi (whatever) figures? I've only found one seller who has complete sets (I am not on good terms with him, had to go through the whole resolution center business, UGH) and only a handful of less than trustworthy sites that sell them in random sets.

SpearofLonginus
Lilith

Postby SpearofLonginus » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:48 am

View Original PostKubania wrote:I recently got two sets of little keychain type things. The first is a bunch of phone-strap types that were larger than I had anticipated:
And the other set is the five pilots (super deformed) along with 8? of the angels. They're SO cute and sorry I don't have pictures!

Find pic please~~

Kubania
Embryo

Postby Kubania » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:39 pm

View Original PostSpearofLonginus wrote:Find pic please~~

There we go. The 'secret' figure was a clear pink shamshel, which... Seemed kinda pointless. But they're probably the first of the little keychain type things where Shinji isn't grinning like an idiot.

I like my Shinji pouty. The way it's supposed to be.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”