The Gainax Cash Cow, or, Why The F*!& Did I Buy That?!

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
RMZX
Tunniel
Tunniel

Re: I need to compare chest sizes with my Revoltech. What?

Postby RMZX » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:00 pm

View Original PostRiotgear wrote:Cool, cool. You're right, the rifle is so awesome and I like to compare it to the Revoltech one. Hey, is the box yours came in colorless too? My box is black and white, it's weird.

Its a limited Edition (Web Exclusive Maybe?) so I assume it was to save on printing the box...

Also, mine has a Bandai-Asia Sticker on the back, showing that it was from the Asia shipment rather than the Japanese one. (It has the GAINAX Sticker though, so its official.) In fact, all of my Eva's have that on the box.
:|

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby EvangelionFan » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:11 pm

Saw the new post on the main page, thought I'd share the link here for those that haven't seen it: Type Gendo Glasses @ Gainax Shop

WANT.
Voluntary Illusion.

Killer Bee
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

I'll take three! And an official NERV Bucket!

Postby Killer Bee » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:03 pm

View Original Postkirri wrote:Picked up some End of Evangelion Gashapon figures off Ebay. I bought 5 of them, and they came in these sealed capsules so I didn't know which figures I would get.

They're still selling them on Ebay if anyone's interested: http://cgi.ebay.com/End-Evangelion-Gashapon-Toy-New-Japanese-Import-/200312521227?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0

Wow, those look pretty damn good for gashapon. I think I've gotta get me a few of these...

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hunter21 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:48 am

This belongs here.

Last edited by Hunter21 on Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

Hawq
Lilith

Postby Hawq » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:59 am

View Original PostEva 02 wrote:Image

The bonus disc??? Wtf is it?!

OK I'm jealous, mine has a pic of Mari on, in fact both the DVD & Blu-Ray copy I got have Mari (why couldn't it have been Mari in one & Asuka in the other? :dejected: :grmf:) still at least the Blu-Ray comes with that nice booklet I guess whihc was a nice surprise after an email saying the DVD wasn't going to have it anymore, started wondering if it was being stopped for all but then it came. As for the keyring light, both Rei. I shall add my bewilderment to the blank disc though, did they put it there to fill with hentai of your favourite character? did they simply forget to put any content on it? (unlikely given the label says cdr) did they just say 'sod it it will pad things out a bit'? who can say

iain
Embryo

Postby iain » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:46 am

View Original PostEvangelionFan wrote:Saw the new post on the main page, thought I'd share the link here for those that haven't seen it: Type Gendo Glasses @ Gainax Shop

WANT.

I'd actually prefer a pair of those Misato wrap-arounds. Does anyone know how you can obtain stuffs from the Gainax Store?

Killer Bee
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

How much are they selling the nipple for? ...What?

Postby Killer Bee » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:37 pm

View Original PostHunter21 wrote:This belongs here.

It's funny 'cause it's true.

Lui
Adam

Postby Lui » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:00 pm

View Original PostEvangelionFan wrote:Saw the new post on the main page, thought I'd share the link here for those that haven't seen it: Type Gendo Glasses @ Gainax Shop

WANT.

Flipping FINALLY I've been waiting years to get me some of those!
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 1000 character limit. Images, quotes, and code tags are not allowed in Signatures.

RMZX
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby RMZX » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:42 am

My Tamashii Spec Eva's finally got here today, they make the shelf so full.

Eva 02 is Shiny as hell, and probably my Favorite of the Eva's I currently have. Unit 01 400% is a neat addition as well. Strangely, I thought the Neck would've been a little longer, seeing as it was released after the horrendous XS-01 with the poor molding. It does have some molding differences, but its fine because I don't plan on doing much with it besides having it stand around.
:|

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby EvangelionFan » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:34 am

New UCC Coffee -related merchandise on the way. This time - since I can't read Japanese =< - it looks like we're getting some puchi-styled statuettes featuring Sachiel, Shamshel, Ramiel, Gaghiel(?), Sahaquiel, Unit03/Bardiel plus plug suit Rei and Kaworu!

You can see the information page on Gainax's Side Eva:
New Eva UCC Coffee stuff
Voluntary Illusion.

Makocalamity
Embryo

Postby Makocalamity » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:03 am

View Original PostHawq wrote:As for the keyring light, both Rei.

Real talk...would you be willing to sell one of those?...I'm almost desperate enough to shell out $70 for the whole package but I really just want the light and have been looking for one for about an hour now to no avail.

:/

Actually any help would be appreciated in this matter.

Also I can't seem to use the quote function when I am the last poster and thus can not put a quote in this edit but I wanted to ask where this Image came from. I found an long sold out encased embryo on etsy and that is all.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/42663866/sample-a-01-adam-from-neon-genesis.

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:50 am

:lol: Now I have a great idea for a rather weird slab of Jello for Halloween... and all those Angels having an intense caffeine fix.

SpearofLonginus
Lilith

Postby SpearofLonginus » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:30 pm

There's never Arael in anything -emo-

^-- referring to the UCC coffees.

I wanted to get those End of Evangelion Gashapon, just for the Rei :( I'm not sure how easy they are to find, though...

and OMFG WANT Misato and a Lance = must buy for me... and its cute!! God I need a job just to buy this.
http://www2.gainax.co.jp/eva/index.cgi?rm=image&id=3435&genre=00_new&page=2&key=&8%A1%E04=2%A1%DE0

Just moved and wanted to update my Rei/Lances...
Moved the images to this thread:
http://forum.evageeks.org/viewtopic.php?t=9735
Last edited by SpearofLonginus on Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hoofbites
Embryo

Postby Hoofbites » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:43 pm

WANT.

Merchiel strikes again.
"Don't hate the black. Don't hate the white. If you get bitten, just hate the bite."
--Sly Stone

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby EvangelionFan » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:57 pm

View Original PostSpearofLonginus wrote:I need a job just to buy this.
http://www2.gainax.co.jp/eva/index.cgi?rm=image&id=3435&genre=00_new&page=2&key=&8%A1%E04=2%A1%DE0

Okay, you saw the picture of the full set, right?
Puchi Eva Nerv Playset - Full Set Image
Best. Childrens. Playset. Ever.
Voluntary Illusion.

SpearofLonginus
Lilith

Postby SpearofLonginus » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:07 pm

View Original PostEvangelionFan wrote:Okay, you saw the picture of the full set, right?

I didn't ;__; Thats neat!! I want the Rei (ID card,, classic) ... and my gf will def want Asuka.. Guess I'm gonna have to track this down, lol

Killer Bee
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

A cute Misato figure? Well I never!

Postby Killer Bee » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:37 pm

View Original PostEvangelionFan wrote:Okay, you saw the picture of the full set, right?

I just came. In my pants.

Holy Diver
Armisael
Armisael

Postby Holy Diver » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:03 pm

I don't always find a useless piece of Eva merchandise that I must have, but when I do, I perfer Puchi Nerv Playsets.

Keep buying, my friends.
Deus Io Vult! (God wills it!)
"Get your ass in gear!" Asuka

"Catdog has an S2 engine in his stomach. He does not need to eat, and whatever he does eat is reacted with antimatter to provide endless energy." Ruthlessly stolen from anon.

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:59 pm

View Original PostSpearofLonginus wrote:Just moved and wanted to update my Rei/Lances...

Wow...that's a whole lotta Rei.

View Original PostHoly Diver wrote:I don't always find a useless piece of Eva merchandise that I must have, but when I do, I perfer Puchi Nerv Playsets.

Keep buying, my friends.

No kidding. That's pretty awesome.
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:04 am

View Original PostSpearofLonginus wrote:There's never Arael in anything -emo-

^-- referring to the UCC coffees.

I wanted to get those End of Evangelion Gashapon, just for the Rei :( I'm not sure how easy they are to find, though...

and OMFG WANT Misato and a Lance = must buy for me... and its cute!! God I need a job just to buy this.

Just moved and wanted to update my Rei/Lances...
My prop Lance and my wallscroll aren't in this one and some of my other lances are still packed somewhere, but it shows all of the Reis and Unit 00s I have (except my Tsukuda Hobby one... its so big I couldnt bring it my first trip to my new apartment lol)

Something else is missing in the pics: a Reiquarium.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”