The Gainax Cash Cow, or, Why The F*!& Did I Buy That?!

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Evangelion
Embryo

Postby Evangelion » Fri May 28, 2010 5:23 pm

This came in the mail today.

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

Postby ZapX » Fri May 28, 2010 5:28 pm

Is it gummy candy? Because that would be pretty awesome.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

Evangelion
Embryo

Postby Evangelion » Fri May 28, 2010 5:33 pm

View Original PostZapX wrote:Is it gummy candy? Because that would be pretty awesome.

Its actually a hard resin. Before I bought it I thought it was candy also lol. I got it for a fair price because some air bubbles got into the resin before it set and the damage is a bit noticeable on the bottom.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat May 29, 2010 1:04 am

So... I'm debating on buying a $25 Asuka bedsheet from Fanime. :hide: Sucks they have no Eva body pillows, though those cost $40+ anyway...

YOU CAN ALL FACEPALM NOW.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Legendary » Sat May 29, 2010 1:08 am

DON'T JOIN SACHI'S KIND OF SCUM, SSD. BE STRONG, BE STRONG.

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

Postby ZapX » Sat May 29, 2010 1:19 am

:|
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

Postby the_seventh_child » Sat May 29, 2010 10:07 am

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:So... I'm debating on buying a $25 Asuka bedsheet from Fanime. :hide: Sucks they have no Eva body pillows, though those cost $40+ anyway...

YOU CAN ALL FACEPALM NOW.

Why would we facepalm, lol. Eva bedsheets are badass.
Though, i am kind of surprised it is cheap /as cheap as it can get for Eva i mean/ compared to other series. Saw a Geass one not long ago, and god was that fucking expensive.
Anyway, i say go for it. Your bed will approve Asuka on it. |DD
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

Evangelion
Embryo

Postby Evangelion » Sun May 30, 2010 3:36 pm

View Original PostEvangelion wrote:Its actually a hard resin. Before I bought it I thought it was candy also lol. I got it for a fair price because some air bubbles got into the resin before it set and the damage is a bit noticeable on the bottom.

EDIT: Yeah I just found out that its from Wonder Festival 2009.

Timstuff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Timstuff » Mon May 31, 2010 8:53 pm

Here's something the Gainax cash cow did not get a penny from me for, because I printed it myself. :)

BTW, here's how it looked when I bought it:

It looked awesome, but it only worked with the wireless Generation NEX famiclone, which I do not have, so it was off to the diabolical laboratory with it for some major retrofitting.
DeviantArt profile being re-invented... Check back later.

Sharaz Destler
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Sharaz Destler » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:46 am

RE: Evangelion

The bubbles at the bottom actually give it a little more realism.

RE: SSD

Good luck with the EVA bedsheets. You won't find me sleeping on Doctor Who bedsheets right now, but this is because it hasn't occurred to me to get any. (Also, I'd want to, you know, keep 'em nice.)

RE: Timstuff

Are you planning on piloting a national monument with that?
"To the rational mind, nothing is inexplicable...only unexplained."--The Doctor, "Doctor Who".

AchtungAffen
Banned

Postby AchtungAffen » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:33 pm

There's a new Revoltech Fräulein Rei, ver. 2.0. I'm gonna try again to see if I can get an import to my corner of the world. Also, waiting for those figma figures. Mari's one got released today or yesterday. I want Rei!
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

- Original activist against the lockers-that-be -

Timstuff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Timstuff » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:35 am

View Original PostSharaz Destler wrote:Are you planning on piloting a national monument with that?

Maybe if I can find a USB port on it. ;)
DeviantArt profile being re-invented... Check back later.

Dr. Webster
Embryo

Postby Dr. Webster » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:48 pm

View Original PostSharaz Destler wrote:Are you planning on piloting a national monument with that?

If so, he'll need a lot of weird goo, a plane ticket to New York, and a cassette tape of "Higher and Higher" on repeat.

Killer Bee
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

I Will [Not] Choose Asuka

Postby Killer Bee » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:43 pm

View Original PostAchtungAffen wrote:There's a new Revoltech Fräulein Rei, ver. 2.0. I'm gonna try again to see if I can get an import to my corner of the world. Also, waiting for those figma figures. Mari's one got released today or yesterday. I want Rei!

The new Rei won't be out until sometime next month.

I decided to finally give in and buy a Revoltech Fraulein today, and ended up choosing Mari after lengthy deliberation. I just couldn't go with Asuka; her face is so moe. I'll wait for the more accurate Figma to get my Asuka fix.

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:23 am

Sample A-01 No. 01? In ep8, that last part (No. 01) instead says "ADAM".

HAX! NOT 100% AKYURIT!
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Lagann
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby Lagann » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:18 am

evangelion 2.0 complete collection
http://khara.weblogs.jp/news/2010/06/ヱヴァンゲリヲン新劇場版破全記録全集公式ストアにて予約受付中.html

Hawq
Lilith

Postby Hawq » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:50 am

View Original Postthe_seventh_child wrote:Can i cut tomatoes with that?
well they are fairly soft so maybe, though the ruler edge is sharper than the 'knife' edge, re-enact the second fight with a tomato!

Also went & grabbed another slight oddity
[URL=https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1174]Image[/URL]
Yes those are rubbers/erasers (use whichever is common in your area)

The Fourth Evangelion
Adam

Postby The Fourth Evangelion » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:14 am

View Original PostElectric Sachiel wrote:Well that question can finally be answered courtesy of Ngee Khiong, an anime and hobby blog site.

Source here: [url]http://ngeekhiong.blogspot.com/[/url]

EVANGELION FAST FOOD SET

Not enough with sport shoes, 1-meter tall statue, Tamiya Mini 4WD models, canned milk coffee, and the more recent G-Shock watches, a new Evangelion related item is coming up, for fans to experience Evangelion closer in their life. ^^

Lotteria, a fast food chain in Japan is coming up with a new menu called "Eva Burger & Chicken Box" (? - ヱヴァバガチキBOX) for Evangelion fans.

The new fast food set, consist of burger, French fries, fried chicken and soft drink will be out this Thursday (April 22nd) in anticipation of the release of Evangelion movie in DVD and Blu-ray Disc formats on May 26th.

The set meal will also come with a clear file with new original illustration and a free soft drink ticket.

"Eva Burger & Chicken Box" will be available for a limited period of time until May 31st. Each set is priced at 980 Yen.

LOL. I kind of actually want one of these. Wonder whether the food is tasty at Lotteria?

Oh great! Now we have burgers expanding their AT-fields when you try to eat them. Only the manners of Yui-sama can help you now..
http://forum.evageeks.org/viewtopic.php?t=9237
Go here, and read the story in which UNIT-04 finally shines!

giuliano
Lilith

Postby giuliano » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:36 pm

My Evangelion 1.0 Complete set arrived today and I've just preordered the 2.0 set from HLJ. Really pleased with the quality of the main art book and the set as a whole, unfortunately the Film Strip I got was pretty terrible... (It's of the nameless UN guys who are in charge before Nerv take over, at the beginning when Sachiel attacks >_>)

Also picked up these at the London Expo:

Ninja-Rei!
Military-Rei!
Music Box!

And got this one a while back, it's much bigger (and better) than I was expecting:
It's GENDO~

Clover
Leliel
Leliel

Postby Clover » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:56 pm

View Original PostThe Fourth Evangelion wrote:Oh great! Now we have burgers expanding their AT-fields when you try to eat them. Only the manners of Yui-sama can help you now..

Ugh. Those pictures make me sick. They remind me of the McDonalds Avatar ads.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”