English Eva manga Vol. 9 out in October

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Ayanami
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Ayanami » Wed Nov 24, 2004 8:40 pm

Senpuken wrote:Also, has there been a release date for a new version of Volume 8? I'd rather all my books look appropriate together and not have that one stand out with it's larger size.

Um? o_o The 8th volume is the same size as all the other volumes, as far as I can see.
Close your eyes and listen hard

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:02 pm

I swung though Borders in the Annapolis mall, and Vol. 9 was not in stock, so I suppose its still on its way. Soon, hopefully.

Its worth the wait, I assure you.

Senpuken
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Senpuken » Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:06 pm

Um? o_o The 8th volume is the same size as all the other volumes, as far as I can see.

The manga has been released in two graphic novel forms. When they first come out, they are a bit larger. The second collection is the one I've been purchasing. So far, only volumes one through seven have taken a new shape, whereas the eigth has not.
Signature

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:11 pm

Actually Senpuken, volume 8 was the first volume they made in the new format. Perhaps you've simply been unable to find it in stock? Are you in the United States? Cause it might be different in Canada/UK/Australia if you're from different parts of the globe.

Senpuken
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Senpuken » Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:43 pm

They must have released Volume 8 in both forms then, because the only one I found was bigger than the rest (in size and price). Thus why I passed on buying it. I guess they just didn't have the version I wanted in stock or something.

Yes, I'm in the United States.
Signature

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Thu Nov 25, 2004 12:46 am

That's peculiar. Its my understanding that they didn't make more than the one version of volume 8.

Senpuken
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Senpuken » Thu Nov 25, 2004 1:02 am

You may be right. I just checked Viz's site and they didn't seem to have Volume 8 in the form I thought they did. But now I'm left wondering what Volume I decided not to get when I realized it would stand out. In anycase, now that I've seen what Volume 8 looks like again, I know that it hasn't been anywhere I've looked recently. I can't seem to find anything but 6 and 7 around here. No more, no less. Which is bothering me ...
Signature

the-artist-known-as-chris
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby the-artist-known-as-chris » Fri Nov 26, 2004 12:56 am

Yeesh, im on the edge of my seat waiting for this blasted volume to be released.

Dark FireStar
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby Dark FireStar » Mon Nov 29, 2004 2:19 pm

the-artist-known-as-chris wrote:Yeesh, im on the edge of my seat waiting for this blasted volume to be released.

I fell off my seat a long time ago.....
Don't ban me for a limited time! Either ban me for good or let me be. (I only hold grudges for a few years lol)

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”