Eva Action Figures [2]

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Gojimatt
Lilith

Postby Gojimatt » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:38 am

Yeah thanks, i'm in a bit of a debate about this. I can't help but wonder if revoltech might release a mark 6 from Q but who knows, like you said this would be a good chance to get it, though I have no use for the unit 01. What swings me is this set is cheaper than any of the mark 6's on ebay right now.

So what do my fellow figure fanatics think, worth it?
'Do not try to escape earthlings or you'll force us to kill you!'

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:18 pm

View Original PostGojimatt wrote:http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10219169

That's one horse-faced Eva-01.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Electric Sachiel » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:52 pm

View Original PostGojimatt wrote:Might be of interest...

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10219169

Is it just me or does this new re-issue of Unit 06 seem more shiny and metallic blue than the first release? Plus the spear is red..... RED!!!!!

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:48 am

View Original PostElectric Sachiel wrote:Is it just me or does this new re-issue of Unit 06 seem more shiny and metallic blue than the first release? Plus the spear is red..... RED!!!!!

Meh, it was red already on the Eva 04-Mark 6 pack...

But I wonder why bother... After all, there's nothing new on it... Now even a pierce-able torso for unit 01...
And the metallic paint is not that impressive (though the Mark 6 looks cool), actually it scratches fairly easily...

And the head is not different... The pic wasn't taken from the right angle :lol:
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

Gojimatt
Lilith

Postby Gojimatt » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:43 am

Well it's a good chance for me to get the Mark 6 which I missed at a reasonable price and it comes with a red lance, so cool. No interests in the metallic unit 01 but there you go, and yeah the face does look weird in the pictures.
'Do not try to escape earthlings or you'll force us to kill you!'

Rei IV
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Rei IV » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:48 pm

So anything new on Rei Q or conformation on a possible Mark.09 as figure/model?

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:37 pm

View Original PostElectric Sachiel wrote:Plus the spear is red..... RED!!!!!

It's supposed to be. Haven't you seen 2.0?
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:11 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:It's supposed to be. Haven't you seen 2.0?

He means that the original release of the Mark 6 had a gray-colored spear, hence the surprise... (I suppose)

Protoboy
Embryo

Your opinions on Eva figures

Postby Protoboy » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:18 pm

Ok, so I'm a new member to this site, and I am new to Evangelion as a while. I've enjoyed it so much that I'd like to purchase an Eva Unit-01 figure to display in the house. The only issue I have is... There are almost, if not more, a dozen iterations of Unit-01 out there. I was looking to see if anyone has any of these figures, and which ones you'd recommend. I like the Medicom Real Action Hero version, but it's like $350... :\ How do you all like the Bandai Robot Damashii version? Seems to have some good gimmicks for a decent price. I'd like the Revoltech Yamaguchi Evolution version (The one with Unit-01 stabbing Sachiel with the broken rib) but it's pricey. The EvaEvo series is pretty in general. I just get confused with all the different brands and mislabeling by online stores.

Also, are there any places online that have good prices on the figures that anyone prefers? A lot of places seem to be out of stock on a lot of the Rebuild figures. I'd welcome any suggestions, opinions, or review material on any of the figures. Thanks everyone!
I'm new here, nice to meet you all!

0khrana
Embryo

Postby 0khrana » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:37 am

Due to the cost and that the Medicom RAH figure has just come out, not many people have it. the general consensus is that the SOC Spec figures are probably one of the better figures. Robot Damashii's are also nice, Personally I dont rate Revoltechs at all Loads of other companies have put out eva figures though, theres also a model kit line, too.

Protoboy
Embryo

Postby Protoboy » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:01 am

Ah, I actually didn't know the RAH figure was so new, but it makes sense. It looks and poses beautifully. I did a little research, and it seems the SOC series seems the best. Now I see there are some GX models, but everyone says SPEC, what's the main difference there? Also, avoid SX-01 and go with SX-01R, correct? (I think I'd go with the SX-03, but I don't think it has the Desert Eagle, right?)

0khrana
Embryo

Postby 0khrana » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:39 am

View Original PostProtoboy wrote:Ah, I actually didn't know the RAH figure was so new, but it makes sense. It looks and poses beautifully. I did a little research, and it seems the SOC series seems the best. Now I see there are some GX models, but everyone says SPEC, what's the main difference there? Also, avoid SX-01 and go with SX-01R, correct? (I think I'd go with the SX-03, but I don't think it has the Desert Eagle, right?)

The Gx figs are ollllld now, don't get me wrong, they're still great figures, the main differences between them and the SPEC line:

GX have metallic paint and also have some diecast, I don't own them so I cant tell you what parts are metal and what is plastic.

The Specs are more film and movie accurate colors, but the majority of the armor is removable. This can make playing around with them a little difficult as some pieces (especially the leg and thigh parts) are metal and tend to come off a bit. But once you get them into a pose they're fine. try find an sx-01R although im pretty sure they were a Yahoo exclusive. I don't think the XS-03 has the pistol. You can oftten find the Yellow version of 00 pretty cheap, as well as the blue version. Unit 02 is the hardest to find, I think.

Protoboy
Embryo

Postby Protoboy » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:48 am

As much as the RAH would be killer, it's just too much, and it's a meter tall, I can't be tripping over a $300 model. :tongue:

I'd like to look into the Bandai Robot Damashii's, though. I found Unit-01 for $40 on Amazon with free shipping, seems pretty fair. Unit-02 Beast Mode is even cheaper, but I'm looking for a good deal on the normal Unit-02 and Unit-00. Anyone have any sites up their sleeves that has good shipping deals with the midwest United States?

0khrana
Embryo

Postby 0khrana » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:28 am

Im in .Au so I normally buy from Japanese or retailers closer to me to save on shipping, check out Big bad toy store or maybe Corner Store comics though, I really don't know where the best prices are for US customers sorry =[

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

Postby Blue Monday » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:13 am

View Original PostProtoboy wrote:As much as the RAH would be killer, it's just too much, and it's a meter tall, I can't be tripping over a $300 model. :tongue:

Dude they're like 40cm tall or something, not a metre.
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

Protoboy
Embryo

Postby Protoboy » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:22 pm

My bad, I was picturing the 15 inch RAH one, not this Medicom beast:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_YF1tNfQVN8w/Szn5tBAIPDI/AAAAAAAAU14/rtdEpbfKKZs/s400/13.jpg

But yeah, especially with the MonsterArts Angels showcased, I think the Robot Damashii's wouldn't be bad. I'll check those stores, thanks!

dankdrummer
Embryo

Postby dankdrummer » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:36 pm

i just got some of the revoltech ones for the eva's as far as the pilots go i've been lucky with some sega premium figs, though be careful what you buy and examine pics closely they arent as pretty as the pictures most of the time. because they are mass produced they tend to have imperfections which is ok for some people, but when you find the fig of the pilot you love, i've decided its better to pay more and not have issues with the paint of pvc model
back door code: the beast

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:09 am

View Original PostGojimatt wrote:So what do my fellow figure fanatics think, worth it?

Well, we cannot comment on a Q Mark VI due to the spoiler policy but given the fact that it's 2 Evas the price seems right (it's about 1000 yen less), on the other, just for the red spear?...

In other news, another piece of Eva merchandise:

A Rebuild simulation body!

Those things creeped me out... Specially the moving eyes....
What do you think?

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:19 am

I'd really love to know the original sculptor for that.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Stan
Tabris
Tabris

Postby Stan » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:59 pm

Not sure if this was posted yet but there will NOT be a re-release of a corrected unit 02 Q (Revoltech #124). Instead its "corrected" gun arm will be included with Unit 08 set to release in June.

[url]http://www.j-hobby.com/kms_jpn/shop/prd_detail.asp?sku=RV134[/url]

Check the gallery as proof

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”