Eva Action Figures [2]

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

Postby bladerj » Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:27 pm

View Original PostKozar927 wrote:(SNIP)

Hi arael has more experience with revoltech evangelions but i'll try to answer you anyway.First and foremost, yes, they are all from the same series, but not the same line.

The first links you showed, eva 00 through 03, are from the evo eva, wich is revoltech new body mold, with adds a little more moviment range and includes more acessories like a display base.

Eva 02 beast mode was from the older series from evangelion 2.0, as is the box with all 4 evas, i dont remember if they include all the extras that originally came with the figures, the coins are usuless to you, they are suposed to be exchanged for another figure in Japan, like say you have 80 revoltech coins you trade that for a new figure or half the price on a new aquisition something like that, only in phisical stores. Also be minded that this first line of revoltech 2.0 had eva 03 as exclusive, so this is the best way to find that particular mold now.

eva 04 is also exclusive so getting it with mark 6 with the corrected coloured lance would be the best way for you to go, just be minded eva 04 is not the same mold of mark 6 eva evo neither the revoltechs from 2.0, it is the same old one from nge evangelion from like 8 years ago with only a lance of longnuss instead of the original riot shield it had.

My personal opinion all revoltech sucks, but the new ones suck even more, i think the "face" esculpt and body mold of evo eva are inferior to the ones released for eva 2.0, but they include custom stand as gimmicks, and revoltech is more prone to release the new evas from the Q movie that other brands, just pray they dont release them in yet another body mold. Becouse otherwise they will re-release ALL evas in that mold yet again.
ANATA BAKA !?

Kozar927
Lilith

Postby Kozar927 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:42 pm

where can I buy for lowest price? and is their a site that lists all of them in the eva evolution line

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Electric Sachiel » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:15 am

View Original PostKozar927 wrote:where can I buy for lowest price? and is their a site that lists all of them in the eva evolution line

I'm afraid your a bit late to the party when it comes to Revoltech Evangelion Evolution figures. All major online retailers have sold out of these. Your best bet is to hunt these down on Ebay. I would not pay more than 60 bucks for each as the sellers there are jacking up the price of each of these out of production figures by a lot.

There is no website I can find that seems to display all the Evangelion Evolution figures together. But its safe to say that all the Evas going from Unit 00 to Unit 06 have been made as Eva Evolution figures.

I would highly recommend that you instead get the Bandai Robot Damashi Unit 01 instead if you want a figure with excellent sculpt, paint and articulation. It even comes with an AT field transparency with stand.

[url]http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN958487[/url]

You should act soon too as its in low stock status on HLJ.

Kozar927
Lilith

Postby Kozar927 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:28 am

Thanks for the info ill have to check it out, but I am pretty into the eva evolution line. I may just have to bite the bullet and pay amazon prices.

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Electric Sachiel » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:56 am

View Original PostKozar927 wrote:Thanks for the info ill have to check it out, but I am pretty into the eva evolution line. I may just have to bite the bullet and pay amazon prices.

Up to you. The Revoltechs have a lot of QC issues. The Bandai Robot Damashis are more accurately sculpted and definitely have superior articulation even when compared to the Revoltech Evangelion Evolution line. Its cheaper too. I say get the Robot Damashi Unit 01 to start out....

Kozar927
Lilith

Postby Kozar927 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:31 pm

View Original PostElectric Sachiel wrote:Up to you. The Revoltechs have a lot of QC issues. The Bandai Robot Damashis are more accurately sculpted and definitely have superior articulation even when compared to the Revoltech Evangelion Evolution line. Its cheaper too. I say get the Robot Damashi Unit 01 to start out....

Interesting. What QC mean? (quality control?) And do you have a link for a list of the The Bandai Robot Damashis?

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Electric Sachiel » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:16 pm

View Original PostKozar927 wrote:Interesting. What QC mean? (quality control?) And do you have a link for a list of the The Bandai Robot Damashis?

Yes I do mean quality control. From chipping paint to terrible articulation I don't really think Revoltechs are that great. Bandai's Robot Damashi toy line are articulated action figures designed on the computer rather than by hand. This has resulted in sculpt detail and articulation that is superior to all revoltechs.

Heres a full list of the Robot Damashi Evas to have come out since 2009:

Robot Damashi Unit 01:
[url]http://tamashii.jp/item/1263/[/url]

Robot Damashi Unit 02:
[url]http://tamashii.jp/item/1231/[/url]

Robot Damashi Unit 00:
[url]http://reggiocomics.wordpress.com/page/347/[/url]

Robot Damashi Unit 03:
[url]http://reggiocomics.wordpress.com/2010/12/27/review-robot-damashii-side-eva-evangelion-eva-03-unit-no-29-hi-res-images/[/url]

Robot Damashi Unit 02 Beast:
[url]http://tamashii.jp/item/1370/[/url]

Robot Damashi Unit 01 Awakening:
[url]http://www.nwbbs.com/thread-541390-1-1.html[/url]

Robot Damashi Unit 01 Night Combat version:
[url]http://www.amazon.com/Neon-Genesis-Evangelion-Spirits-Exclusive/dp/B0041MLI2W/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1355163096&sr=8-3&keywords=robot+damashii+evangelion[/url]

In order to collect these I recommend using a combination of Ebay and Amazon.com. When searching on Ebay search for "Robot Spirits Evangelion" and you will get more hits than searching under Robot Damashi. On Amazon.com just search under "Robot Damashi"

A few years have passed since these toys have come out, so unfortunately they are a bit more expensive now. However, they are still all better than Revoltech. I almost guarantee that you will enjoy collecting these more than getting Revoltechs. And if you have extra money to spend, this should be no problem.

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

Postby bladerj » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:53 pm

Just be minded of the tight gap articulation,for some that is a deal breaker.

Here is a review of unit one http://blog.livedoor.jp/hacchaka/archives/51527930.html

OH, just before i forget, the figurine stand is not included, it only comes with a holder stand for the at field effect part.

ANATA BAKA !?

ScottAsher
Embryo

Postby ScottAsher » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:51 pm

Anyone know if there's a revoltech figure or something that comes with a Lance of Longinous? I want it for my God-Mode Eva 01 since I think it'd look cool.

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

Postby bladerj » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:23 pm

View Original PostScottAsher wrote:Anyone know if there's a revoltech figure or something that comes with a Lance of Longinous? I want it for my God-Mode Eva 01 since I think it'd look cool.

The old ngeunit 0 blue had it, the new rebuild eva 04 had a spear as well.
ANATA BAKA !?

ScottAsher
Embryo

Postby ScottAsher » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:25 pm

View Original Postbladerj wrote:The old ngeunit 0 blue had it, the new rebuild eva 04 had a spear as well.

I was looking at 04, but it's 200 dollars. Is unit 00 less?

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

Postby bladerj » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:33 pm

View Original PostScottAsher wrote:I was looking at 04, but it's 200 dollars. Is unit 00 less?

Problably not, it was rare even when it was available. but 200 bucks ? you may try gto get the one bundled with mark vi, but i'm not sure if that version comes with the spear, take a look.
ANATA BAKA !?

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:17 pm

My God! I leave for a few days and you discredit the all-mighty Revoltechs as if it were a tentative release date for Evangelion :facepalm:

Ok... I'll start with the last question:

@ScottAsher:
The Mass Production Evangelion has a Lance Replica (it's purple); other than that, EvaEvo 04 it's pretty much the only choice for a Red one unless you want to search for the first Fraülein Rei Ayanami...
The old Bandai model kits (namely, Eva 00 (both), Eva 02, one of the MP Evas and the Rebuild 1.0 Eva 00) had one, but of course, it's bigger than Revo scale and requires paint (some)... Eva 04 is either in a package with Mark 06 or alone, and in any case it's expensive precisely for their limited release status...

Now...

@Kozar927:
As they've said, you're kind of late for the EvaEvos, you can always try Mandarake (sometimes they appear real cheap)
I'll stop to answer some of the claims made so far, some of which are horrible, horrible lies (well, sort of)

View Original PostElectric Sachiel wrote:Up to you. The Revoltechs have a lot of QC issues.

Sometimes, out of 10 EvaEvos I've bought, 1 had an issue, and only a minor paint error barely noticeable...

View Original PostElectric Sachiel wrote:The Bandai Robot Damashis are more accurately sculpted and definitely have superior articulation even when compared to the Revoltech Evangelion Evolution line.

Can't deny that, they are indeed better articulated and "designed" (since they're made with PC they're hardly sculpted at all), they come with practically the same stuff as Revoltechs and can pose better than any other Eva action figure so far...
Revoltech however does go for flashy boxes and gimmick-ish extras like LED's and angel heads or pieces of diorama... And they have a stand... Always... Sometimes 2 :w00:

View Original PostElectric Sachiel wrote:Its cheaper too.

They were cheaper...
Nowadays they suffer of price issues, largely because half of them are limited releases that rarely go under $100...
The whole RD set would be around $500 not counting shipping...

Either way, you can't have a complete Eva collection 'cuz they have shown so far no interest on making Eva 05 or Mark 06 (let alone Eva 04 which would require only re-paint the Eva 03 mold)...

View Original PostElectric Sachiel wrote:I say get the Robot Damashi Unit 01 to start out....

It was recently re-released, you can probably still grab one at around the same price as an EvaEvo...

Now make your own choice based on our unbiased guides...
Pick Revos!
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

shaneva002
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby shaneva002 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:03 pm

Wonder Fest (Winter) 2013 is when they'll show all the figures. And i'm sure we'll get revos,figmas and RDs of every version of every eva and pilots in this movie. They've done this for every rebuild movie that came out, its a cash cow. Except I'm not falling for it this time, Revo 08 and the Monsterarts Angels are all i'm biting on this time! I hope............
Internet elitists suck,ya you know who you are.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:04 pm

View Original Postshaneva002 wrote:And i'm sure we'll get [...] RDs

Yeah.. Right XD
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

PainXIII12
Adam

How tall is the Evangelion mark 06 Box?

Postby PainXIII12 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:22 pm

what are the dimensions of the evangelion mark 06 box?

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:55 pm

The what?
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Jinroh
Ireul
Ireul

Postby Jinroh » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:07 pm

If he's talking about mark 06's bento box, I'd say quite big :-D

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:15 pm

If this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOM-xapIIOI

then ~30cm, I'd guess.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

shaneva002
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby shaneva002 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:51 pm

Are we still having this conversion? lol
I own both a set of Revo Evas and RD Evas and the RDs are simply just all around better then the Revos. However, the Revos are not that far off so i'd go for either.

Price wise the Revos are slowly becoming as bad as the RDs because of no more runs(revo #100) and the EX 04(Yes it goes for $180-200) so price is no longer a factor between the two.

Whatever you pick just hit up mandarake first you can luck out there from time to time.
Internet elitists suck,ya you know who you are.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”