Eva Action Figures [2]

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
SHINOBI-03
Adam

Postby SHINOBI-03 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:56 pm

Today is my birthday. Do you know what that means?! It's been a whole year since I owned my very first Eva figure! It's been a year already...?!
On the List:
- 2 RD Eva 01 (On hold)
- RD Eva 02 (On hold)
- RD Eva 02 The Beast (On hold)

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:01 pm

Yay!
Congratulations! Have a nice day!
Hmmm... November 13th 2009... The day I bougth Eva 00 Tv(yellow) (my first Eva)
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

SHINOBI-03
Adam

Postby SHINOBI-03 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:16 pm

View Original Postarael wrote:Yay!
Congratulations! Have a nice day!
Hmmm... November 13th 2009... The day I bougth Eva 00 Tv(yellow) (my first Eva)

LOL We both started with yellow Eva 00.
On the List:
- 2 RD Eva 01 (On hold)
- RD Eva 02 (On hold)
- RD Eva 02 The Beast (On hold)

insomniac
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby insomniac » Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:23 pm

Happy Birthday SHINOBI-03!

It's been ages since my first Eva collectible, since it was the HG model kits in the 90s.

shaneva002
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby shaneva002 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:09 am

Damn I remember my first evas were the old Kaiyodo ones.Not the repackaged tube carded/metallic paint ones under the Art Asylum/Kaiyodo brand from the early 2000s but the orginal square carded/Matte paint ones under the Xebec/Kaiyodo brand from the late 90s.I remember buying 02 and 01 from a comic book store in the mall that went outta business in 98 lol God I feel old.......
Internet elitists suck,ya you know who you are.

insomniac
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby insomniac » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:48 pm

^ I remembered seeing those for the first time and thought they looked absolutely "amazing". (They still look pretty good now actually)

But the imports were way out of my price range as a high school student. I think it sold for around $65 over here, and at the time, action figures only averaged around $20 each.

shaneva002
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby shaneva002 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:14 pm

Ya they were pretty expensive back then, fourtunatly the store I got them from was going outta buisness so I got them pretty cheap if I recall.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:01 pm

View Original Postshaneva002 wrote:Ya they were pretty expensive back then, fourtunatly the store I got them from was going outta buisness so I got them pretty cheap if I recall.

Yeah...
Nothing's better than a store that sells what you like doing clearance sales due to going out of bussines :thumbsup:

shaneva002
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby shaneva002 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:34 pm

lol ya I miss that store too, it was the only LCS in the mall or surrounding area.Now that very same mall is just crap.......

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:35 pm

Yah... I remember, there was a boom of anime stores around 2006-2009... Now they all seem to be closed except for 2 or 3... I used to go aevery 2 or 3 Thursdays after school to see what was new (apparently they received new merchandise on those days)...
Holy mother of Lilith!
It's Thursday already! No post in my blog last weekend!
I blame Patapon 3!
The game is so adictive...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fixed, week post...

n2eva
Embryo

Yamato Eva Unit 00

Postby n2eva » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:27 am

Thinking about buying one of the metallic Yamato Eva Unit 00's but can't find a single review anywhere-just the same couple of pics. Can anyone provide me a link or give their thoughts on it.

Motoro
Embryo

Postby Motoro » Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:27 pm

I´ve got myself the Shikinami Asuka Langley School Uniform version, its in the mail hopefully arriving Monday. Any clues on where to get costumes? I think im getting the plugsuit Asuka next anyone whit both figures who can make a little comparison? It would be much welcome
Que asco!

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:46 pm

Never had one open in my hands, but judging from the pics, I probably can only move the elbows, knees, and with luck the shoulders and hips...
From what I saw in the box when I saw one in a store, they have only 1 set of hands, capable of spinning on the wrist axis (no up-down motion) and all of the weapons have a hole for a peg in the Eva's hand (the Lance actually becomes flat near the middle as to have a hole for the peg, looks fugly)...

If you just want a figure of Eva 00, you can try that one..

Want articulation?
Try Revoltech
(though Eva 00 blue is rather hard to find, you can sometimes see it for less than $30 on Ebay)

Want a challenge and a really nice figure?
Find a Bandai model kit (seen them for less than $40); after 20 hours of fun assembling and painting and you'll haves one of the most screen-acurate figure's you'll find...

Have some serious cash?
Soul of Chogokin, comes with a huge Lance, has near-perfect screen accuracy and really good articulation...

I can recommend also EvaEvo and Robot Damashii, but those are only of Rebuild's Eva 00...

n2eva
Embryo

Postby n2eva » Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:19 pm

Thanks for the pointers. I'm all for more articulation but I want it for display and at least reasonable poseability.

One set of hands is nice-not that there's anything wrong with multiple sets. As far as the Lance of Longinus having a flat part, I can look past that.

Again the info is much appreciated being that I was only able to find the basic uniform description everywhere online.

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

Postby KnightmareX13 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:23 pm

So it comes with a .50 cal sniper riffle? Cool!
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:32 pm

Actually, being considered Eva 00's signature weapon, the rifle comes with practically all figures...

bogusman
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby bogusman » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:54 am

View Original PostMotoro wrote:I´ve got myself the Shikinami Asuka Langley School Uniform version, its in the mail hopefully arriving Monday. Any clues on where to get costumes? I think im getting the plugsuit Asuka next anyone whit both figures who can make a little comparison? It would be much welcome

Well u can buy some of those 1/6 costume from HLJ.com or amazon.jp. Hot Toys or cool girl costume are ok but they somewhat seems a little bit to big to be worn by those figures.
i suggest costumes from azone or cutie they look perfect for them, 1/6 custom dolls parts and accessories are more compatible for these figures. Here are some of mine

SPOILER: Show

majority of these costumes are azone, i bought from HLJ and amazon.jp but the accesories are hot toy's.

anyway headscuplt for the school uniform ver and plug suit is (a little) different . IMHO the school uniform ver looks more like anime one.
Yea...

Motoro
Embryo

Postby Motoro » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:19 am

I total agree with you and its the main resano why iI bought the school uniform versión first, however I love how the plugsuits hide the joints and as Asuka is my favorite character so Im planning get both versions in the future.

I love your costumes and thats exactly what Im looking for, I will definitely check the sites you gave me

Thanks
Que asco!

insomniac
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby insomniac » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:45 am

bogusman, your customs of Rei in the short skirt and Asuka in the hot pants looks great! Are those the original Medicom bodies?

Because the joints looks more natural than their usual figures, and Rei has those funky platform heels on.

The girls are dressed very appropriately to their personalities too.

bogusman
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby bogusman » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:33 am

View Original Postinsomniac wrote:bogusman, your customs of Rei in the short skirt and Asuka in the hot pants looks great! Are those the original Medicom bodies?

Because the joints looks more natural than their usual figures, and Rei has those funky platform heels on.

The girls are dressed very appropriately to their personalities too.

yes, those are the RAH school girl version's body. apparently this body is better than the old version of RAH Asuka yellow dress version. I think the body resembles 1/6 fashion doll's body, thus make their costumes and accesories compatible.
And these figures could stand in several pose without any support too

costumes can be found in hlj.com , amazon.jp or 1999.co.jp in fashion doll section
this one are mixed cosumes and accesories, other than the short pants are hot toys stuff

this Shinji uses RAH naked2 body & hot toys costumes
Yea...

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”