Platinum Edition

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Thu Nov 25, 2004 12:00 am

And if you are into silicone (I'm not) there is a hooters on the top floor, along with about 50 other resturants.

Yep, that truly is the Mall of America...

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:33 pm

In case it hasn't been mentioned...

Platinum Volume 3 is now available, and it includes episodes 11-14.

Extras included are a small feature called "The English Remix Process", which features Matt Greenfield as well as Wade Shemwell, who did the english audio restoration and mixing. The two of them also provide commentary for episode 13, which is technically "The English Remix Process Part 2". There's also a commentary for episode 11 with Tiffany Grant and Matt Greenfield. The audio restoration stuff is interesting as far as ADR and sound mixing goes. As for the commentary with "Mr. & Mrs. Greenfield", its not much on insightful commentary, its just two people in a booth bantering, which is what we've come to expect by this point with the Platinum commentary tracks.

And I'm still trying to figure out how Matt Greenfield thinks Ritsuko's outfit is actually a wet suit... as when she did wear a wet suit it looked nothing like the outfit she ordinarily wears and he claims is a wet suit.

And I feel like a gigantic dork for being irritated that the english language director/producer would make some agregious error like this.

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Sat Nov 27, 2004 4:37 pm

And I feel like a gigantic dork for being irritated that the english language director/producer would make some agregious error like this.

You're not a dork. This is yet another sign of our impending doom.

OR, maybe you are a dork, and this is Matt's attempt at being controversial.

_get some help

Dark FireStar
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby Dark FireStar » Mon Nov 29, 2004 2:16 pm

We are dorks (well at least the ones over 300 posts heh) if we spend our time chatting and conversing about a fiction show about giant super monsters fighting for the future of mankind (i wish).
Don't ban me for a limited time! Either ban me for good or let me be. (I only hold grudges for a few years lol)

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Tue Nov 30, 2004 1:14 am

We are dorks (well at least the ones over 300 posts heh) if we spend our time chatting and conversing about a fiction show about giant super monsters fighting for the future of mankind (i wish).

Water is wet. Swallowing needles hurts. Michael Jackson molests children.

_get some help

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:26 am

question:i ordered Platinum Edtion vol.3 from amazon.com and i just today noticed that in "product details" it says that the dvd i ordered can only be viewable in USA and Canada..that means that it won't play in my PS2?-that's the dvd i use-..
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

Dark FireStar
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby Dark FireStar » Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:47 pm

I guess but why do they make it so you cant play games from other countrys that bull crap!......and stuff
Don't ban me for a limited time! Either ban me for good or let me be. (I only hold grudges for a few years lol)

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Tue Nov 30, 2004 3:44 pm

Its supposed to keep countries with strong economies from creating cheaper versions of other countries domestic products, thus outselling them. Its a way of encouraging the domestic ecomony world-wide.

It seems rather stupid, when its just a region code. The entire DVD isn't formatted to each region, it simply has a code in it that needs to be unlocked by the player. Its used for DVDs and video games primarily. Audio CDs have no region coding, but then again they were introduced prior to the region system and thus haven't been affected by it. Although I'll bet when they replace Audio CDs with a different format, it will have region coding.

Not to encourage people to beat the system, but there are actually secret codes for most DVD players that can permanently or temporarily make your DVD player multi-region. Just search online for "DVD region hacking". Its not recommended, because in some instances you can permanently damage your DVD player. But it is possible to get around region coding without much effort.

Dark FireStar
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby Dark FireStar » Tue Nov 30, 2004 3:48 pm

(Slides a wad of munny under the table) Thank you for the information. We will be keeping in touch.

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Tue Nov 30, 2004 3:51 pm

so EM does this mean that it won't play on my DVD(ps2)?
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Tue Nov 30, 2004 3:58 pm

Not unless you mod it. :?

You may want to cancel your order if you can.

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:05 pm

The Eva Monkey wrote:Not unless you mod it. :?

You may want to cancel your order if you can.

it can't be done now..it's already been shipped...
but i thought that ps2 played all DVD normally..

Dark FireStar
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby Dark FireStar » Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:09 pm

Nope you should have done some backround checking or something.

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:01 pm

well the dvds are predicted to come in 2-3 days..if something wrong will happen i'll try to solve it like the way you told me EM..thanks..

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:04 pm

Dark FireStar wrote:(Slides a wad of munny under the table) Thank you for the information. We will be keeping in touch.

Sounds like your a drug lord or something illegal is going on at ur place Dark Firestar :roll:
I have too much anime, yet it's not enough. Anime Addict, if it were a drug; I'd be dead.

Dark FireStar
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby Dark FireStar » Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:27 pm

Hey this is a rough buesness :wink:

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Wed Dec 01, 2004 1:05 am

Dark FireStar wrote:Hey this is a rough buesness :wink:

TS calls the cops

*911 operator (911): hello How can I help you*
*TS: This person I know is a doing illegal stuff*
*911: What is his name and what illegal stuff is he doing*
*TS: I only know him as Dark Firestar, and the illegal business he is doing is under age prostitiution, money laundring, producing drugs, selling illegal fire arms, and burning Dvd's
*911: That sounds serious , we better send for the swat team *

An hour later after a lengthy gun battle , Dark Firestar is drag out of his house , barely alive, with blood every where.

The Sargent in charge says " This make you think twice about burning Dvd's and exploting the Dvd players fragile code"
I have too much anime, yet it's not enough. Anime Addict, if it were a drug; I'd be dead.

Dark FireStar
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby Dark FireStar » Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:30 pm

Timesplitter 01 wrote:
Dark FireStar wrote:Hey this is a rough buesness :wink:

TS calls the cops

*911 operator (911): hello How can I help you*
*TS: This person I know is a doing illegal stuff*
*911: What is his name and what illegal stuff is he doing*
*TS: I only know him as Dark Firestar, and the illegal business he is doing is prostitiution, money laundring, selling illegal fire arms, assiantions, private infromation selling, and burning Dvd's
*911: That sounds serious , we better send for the swat team *

An hour later after a lengthy gun battle , Dark Firestar Kills 200 SWAT team members and excapes in a stelth plane that was hideing under his swimming pool

The Sargent in charge says " This was kool! Good thing I got it on tape"

You had some slight errors. :wink:

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Wed Dec 01, 2004 5:19 pm

As long as you don't slobber all over an open package, you can always return it, don't forget.

That's really strange; I've never had trouble playing alterna-region DVDs in my old jalopy of a player.

_get some help

Dark FireStar
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby Dark FireStar » Wed Dec 01, 2004 5:42 pm

Probilty because it was old and dident have the standerds they do now.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”