[Merch] Evangelion Figures Superthread [3]

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

Re: [Merch] Evangelion Figures Superthread [3]

•      
  •      

Postby bladerj » Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:41 pm

View Original PostBlockio wrote:Trust me, I am very familiar with how Bandai operates when it comes to releasing model kits, I've got some 70 of them on my shelf. Fact is, they like being able to retool their molds for new kits; which so far has worked great for the RG Evas, because most of them are identical save for the chest and head, otherwise we most certainly would not have gotten the 03 that they teased.

That being said - Mark.06 need a completely new armor mold. Unit 05 needs a completely new armor mold, is comically huge and needs an entirely new frame for the limbs. Eva 13 needs an entirely new everything, if it wasn't kind of a big deal, we most certainly would not be getting that, either.
Same applies to the TV Versions; they have completely different proportions, so exactly none of the frame is reusable; I think you can answer the question of how likely it is that we'll be getting those by yourself.

bandai works with public appeal....Japanese public appeal....they are completely out of touch with international consumers, i was personally in the room with their damashi representative when he came to brazil some 9 or 10 years ago, he was surprised at the models/figures we wanted,(we also took sugestion from latin america countries) because they werent popular in Japan.
so lets say for whatever reason unit 5 is huge in europe, la,and usa.....doesnt matter, Japan doesnt like it, no tool. if they made that frankstein or unit 08 beta, they can make unit 5,since they made beta my guess is, the unit will be in the movie longer than we though, or it was a demand from khara.
ANATA BAKA !?

Gojimatt
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Gojimatt » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:29 am

Interesting. Being a Godzilla fan I'm familiar with the disparity between what Bandai perceives what the Japanese fandom wants versus the Western fandom want. Frustrating to say the least. Fascinating to hear how baffled they are by what the rest of the world wants. Come on guys, we like Eva's too, you know!

With unit 08 It's probably because it's a new(wish) Eva from a new film that, because it was featured in the opening scene that was previewed already and that allows them to make the character given its already been seen in action. Kind of like how we'd never likely get a Taskmaster figure in the normal order of things if he wasn't in the new Black widow and Bandai had no other Marvel films to tie their merch in with. Plus, I think people would be more likely to buy unit 08 Beta in the run up to 3.0+1.0's release and less likely if the more standard unit 08 glimpsed in one of the trailers is released ahead of it.

Yeah, getting a unit 05 would be a good litmus test/miracle. I'm hopeful that, because the MK 13 is in the trailer (and presumably in the film to some degree) that we might get one of those. I have the Mafex one ordered but who knows when that might come out given the current situation and Mafex's usual delays. Plus, its complexities make me nervous given Mafex's sometimes wayward build quality. I think I Bandai's would prove more robust, should they prove to make one.

The thing that gives me some hope is their approach so far. Granted, there's no guarantee they'll continue on the way they started but seeing as Unit 00 is a regular release and not a Web exclusive, might be a good sign. Might be. Fingers crossed. I want a MK 6 dammit!
'Do not try to escape earthlings or you'll force us to kill you!'

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby bladerj » Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:57 am

View Original PostGojimatt wrote:Interesting. Being a Godzilla fan I'm familiar with the disparity between what Bandai perceives what the Japanese fandom wants versus the Western fandom want. Frustrating to say the least. Fascinating to hear how baffled they are by what the rest of the world wants.

truthly they dont "Care" as its common to most Japanese companies, their market is internal and that is what drives them. its only been recent years that they started to take notice of international market, just look at videogame companies.
After that reunion (that was very open, we invited collectors and retailers) it took them 4 years but now brazil has their own tamashii store to buy products directly from them and they made a special figure for our market, jaspion (or juspion in Japan) ,because while it has a HUGE following in brazil and parts of LAM ,Japan never gave a shit to that show.

edit: their decision to have a tamashii store was driven in part by complaints of our market upping up the price way above the figures sugested price preventing costumers to buy them, its not in bandai interest to not have their figures reaching the fans, he was very categorical about that.
And to offer our market a possibility to aquire itens that would not be shipped via retailers here,because we need a to buy a certain amount for shipping and limted figures dont have that amount, also we lose a LOT of figures increasing their price because they are labeled as toys by our customs so inmetro has to test them for safety, and that means sacrificing like 400-800 figures in a 2000-3000 lot........really bullshit, and we tried many times to appeal to have them classified as a collector items, but the toy and figure industry lobbyed against it, as if they produce anything here like that or even have the tools to license and produce them here, if they did, label them as toys as you wish and make them here CHEAPER.

And btw inmetro test is completely unecessary as bandai already does this, there is a seal there on the box and as signataries that seal is internationally valid. :rolleyes:
ANATA BAKA !?

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:58 am

Ahh yes... Brazil's customs are the bane of anyone that dares have fun with anything imported... :uhh:

It really sucks the lengths some friends have to go to get their stuff. A coumple of coleagues came to study here in Mexico and literally returned with a second suitcase filled to the brim with collectibles and electronics that are effing expensive over there.
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

Gojimatt
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Gojimatt » Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:31 am

You have my sympathy. It sounds Nightmarish. And I thought I had it bad in the UK. Though I did just have to fork out £27.00 to get my Figuarts Captain Marvel into the country. Joy. It was quite a tussle to get it out of Japan

I understand Bandai's Japan-centric business thinking but it is frustrating. Official releases here in UK are very limited; lots of Dragonball Z stuff, select Marvel and DC, limited Godzilla stuff and no Eva's.

On the up side, I just paid for my Robot Damashii unit 00's and reviews are starting to pop up:

http://hacchaka.net/archives/52059821.html#more

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_alOz24mPk

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:25 pm

Plugsuit versions of the Nendoroids coming, not just the school uniform versions:

~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Gojimatt
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Gojimatt » Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:25 am

Received my Robot Damashii Unit 08 improvised combat configuration thingy. Very nice. A little unwieldy given the design, more fun to play with when the guns are off. Much more firmly built and easier to pose than the revoltech. Pleased with it overall though I'm having trouble getting the bracket for the stand in its back which means I haven't been able to get in any truly dramatic poses as yet. Would recommend though probably safe to wait for it to come down in price as I think this thing is likely to shelf warm given its unconventional design.

Also got the new Unit 00 Robot Damashii last month. Again, a very nice figure overall. The swappable pieces to convert it into its 1.0 and 2.0 armour configurations work well. Only slight problem I've had is the arms. They tend to pull out over time and the joint for the left arm on one is shallow so the arm doesn't seem to stay in properly. Nothing too bad, just a slight annoyance but good overall.

Bring on Unit 02!!!

Update: For those that might have missed it, Bandai posted an article about the Dynaction Eva unit 01 over on their website. http://tamashiinations.blog.jp/archives/7141901.html

Plus, Revoltech Eva unit 02 or whatever its designation is in 3.0 + 1.0!
https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10722516

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:10 pm

RG Unit 08 announced!
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Gojimatt
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Gojimatt » Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:06 am

Robot Damashii Eva unit 08 Beta is in the sale over on Amiami and Amazon.co.jp. Pretty good reduction. Picked up another one so I can have with and without guns. Hopefully there might be some new reveals at the Tamashii event on November 6.

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:02 am

I'm not expecting any new kit/figure reveals until the movie or at least a new trailer showing new designs drops; Bandai, Kaiyodo and Koto are almost definitely preparing their mills for the designs that are actually going to be in the movies, and since we don't get the first figure reveals like a year after the movie's release, they definitely have gotten the designs already and are working on their molds.

Possibly maybe we might be getting a Mark.10 before that, but I'm not holding my breath for it. Well, and There might be an RG 03/04 announcement, since they've showed off that they already have those in the works
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Gojimatt
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Gojimatt » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:26 pm

Scroll down to the Robotexhibitions section.

https://tamashii.jp/special/tamashii_nation/vrl/

'The lineup including new works will be exhibited at once!'

It appears Evangelion products in the Robot Damashii and Dynaction will be shown.

It begins!

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:57 pm

Oh yeah, saw that announcement a while back. I'm expecting post-Avant 02 and 08 I'll put proper names once I stop being a smoothbrain and actually remember them, and possibly maybe Mark.10. Or some complete curveball, you never know for sure with Bandai, they like to throw in cool stuff you'd never have seen coming

Gojimatt
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Gojimatt » Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:41 am

Kind of hoping the MK 13 might be in the mix. Granted, we have no idea how much it will be featured in 3.0+1.0 but it's already been seen so it's not like the design is a secret; though we have no idea what'll happen to it and how it may change but it would be nice for bandai to take a crack at it. I have the Mafex on pre-order but who knows when that may come out given Mafex's wayward release schedule and I have concerns about how it will hold up structurally, given its complexity and the fact a lot of the Mafex figures tend to come out floppy. Hopefully, they'll be a revised version of the unit 02 prototype (can't remember its new designation either) they showed last year when they announced the return of the line.

Totally baseless speculation, I wonder whether we might get some Eva's for January and February as the Bandai's pre-order window for those months are a little light and that has, in the past, been an indication of other toys in the works that they're keeping back on announcing or can't announce until they're closer to the release of whatever it is they're trying to tie their merch to. Given we've glimpsed several of the new look Eva's in the two trailers already we won't have to wait too long.

I don't suppose we'll get anything new with the Dynaction line but it would be cool if they revealed a 2.0 Unit 02 but that seems unlikely until they show one for the Damashii line but a man can dream.

evaunit13
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby evaunit13 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:20 pm

Kind of underwhelming reveal at Tamashii Nations; literally all just versions of 02, two of which we've already seen, and Dynaction 02.
Wondering if they'll bother continuing the line beyond what's been shown.

SPOILER: Show
i want rebuild

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:44 am

Does someone know when the WonderFest was gonna be?
Edit:
Oh it was november 1st? I haven't seen any new Eva stuff. Wasn't there going to be an Eva centric one in june which was moved to later in the year?
Edit2: The Eva centric one is in december:

I expect white plug suit figures.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:20 am

View Original Postkuribo-04 wrote:Oh it was november 1st? I haven't seen any new Eva stuff.

That is because there was no Wonderfest :sniffle:
It was cancelled back in May

Winter 2021 still standing, closer to the movie's release date, so maybe there'll be something there...
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

Gojimatt
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Gojimatt » Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:44 am

Kinda curious that all the Eva's Bandai showed off were Unit 02s. Not complaining mind, unit 02 was conspicuous by its absence in the relaunched Damashii line. And though it was fairly predictable, cool that they revealed the Dynaction unit 02 even if it means me selling off organs to afford it. Disappointed there wasn't more 3.0 + 4.0 stuff, it seems like they're either holding off doing the other Eva's closer to the films release or aren't allowed to do them yet, given that Kaiyodo have solicited the unit 02 a and that's the only new reveal from Bandai for 3.0 + 4.0.

Berserker
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Berserker » Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:55 am

Tamagotchi  SPOILER: Show

But the question is, how's that Shinji, Rei, Asuka? The colour matches up, yeah. But Rei's Zeruel, Shinji's Sachiel and Asuka's something i can't figure out??? Why?
EvaGeeks at its finest: discussing whether or not a 14 yo girl has breast implants and how they should look. ~Shamsiel-kun
Sometimes I secretly think the reason I'm an A/S shipper is because I want Rei for myself. ~Chuckman
Eew, penis and testicles, gross! ~Reichu
My dude, "cross, crucifix, troubles, back, rood, buttock" sounds a lot closer to classic Evangelion than just one stray buttock roaming around in the film. ~FreakyFilmFan4ever

robersora
Laissez-faire in Moderation
Laissez-faire in Moderation

•      
  •      

Postby robersora » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:59 am

^
I think Asuka's might be Ghagiel...
The only pattern I could see is that these are all Angels the respective pilots/units have big scenes with and might thus be associated with them.
Sachiel is Shinji's/Eva 01 first fight as a pilot, so is Ghagiel for Asuka/02 (despite Shinji being on board as well)
Unit 00 didn't really do anything really significant until self destructing against Zeruel... Tho I too think that Arimasael might have been the better fit... idk ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

In the end pairing up pilots/units and angels is kind of asinine but so are many of the hollow merchandise ploys of the series.
2Q||3.33 _ 神殺しを行う
Decadent Stoned Slacker Socialist

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:01 pm

Asuka's is definitely Gaghiel, yeah. And yeah... not much rhyme or reason to which Angel goes with which colors, it's all kinda arbitrary

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”