[Merch] Evangelion Figures Superthread [3]

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Re: [Merch] Evangelion Figures Superthread [3]

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:05 am

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:Though the marketing people do get props for that trailer.

Indeed... That was the most dramatic toy commercial I've ever seen :lol:
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby bladerj » Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:51 pm

So i just saw a review for mafex eva 01.....wow the figure is very flimsy, and cant even stand on its own. i'm almost cancelling my eva 00 pre order, so i could finish my line of evas with the damashi eva 01 and 02.....if bandai wasnt notoriously for showing stuff and never releasing or waiting 5 years to release it, i could wait the new RD evas
ANATA BAKA !?

Gojimatt
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Gojimatt » Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:11 am

Haven't posted here in an age but a quick word about the Mafex Evas. Unit 01 has some annoyingly loose joints and a few wayward paint apps which does make it feel delicate and insubstantial I guess. Having said that, the sculpt is very nice and most of those issues were mostly corrected for awakening version unit 01 and unit 02. Though both subsequent figures both have the odd issue, the occasional paint flub and the like, both are much tighter in the joint department and feel less fragile than unit 01. At least that's my experience with this line thus far. I think Mafex's approach to the build of these figures isn't anywhere near Bandai's robot Damashii figures (whatever compromises in sculptural fidelity those figures made were made up for in build quality, in my opinion).

So yeah, the sculpts are really nice, very anime accurate and despite some wayward paint apps and the odd production flub, I like these figures, though they are admittedly, a tad pricey. I fee this line has a better chance of filing out the rest of the Evas, maybe not all but most, something I would be surprised if Bandai did. That's my two cents worth. Now someone give me a MK 13!
'Do not try to escape earthlings or you'll force us to kill you!'

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby bladerj » Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:06 pm

View Original PostGojimatt wrote:Haven't posted here in an age but a quick word about the Mafex Evas. Unit 01 has some annoyingly loose joints and a few wayward paint apps which does make it feel delicate and insubstantial I guess. Having said that, the sculpt is very nice and most of those issues were mostly corrected for awakening version unit 01 and unit 02. Though both subsequent figures both have the odd issue, the occasional paint flub and the like, both are much tighter in the joint department and feel less fragile than unit 01. At least that's my experience with this line thus far. I think Mafex's approach to the build of these figures isn't anywhere near Bandai's robot Damashii figures (whatever compromises in sculptural fidelity those figures made were made up for in build quality, in my opinion).

So yeah, the sculpts are really nice, very anime accurate and despite some wayward paint apps and the odd production flub, I like these figures, though they are admittedly, a tad pricey. I fee this line has a better chance of filing out the rest of the Evas, maybe not all but most, something I would be surprised if Bandai did. That's my two cents worth. Now someone give me a MK 13!

A tad late but thank you for your review, i decided not to cancel my eva 00.
ANATA BAKA !?

Blockio
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:21 pm

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/111461
I did not expect this; nor was I prepared for it. But holy shit does this look good.
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:58 pm

View Original PostBlockio wrote:https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/111461
I did not expect this; nor was I prepared for it. But holy shit does this look good.

What in Adam's Red Earth is that...? :huh:

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:12 am

"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:24 am

Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

Blockio
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:34 pm

These artworks do looks pretty awesome, ngl
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:07 pm

Anyone have any success finding the new Evangelion Funko Pops in the wild?

I'm hearing scattered reports of the figures rolling out inconsistently. Doesn't look like plug suit Asuka has hit shelves yet, but the other three are showing up in some places like Hot Topic, Box Lunch, ThinkGeek, and GameStop. I managed to find Shinji and Rei at my local Hot Topic, hoping to find some time to hit some other stores to hopefully find the other two.

Blockio
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:45 pm

I guess this goes here - there's some Q themes plush bears on HLJ out!
And honestly, they are pretty cute

Blockio
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:17 pm

Freshly announced: Real Grade Unit 00! with a positron rifle weapon set!

https://twitter.com/HobbySite/status/1224497941823442944
SPOILER: Show

https://twitter.com/HobbySite/status/1224499218636656640

100mega
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby 100mega » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:49 am

Have we gotten any information about the actual height of the newly annouced RG kits? To be honest I'm hoping they're taller than standard RGs.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:59 am

So... Wonder Fest 2020...
I've been searching far and wide and came up with some (you guessed it) Revoltechs!

First, some new Eva 02 from Anima...
I have not read that story so I lack any context about it, but it looks... Kinda nice...

Also, some images from the 3.0+1.0 Eva 02 seen on the trailers... I'm not sure if the spoiler policy is already in effect or if this should be moved to a separate thread in the Final section of the forum, so until further notice, I'll just use the spoiler tag:

Some ammo deposit? Jetpack?
It surprises me it can move, given how bulky and cluttered it looks!
Out November!

Blockio
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:57 am

Oh nice, Euro II and new 02 Revos! Kaiyodo really is going all out on these from the looks of it

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:20 pm

Some finished models of Shin Evangelion- Eva 02

Is there anything left of Eva 02 at this point? :lol:

Also, a big ass model of the same Eva 02

wlagner
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby wlagner » Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:17 am

View Original PostSEELE-01 wrote:Some finished models of Shin Evangelion- Eva 02

Is there anything left of Eva 02 at this point? :lol:

Also, a big ass model of the same Eva 02

Im super excited for new Revos but seeing this I can't help but feel they're SUPER over designed and the dread of moving them around and worrying about little pieces falling or flimsy joints not being able to support the weight of limbs and generally being a nightmare to handle as it was with the last revo I bought (Eva 01 Final Model).
Mixed feelings, i don't know where I stand. Same with the Unit 8 that's already been released and I haven't bought and that's my fave unit.

Blockio
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:20 am

I wouldn't worry too much about that - Revo joints are pretty sturdy (apart from the hands sometimes), and all of that garbage on the back looks like it has one or two points of articulation at most.
Maybe my tolerance is higher than yours from building Gunpla, but this thing to me looks like it's gonna be a tank

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:36 pm

View Original Postwlagner wrote:Mixed feelings, i don't know where I stand. Same with the Unit 8 that's already been released and I haven't bought and that's my fave unit.

To be honest I was in the same spot until I saw it in action in the Avant... I'm already chasing a discount one in Amiami or Mandarake

View Original Postwlagner wrote:SUPER over designed

Indeed... Yamahsita went waaaay over the top here :lol:
Maybe as Blockio says we are simply not used to see such a design. Evas are notorious among mechas for being relatively streamlined and far more articulated than the standard blocky, toy-ready robot... IIRC, at some point it was requested that the Eva design was modified to ease figure manufacture...

And Revo joints can support a lot of weight... As for the dinamism of the figure itself, I wouldn't be surprised if Yamaguchi comes up with some clever designs to counter the volume of the figure...

All that is left now is to know how much it'll cost :uhh:

Blockio
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:37 pm

You misread what I said, but not entirely wrong either. I was more referring to the fact that a lot of mecha model kits have chronically loose joints, so by comparison anything Revoltech puts out feels super sturdy

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”