[Merch] Evangelion Figures Superthread [3]

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
supersonicshion
Embryo

Re: [Merch] Evangelion Figures Superthread [3]

•      
  •      

Postby supersonicshion » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:55 pm

View Original PostSEELE-01 wrote:Oh, Ok... If you found a decent price go ahead then... RD's are some of the best Evas in that size!

As for the SOC vs Kotobukiya kits, according to this thread, TMBounty_Hunter lists the size of the Kotobukiya models at 19cm to the pylon (considering a 4cm difference to the Bandai kits). If anyone here has a SOC they could provide height to compare, digitally at least...

Also, two new members in less than a month... That's unusual :uhh:

Haha I guess it has to do with Netflix? Anyway I've been an EVA fan since 1998 or so. There weren't cool boards like these back in the day haha... Plus I decided to renew and complete my EVA collection about a year ago and advance with modern figures.

evanrue
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby evanrue » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:21 pm

View Original Postsupersonicshion wrote:Haha I guess it has to do with Netflix? Anyway I've been an EVA fan since 1998 or so. There weren't cool boards like these back in the day haha... Plus I decided to renew and complete my EVA collection about a year ago and advance with modern figures.

Not due to Netflix. Has been an Eva fan since it was first broadcast :) My sudden interest to join is due to the Rebuild 3.0+1 news that rekindled my quest to complete my core trio EVA series :D

evanrue
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby evanrue » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:30 pm

View Original PostSEELE-01 wrote:Oh, Ok... If you found a decent price go ahead then... RD's are some of the best Evas in that size!

As for the SOC vs Kotobukiya kits, according to this thread, TMBounty_Hunter lists the size of the Kotobukiya models at 19cm to the pylon (considering a 4cm difference to the Bandai kits). If anyone here has a SOC they could provide height to compare, digitally at least...

Also, two new members in less than a month... That's unusual :uhh:

These are pics of my SOC SPEC, i measure it at about 20.3cm to the top of EVA-01 pylons. Laid flat, but almost impossible due to the pointy back.

If Koto's are exactly 19cm to the pylon, then there's a less than 1.5cm difference between it and the SPEC. Hope they'll scale nicely, will get to know in a week's time :)

Here they are with the NERV HQ

supersonicshion
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby supersonicshion » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:45 pm

View Original Postevanrue#890199 wrote:These are pics of my SOC SPEC, i measure it at about 20.3cm to the top of EVA-01 pylons. Laid flat, but almost impossible due to the pointy back.

If Koto's are exactly 19cm to the pylon, then there's a less than 1.5cm difference between it and the SPEC. Hope they'll scale nicely, will get to know in a week's time :)

Here they are with the NERV HQ

Wow man they look awesome!!! Where is the HQ from?

Lol regarding Netflix I assume most of us are old school fans it was just a joke ;)

evanrue
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby evanrue » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:08 pm

View Original Postsupersonicshion wrote:Wow man they look awesome!!! Where is the HQ from?

Lol regarding Netflix I assume most of us are old school fans it was just a joke ;)

:D The HQ is from a gashapon set. 5 boxes with different parts of the NERV HQ combining into one pyramid.

oops, forgot to reposition the stairs here

supersonicshion
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby supersonicshion » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:19 pm

View Original Postevanrue wrote::D The HQ is from a gashapon set. 5 boxes with different parts of the NERV HQ combining into one pyramid.

oops, forgot to reposition the stairs here

Congratulations man it does look awesome!!!

supersonicshion
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby supersonicshion » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:34 pm

I’m sharing some of my stuff now:

Sharing my blue Alpine to see if links work lol

supersonicshion
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby supersonicshion » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:44 pm

Among these are the first Gashapon I ever owned and the first ebay purchase I made circa 1999. I completed this set not long ago:

supersonicshion
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby supersonicshion » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:46 pm

Here’s a more serious attempt at toy photography (my instagram is @toyphotography.ar) with SOC Evas:

evanrue
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby evanrue » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:51 pm

View Original Postsupersonicshion wrote:I’m sharing some of my stuff now:

Sharing my blue Alpine to see if links work lol

That car! :w00t:

evanrue
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby evanrue » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:52 pm

View Original Postsupersonicshion wrote:Here’s a more serious attempt at toy photography (my instagram is @toyphotography.ar) with SOC Evas:

Absolutely love the SOC Eva... And that cable carrier truck!

supersonicshion
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby supersonicshion » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:07 pm

Here’s my next photography project, these are mock ups:

supersonicshion
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby supersonicshion » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:09 pm

View Original Postevanrue wrote:Absolutely love the SOC Eva... And that cable carrier truck!

Thanks! Cable carrier is a customized micro machines truck. The Alpine is a Solido 1980s model. There are some available. I’m planning on buying a bigger one, problem is none of them is 100% Misato accurate

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:13 pm

Amazing stuff dude! Those photos look really cool!
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby bladerj » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:23 pm

View Original Postsupersonicshion wrote:Haha I guess it has to do with Netflix? Anyway I've been an EVA fan since 1998 or so. There weren't cool boards like these back in the day haha... Plus I decided to renew and complete my EVA collection about a year ago and advance with modern figures.

YES THERE WERE , SHAME ON YOU !!! i`ve been on forums since 97 talking about animes and tokusatsus, it is how i expanded my knowledge and shrunk my room living space

Welcome to the forums. nice collection you got there
ANATA BAKA !?

supersonicshion
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby supersonicshion » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:43 pm

View Original Postbladerj wrote:YES THERE WERE , SHAME ON YOU !!! i`ve been on forums since 97 talking about animes and tokusatsus, it is how i expanded my knowledge and shrunk my room living space

Welcome to the forums. nice collection you got there

Lol thanks man!

evanrue
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby evanrue » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:51 am

Update: Kotobukiya vs SOC SPEC

I have yet to do actual measurement, but they scale almost nicely to each other. The only issue is the beefiness of the SOC SPEC compared to the thinner/lankier Kotobukiya kit.. Also, the Koto is also about 1cm shorter. But overall, they actually look ok with each other, if one was to assume Eva Unit 02 is an improvement in terms of aerodynamics :tongue:

supersonicshion
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby supersonicshion » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:43 am

View Original Postevanrue wrote:Update: Kotobukiya vs SOC SPEC

I have yet to do actual measurement, but they scale almost nicely to each other. The only issue is the beefiness of the SOC SPEC compared to the thinner/lankier Kotobukiya kit.. Also, the Koto is also about 1cm shorter. But overall, they actually look ok with each other, if one was to assume Eva Unit 02 is an improvement in terms of aerodynamics :tongue:

I must say they look really good next to each other! SOC seems to have the older more heroic build type (broader shoulders and smaller waist) buy they look great and scale well. I think it’s rather a matter of posing them.

evanrue
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby evanrue » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:28 am

View Original Postsupersonicshion wrote:I must say they look really good next to each other! SOC seems to have the older more heroic build type (broader shoulders and smaller waist) buy they look great and scale well. I think it’s rather a matter of posing them.

Exactly! The SOC has a heft and satisfying clicky joints. They are robust and fun to play with. The Kotobukiya kit felt light like a HG Gundam. Probably more screen accurate, but not really fun to play with.

supersonicshion
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby supersonicshion » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:38 am

View Original Postevanrue wrote:Exactly! The SOC has a heft and satisfying clicky joints. They are robust and fun to play with. The Kotobukiya kit felt light like a HG Gundam. Probably more screen accurate, but not really fun to play with.

Are they articulated? Do they have any accessories?

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”