[Merch] Evangelion Figures Superthread [3]

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:30 pm

I'm thinking of preordering Alter's Asuka Jersey Ver., which would be my first figure preorder. I'm not a big figure collector but this one caught my eye since I saw the non-painted version from Wonder Festival. From checking Hobby Search, AmiAmi and CD Japan, CD Japan has it for the lowest at 9180 Y. Just wondering if there are any quirks or things to watch out for from CDJ, how their shipping is, and if the figure is actually available elsewhere at a lower price. Thanks!
Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:42 pm

CDJ's shipping fees can get you, but they do have different options. e.g. the cheapest shipping option is also the slowest with arriving to your doorstep.

I bought stuff from CD Japan years ago but I don't ever remember having any real problems with them, just an empty wallet afterwards. :tongue:
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Gojimatt
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Gojimatt » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:52 am

The only thing to watch for with CDjapan is, and im not sure if its just when u pay with paypal, but they take the money upfront instead of waiting until the stuff comes in stock, not a problem when you're just buying from them but can pre-ordering a bit of a pain.
'Do not try to escape earthlings or you'll force us to kill you!'

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:46 am

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:CDJ's shipping fees can get you, but they do have different options. e.g. the cheapest shipping option is also the slowest with arriving to your doorstep.

Well, to Europe, that is usually about ten days, which isn't a big deal. Shipping from the US to Europe is generally more expensive (sometimes hilariously so) and often much slower.

(And since I wrote that, my copy of The Wind Rises (with extra model glider) has appeared on my desk just 6 days from order.)
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:19 pm

About the Asuka figure, you could just preorder from Rightstuf, no crazy international shipping prices: http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=4560228203622

No idea if the price is a bit higher due to international release or what, but rightstuf does have great shipping deals.

I only bought a few things from them, years ago (got my Refrain of Evangelion (Shinji on cover) CD from them). Like CDJapan, I've never had issues with them.

Come to think of it, though some people have horror stories of terrible service from sites, anytime I do have a problem with an order, the other side is able to fix things promptly and courteously. :)
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:01 pm

Even with the international shipping CDJ is cheaper than Rightstuf with a Tokyo atlas added in. I need the atlas for my trip and asked how it would work to combine a pre-release and an existing item in 1 order. They are down to 8 left.

As for shipping, I usually go with SAL as I don't mind waiting. Had to pay EMS once for a replica Bleach cel because that was the seller's policy and it is fast, but not doing that again unless I must.
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

steve_stevenson
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby steve_stevenson » Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:43 am

the description here made me lol but they make a lot of good points
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Evangelion-Katsuragi-Misato-Ayanami-Rei-Extra-Figure-Motor-riders-/121363739048

SPOILER: Show
The point of extra series are unexpectedness and warmth.

For what does people ask a figure ?

Beauty ...
There is also it.

Original reproducibility ...
There is also it.

However, include them.
Probably, the people is asking for "pleasure" ?

The heavy user understands that well.
Therefore, The more a user becomes a maniac, the more it returns to the starting point.

What is the starting point ?

The starting point is whether user can enjoy or not.
And it is whether user can prompt imagination or not.

As a trend for the past several years, the completeness of modeling is a measure of figure's value.

And these days,
SEGA is also swallowed up by the popular wave
and only the figure which are the minor change version of a plugsuit or a new character is released.

As a result,
the completeness of modeling become up markedly.

Several years ago,
Even if user paid $50, user could not get a high quality figure.

But now,
If user pay $20, user can get the same level figure.

However, if allowed to dare to say,
The present figure are only things as all the same even if which maker.

The individual figure decreased markedly compared with several year before.

This situation is the same as a consumer-electronics marketplace completely.
Probably, you can say that there is no novel product.

Contrast with such a present market,
There is individuality which stood high in the extra series of SEGA.

Even for police, motor rider, and in the end is a mermaid...
It is the lineup which can not read the point at all.

Users were surprised by the novel way of thinking which they were felt to be doing too much and many situation whenever they are released.

A light user says.

"Why mermaid ?
Isn't it related to Eva at all ?"

To be sure, it is right.

However, a heavy user goes the point further.

"It usually got bored.
It is interesting just because a thing unrelated to Eva at all is combined."

Playfulness and warmth were among the extra series which was in fashion several years ago.

Although it will be related to Eva and will not be and modeling will be separated from the original story,
Makers were full of the opening spirit of inquiry which is not and enthusiasm of liking to delight a user.

Therefore, although modeling was rough-planed, conversely, the world of imagination was swollen, the user was also satisfied, and that repeated and bought them.

If there is "no bonds" between a maker and a user, it does not pass along this much many plans.
To be sure, the past users were searching for individuality.

I want you to feel predecessors' playfulness and a prejudice just because it is the now when the figure whose individuality was lost overflows, and to share the starting point of create things.

It is easy to only say that the completeness of modeling is low and to criticize a article.
But a child does not compare or does not criticize a article.

Even though completeness of modeling,
A child treats a Barbie Doll which their parents bought carefully just like the best friend.
And they lives both long time and a life.

I want that you return to the child's heart and swell imagination more.

That way,
You can enjoy the loveliness of a figure, the fun of the way of thinking, and warmth which a handmade feeling produce obediently.

Maniac does not buy a doll.
Maniac buy concept and nostalgia.

The figure of this Misato and Ayanami is commercialized in extra figure series.

Misato and Ayanami were solidified in the stylish rider suit style.

The greatest feature of this figure is that the flexible material which has elasticity in a chest is adopted.

Therefore, attentions tend to gather for a breast.
However modeling of hips is more erotic than modeling of breast in fact.

[Misato]

Misato is a black rider suit style.

A face is also normal prize figure quality.

The bust of Misato is arranged by the terrible enormous breast.

The greatly open bosom is the sexiness which makes it bear a close resemblance to Fujiko Mine.
Both of form and exposure condition are the wonderful finishing job.

After all, It's striking a flexible material.

Tactile feeling seemed to be the rubber ball.
The whole breast was made from one part.

Furthermore, modeling of the hips is immense.
A morbid prejudice is felt for modeling of the circumference of the waist.

Since intrusion of the circumference of the hips is intense in it being unexpected, the hips are sensuous more than a breast.

A prejudice and depth are felt also for expression of the hair.

Expression of the rider suit stuck exactly is conjointly felt attractive in the body as glossy paint.

A deep-black rider suit, therefore a pure white skin are extremely sexy.
The gloss of the suit backs up the beauty of body line.

It is certain that this article most erotic figure in the history of prize figure.

Since scarcity is high and a price is also high, this article is for collector.

[Ayanami]

Ayanami has made a posing as if she was advertizing the bosom nonchalantly open by the inclined attitude.
It is so provocative that it seems not to be Ayanami.

A face is also normal prize figure quality.
The helmet which it has in the hand is also likable.

Although there is no destructive power like Misato,
the valley of the breast brought near hard is also an unparalleled view.

However, the greatest highlight of this series will be modeling of the hips too.

Hip line which is model sculptor threw his whole soul into.
Both of form and textures is the result which it seems not prize product at all.

What hips this is ?!

How depending on which hot pants eat away is not normal.
Expression of the nonchalantly overflowing hips is excellent.

It is certain that this article most erotic figure in the history of prize figure.

Product: Extra Figure
Version: Motor riders Ayanami Rei and Katsuragi Misato set
Prototype production: Hiroomi Shiga (unsweet)

Product Height: about 22 cm
Product Weight: about 360 grams

Manufacturer: SEGA
Made in China

Gojimatt
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Gojimatt » Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:53 am

With summer wonderfest less than a month away I'm hoping we might see some more Eva's, things like the awakened version of Eva 13 and mark 09, seems like a long shot but fingers crossed seeing as they would basically be repaints o pre-existing figures.

I don't know if its just my perception but there seems to be less merchendise for 3.0 than there was for 2.0, i'm still lamenting the fact that Bandai failed to continue to produce any more robot Damashii Eva's. If 3.0 is less popular in general compared to 2.0 I wonder if that is the reason (though i suppose we have a load of medicom Eva's we didn't have for the last film, so there is that).

Speaking of Damashii, can any one shed any light on why Bandai decided not to continue producing those figures? To me they remain the pinnacle of Eva figures and I'd love to see some more but i think i might be waiting a long time for a resurgence of that line. Oh well, ramble over.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:06 pm

View Original PostGojimatt wrote:I don't know if its just my perception but there seems to be less merchendise for 3.0 than there was for 2.0, i'm still lamenting the fact that Bandai failed to continue to produce any more robot Damashii Eva's. If 3.0 is less popular in general compared to 2.0 I wonder if that is the reason (though i suppose we have a load of medicom Eva's we didn't have for the last film, so there is that).

My two cents, but that could be because the characters doesn't have many fanservice potential compared to 2.0: in the latter we had Asuka with her different attires, Mari and her catholic schoolgirl outfit, Rei and her eternal school uniform, Kaworu and his brand new plugsuit... and in 3.0 the female pilots are always in plugsuits, Kaworu and Shinji have either their school uniform and there's already tons of figure of that, or their new plugsuit, which in Kaworu's case is just a color swapped version of his Mark.06 plugsuit.
As for the rest of the cast, they're always covered head to toes with a big uniform (Misato, Ritsuko) and the closest thing to casual attires we have is Sakura's uniform!

In comparison, there were a lot of figures of the new Evas introduced by the movie: EVA-02' and 08 when in space, the sames with the new WILLE armor, Beast Mode EVA-02(1st and 2nd stage) Mark.09 with and without the head, and finally EVA-13.
The only missing things are Awakened EVA-13 and Awakened Mark.09, both being essentially palette swaps of their normal mode with a few different details (pylon-wings for EVA-13, new head for Mark.09), maybe they are waiting to see if 13 and 09 sells well before starting the production of these variants?
Last edited by ElMariachi on Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:21 pm

View Original PostGojimatt wrote:Speaking of Damashii, can any one shed any light on why Bandai decided not to continue producing those figures? To me they remain the pinnacle of Eva figures and I'd love to see some more but i think i might be waiting a long time for a resurgence of that line. Oh well, ramble over.

I'd say it'd be a licencing thing maybe, with Kaiyodo winning certain exclusive rights for that product market (six inch scale, highly detailed, highly articulated, et cetera).
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

Gojimatt
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Gojimatt » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:53 am

Yeah, i always suspected it was licence thing as well, I know the beast mode didn't sell as well as unit 01 and 02 i just hope they didn't let that put them off.

You make an interesting point about fan service, ElMariachi, though ironically i prefer the new looks for the characters, especially Misato's new get up, the Eva's have gone through subtle (and not so subtle) design changes over the years, the cast were long overdue for a new look i think but i can definetly see where you're coming from. It's also interesting that figma haven't produced any figures this time around, which is a real shame cuss i woul have loved a new Misato in that line.

To my mind there are about three (four if you count both stages of unit 02's beast mode transformation) that Kaiyodo could make. A white Eva 13 and a black Mark 09 (with freaky new angel head) would be a welcome edition to my collection, as would the 'battle-cat' version of unit 02.

I guess I'm just lamenting the passing of the Damashii Eva's, I felt a faint glimmer of hope when I saw unit 02 in a display with other past Damashii figures at a recent bandai exibition but I know that's just wishful thinking. I'll go sit in the corner and quietly get on with it... sob.

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:48 pm

Placed my first ever pre-order for a figure (Asuka of course) and it will the be most I've paid for one. Happy advanced birthday to me!

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:37 pm

The sad thing is 28 year old party girl Misato is marketable as a figurine and action figure. 42 year old Christmas Cake battle hardened Misato isn't necessarily. Sex sells, and when you pull a ballsy move like aging a certain character by 14 years you more or less take away their sex appeal.

Are there any figurines of Robo Goggles Gendo?

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:41 pm

How about a figure?

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:21 pm

^
Honestly, that figure is ugly, especially the face: it looks like a cross between Abraham Lincoln and Cyclop. :cringe:
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:39 pm

Abraham Lincoln was the first thing that came to my mind upon seeing that.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:54 pm

Well, I really doubt RD will continue now... It didn't even finished the 2.0 lineup while Revoltech did it twice...
And I do hope Revo doesn't pull a RD on the rest of the Q Evas... I want my Adam's Vessel Mark 09 :irked:

My agenda marks the date of the Wonderfest just to check that XD
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby bladerj » Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:37 pm

Since this thread is pratically dead of eva figures, for those who enjoy ghost in the shell.....
OMG ITS COMING FOR XMAS !!!

http://dowant.com.br/2014/07/17/max-factory-ghost-in-the-shell-stand-alone-complex-figura-figma-da-motoko-kusanagi/

man that smiley is perfect it capture this scene perfectly (couldnt find teh original but fan art is close)

i hope they make a ops suit version and she comes with this face Image
ANATA BAKA !?

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:10 pm

View Original PostRay wrote:The sad thing is 28 year old party girl Misato is marketable as a figurine and action figure. 42 year old Christmas Cake battle hardened Misato isn't necessarily. Sex sells, and when you pull a ballsy move like aging a certain character by 14 years you more or less take away their sex appeal.

Alright, committing now: if we ever see a RAH Q Misato I'm buying it on principle, because fuck this noise. Misato is hot, no matter the age. And btw, Christie Brinkley says "hi". In case you didn't know she's 60, and yes, she still looks that good (though God alone knows how).
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:15 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:And btw, Christie Brinkley says "hi". In case you didn't know she's 60, and yes, she still looks that good (though God alone knows how).

Come on, don't play innocent, did you never saw Nip/Tuck?

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”