[Merch] Evangelion Figures Superthread [3]

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:56 pm

So I've never preordered anything for Eva or spent up to $100 on a figure...But that Asuka release by Alter really has me excited, so I am planning on doing so depending on how things shake out. And I would even take it out of the box too! That would be something relatively new (opened my Portraits 4 of Shinji, rest is all MIP).
Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

Like_s
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Like_s » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:42 pm

Hi everyone. I am new here. Happy to join this forum which so many fans of eva sharing their collection.

@Theron - I hope to see the RAH eva13's photo first before the preorder. I own a RAH eva01 only.
For Your Eyes Only

wavemstr_Elk
Embryo

Tsukuda Eva-01

•      
  •      

Postby wavemstr_Elk » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:01 am

Hey, so I got this figure off of my friend in a trade a while ago, thinking that it was worth around $20, but some digging around indicates that it may be worth quite a lot more than that, and i am looking for someone to help me to determine just how much more.

It is a 17 inch PVC figure of Evangelion Unit-01 by tsukuda hobby. I have looked all over the internet and the only similar things I have found for sale are the units 00 and 02 over on ebay for around $500 each, but I am skeptical of this number, it being from ebay and all. I have found other places mentioning its rarity, but none of them have given it a price tag, although i have found out that it was originally sold at 9800 yen.

If this price does turn out to be remotely accurate, i may be interested in selling it, if someone on here is interested in buying it

Gojimatt
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Gojimatt » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:22 am

Just paid for my medicom eva 02 gamma, ouch it smarts a bit!
'Do not try to escape earthlings or you'll force us to kill you!'

Jinroh
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Jinroh » Tue May 06, 2014 1:21 pm

40$ of customs again... I'll post pics in 12 hours.

fleeting
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby fleeting » Tue May 06, 2014 2:01 pm

RAH Eva Unit 02'y arrived yesterday. Its pretty nifty. Will post some pics once I have it posed. :D

shaneva002
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby shaneva002 » Fri May 09, 2014 3:11 pm

So after such a long drought of Eva figs we finally get something...........Optimus Prime in Eva-01 colors to kick off an Evangelion x Transformers crossover/toyline...............

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/04/25/transformers-meet-evangelion-in-official-japanese-crossover-1373416?lt_source=external,manual#!Lx2Wx
Internet elitists suck,ya you know who you are.

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Fri May 09, 2014 3:14 pm

View Original Postshaneva002 wrote:So after such a long drought of Eva figs we finally get something...........Optimus Prime in Eva-01 colors to kick off an Evangelion x Transformers crossover/toyline...............

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/04/25/transformers-meet-evangelion-in-official-japanese-crossover-1373416?lt_source=external,manual#!Lx2Wx

"Shinji, get in the fucking robot...and ROLL OUT!"
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Fri May 09, 2014 4:17 pm

Next we'll have a brunette Asuka and a Rei with weird fingers...
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

fleeting
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby fleeting » Sat May 10, 2014 3:44 pm

Here are a few pics of Rah Unit 02'y. Its a great figure. Only have 2 small complaints listed below. It has a lot more options for poses than poor Unit 08, which only came with 1 gun accessory. The arms of both 02'y and 08 have looser plastic covering to allow them to stretch with less problems than previous Rah Neos. It might just be mine, but the elbow joint itself won't stay bent and pops back into the neutral outstretch arm position on both RAHs.

Pew Pew
SPOILER: Show

Complaint 1: the forearm does not rotate in any way. The elbow can go up and down, but not side to side. This was a problem because in order to get the hand to pose as i wanted, the forearm looks really awkward.

Pose I wanted

Complaint 2: The feet are not very stable. It takes a bit of maneuvering to get it to be able to stand in anything but the basic neutral pose. It is possible though.
The pic below shows how the foot works. it is a toe portion and a heel portion connected together with a single motion joint.

The two so far from 3.0 look great together. Have to probably repose to make room for Mark.09 and an eventual Eva 13.

Still want a Shinji and Kaworu. Hoping they get a release in 3.0 plugsuits.

I want the Vertex plug interior to pose with Asuka, buuut i don't want to pay 5-600 for it. Looks like it fits very well though.

Like_s
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Like_s » Tue May 13, 2014 9:49 am

Nice collection. but the eva02 y looks short. still prefer the original eva02[/spoiler]
For Your Eyes Only

fleeting
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby fleeting » Tue May 13, 2014 3:11 pm

View Original PostLike_s wrote:Nice collection. but the eva02 y looks short. still prefer the original eva02[/spoiler]

He is actually the same, I just have his back and legs arched more in that pose. Its hard to tell in the pic ;)

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby bladerj » Tue May 13, 2014 7:36 pm

View Original Postfleeting wrote: snip

you dont want to spend 500 bucks on the seat ? how much is a medicom in us ? cos here its praticallly the same price.
ANATA BAKA !?

fleeting
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby fleeting » Wed May 14, 2014 2:36 pm

View Original Postbladerj wrote:you dont want to spend 500 bucks on the seat ? how much is a medicom in us ? cos here its praticallly the same price.

250$ on Amiami with shipping.

jota
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby jota » Wed May 14, 2014 6:01 pm

Hello companions. It's been quite a long time since I last posted here, at that time we were discussing the Revoltech and Robot Damashii figures for Evangelion 2.22, ages ago huh?

So the thing is, I have been in touch with the new releases such as Revoltech's and RAH's, though I saw nothing about Robot Damashii. Did Bandai abandon the Rebuild line?

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Wed May 14, 2014 6:38 pm

View Original Postjota wrote:I saw nothing about Robot Damashii. Did Bandai abandon the Rebuild line?

3 years without figures or announcements, you bet... I knew those RD were trouble when I saw them, leaving inconcluse sets and hyped fans...
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

Like_s
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Like_s » Fri May 16, 2014 10:35 pm

i wouldn't said is the RD line problem. The problem is with bandai. always not completed the line, they just produce what ever they want to produce.
For Your Eyes Only

Jinroh
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Jinroh » Mon May 19, 2014 4:41 pm

I've just received my RAH Eva-01, and I'm really disappointed. It has too many flaws for such a high price to be justified. I'll post some details and pictures later.

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Wed May 28, 2014 3:39 pm

With the big figures being so expensive and me being so poor and lacking space, I've been hunting around for decent small-scale figures with some success! So far, I've picked up two sets of Bandai's Ultimate Action Evas.

One set is NGE Classic with Evas 1-3, Israfel Orange, and a launch platform. There's also a grey Israfel, but I really didn't want to spend 25 dollars and get a bunch of duplicates for just the one figure:

The other is a Rebuild set with Eva 01, Eva 00, Sachiel, Shamshel, and two VTOL fighters on a stand.

Fantastic little figures, especially for the price. The Evas are 4.5 inches at the fins, jointed at the necks, shoulders, wrists, waists, hips, knees, ankles, and the booklet shows a hidden elbow joint that I'm afraid to use after hearing about the RAH figures deteriorating. They also come with a bunch of weapons, interchangeable hands, and at least one umbilical cable.

Sachiel has articulated elbows and shoulders and has small energy rams that peg into the arms. Shamshel's head moves up and down for flight mode and has a second set of arms in a different pose. Israfel...does nothing.

Just yesterday, I bought a complete set of Fraulein Heroine Anthology 4 part 2 figures:

A full set of Assault Action Q figures:

Can't wait to see these up close. They look really similar to the Ultimate Action figures, but with a better elbow joint system.

And also the Mark 09 from the Neo Act 2 set:

It seems to have some kind of limited articulation, but I'll have to check it closer when it gets here.

I'm still missing 04, 05, 06, and a Mass Production Eva to complete my Mini Eva collection. 4's pretty much a bust. I've seen an unpainted 05 as part of one Ultimate Action set but none for sale individually. 06 is in the first Assault set and pretty expensive to come by. No idea about the Harpie, though :um:

Theron
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Theron » Thu May 29, 2014 12:59 pm

Just got my RAH NEO Eva 01. It's amazing. I wish it was more poseable, but the sheer dominance it carries over the rest of my collection is so worth it.
WHERE IS MY UNIT 13 BANDAI

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”