[Merch] Evangelion Figures Superthread [3]

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
shaneva002
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby shaneva002 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:26 pm

My Eva-08 is already on a plane on its way here, will prob get it saturday. ^^
Internet elitists suck,ya you know who you are.

fleeting
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby fleeting » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:08 pm

View Original PostTheron wrote:There's a good amount of shots of Unit 13 on Yamaguchi's twitter- he likes to post pictures of about-to-be-released revoltechs in shenanigans.
https://twitter.com/fuikitodoki

whew unit 08 is even more bubblegum pink in figure form.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:21 pm

It seems Eva 13's pylons are not attached to the shoulders...

And here we can see the segments... I wonder which ones are rubber...
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:36 pm

New images of the Bandai Kits of Evas 02 gamma and 08 beta from the Tokyo Toy Show:

Gojimatt
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Gojimatt » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:53 am

There's some boxed pics of unit 08 over on Hobby Search, looks pretty good. Impressed that Kaiyodo have seen fit to not only include unit 02's robot arm but also another right shoulder pylon with the tiny screw detail present on these 3.0 eva variants, that's attention to detail!
'Do not try to escape earthlings or you'll force us to kill you!'

Archaiel
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Archaiel » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:06 pm

View Original PostSEELE-01 wrote:Not that I know...
But 2 of which one? The normal or the light-able one?
I recall someone receiving an Eva 04 with 2 right pylons...

Hmmm I wonder who that was? (T.T) and it was 2 left pylons.

The good thing that came out of such a horrible situation was the drive to take up resin casting AND make custom Eva Revos :D
Which reminds me, SEELE-01, I'm quite interested to see what customs you have done. I know of your several (and ungodly expensive) custom Eva 04's, have you any others? I'll post pics of mine as soon as I've finished (sculpting, casting molds, and resin is quite the slow, costly process).
Wait, I do have a finished re-paint of 02 if you'd like to see it. Currently I'm sculpting a modified head for it but it still looks fine with the 02 head.
Avatar: Eva Unit 6.66 LCFL (My original design)

Participated in:
2011 - LDC & EvADC

Current Eva Projects:
-Tweaking Eva 6.66
-Weaving a Continuity

Archaiel
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Archaiel » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:14 pm

View Original PostSEELE-01 wrote:It seems Eva 13's pylons are not attached to the shoulders...

And here we can see the segments... I wonder which ones are rubber...

I'm still uneasy about these new methods of attaching the pylons. 13 seems to be alright but 02y and Mark 09 seem to me as a step backward in quality. I honestly was fine with the Evo method...

In regards to the torso armor segments, I am kind of hoping that they arent rubber and they just collapse into the spaces between each other. That way resin casting duplicates for customs would be practical

Participated in:
2011 - LDC & EvADC

Current Eva Projects:
-Tweaking Eva 6.66
-Weaving a Continuity

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:24 pm

View Original Postfleeting wrote:I have 8 of them. The metallic repaints look neat. They are not very poseable, and the joints can break due to how long ago they were manufactured. Metallic unit 00 broke right out of the package :(
Bardiel can get the best poses due to his head having 2 different angle options. It would be nice if unit 01 had that because its head is staring down at the ground. Unit 01 also doesn't have elbow joints...so his poses are even more limited. They do come with plenty of weapons which is nice. Oh and the legs are spread really far apart on all the figs. almost looks like they are squatting.

Thanks.

What about the MP Evangelion? You know, the one with the mangled Unit 02 base, and the multiple gory stumps you can plug into its arms. I saw one at a convention table and was very tempted to pick it up-should I have?
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:31 pm

View Original PostArchaiel wrote:I'm still uneasy about these new methods of attaching the pylons. 13 seems to be alright but 02y and Mark 09 seem to me as a step backward in quality. I honestly was fine with the Evo method...

In regards to the torso armor segments, I am kind of hoping that they arent rubber and they just collapse into the spaces between each other. That way resin casting duplicates for customs would be practical

Isn't recasting parts of a design you don't own slightly...illegal?
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

shaneva002
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby shaneva002 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:36 pm

View Original PostSEELE-01 wrote:And thus, the face of Eva 00 remains a mystery...

Do you have this one dustwulf?

I had that whole Chogokin set til I sold it on ebay awhile back. They are alittle shorter then the EvaEvos.The rifles are a little bigger because the figures themselves are "Wider". But not by much, most the weapons from those sets will work with EvaEvos but RDs hands are to small and flimsy.
Internet elitists suck,ya you know who you are.

fleeting
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby fleeting » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:58 pm

View Original PostSquigsquasher wrote:Thanks.

What about the MP Evangelion? You know, the one with the mangled Unit 02 base, and the multiple gory stumps you can plug into its arms. I saw one at a convention table and was very tempted to pick it up-should I have?

Have 2 of the Unit 02 and 2 MP Evas without wings and one MP Eva with wings. I love these figures. They can get lots of great poses. The only downside (just what i've had happen on nearly all of mine) is that the ankles break incredibly easy. Don't know if its a weak joint or what. Otherwise these figs are way better then the Kaiyodoo Xebec line.

SPOILER: Show

Archaiel
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Archaiel » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:03 pm

View Original PostSquigsquasher wrote:Isn't recasting parts of a design you don't own slightly...illegal?

Hmmm perhaps it is. In my defense I would say:

1) I am not profitting from it
2) I only duplicate certain parts so that I may alter the sculpt without damaging the original
3) I sculpt my own extra parts not in the original product
4) The only parts I have/would duplicate without altering it are to fix factory defects such as 2 left pylons, which HAS happened to me (EVA EVO 04 no less....)
5) Some parts such as Eva 01's head, lance of longinus, etc can only be made through injection molding which is far outside the realm of possibility for a single person
6) Parts such as the pelvis, torso, chest, neck, and boot guards(?) either cannot be duplicated or must be broken apart to mold, cast, and duplicate leaving the original in shambles. For such parts one must purchase another figure regardless

Resin casting is expensive to say the least so If I wanted to have multiples of the same figure it'd just be cheaper to purchase multiple. In effect I am not harming the company or its profits.

Participated in:
2011 - LDC & EvADC

Current Eva Projects:
-Tweaking Eva 6.66
-Weaving a Continuity

gruntyguy
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby gruntyguy » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:19 pm

Wait how are the pylons attached in the new Eva figs? If I remember they were originally simply a peg. In Evo series theyre a tiny revo joint into the shoulder, which isnt very good either. They come out very easily.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:48 pm

View Original PostArchaiel wrote:Hmmm I wonder who that was? (T.T) and it was 2 left pylons.

Ahh... That!

View Original PostArchaiel wrote:The good thing that came out of such a horrible situation was the drive to take up resin casting AND make custom Eva Revos :D

I tried that... Nothing came out except a large expense of cash that I regret -_-

View Original PostArchaiel wrote:Which reminds me, SEELE-01, I'm quite interested to see what customs you have done. I know of your several (and ungodly expensive) custom Eva 04's, have you any others?

Hahahahah, ungodly XD

View Original PostArchaiel wrote:I'll post pics of mine as soon as I've finished (sculpting, casting molds, and resin is quite the slow, costly process).Wait, I do have a finished re-paint of 02 if you'd like to see it. Currently I'm sculpting a modified head for it but it still looks fine with the 02 head.

Nice! I'd like to see that!

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:53 pm

View Original Postgruntyguy wrote:Wait how are the pylons attached in the new Eva figs? If I remember they were originally simply a peg. In Evo series theyre a tiny revo joint into the shoulder, which isnt very good either. They come out very easily.

Tv/1.0 mold: 2 holes in the shoulder held the pylon in place via pegs
2.0 mold: a small peg from the Eva's back (not the best)
EvaEvo: a tiny joint on the back of the shoulder
EvaEvo': a tiny joint like that of the EvaEvo oh the body

For practical purposes, I propose calling the Q figures EvaEvo' to differentiate them from the originals...

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:17 am

View Original Postfleeting wrote:Have 2 of the Unit 02 and 2 MP Evas without wings and one MP Eva with wings. I love these figures. They can get lots of great poses. The only downside (just what i've had happen on nearly all of mine) is that the ankles break incredibly easy. Don't know if its a weak joint or what. Otherwise these figs are way better then the Kaiyodoo Xebec line.

Ah, right. Different line, I see. They do look great, arguably better than the Revoltechs (fragility aside). Did Kaiyodo make any other Evas under the same line as the MP Evas?
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Archaiel
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Archaiel » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:07 pm

View Original PostSEELE-01 wrote:Tv/1.0 mold: 2 holes in the shoulder held the pylon in place via pegs
2.0 mold: a small peg from the Eva's back (not the best)
EvaEvo: a tiny joint on the back of the shoulder
EvaEvo': a tiny joint like that of the EvaEvo oh the body

For practical purposes, I propose calling the Q figures EvaEvo' to differentiate them from the originals...

I agree with you on that differentiation, but after eva 13 they change it again to what I believe is the worst idea cosmetically. I'd put up a pic but there are plenty of 02y and mk 09 up already so backtrack a little and you'll see what I mean

Participated in:
2011 - LDC & EvADC

Current Eva Projects:
-Tweaking Eva 6.66
-Weaving a Continuity

fleeting
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby fleeting » Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:38 pm

Nope. Only 3 were made for the release of End of Evangelion. Unit 02 and the winged and non winged MP Evas. The Xebec line made 00,01,02,03 and 04. Most have a metallic repaint too. Unit 01 has a deluxe edition that has most of the weapons the other Evas come with also.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:06 pm

View Original PostArchaiel wrote:I agree with you on that differentiation, but after eva 13 they change it again to what I believe is the worst idea cosmetically. I'd put up a pic but there are plenty of 02y and mk 09 up already so backtrack a little and you'll see what I mean

Regardless of the sculpt the idea is to separate Eva 02 Beta, 08 Alpha, 13, Mark. 09, 02 Gamma and 08 Beta...

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:10 am

Unboxed the Mark.06 Revo earlier tonight from the joint Eva-01 box set...

The colours and paint are really well done. I'm not a fan of the glossy finish, which I think looks a little odd on figures like the Test Type, but it works wonders on the Mark.06 here.

QC-wise, there's a strange mold gloop on the right-side of the waist which kind of effects the poseability somewhat, but nothing I can't live with. Might have to look into doing something about it if it becomes more of an issue down the line, so lucky I got you guys to go to for advice then, hey? Hehe.

:tongue:

[Also pictured; SHMA Godzilla 1994].

The different hands are super easy to attach and I probably won't bother using that moon head variant - The only thing I wanted was a taller stand so I could have the Mark.06 displaying in that classic descent imagery, Spear of Cassius in-hand. Should be able to mock a solution together myself though using the bits provided by the release. Hopefully I can get some more time to play with it during the week and see what kind of poses I can get out of it.

Next time: Evangelion Mark.06 Revo vs Link (Skyward Sword) Figma!
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”