Evangelion Art Exhibition Australian Tour coming in 2013

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Riotgear
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Riotgear » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:12 am

Actually, I got in for free both times I attended. The first time I was told I could go in without paying as the exhibit wasn't quite finished being set up, and later, though I had the $5 on me, I was never asked for it and didn't see anyone else that was, either. I actually forgot about paying a few seconds after I stepped through the door and saw people that made me feel inadequately dressed. Suits! Glamorous dresses! Thank god I wasn't the only one my age, and therefore not quite the only one dressed in everyday casual wear. There was alcohol on offer but I just had coke, because I'm a 13 year old trapped in a 28 year old body.

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:50 am

Anyone cosplay? I guess the first time opening of a gallery exhibit warrants certain folks dressing up, regardless of the medium on display. That would be a killer time to sport that Eva x Haruyama dress clothing.
Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

Riotgear
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Riotgear » Fri May 10, 2013 12:53 am

Tee hee. From Madman's Facebook page:
We were overwhelmed by the response to the Sydney opening of the Evangelion Art Exhibition Tour today. Apologies for anyone waiting in long lines for the merchandise. We will have more hands on deck tomorrow for what will be a massive day. We also anticipate having the EFTPOS machine working again, however we advise all patrons to bring cash just in case.

Here is also a more handy price guide for the items that are available.

Thank you again for your understanding and we hope to see you again tomorrow at Japan Foundation, Sydney.

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Fri May 10, 2013 9:51 am

OK, $7 for a shitajiki, that's doable but $20 for a pen? :huh:

Come to SF again and bring anything left over! :tongue:
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

MoroNoKimi
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby MoroNoKimi » Fri May 10, 2013 11:35 am

Damn it, I wish I could go to Australia.

I was going to ask if you could take my money and buy some things but then I saw you said that you aren't going back. :boohoo:

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Fri May 10, 2013 1:24 pm

I wonder how much the markup is. If you were to buy everything you would spend $768.75 AUD. And the EFTPOS machine is down? What kind of Mickey Mouse operation are you running Madman??!! :lol:

A very slim chance that some of these may crop up at FanimeCon but I haven't seen the theater-only stuff from the prior Rebuild releases so Yahoo Japan auctions may be the route to go.

Rena
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Rena » Fri May 10, 2013 6:18 pm

I went to the Gold Coast exhibition, but I had blown all my money at Supanova two days before.
I tried to borrow money off my mum, but she declared everything too expensive for her to lend money.

I'm considering attending the Sydney exhibition, now that I have some money. But everything is really expensive, I don't know what's worth buying.

Fazmotron
Admin Emeritus :-{|
Admin Emeritus :-{|

•      
  •      

Postby Fazmotron » Sat May 11, 2013 4:20 am

So I just got back from Sydney and seeing the exhibition on Friday and Saturday and it was pretty damn cool. I ended up buying the Elevator Calendar, the heat changing Mug, and a little random charm thing.

I also got the opportunity to interview Sly from Madman about all things Eva, and will have a video of it online as soon as I finish editing it. (which might be a little while because I'm in the process of moving at the moment)
[Became a moderator on August 14th, 2011. Became an administrator on September 7th, 2013.]
--Fazmotron--
A.K.A. - Ryan Farrell
How Chaz sees me.
BobBQ - I find your lack of :-{| disturbing.

FAZMOTRON.com

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionFan » Sat May 11, 2013 6:18 am

I won't be going, but I'm glad to hear you had a good time.
Voluntary Illusion.

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Sat May 11, 2013 9:44 am

View Original PostFazmotron wrote:I also got the opportunity to interview Sly from Madman about all things Eva, and will have a video of it online as soon as I finish editing it. (which might be a little while because I'm in the process of moving at the moment)

Awesome! Some discussion of their 3.33 release hopefully.

Looking forward to the vid anyway.
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Sun May 12, 2013 1:14 am

Wondering what you did there for 2 days. Good luck with the move!

lastcody
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby lastcody » Mon May 13, 2013 10:40 pm

My buddy Jake (Who was on the MEGA64 EVA 3.33 cast along side me) Skype'd me the whole art exhibit I got to see everything and it is so rad to see the production art of 1.0 and 2.0, and I got him to buy me the BADASS Perennial Calendar. Shit was not cheap and a lot of stuff was sold out but that thing is so fucking sick its modeled after the NERV elevator and is a exclusive to the event.

Madonna
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Madonna » Mon May 13, 2013 11:39 pm

Just went today, so awesome. Brought a few of the merchandise.

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Tue May 14, 2013 12:14 am

Madonna, I had no idea you were Australian.

There are more of us lurking EGF than I dare think, it seems...
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

Madonna
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Madonna » Tue May 14, 2013 5:32 am

Born and raised in Sydney :D

The exhibit was really great, I'm thinking about going again because its kinda close to where I work. I definitely wanna buy another item or two, although some of their stuff is totally overpriced.

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Tue May 14, 2013 9:58 am

View Original Postlastcody wrote:My buddy Jake (Who was on the MEGA64 EVA 3.33 cast along side me) Skype'd me the whole art exhibit I got to see everything and it is so rad to see the production art of 1.0 and 2.0, and I got him to buy me the BADASS Perennial Calendar. Shit was not cheap and a lot of stuff was sold out but that thing is so fucking sick its modeled after the NERV elevator and is a exclusive to the event.

Very cool, how'd this happen?

The production art is in the Groundworks but seeing it at actual size with the corresponding scenes that it was used to create is completely different. Same as seeing pictures of paintings in art books then seeing the real thing up close.

The calendar and everything else was only available in theaters during the 3.0 release.

lastcody
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby lastcody » Tue May 14, 2013 4:52 pm

View Original PostAR-99 wrote:The production art is in the Groundworks but seeing it at actual size with the corresponding scenes that it was used to create is completely different. Same as seeing pictures of paintings in art books then seeing the real thing up close.

Of course it does not beat seeing the real thing in person, he just skype'd me to ask what I wanted him to pick up for me off the merch table, and it just ended up him showing me the whole exhibit.

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Tue May 14, 2013 5:31 pm

Based on my experience of this exhibit last year in SF I was assuming a no photo policy, which I think would preclude someone from skyping it. Not finding many fan photos of the exhibit but based on this Tumblr post it looks like there were no prohibitions on photography.

lastcody
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby lastcody » Tue May 14, 2013 6:32 pm

View Original PostAR-99 wrote:Based on my experience of this exhibit last year in SF I was assuming a no photo policy, which I think would preclude someone from skyping it. Not finding many fan photos of the exhibit but based on this Tumblr post it looks like there were no prohibitions on photography.

Yeah there was a no photography thing but the only guy running the merch booth was chill about it

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Tue May 14, 2013 8:01 pm

Very cool. Take what you can and be grateful for what you can get, I say.

Found out through Madman's FB page that they are running a contest in which the prize is a merch pack including a signed postcard by Yuko Miyamura (not shown). In total valued at $488.30 AUD. Open to Australian residents only, which I got them to clarify since there were previously no residency specifications. Good luck!

[URL=http://imgur.com/dDXocbj]Image[/URL]

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”