2 or 3 inch Nerv logo Sticker?

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
zuka
Adam

2 or 3 inch Nerv logo Sticker?

•      
  •      

Postby zuka » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:19 pm

Hey guys

I'm getting a Macbook Air in a few weeks and I want to cover up the illuminated apple logo on the case. I bought it cause it was cheaper than the thin and light windows notebooks, not because I want to be a walking, glowing brand advertisement.

What better way to cover it than with a NERV logo? Problem is, I can't find any that are small enough to not be enormous. Most of the ones I've seen are car sized at around 6 to 10 inches, and I'd be looking for one around 2 or 3.

Does anyone know of any? Black'd be preferable, but any color's okay

Cheers, zuka
Eva is the only anime I've ever watched, so I'm sorry if I don't get your jokes.

juaxoo
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby juaxoo » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:46 pm

you could get a hard clamshell case for it,(and put the nerv logo on the case but not the laptop itself) those from incase or iskin or something like that, however i would just keep the macbook air as it is

u could make one urself too, heh

Yue
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Yue » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:11 pm

It's not my business, but I wouldn't suggest the macbook air. :P the MBP costs something similar, and it's better in basically every way. Even battery life.

As for your question, you might also be underestimating just how bright the logo gets. If it's dark all you can see is the apple. As for the sticker, I THINK you could get one made at a print shop like kinko's or something.
When I say you are a monster,
When I set fire to your name,
It does not matter where they hear it from,
Whether truth or lies, it gets said all the same!

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

•      
  •      

Postby KnightmareX13 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:15 pm

I don't know how bright the apple logos are, I have a HP and it's logo is pretty bright, but in all likely hood the light would just shine through the sticker.
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

Yue
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Yue » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:20 pm

View Original PostKnightmareX13 wrote:I don't know how bright the apple logos are, I have a HP and it's logo is pretty bright, but in all likely hood the light would just shine through the sticker.

That's what I was trying to get at, yeah. The best answer would be to mod the logo so that it looks like the NERV logo, but that's not very practical.
When I say you are a monster,
When I set fire to your name,
It does not matter where they hear it from,
Whether truth or lies, it gets said all the same!

resetter
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby resetter » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:02 am

Hi there, i have a little hobby making car decals, i can make small ones as well, but indeed you`ll have the apple led underneath shining though, but i can counter that by added 2 layers of vinyls.

You can either wrap the back with a satin/matt black wrapping film, or i could cut out the black to go under neath the red of the nerv logo, that way you get a black outline, but the light wont shine trough... (i can stick this film on a 1,5 watt led spotlight and it will only just go trough ever so slightly so an apple logo wouldn`t be a problem)

However at that size you cant have the txt "gods in his heaven" as that will be to small to cut or have it stick on the laptop longer then 10 minutes :p
Custom decals pm me

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

•      
  •      

Postby KnightmareX13 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:33 am

I wonder if there is some setting that controls the brightness of the logo.
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price

resetter
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby resetter » Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:52 pm

View Original PostKnightmareX13 wrote:I wonder if there is some setting that controls the brightness of the logo.

I dont use mac stuff i wont sell my soul to the devil ;) but i`d bet there is, i`ll go and make some screen shots of my new pc sidepannel with the nerv logo once i get it al wrapped up ;)
Custom decals pm me

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

•      
  •      

Postby KnightmareX13 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:28 pm

View Original Postresetter wrote:I dont use mac stuff i wont sell my soul to the devil ;) but i`d bet there is, i`ll go and make some screen shots of my new pc sidepannel with the nerv logo once i get it al wrapped up ;)

I never used any macs either. I just betting that their is a software for it, I have seen software that can control the fan speed or turn fans on and off in computer cases.

gatotsu911
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby gatotsu911 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:18 pm

Where can one get one of these of appropriate size for a MacBook Pro?
"I am shocked, SHOCKED, that a regular on an Evangelion forum would be a self-hating mess." - Tarnsman, paraphrased

"Jesus Christ, why are we even still talking about this shit?" - The Eva Monkey, summing up Evageeks in a sentence

Avatar: The Frozen Flame ~ Where Angels Lose Their Way

MandarinOrange
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby MandarinOrange » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:35 pm

You can also look on Etsy. I've seen some Eva computer decals on there before.

resetter
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby resetter » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:40 pm

View Original Postgatotsu911 wrote:Where can one get one of these of appropriate size for a MacBook Pro?

just to cover the logo or cover the entire back?
Searched for a definitive Nerf or Seele logo, thats why i stumbled on this forum, fyi im not here to make money its just a little hobby i have on the side that grew a bit out of proportions.

For those that wonder yes I've seen EVA, awesome watch then again I watch quite a lot of anime currently have 5,5 tb stored 2 tb watched already... you figure out the time that took.

For stickers i`d need the size of the sticker you want OR the exact size of the object you want to put it on, that way i can size it up perfectly for you.

I have done complete cars, to signs to casemodding/lanparty decals.

And i only just set up my new plotter, Ill get busy on that one tomorrow and i`ll show you the result of a basic 10 minute job how to transform a bland pc case.
Custom decals pm me

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”